Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations (20295 Views)

Ozekhome Petitions Magu Over N450m Enugu PDP Campaign Funds / Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / AGF Malami Queries Magu, Begins Probe Into DSS Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by dre11(m): 5:39am On Jan 10, 2017
•I’m innocent, says acting chair

United States Ambassador to Nigeria W. Stuart Symington and his key staff have met Acting Economic and Financial Crimes Commission( EFCC) Chairman Ibrahim Magu on the allegations levelled against him by the Department of State Services (DSS). The meeting was held on Friday, a source told The Nation.

Magu was said to have told the team that he was innocent of all the allegations raised by the security agency, which aborted his confirmation as EFCC Chairman by the Senate.

It was an informal session, the source said.
It was learnt that the session was part of the Embassy’s interest in the nation’s anti-corruption campaign.

It was gathered that the interaction might assist the US team to have a broader appraisal of the controversy on Magu’s nomination, which was not considered by the Upper Chamber.

The source said: “The US Embassy took on Magu on every issue in the DSS report to ascertain whether or not he committed the infractions levelled against him.

“The team wanted to know if Magu had indeed failed the integrity test which made the United States to support him.

“The Acting EFCC chairman responded to every issue without betraying his emotion. At the end, Magu said he was innocent of all the allegations against him.

“He said he has also responded to the query given to him by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN),” the source said, pleading not to be named because he is not allowed to talk to the media on the issue.

Responding to a question, the source said: “The U.S. Embassy team was satisfied with Magu’s response. The Ambassador and others later took a photograph with him.”

“With this session, we are hopeful that the US support for the anti-corruption campaign of President Muhammadu Buhari will be more enhanced,” the source added.

Following the persistent intrigues over Magu’s fate, some donor agencies, anti-graft war partners and foreign missions have been anxious about the future of the battle.

Most of them were said to be sympathetic to the retention of Magu whom they have rated high.
The DSS alleged that Magu’s accommodation in Abuja was paid for by a “corrupt businessman” and that he flew first class to Saudi Arabia for lesser hajj, contrary to federal government’s directive to its officials not to travel in the elite cabin.

Magu was also accused of being illegally in possession of confidential EFCC documents when he was a director in 2007.

He was queried by Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) Abubakar Malami who was nominated by President Muhammadu Buhari to investigate the allegations.

http://thenationonlineng.net/u-s-embassy-team-takes-magu-dss-allegations/

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by izzou(m): 5:40am On Jan 10, 2017
So, United States Ambassador has left his ministry and has started meddling with our issues?

Nigeria is finished already. Can another country do same over there? So EFCC and DSS no reach to investigate again?

I just don't want to join the IDGAF crew, if not. ......

46 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by bigboss80s(m): 6:11am On Jan 10, 2017
If Magu is guilty of anything, it would be overzealousness and high-handedness. But corruption? I don't think so. Something tells me Abba Kyari has a hand in his travails. The chief of staff who is also a member of the board of NNPC and whose company Sahara Rnergy has been indicted for corruption by the EFCC but still got an oil lifting contract.

18 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by GMBuhari: 6:34am On Jan 10, 2017
Chai

This is a long thing

If Magu don chop make he vomit am
Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by Atiku2019: 6:36am On Jan 10, 2017
Watching.............
Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by TeleboiZ005(m): 6:38am On Jan 10, 2017
J
Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by baybeeboi: 6:38am On Jan 10, 2017
See how Nigeria sells itself cheaply.

United States Embassy Questioning Magu, on what grounds?

Nigeria failing by the day.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by Flyingngel(m): 6:50am On Jan 10, 2017
USA? THEN SOMETHING DEFINITELY IS WRONG WITH NIGERIA. I GIVE UP.

15 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by Moreoffaith(m): 6:59am On Jan 10, 2017
Can you see ur life outside our senators?

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by RZArecta(m): 7:02am On Jan 10, 2017
This is ridiculous, we're in the era of "change". Magu should immediately step down from his position of acting EFCC chair to allow for proper investigations and if necessary, prosecution. The allegations were not made in a beer parlor but by a credible security agency like the DSS.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:25am On Jan 10, 2017
US should mind their F***ing Business undecided

7 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by AfonjasMustProsper(m): 7:42am On Jan 10, 2017

The U.S government is useless and brainless just like Buhari

They don't even have the power to arrest or interfere with any legal issue in another country

Great example is Tinubu who was a drug lord in Chicago, he's still a wanted person in the United States but he's in Nigeria living in a mansion, why can't they arrest him ??

Drunk people

9 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by George2016(m): 7:43am On Jan 10, 2017
Okay
Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by truthspeaks: 7:44am On Jan 10, 2017
Buhari is simply overrated n has no drop of any leadership capability. How will his inner security circle be in chaos n he z simply lookin @ dem.

