Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,965 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

"As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. (34229 Views)

See The Latest Marriage Requirement In RCCG That Has Gone Viral(pic / Leke Adeboye Thanks Daddy Freeze Over Increase In RCCG Tithes (Photo) / MMM Being Advertised In RCCG Church Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
realmindz:

how does that address the issue.

Tell your dad to go and look for a job...He sud use his hands to work, there is dignity in labour not sharing religious loots

Tell me what value he's contributing to humanity?
He's a soul reaper ba?
Smh... I have nothing to say
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Alajiki(m): 8:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
kickhard:
When the catholic church and other earlier churches were preaching moderate lifestyle irrespective of your financial and intellectual status, as one of the signs of humility (including an oath to poverty for their priests, which was the hallmark of the early christian teachings: many of the missionaries that brought christianity to africa died poor materially but rich in evangelical feats), the 'passion driven' today's preachers insisted the opposite was the way. Excessive show of material wealth took over the evangelical space and gave rise to the 'anti-christian FRC law.

THE DANGER AHEAD

Because of the wrong application of freely-given spiritual gifts by the ignorant 'know-it-all christians', Ecclesiastical Authority has now been technically surrendered to secular government comprising majorly atheists and islamic religion followers. If this trend is allowed to stay, where spiritual gifts are regulated by secular law, then the fate of christians in the next 10 years or more in Nigeria will be comparable to that of the early christians, which will drive many to islam as been speculated in many quarters. The implementation of the FRC law is not a redeem church problem as similar or worse controversy awaits other churches whenever it's time to change their leadership, it should rather be a source of concern to all true followers of christ that have the minutest form of vision. CHRISTIANS ARISE AND DEFEND YOUR FAITH, FOR THE SAKE OF THE NEXT GENERATION

Abi iru kantan-kantan wo ni alagba yi nso? Why can't we speak straight for God's sake? This how it's done in saner climes. Even where Christianity originated from. Why do you think Matthew Ashimolowo ran away from UK? What have the Muslims got to do with this? I am ashamed of you guys.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Olukolade1: 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2017
Too much sense dey worry this lawyer.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by realmindz: 8:44pm On Jan 09, 2017
walcut:

Smh... I have nothing to say

People are working hard daily. The gullible ones come to donate part of their hard earned income and people like ur father calling themselves pastors sit doing nothing saying others are chasing vanity...

But they sit amd enjoy the tithes and gifts from these men chasing vanity. it is these tithes they live on and use in looking good and raising their families and children to the best schools.

I hate pastors, nothing personal. They are the biggest scammers and hypocrites the world has ever known and shall ever know protected by religion and the very people they scam.

Tell this to your dad

2 Likes

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by hahn(m): 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
walcut:

I don't know of others but having seen the pay slip of a pastor in redeem, I know they pay tax.

Cool
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Agbanagba1(m): 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
Pastor Adeboye made the Redeemed church a big booming business that it is today... It will take a big fight to disentangle him from the leadership position of the church because the issue at hand is basically financial and not spiritual.

1 Like

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by realmindz: 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
Agbanagba1:
Pastor Adeboye made the Redeemed church a big booming business that it is today... It will take a big fight to disentangle him from the leadership position of the church because the issue at hand is basically financial and not spiritual.

well said, the battle is financial.

An empire he has spent his life building.

1 Like

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by ishayaauta(m): 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
hahn:
When will churches start paying taxes? undecided
when will all the mosques in Nigeria start 1. giving account of all their finances as churches are compelled to 2. Start paying taxes?...SMH!
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Agbanagba1(m): 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
realmindz:

well said, the battle is financial.

An empire he has spent his life building.
Adeboye has great political influence in this country, his endorsement alone can win you an election anyday. Laws can be bent in this country to accomodate him and, attempting to force him out of " an Empire he has spent his whole life building" will definitely be an immense battle.

