Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

"Women are made for men" -The Christian God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Women are made for men" -The Christian God (14410 Views)

Is The Christian God A God Of Slavery? / Doctrine of trinity (one Christian God) revealed / I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

They are atheists . They don't understand what counterexamples do to a statement or claim . If someone makes a claim and a counterexample is given , it utterly destroys the claim .

@ emboldened text

That's why they don't know when the thread has been dealt with . They keep asking stupid questions hoping to recover from the blow grin

Honestly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by hopefulLandlord: 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

They are atheists . They don't understand what counterexamples do to a statement or claim . If someone makes a claim and a counterexample is given , it utterly destroys the claim .

@ emboldened text

That's why they don't know when the thread has been dealt with . They keep asking stupid questions hoping to recover from the blow grin

this is a fallacy

Cherry picking (suppressed evidence, incomplete evidence) – act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

anyways the OP is clear enough

4 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You have stopped making sense .

The Bible records 48 male prophets and 7 prophetesses . There were powerful queens and one female judge . There were female deliverers too.

And Ruth was celebrated as a Judaism convert .

If women were indeed demeaned , they won't have attained these heights .

Even in modern society , how many female leaders do you see ? But we've seen a reasonable number of women at the top echelons in the Jewish society

These have disproven your claim that women were demeaned .

End of story

Read my post again hopefully you'll understand .
U are just insisting on emptiness.
Firstly, I didn't even say the Jewish society demeaned women. That was the standard at that time. I said the bible demeans women. Check the principles of the bible from the old testament to the new. They all contain principles that demean women.
When Paul says women are created for men, how does the fact that there was a female judge counter that fact.
When God says rape victims should be sold to the people who raped them, how does the fact that a few women attained good heights nullify that fact. Does it change the fact that that particular law wasn't fair to women??
In the north, the female child is subject to early marriage, if a female northerner become a minister, does it change the fact the female child is unfairly treated.
U are mentioning about ten women that attained great heights, what about the thousands of rape victims that were sold to their assailants or the thousands that were stoned to death because they were not virgins.

3 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by hopefulLandlord: 9:28pm On Jan 09, 2017
MrMarvelous:

Hmmmmmm. Apart from the fact that suddenly the OT has now become relevant...and there's suddenly no distinction between law and grace as that Felix dude was talking about.

This isn't about whether they were historical.

So given the above, and the bible verses quoted in the OP both old and new Testaments...how do you reconcile that with your statement of the bible didn't really demean women?

If you didn't read the Bible verses please do that.

And ummmm please can you address Paul's statements on women and reconcile them with yours?

exactly!!!
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

this is a fallacy

Cherry picking (suppressed evidence, incomplete evidence) – act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

felixomor will be forming king of fallacies but he can't recognize this one. KingEbukasblog will just keep insisting on refuted arguments like his life depends on it... grin
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

this is a fallacy

If you claim that women were demeaned and marginalized , then why were there powerful queens , prophetesses , a female judge , deliverers and celebrated women ?

Please answer this question

Maybe you should understand the context before you scream cherrypicking because by your reasoning I can accuse him of cherrypicking too undecided undecided

Use sense !
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:

felixomor will be forming king of fallacies but he can't recognize this one. KingEbukasblog will just keep insisting on refuted arguments like his life depends on it... grin
grin
Folake abi na wetin dem call u again
Sometimes u make me laugh..
Honestly....

Receive Healing..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:

You guys are funny

You are the one cherrypicking because you are making a conclusion while suppressing evidences felixomor and I have presented here that contradict your position

Receive sense !

Receive it !

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

If you claim that women were demeaned and marginalized , then why were there powerful queens , prophetesses , a female judge , deliverers and celebrated women ?