Magu sef don chop yam like dis. He shld simply vomit it. No story

7 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by dunkem21(m): 7:44am On Jan 10, 2017
Trump wants to extend his oversight functions to Nigeria cheesy

A new Sherrif has come tongue

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by BUSHHUNTER: 7:44am On Jan 10, 2017
Ole!
Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by yinkslinks(m): 7:44am On Jan 10, 2017
And where is the photograh they took?
dre11:

•I’m innocent, says acting chair

http://thenationonlineng.net/u-s-embassy-team-takes-magu-dss-allegations/

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 10, 2017
I don't get,on what grounds does the US have the right to meddle?, this country sha

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by truthspeaks: 7:45am On Jan 10, 2017
Till Jan 20. Let's see hw much of a role Donald trump will allow dem
izzou:
So, United States Ambassador has left his ministry and has started meddling with our issues?

Nigeria is finished already. Can another country do same over there? So EFCC and DSS no reach to investigate again?

I just don't want to join the IDGAF crew, if not. ......
Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by AfonjasMustProsper(m): 7:46am On Jan 10, 2017
dunkem21:

What drugs are you on ??

Trump doesn't have the power to tell the poorest/smallest village in the USA what to do

How foolish are you to think that Trump can say or have the power to detect what will happen in far away Africa ??

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by ojlifa: 7:47am On Jan 10, 2017
the minister of foreign affairs must look into this rubbish,the giant of Africa been treated like a child.is the america embassy not aware of what is called sovereignty ?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 10, 2017
Imagine this! Another country summons you in your own country to appraise you for a position in your country and you went? I keep saying this Nigeria is a failed nation, I must add, also a slave nation. This is slavery in the 21st century. If you doubt me tell the Nigerian ambassador to the United States to summon Senator Jeff Sessions, Trump's nominee for A.G, let the ambassador find out if all the accusations leveled against Mr. Sessions is true. If and when that happens slap me to wake up!

-CramJones

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by dunkem21(m): 7:48am On Jan 10, 2017
2dugged:
I don't get,on what grounds does the US have the right to meddle?, this country sha

They have been doing that since ..

They trended BBOG ..

They offered the slogan "Change" ..

They refused to sell weapons to us to fight terrorsim cool

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by MarshRiley(m): 7:48am On Jan 10, 2017
We need to expel all USA personel for meddling in our anti-corruption war,starting from the ambassador and any other person who had a hand in this,isnt that what they did to Russia?

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by focus7: 7:50am On Jan 10, 2017
US should free Magu and face their porous security system that enables enemies attack them every time, that makes Russia to hack their cyber and meddle with their election.

US is full of hypocrisy, they will look away from the grievous things happening in their country and be masturbating over the lesser things happening in another country claiming super hero.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by collitexnaira(m): 7:50am On Jan 10, 2017
baybeeboi:
See how Nigeria sells itself cheaply.
United States Embassy Questioning Magu, on what grounds?
Nigeria failing by the day.
Just negodu, US meddling in our corruption case

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by link2ok(m): 7:50am On Jan 10, 2017
Let's take for example that they are allowed to encroach in2 this matter but there response is quite disappointing. You went to to ask a criminal if he is a criminal and he said No and you were impressed with his response and later took pictures with him, this is the dumbest tin I have ever heard from anytin relating to the US. I must say am most disappointed at Obama and I thank God it's a matter of days and he would b gone with his hypocrisy and pretence.

When Judges where accused of corruption and the homes where broken down like mere criminals they where asked to step down, now no 1 is asking Magu to step down, neither would they search his office or home.

Buhari would break history as the worst president in Africa. God would punish him now and after for deceiving 15 million fools.

God bless Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by fabre4: 7:51am On Jan 10, 2017
dunkem21:

shut up trump is not yet president
Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by ruffcoin99(m): 7:53am On Jan 10, 2017
Guy afonja increase their rent for your side? grin
AfonjasMustDie:

The U.S government is useless and brainless just like Buhari

They don't even have the power to arrest or interfere with any legal issue in another country

Great example is Tinubu who was a drug lord in Chicago, he's still a wanted person in the United States but he's in Nigeria living in a mansion, why can't they arrest him ??

Drunk people

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 10, 2017
dunkem21:

They have been doing that since ..

They trended BBOG ..

They offered the slogan "Change" ..

They refused to sell weapons to us to fight terrorsim cool
this is called "colonialism by proxy", stupid US who can't clean their catarrh from their nose against Russia forming super hero, I don't blame them say,I blame our leaders both past and present for making this country like this, them say na mud house wey fall na im make goat fit climb the roof

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan: African Leaders Plotting Political Coups To Remain In Power / Cecilia Nwayiaka Ujubuonu Is Dead! Oby Ezekwesili's Mum Dies Of Cancer At 78 / 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Will Speak In January - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.