1 Like

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by kunlegboye(m): 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
rhektor:

Church don't pay tax
Yes tell him!...The tithe that people pay in the church,Govt has deducted their tax from it.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Akolawole(m): 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
Montaque:
what i saw in RCCG yesterday made me to have a rethink over this resignation issue.
it seemed as if some members were angry with Daddy G.O for retiring, cos they want him as the G.O as long as he is alive and because he is the church personified. The law had to be quoted to calm them.

i thought of two situations:
1. there was a time last year when the feeling was that there is a leadership tussle in RCCG on who will take over Pastor Adeboye, which made him to say that its not yet his time and that those who are looking for his death should not be expectant. but the feeling remained. it seems the man of God now wants to retire while alive so as to maintain peace and tranquility among the rank and file of the leadership. the reliance on this law may be a strong reason which the members will not gainsay or fight against, the law may be the fall-guy here.

2. I also feel that the man of God may be have triggered a revolution. he has set the ball rolling for other pastors who will always be judged by his stance on this issue of retiring. RCCG has been pro-FG and they will do many things out of their way to progress the changes promised by Buhari. Just like when you support a law, and you volunteer to be a guinea pig for its implementation, to show others it doesnt hurt.

whatever happens, i respect the humility of The Man of God. it has been exceptional since i know him. this is just the latest example. Bill gate had to resign as microsoft CEO to focus on his work in his lab at home, which led to designing the windows 10. Pastors should make disciples and hand over.

Well laid out
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Akolawole(m): 9:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
Agbanagba1:

1) Pastor Adeboye made the Redeemed church a big booming business that it is today...

2) It will take a big fight to disentangle him from the leadership position of the church because the issue at hand is basically financial and not spiritual.

I am NOT a member of RCCG but we just have to be careful

1) God use this man mightily for years. This is Church is NOT a business and cannot be.

This man is highly educated and even without church CANNOT suffer for life.

2) The man is over 70. With or without that law, he should be preparing for his exit little by little, which i think thats what he is DOING.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
hahn:
When will churches start paying taxes? undecided
Me too I don ask taya o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Agbanagba1(m): 10:03pm On Jan 09, 2017
Akolawole:

I am NOT a member of RCCG but we just have to be careful

1) God use this man mightily for years. This is Church is NOT a business and cannot be.

This man is highly educated and even without church CANNOT suffer for life.

2) The man is over 70. With or without that law, he should be preparing for his exit little by little, which i think thats what he is DOING.
Every church is a big business or aspiring to become one- Remove tithe and offerings from the church and tell me how many people will willingly become a pastor.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by freshdude99(m): 12:44am On Jan 10, 2017
dammytosh:

Which Government ?

Is the Adegoruwa guy not a Redeem Pastor ?

Was the law not signed by Jonathan ?

Were they not all in support of Jonathan's clueless leadership and was he drunk when he signed ?
Are you crazy or drunk as well?
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Abillsable: 1:59am On Jan 10, 2017
freshboi88:
A man says he is handing over and yet says he is d G.O of the world, pls is Nigeria not part of the world, when he was d G. O did he have a G.O of the world, when he was d G. O of Nigeria??, how can u say u have handed over and yet still claim to be spiritual father......

If u r truly sincere u want to hand over y not hand over completely and let the new man take over completely, all I see is insincerity from d part of Adeboye.

Y is he blaming Buhari as if the law was passed yesterday and signed by Buhari yesterday, y is he deceiving his congregation to make Buhari and Osinbajo look like the enemies here??, what does he mean by FG stop meddling in church affairs??.... So is the church only allowed to meddle in politics and govt affair and not the other way round also??.....

Adeboye resign sincerely and dnt seat tight like Yahya Jammeh of Gambia

The RCCG is not Nigeria.It is not a political entity.It is the church of the living christ.It is spiritual in essense but operates in a physical world without forgetting its spirituality.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by drwebs: 3:40am On Jan 10, 2017
all these issues about retirement of men of God is wrong

we are christians, in our lineage, we dont retire.

our men of God are not elected by politicians, they are called by God and given a vision and mandate by God.
God is the one to also retire them, not the Government.

History of the church is in the Bible for us to learn from.
God called Abraham and did not retire him until he was done with him, same with Isaac, down to Moses, Joshua, etc.
God saw that he was done with Moses and advised him to anoint Joshua to take over.