Please answer this question

Maybe you should understand the context before you scream cherrypicking because by your reasoning I can accuse him of cherrypicking too undecided undecided

Use sense !
Take it easy na, life is not that hard grin
U just keep repeating this argument as if you don't have any other thing to say.
I already gave u an analogy... I beat my wife today, I pamper her tomorrow. Am I a perfect husband? No.
Another analogy, I steal today, and I return lost money I found tomorrow. Am I am honest person? Of course not.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:

Take it easy na, life is not that hard grin
U just keep repeating this argument as if you don't have any other thing to say.
I already gave u an analogy... I beat my wife today, I pamper her tomorrow. Am I a perfect husband? No.
Another analogy, I steal today, and I return lost money I found tomorrow. Am I am honest person? Of course not.

If women are demeaned then there wouldn't be women in the aforementioned positions of authority .

Simple cool

I think I've said enough smiley

Bye Bye
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You guys are funny

You are the one cherrypicking because you are making a conclusion while suppressing evidences felixomor and I have presented here that contradict your position

Receive sense !

Receive it !
U are mentioning individual examples, an mentioning principles. U point to a single female judge, I point to god saying women are created for men.
Even other societies had women who reached great heights. The queen of Sheba for example.
By biblical principles women are inferior to men. Some examples of a few women that were prophetesses doesn't change that fact... I need u to rebut that argument based on principles.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 9:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You guys are funny

Receive sense !

Receive it !

LoooLz grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

If women are demeaned then there wouldn't be women in the aforementioned positions of authority .

Simple cool

I think I've said enough smiley

Bye Bye
That's nonsense and u know it. That's why you're eager to say bye bye.
Women are demeaned in Islam but Aisha was still a major character in the Quran. So also in northern Nigeria...
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by niyihawking(m): 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

Hahaha.
If it applies to me,
Then why is it giving u headache?

I laugh
i noticed that most religionist do not understand the reason why atheist, agnostics and others have to question their religion, and demand them to proof the authenticity of their beliefs

You see, religion in this present day is causing:

terrorism
bigotry
racism
war
depletion in reason power, and others.

it is not moving us forward in this age of reason and technological advancement

crime on the increase
killings here and their(worst is that, its justified by some beliefs)

I for on believe that the argument will help solve some problems

all religionist need do is just show(with proof) us that their religion is the most unique, and that their god is the one true god.

but sadly, most of them go on the defensive when their religion is been questioned.

just address the op(with convincing evidences and intellectual analysis that will be hard to refute)

I'm not even an atheist but I ain't a religionist either(I know KingEbukasBlog is coming for my head)

just prove

2 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:

U are mentioning individual examples, an mentioning principles. U point to a single female judge, I point to god saying women are created for men.
Even other societies had women who reached great heights. The queen of Sheba for example.
By biblical principles women are inferior to men. Some examples of a few women that were prophetesses doesn't change that fact... I need u to rebut that argument based on principles.

What principles ?

Demean : cause a severe loss in the dignity of and respect for (someone or something).

Leaders, judges , deliverers , prophets were celebrated positions in Ancient Judaism .

And I listed women who were celebrated and respected for the actions and positions , so this disproves whatever you think are trying to prove.

Then I asked : in modern societies how many female leaders do they have ?

In Communist governments where atheism ruled , was there even 1 female leader ? Or women in position of authority ?

So what is your point?
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by niyihawking(m): 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

Hahaha.
If it applies to me,
Then why is it giving u headache?

I laugh
i noticed that most religionist do not understand the reason why atheist, agnostics and others have to question their religion, and demand them to proof the authenticity of their beliefs

terrorism
bigotry
racism
war
depletion in reasoning power, and others.

crime on the increase
killings here and there(worst is that, its justified by some beliefs)

I for one believe that the argument will help solve some problems

all religionist need do is just show(with proof) us that their religion is the most unique, and that their god is the one true god.

but sadly, most of them go on the defensive when their religion is been questioned.

just address the op(with convincing evidences and intellectual analysis that will be hard to refute)

I'm not even an atheist but I ain't a religionist either(I know KingEbukasBlog is coming for my head)

just prove
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
niyihawking:

terrorism
bigotry
racism
war
depletion in reason power, and others.

crime on the increase
killings here and their(worst is that, its justified by some beliefs)

I for on believe that the argument will help solve some problems

just prove

He has already been addressed.
Look above.

