Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today (43916 Views)

BSS: Biafra Secret Service, Salaries, Oath - Inside Nnamdi Kanu’s ‘Secret Army’ / Nnamdi Kanu In Secret Trial Courtroom As Binta Nyako Storms Out (Photos) / International Observers To Monitor Nnamdi Kanu's Trial Today - IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by GreatNegro(m): 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2017
The secret trial of the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu and three others has begun at the Federal High Court, Abuja.

Kanu, Chidiebere Onwudiwe, Benjamin Madubugwu and David Nwawuisi, who are on trial for treasonable felony and terrorism were shielded from the public in the courtroom.

Justice Binta Nyako had on Dec. 13, 2016, ruled that the identity of witnesses in the matter would be protected but at Tuesday’s sitting, the judge and parties were all shielded from public view. Nnamdi Kanu leaving the court today There was also a heavy presence of security personnel within and around the court premises.

This made it difficult for people, including journalists and relatives of the defendants to enter the court. The defence team, however, insisted that each of the defendants was entitled to have four relatives in court during proceedings.

This led to a short adjournment to enable security operatives allow the defendants’ relatives into the courtroom. On resumption of proceedings, the defence counsel informed the court of its pending applications seeking to quash the charges against the four defendants. Counsel to Kanu, Mr Ifeanyi Ejiofor, also informed the court of another application challenging the competence of the charge against the defendants. Ejiofor told the court that the proof of evidence did not support the charges against his client to warrant his continual detention.

“The charge does not warrant his detention because there is no case against him,” he said. Ejiofor also told the court that the Department of State Services (DSS) were frustrating the efforts of counsel in gaining access to the defendants.

He also alleged that relatives of the defendants were being continuously harassed and arrested each time they visited them in prison.

“They (DSS) are clamping down on the innocent citizens. If anything should happen to me or my family, the DSS should be held responsible,” Ejiofor said. Nyako cautioned operatives of the DSS against sensationalising the case, saying that there was nothing special about the four defendants.

According to her, this is a simple criminal case so I do not understand all the “gra-gra” around it which I see from my CCT camera. She also said that the defendants should be unhand-cuffed as soon as they arrived the court premises as the defence team had complained that they were brought into court in handcuffs. “State operatives should threat the case like any other case.

You cannot break the constitution and still expect to be guided by the constitution,” Nyako said. She asked the defence team to file a formal complaint of all the allegations they made and serve the court. The judge also asked them to quickly serve the court copies of their applications to allow expeditious hearing. She said that ruling on the applications would determine whether the case would be terminated or continued. Nyako adjourned the matter till Jan. 12 to hear the application challenging the competence of the charge as well as that seeking to quash the case.

www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/secret-trial-nnamdi-kanu-begins/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by Businessideas: 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
So where did some bloggers get the news of the judge storming out?
The judge just said "this is a simple criminal case".

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by unikprince(m): 5:18pm On Jan 10, 2017
Agumba

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 10, 2017
Buhary is a very nice man, he left Kanu in Abuja.

When Abacha arrested Obasanjo back then for treason, he sent him to a prison in Yola. In a month, OBJ was forgotten by even his family. Going to see him was a long-term project. You gotta plan, save and strategize.

Do this one to Kanu and in 3 weeks, you'll only be hearing of him in BBC Hausa.

By the way, my pipo, how January 14th go be na?

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by StoneLucifer: 5:18pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ok na..
Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by jerryunit48: 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
They should free this man

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by emmanuel596(m): 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
You cannot break the constitution and still expect to be guided by the constitution,” Nyako said

Bifrans hope you saw this...your terrorist wants to be guided by the law that governs the same place he called a zoo....I pity all of una...una go suffer for this fulani man hand (president Buhari)

#modified for all those quoting and misunderstanding my comments I just wanted to make a point and I have done that and am cool about it...I really don't give a TINY Fuc.k about ye all...your comprehensive knowledge won't save nnamdi kanu

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by Robinhood477: 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
my hero

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by sammyj: 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
Mr Dilector wants fair hearing from the zoo. Ki ki ki ki ki !!! When the zoo is done with him he will know Kaki no be leader !!! grin shocked grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by Evenbloggers: 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by beneviv(f): 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
Booked
Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by Yorubaangel(m): 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
'you can not break the constitution and be expected to be guided by the constitution - Nyako'
if this statement is true then, the judge is making mockery of Nigeria judiciary...

115 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by massinola(m): 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
K
Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by adesammy1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
You talk rubbish about Nigeria, come return to Nigeria thinking you won't be arrested? Well-done sir

11 Likes

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by Robinhood477: 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
u will over come them IJN

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
like i once said,

buhari is giving diz man cheap popularity

Make he no make diz man another mandela oo

becuz na so e been start like play like play

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by massinola(m): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
Etere ugba etere ose, eziokwu ga aputariri ihe makana ikpe mara eziokwu, aka-azu di ya. Pinye aka na like ma ihota ihe m kwuru

189 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
Robinhood477:
u will over come them IJN

So Jesus asked him to become a Terrorist? If I were Buhari, I would have him released in the middle of the night & shot dead just like Muhammed Yusuf - The founder of Boko Haram, and guess what? Nothing will happen!

It's just that Buhari is a cow who lacks ruthless clarity to sanitize this Country from corruption & parasitic elements parading themselves as freedom fighters.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by Jchi9876: 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
He will die with his bald head in. Kuje

7 Likes

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by agabusta: 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
Simple and straight to the point report. Bloggers and unnecessary sensationalism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
Moderators this is Nnamdi Kanu thread so I guess here is the best place to post this....

My advice to everybody supporting this Kanu is as simple as ABC if your'e deceived that Kanu is the man for you... Just spare some few minutes to see this video I did you will know the raw truth.

Let him die in jail this video below have exposed him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHZVm_a4Wk8

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by Okeikpu(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by Jchi9876: 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
jerryunit48:
They should free this man

Go free am na

3 Likes

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by dotcomnamename: 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by Vidamia(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
Why didn't ipod fight for biafra during gej tenure

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by EKITI001: 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
good
Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by Moreoffaith(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
Let everyone bear his or her fathers name pls..

2 Likes

Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by TeleboiZ005(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
J
Re: Details Of Nnamdi Kanu's Secret Trial Today by refiner(f): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
May God keep strengthening him...

28 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Red Line Drawn Against South Africa - Onyeama, Foreign Affairs Minister / Oshiomhole Laughs As Obaseki Fights Again / Yusuf Buhari’s Turbaned In Daura, Becomes District Head Of Kwasarawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.