Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (212265 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Malayy(m): 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2017
sledjama:

let me put the temperature in perspective,
lagos right now is 91°F, i recently visited casablanca, an african city and the temperature felt like a typical air condition in Nigeria(set to max). that is 62°F.
new york city right now is 33°F.

for your info, water freezes at 32°F
so, some of the snow we had 3 days ago still lies on the streets.
bro most of us don't understand °F. use °C instead..

16 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Malayy(m): 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC....revisited..... sidewalk...ice cold.... still sitting and begging at subway entrance!
bro look at that white lady beggar.
you dropped some coins for her? though I don't give beggars here money, due to some superstitious tales about them..
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
Malayy:
bro look at that white lady beggar.
you dropped some coins for her? though I don't give beggars here money, due to some superstitious tales about them..
Dropped nothing!.....she's out there everyday.... tall and fit... like army type... walks well... no limp nothing...I'm not even sure if I can run faster than she! Never seen anyone help her either... she has to be more creative to get coins dropping her way.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Malayy(m): 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2017
Originalsly:
Dropped nothing!.....she's out there everyday.... tall and fit... like army type... walks well... no limp nothing...I'm not even sure if I can run faster than she! Never seen anyone help her either... she has to be more creative to get coins dropping her way.
hahah. she might be begging for cash to support a habit. druggie, crakhead
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
NYC...looking into midtown Manhattan from the east side....orange building under construction.... will be revisiting to see how high it goes. Bottom pic... follow up on another high rise.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:27am On Feb 19, 2017
NYC...Brooklyn....Barclay s Center..... indoor stadium... home of Nets Basketball...big white part is a flat-screen that shows ads and at times the game being played indoors.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 4:06am On Feb 20, 2017
@Originalsly, Guess you got my mail late, sorry about that.
Will be heading to Virginia on Tuesday.

here is the view of that construction from the Brooklyn bridge.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 20, 2017
the Brooklyn bridge is a marvel, you see that tiny thing sticking out on that far away island?
yea, thats the statue of liberty right on liberty island.
ferry cost roughly $20 to see the lady

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 4:19am On Feb 20, 2017
Wall street, where the money is.

12 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 4:29am On Feb 20, 2017
That huge white arcade-like structure is the Oculus, the new world trade center,
called One world trade center or Freedom tower, 6th tallest building in the world.

costs $37 to go inside world trade center, see the queue in the last image, they are about to go up

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 4:33am On Feb 20, 2017
Since i am not ready to cough out $37, i took free pictures,

second picture is the 2 other WTC under construction.
Yes, now there will be 3.

6 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 4:51am On Feb 20, 2017
For ppl who may someday find themselves in NY for the first time, This is New York subway, The trains are numbered, ABCDE...1234... etc
The trains have one of these numbers, which tells the destination. uptown or downtown depends on where you are headed.

The second picture is where you swipe your MetroCard, You have to get the card before you cross that line
there is always a vending machine right there where you buy the metrocard, Jump that and NYPD will arrest you.

3rd picture is in the train, check that so you dont pass your destination

7 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 5:03am On Feb 20, 2017
We got 400 naira worth of yam for $20 the other day, thats 10,000 naira

so, don't be shy to bring your yams with you to the united states.

11 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:34am On Feb 20, 2017
sledjama:
@Originalsly, Guess you got my mail late, sorry about that.
Will be heading to Virginia on Tuesday.

here is the view of that construction from the Brooklyn bridge.
k...holla if and when you're back. Nice shot!... guess from the pedestrian footpath!.. walking that bridge is like a marathon to me!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
NYC.... looking across the Hudson River from Manhattan. ....New Jersey....mainland USA

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:35am On Feb 22, 2017
NYC...for the car guys. #2/3... enforcement.... Police car unmarked from front/back... looks like an ordinary car when behind or infront... has normal number plates etc...note police lights are not on top like others but hidden inside behind the windshield sunscreen.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Solitin40: 6:41am On Feb 22, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC...for the car guys. #2/3... enforcement.... Police car unmarked from front/back... looks like an ordinary car when behind or infront... has normal number plates etc...note police lights are not on top like others but hidden inside behind the windshield sunscreen.
The Taxi is 2016 Toyota Camry mehn Luxury life in Nigeria is ordinary lifestyle in Developed countries

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 22, 2017
infrastructure wise, Nigeria is zero.
visit time square at night and your phone camera won't be able to hold the awesomeness.

the illusion is breathtaking

25 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
the pix up is central park, costs $19 on weekends and $12 on weekdays

here is new York view

10 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:50am On Feb 25, 2017
NYC... Some of these dull looking buildings...Apartment buildings... what do they really look like on the inside? Popular entry into building...dial up..code to dial..linked to occupant's smartphone... can open door even if in another State/Key keeper...little gray box next to keypad... a key is in there but has a code to open to get key.. Lobby.... mailboxes... one for each apartment. ..mailman delivers your mail into your box..passport, green card, birth certificate age, car license plates.. but mainly your bills!

12 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
NYC...Brooklyn...gamblers..... enter to win!

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
NYC...Brooklyn...Marine Park.... and you thought people don't live on water?...in luxury?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hmmm....can't beat the US when it comes to packaging and added value. Yep!... how to stretch the value of one ordinary pineapple!

10 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:50pm On Mar 02, 2017
Revisited. ..high rise on the rise

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:59pm On Mar 02, 2017
NYC.... the edge of the "concrete jungle"

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2017
NYC..... where provision is made for the handicap to go about normal business. Note ramp at curb for them to easily get on and off the sidewalk.... park and block it... the fine is not normal!...all mass transit buses and some taxis are wheelchair accessible. .. gets on without coming out of wheelchair.

8 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC..... where provision is made for the handicap to go about normal business. Note ramp at curb for them to easily get on and off the sidewalk.... park and block it... the fine is not normal!...all mass transit buses and some taxis are wheelchair accessible. .. gets on without coming out of wheelchair.

lol @ the fine is not normal.

the spot where one of the old world trade center was, names of those who died.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by AntyLydia: 10:09pm On Mar 06, 2017
sledjama:
That huge white arcade-like structure is the Oculus, the new world trade center,
called One world trade center or Freedom tower, 6th tallest building in the world.

costs $37 to go inside world trade center, see the queue in the last image, they are about to go up

New York is amazingly beautiful, I can't wait to visit this place, plus I must enter this building.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:12pm On Mar 08, 2017
NYC...subway.... almost all the time.... trains run underground and almost all the other times...above ground..almost never at road level.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:01am On Mar 10, 2017
NYC...forget about tribe or nationality.... you from Africa.... .you are African period! Tribalist take note.

20 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:09am On Mar 10, 2017
NYC.....some rides...some smart... some not so smart! Peugeot?..... not in the US.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:11pm On Mar 13, 2017
NYC...brilliant sunshine..but veryyyy cold...in fact freezing. Bottle of water left in car overnight now bottle of ice.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.