Shalom
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

What principles ?

Demean : cause a severe loss in the dignity of and respect for (someone or something).

Leaders, judges , deliverers , prophets were celebrated positions in Ancient Judaism .

And I listed women who were celebrated and respected for the actions and positions , so this disproves whatever you think are trying to prove.

Then I asked : in modern societies how many female leaders do they have ?

In Communist governments where atheism ruled , was there even 1 female leader ? Or women in position of authority ?

So what is your point?
U mentioned a few women but that doesn't change the law that girls who were not virgins were stoned to death or the new testament principle that women should be quiet.
I already gave u different analogies, u haven't showed logical reasons why they are flawed. U just keep repeating that there were prophetesses and judges.
Lemme ask u, were rape victims sold to their assailants??
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
So much bullshit_ in one book.

1 Like

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2017
niyihawking:

terrorism
bigotry
racism
war
depletion in reasoning power, and others.

crime on the increase
killings here and there(worst is that, its justified by some beliefs)

I for one believe that the argument will help solve some problems

just prove
cool
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2017
NinjaX:
So much bullshit_ in one book.
Ah teh u!!
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by dalaman: 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

If u read it,
U will see them

Go and read it

Non of them had any leadership position anywhere in the NT. It's not written anywhere.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2017
dalaman:

Non of them had any leadership position anywhere in the NT. It's not written anywhere.

because u didnt read it
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by dalaman: 11:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

because u didnt read it

Non of them had any leadership position in the church. It's not written any where in the new testament . That was his you said sad Peter's daughters taught in the church when the bible only said they had the ability to prophesy. Making things up is what you do.

1 Like

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by dalaman: 12:05am On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Then you agree that objective morals and duties exist , right ?

Is the sharia law objective. God we are told brought it down. Is it objective?

1 Like

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:10am On Jan 10, 2017
dalaman:

Is the sharia law objective. God we are told brought it down. Is it objective?

Sir I thought we are done with this argument cool .

Objective moral values and duties are what they are regardless of how they are performed . wink

You know where to discuss this https://www.nairaland.com/3553021/conclusion-atheism-illogical-atheist-delusion/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by 4kings: 12:14am On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Objective moral values and duties are what they are regardless of how they are performed . wink

You know where to discuss this https://www.nairaland.com/3553021/conclusion-atheism-illogical-atheist-delusion/
Pathetic... undecided tongue
Please read what you wrote again...

3 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by dalaman: 12:27am On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

We are not. If objective moral values exist that means the sharia is Objective. Yes or no? Why don't you want to answer it? Dishonesty? Is the sharia law objective. Pls answer it.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by dalaman: 12:27am On Jan 10, 2017
4kings:

I tire oo.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:28am On Jan 10, 2017
4kings:

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:30am On Jan 10, 2017
dalaman:

We are not. If objective moral values exist that means the sharia is Objective. Yes or no? Why don't you want to answer it? Dishonesty?

I can't believe you expect me to repeat all that was said here https://www.nairaland.com/3553021/conclusion-atheism-illogical-atheist-delusion

Well , whatever makes you happy as an atheist smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 12:32am On Jan 10, 2017
dalaman:

Non of them had any leadership position in the church. It's not written any where in the new testament . That was his you said sad Peter's daughters taught in be church when the bible only said they had the ability to prophesy. Making things up is what you do.

"Peter's daughters"

My God o....
LooooooooLz grin
You dont even know how to tell lies again?
Where was that?

U just demonstrated u have never opened bible before.
Lol

4everGod should hear this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body / 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.