Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (212201 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 10, 2017
Lol see ice block everywhere, it must be terrible to live abroad during winter.

Nice thread, enjoy your trip

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:35pm On Feb 11, 2017
NYC... another cold morning...after all... it's Winter! ... how cold?... water is not allowed to drip and fall!... Canadian based peeps be smiling... saying this is nothing!

5 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:13pm On Feb 11, 2017
NYC... falling snow storm is kinda acrobatic.... can pile up on anything!...on fire hydrant..bicycle!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by ShokiScientist: 4:21pm On Feb 11, 2017
Nice thread smiley
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2017
had honey barbeque chicken wings at BBQ
with pina coladas to wash it down.
and that's how we do what we do.

20 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:50pm On Feb 12, 2017
NYC...Sunday morning ..church?...no excuses!

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
......and more!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
Pidgin2:
Lol see ice block everywhere, it must be terrible to live abroad during winter.

Nice thread, enjoy your trip

let me put the temperature in perspective,
lagos right now is 91°F, i recently visited casablanca, an african city and the temperature felt like a typical air condition in Nigeria(set to max). that is 62°F.
new york city right now is 33°F.

for your info, water freezes at 32°F
so, some of the snow we had 3 days ago still lies on the streets.

6 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:13pm On Feb 12, 2017
NYC...Supermarket !.... not much foodstuff...ice cream...ice cream bars... sausages... kinda expensive...the one made from prime cut meat.... the ones made from cow nose and butt and gums penis and ears and other non saleable parts of the cow mixed in with sea weeds and other stuff ... those kind are very cheap! ...choices galore!...one man's meat is another man's poison!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:36pm On Feb 12, 2017
sledjama:
had honey barbeque chicken wings at BBQ
with pina coladas to wash it down.
and that's how we do what we do.
hmmm....hope you have good stomach to grip that kind food combination .... is that tissue for the hand and mouth? ... or ehmmm.... they provide you with toilet tissue?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by electronic(m): 4:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
Owa ooo! Na here Danfo thief color naaaa..
Yes this is the place... grin
omo NY to set....
More pica to your elbow... cool
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 3:57am On Feb 13, 2017
Originalsly:
hmmm....hope you have good stomach to grip that kind food combination .... is that tissue for the hand and mouth? ... or ehmmm.... they provide you with toilet tissue?

Really You should try it bro.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:10pm On Feb 13, 2017
NYC....household garbage disposal... rules upon rules... a what kind d garbage in clear plastic bags...what kind in blue and what kind in black/white.... even mattresses must be in plastic...or... fines fines fines!... what days to put them on the sidewalk... and between which hours!... these people know how to generate revenue!

19 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:29pm On Feb 14, 2017
NYC.....Motel... pass here often. ... Christmas lights and decorations still up!.... and guess not coming down in a hurry with present cold and icy weather!

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2017
NYC....revisited..... sidewalk...ice cold.... still sitting and begging at subway entrance!

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC....revisited..... sidewalk...ice cold.... still sitting and begging at subway entrance!
Bros tell me the Cost of this trip let me start planning towards it na!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by skitkid2(m): 8:48pm On Feb 14, 2017
Op your way of writing is really unique, keep it coming

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
NYC....coldddd..... when the landlord can't provide tenants with the required heat before a deadline given by the City..... the City contracts a mobile heating company which provides the heat. In addition to the cost of this service... the landlord also has to pay the daily fines.If in the end he can't. ... then he can say goodbye to his building!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
NYC....looking across Harlem River to the Bronx from Manhattan..... world famous Yankee Stadium with high rise buildings in the background.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:28am On Feb 15, 2017
NYC....125th Street..Harlem business center.....world famous Apollo Theater.

8 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by electronic(m): 5:11am On Feb 15, 2017
Just Hawesome....

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2017
Coincidentally, was at the Apollo center yesterday night, Olive garden to be precise, just right where you stood to take this picture

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
after getting some fries at McDonalds on 161 this morning,
decided to give you the front view of the Yankee stadium

good work bro.

15 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2017
Osahon7:
Bros tell me the Cost of this trip let me start planning towards it na!
Cost?...no idea!... guest..ehmmm .... honourable guest to many friends...friends and relatives!...I can't afford this kind luxury!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2017
NYC..... Bend Down Select customers..... this is where it all begins! .... people drop their washed unwanted clothes/footwear in these bins ...they are all over the city and managed by private companies...it's big business. People here don't wear loathing too many times...must keep up with the trend... don't have space for storage.. nor anyone who would accept hand me downs... so they gladly dump them here... companies always say it's for some charity and poor people! They sell the best clothing in Thrift Shops here...ehmmm.... Stand Up Select since the clothing be on racks like in stores!..not so slightly used ones sent abroad...Grade A!..etc.... and the ones that are not good for sale are sold to paper companies ....rag content in paper... why some papers are stringer than others...why Bounty paper towel is better than Brawny... why when you wipe with certain toilet paper your fingers ehmmm... don't become sticky!
Drivers...note price of petrol.

19 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
NYC....enforcement. ..Police car with license plate reader.... two black boxes on the trunk.... automatically read license plates send alert via on board computer if the car/registered owner has any violations.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:27pm On Feb 15, 2017
sledjama:
after getting some fries at McDonalds on 161 this morning,
decided to give you the front view of the Yankee stadium

good work bro.
Ok... guess you're staying just off the Grand Concourse. ...getting over there on Sunday...my Bronx day!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 16, 2017
Originalsly:
Ok... guess you're staying just off the Grand Concourse. ...getting over there on Sunday...my Bronx day!
yea, right next to grand concourse, Sheridan ave to be precise.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
Originalsly@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
NYC.... very popular with food delivery guys.... electric bicycles!.... fast but silent...too silent! See battery pack?....and chain lock?

11 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by gnykelly(m): 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC....coldddd..... when the landlord can't provide tenants with the required heat before a deadline given by the City..... the City contracts a mobile heating company which provides the heat. In addition to the cost of this service... the landlord also has to pay the daily fines.If in the end he can't. ... then he can say goodbye to his building!

sorry, I don't get you. you mean someone will lose his house for not paying promptly.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:26am On Feb 17, 2017
gnykelly:

sorry, I don't get you. you mean someone will lose his house for not paying promptly.
Not promptly..... let's say your debt has risen to $1M....the city moves to court for you to pay up or seize your property... the court then gives a deadline... you either pay up or lose the property. The city has lots of property this way.... some they sell. ..with strings attached... and others they renovate to provide housing for low income residents.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.