Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,868 members, 7,855,559 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 04:14 AM

FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge (18228 Views)

Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest / FG Awards Oil Block License To Ondo For Bitumen Exploration / Buhari Orders Return Of Egbesu Sword For Niger-Delta Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Bmcc(m): 1:57pm On Jan 11, 2017
vicknoel:
Na wao, had Jonathan continued beyond 2015, he would have really dealt with this country. check out the cost of the same bridge under Jonathan's PDP. Mind you, things were very cheap at that time.

http://www.informationng.com/2014/02/second-niger-bridge-to-gulp-n117-billion-fg.html

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/19375-we-have-spent-n10-billion-on-second-niger-bridge-jonathan

https://www.naij.com/346739-2nd-niger-bridge-costs-4-times-more-than-supposed-to-be.html

Thanks for this. i will advice my eastern brothers to look at how to benefit from this govt and stop the hate song that has no rhythm.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2017
That is how they start, completion is normally the issue.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Emycord: 2:27pm On Jan 11, 2017
Since 1970 abi ok just watch as the kano bridge will soon be completed commissioned before i finish reading typing and posting on this thread. And afterwards a certain man will ask in a media chat what do the igbo want? Ok simple answer they want thier republic
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Emycord: 2:30pm On Jan 11, 2017
But last week they said work has started but now its earmarked and awarded ok
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by DisGuy: 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
Benjom:

I actually logged-out to ascertain the veracity of your claim... Shockingly, the posts were still there. You're right, they were only hidden from me. Henceforth, I have nothing to report again. I've activated my "Silence is golden" mode grin

doing nothing is not good enough. atleast use the other option above: cc the mod

most reported posts eventually gets removed.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by DisGuy: 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2017
Emycord:
But last week they said work has started but now hits earmarked and awarded ok

This is the old niger bridge! not the new one under ppp
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Emycord: 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2017
DisGuy:

This is the old niger bridge! not the new one under ppp
but i was right under the said old one i no see any work. Meanwhile how can they start work on the old once while it stated in this thread that the old one is beyond maintenance. Guy dont try to confuse me they said work has commenced on 2niger bridge.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Lordave: 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2017
DirtyGold:
The never ending bridge that costs only N14billion to construct.... for this long, I'm very disappointed in the Nigerian state !

Meanwhile, listen to this noise maker
[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

What's tha business?
Abeg na which film be this?
thIS Ibu GIF
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by DisGuy: 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2017
Emycord:
but i was right under the said old one i no see any work. Meanwhile how can they start work on the old once while it stated in this thread that the old one is beyond maintenance. Guy dont try to confuse me they said work has commenced on 2niger bridge.

no vex bros. me sef don confuse for FG so so contract no deadline no details . even our so called journalist esp tv dont follow up, they just swallow any press release
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by adimsmt: 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
auntysimbiat:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-Ksqq7g0M4nQ/WHVdzL7OxlI/AAAAAAAAXgE/Ug1BXDo0UGsEImu_HPe2tMjFoI-mTuqEQCLcB/s640/Work-going-on-second-Niger-bridge.jpg[/img]

The Federal Government has awarded contract for early works on the Second Niger Bridge and emergency repairs at the Tamburawa Bridge in Kano State at a total cost of N16.3 billion...

Mr Mohammed Abdullahi, the Assistant Director of Information in the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, made this known in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja.

He stated that contract for the second Niger Bridge was awarded to Messrs Julius Berger (Nig.) Ltd. at a total cost of N14.4 billion.

Abdullahi noted that contract for emergency repairs at the Tamburawa bridge in Dawakin Kudu Local Government Area of Kano State was awarded to Messrs. Borini Prono & Co. (Nig.) Ltd. at a total cost of N1.9 billion.

He said that the existing Niger Bridge, inaugurated on Jan. 4, 1966 had severely been overstressed, adding that its continued serviceability could not be assured.

According to him, the idea of a Second Niger Bridge started way back in the late 1970s but its realisation is delayed by several challenges.

He added that the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari was resolute to the completion of the projects.
Abdullahi said the scope of work for the emergency repairs of Tamburawa Bridge would involve the use of rock-filled gabion protection with reno mattresses, fitters and embankment protection to the abutments.

He said the intervention followed what he called public outcry and concern earlier expressed by Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State over the exposure of substructures of the bridge.

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/01/fg-awards-contract-for-niger-bridge.html

Please change it to FG RESTART the construction of the second Niger bridge, because work was ongoing by Julius Berger when Buhari stopped work. So i don't know how he awarded a contract to the same company that already working on the same project.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by adimsmt: 4:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
auntysimbiat:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-Ksqq7g0M4nQ/WHVdzL7OxlI/AAAAAAAAXgE/Ug1BXDo0UGsEImu_HPe2tMjFoI-mTuqEQCLcB/s640/Work-going-on-second-Niger-bridge.jpg[/img]

The Federal Government has awarded contract for early works on the Second Niger Bridge and emergency repairs at the Tamburawa Bridge in Kano State at a total cost of N16.3 billion...

Mr Mohammed Abdullahi, the Assistant Director of Information in the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, made this known in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja.

He stated that contract for the second Niger Bridge was awarded to Messrs Julius Berger (Nig.) Ltd. at a total cost of N14.4 billion.

Abdullahi noted that contract for emergency repairs at the Tamburawa bridge in Dawakin Kudu Local Government Area of Kano State was awarded to Messrs. Borini Prono & Co. (Nig.) Ltd. at a total cost of N1.9 billion.

He said that the existing Niger Bridge, inaugurated on Jan. 4, 1966 had severely been overstressed, adding that its continued serviceability could not be assured.

According to him, the idea of a Second Niger Bridge started way back in the late 1970s but its realisation is delayed by several challenges.

He added that the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari was resolute to the completion of the projects.
Abdullahi said the scope of work for the emergency repairs of Tamburawa Bridge would involve the use of rock-filled gabion protection with reno mattresses, fitters and embankment protection to the abutments.

He said the intervention followed what he called public outcry and concern earlier expressed by Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State over the exposure of substructures of the bridge.

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/01/fg-awards-contract-for-niger-bridge.html

Please change it to FG RESTART the construction of the second Niger bridge, because work was ongoing by Julius Berger when Buhari stopped work. So i don't know how he awarded a contract to the same company that already working on the same project.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by stanleeodor(m): 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2017
Am watching.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Lapaix33(m): 11:05am On Jan 12, 2017
The University of Abidjan (UNIABIDJAN) is a globally oriented University which offers Bsc, MSc and MBA programs in both English and French Languages.
APPLY NOWW....!!!!!!!!!!!
(+225) 79600002/77700312/21001122
Whatsappsad+225) 79600002
Abidjan,cocody attoban near pharmacie saint bernard.
https://www.facebook.com/theuniabidjan/?fref=ts
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by hakanai(m): 11:14am On Jan 12, 2017
wtfCode:
My God...that pic is very old as yaraduas regime.
Why would they post pics while nothing is happening @ river niger undecided
This is unfair oo

Did you actually read the post? They said award to JB as it had being abandoned over the years. No one said work was on going or a picture of work done.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DHQ: 603 Repentant Boko Haram Fighters To Be Reintegrated Into Communities / Fayose: Umahi Left PDP Long Ago / Youth Group Begs Tinubu To Appoint Chetachi Nwoga Ecton As Humanitarian Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.