Truth be told,
the government is seriously carrying out its planned Islamic agenda of Islamizing Nigeria.
If they succed with this, they will promote politics in the church and influence who leads the various churches to achieve their aim.

Its not the first time, its happened in the US and thats why christianity is on the decline over there. Nigeria is about to experience that if this government get through with it.

The end is really near, those who are spiritually sound knows, its closer than you think.
Islam may think they are gaining over the world but in reality, they are fulfilling scriptures. its all a sign of the end time.

Prophesis about the last move of the Holy Spirit which was going to come from Africa was given years ago, its happened and that era is about phasing out.

He who has an ear, let him hear.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Caseless: 4:03am On Jan 10, 2017
I don't even know why I want that man to stay on till death.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by freshboi88: 5:15am On Jan 10, 2017
Abillsable:

The RCCG is not Nigeria.It is not a political entity.It is the church of the living christ.It is spiritual in essense but operates in a physical world without forgetting its spirituality.

I agree..... But tht doesn't mean tins shouldn't be done right
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Mujtahida: 7:03am On Jan 10, 2017
realmindz:

People are working hard daily. The gullible ones come to donate part of their hard earned income and people like ur father calling themselves pastors sit doing nothing saying others are chasing vanity...

But they sit amd enjoy the tithes and gifts from these men chasing vanity. it is these tithes they live on and use in looking good and raising their families and children to the best schools.

I hate pastors, nothing personal. They are the biggest scammers and hypocrites the world has ever known and shall ever know protected by religion and the very people they scam.

Tell this to your dad
I hate the whole idea of pastors or any other kind of intermediary acting on behalf of God. For godsakes everyone breathes for themselves, so why can't everyone know God directly themselves. It's all a huge scam.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by XX01(f): 7:08am On Jan 10, 2017
proeast:
So when is Father Mbaka stepping down

Is he the pope? Is he the leader of the catholic church in Nigeria? Do you understand the reality of why it had to be done or you are looking at spiritual leaders et al?
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Joyrise: 9:42am On Jan 10, 2017
Dee60:
Senseless Talk.

Now I know that being able to make noise does not mean that you are intelligent!

Ask people who were at the meeting - The man never said he was retiring. He only said that an overseer was being appointed for Nigeria, while he will continue his role looking after the churches in all 192 countries where RCCG has churches.

Some people jumped to the press without hearing the man out and the church swiftly corrected the mis-information spread by those people.

It is silliy to compare this to Gambia.

Pastor Obayemi has assumed his new role as Overseer for Nigeria (as announced) and Pastor Adeboye continues with his leadership of the church globally (as announced).

Stop the bullying. Stop mis-informing people.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Joyrise: 9:56am On Jan 10, 2017
[quote author=Joyrise post=52683944][/quote]I am ashame of this self-acclaimed Redeemed pastor called Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa.

I thought you claim to be a lawyer. Why can't you read the first publication very well. The church said Baba is handing over the affairs of the church in Nigeria to someone else based on the law cited.

Did he tell you his no more the G.O? I believe Ebun-Adegboruwa is one of those activist pastors fighting Baba in the hidden.

There are other coordinators in other countries so what is special if Baba decides to do same for Nigeria based on this law. Baba waited for the court ruling after which he decided to obey the outcome as FRCN made it effective from October 2016.

Instead of you as an acclaimed pastor-lawyer to seek for clarification from the leaders of the church you claim you attend, you prefer to send a write-up to News house. It will be an unpleasant surprise to you & your colleagues because late Baba Akindayomi did not hand over tiil he went to meet with the Lord.

We are comfortable with Obayemi as National Overseer, even Obayemi knows that the shoe is too big for him. Atari ajanaku, kii seru omode

Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, be warned!!!
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Rockyrascal(m): 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2017
tarboshi:
grin grin grin grin honestly, the pope needs to give buhari an Abacha hand shake.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Sacked Staff, Shut Down TV– Damina On Struggles After Members Stopped Tithing / Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo / We Paid Twice For ‘prayer City’ – MFM’s Dr. Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.