Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,373 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. (2419 Views)

What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? / Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? / How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Mannylex(m): 8:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
Ok, so I created this topic in this section because am sure I would get mature and useful advice here.

I am currently 2. employed in the banking industry and dating a 2. year old lady. I plan on settling down 2 years from now, but I know there are things that needs to be in place before this happens.

My question here is what are the priorities and major necessities that one must have in place to actualize this. I have mine but I need neutral opinions. This thought was triggered after a discussion I had with my girlfriend.

Cc: Lalasticlala , Chaircover , RoyalRoy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
a dick grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by SalomonKane: 10:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
Mannylex:
Ok, so I created this topic in this section because am sure I would get mature and useful advice here.

I am currently 24, employed in the banking industry and dating a 20 year old lady. I plan on settling down 2 years from now, but I know there are things that needs to be in place before this happens.

My question here is what are the priorities and major necessities that one must have in place to actualize this. I have mine but I need neutral opinions. This thought was triggered after a discussion I had with my girlfriend.

Frankly, I'd tell you to focus more on building your life, your character and attitude and forget about marriage.

Marriage as you may see it is not for kids, and at 24, you're still young. The person you want to marry is 20. You guys are still too young.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Mannylex(m): 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
SalomonKane:
Frankly, I'd tell you to focus more on building your life, your character and attitude and forget about marriage.

Marriage as you may see it is not for kids, and at 24, you're still young. The person you want to marry is 20. You guys are still too young.

Thanks a lot Solomon, however I didn't say I wanted to get married now, I said 2 years from now. What am concerned about now are the priorities and stuffs I have to put in place (sort of a todo list).

Thanks once again.
Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by SalomonKane: 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2017
Mannylex:

Thanks a lot Solomon, however I didn't say I wanted to get married now, I said 2 years from now. What am concerned about now are the priorities and stuffs I have to put in place (sort of a todo list).

Thanks once again.
That's what I'm still saying, even at 26, you're still too young. The priorities you need to start putting in place is to start looking for a girl who loves you for you. One who is willing to live with you in a room, build the home with you, and tolerate your nonsense.

1 Like

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Mimzyy(f): 11:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
IMO, there is no right or wrong age. You can choose to wait until you are in your thirties/fourties and still not get it right. It all boils down to the maturity/understanding level of the intending couple.

- You need to consider the sustainability of your present salary to cover up the family needs once you get married. You need to understand that once you walk down the aisle with her, she becomes your responsibility. Though, it is more advisable for her to be independent (have an average paying job or it's equivalent).

- You also need to ask yourself if you are mentally ready for marriage as it is a life term contract. God hates divorce!

- You also need to understand that there are times when you will be pushed to the wall and you will feel like calling it quits, at this stage,your endurance level should be very high.

- An apartment of your own is also important.

- You need to learn how to say sorry for something you did not do wrong. grin (being sarcastic here).

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Gpopsicle(m): 12:31am On Jan 13, 2017
bro, relax and take a chill pill. u still have alot to du... make ur investments and plan for a better home in future rather Dan get blinded with what u kall 'love' now...

my two cents..
Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by ardeypearlz(f): 12:50am On Jan 13, 2017
Mimzyy:
IMO, there is no right or wrong age. You can choose to wait until you are in your thirties/fourties and still not get it right. It all boils down to the maturity/understanding level of the intending couple.

- You need to consider the sustainability of your present salary to cover up the family needs once you get married. You need to understand that once you walk down the aisle with her, she becomes your responsibility. Though, it is more advisable for her to be independent (have an average paying job or it's equivalent).

- You also need to ask yourself if you are mentally ready for marriage as it is a life term contract. God hates divorce!

- You also need to understand that there are times when you will be pushed to the wall and you will feel like calling it quits, at this stage,your endurance level should be very high.

- You need to learn how to say sorry for something you did not do wrong. grin (being sarcastic here).

Good one

1 Like

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Adesiji77: 2:18am On Jan 13, 2017
Brb
Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by baby124: 3:40am On Jan 13, 2017
If you think you are ready or you want to marry in 2 years. Please work towards it. Also make sure you make your woman aware of your plans so you can tell if she is willing to get married in 2 years too. So you don't go and labour in vain for someone that does not see a future with you. If she does and she is trustworthy, both of you have to first start by saving. Save, save,save.

identify your needs and multiply by 4. So you save for 4. Don't go and make any meaningless expenses or investments. Be cautious. You can try to buy a plot of land in an affordable place so you can build a starter house. If you can't afford that, plan to rent. Never live above your means and do not marry a woman that encourages you to do that. Your needs are going to be:

first, shelter or a roof over your heads!

Second, a stable source of income. Not only your bank job which is unpredictable. But maybe a side business which your wife or fiancée can run. Or you focus on getting her a government job which is more stable than private. So you both can diversify your streams of income in household in a tough economy. Try to also find out from married colleagues how much they spend monthly on expenses in their home.

Third, are you going to have kids? Go around and find out how much the school fees are for school's you want your kids to attend to get a general idea of your expenses.

Fourth, cut down your current expenses. Going to club, spending on useless things that create no value to you. Decide the kind of husband you want to be and work on yourself. Be responsible in every way and you will be fine.

Lastly, go with your heart desire. You are not harming anyone by getting married. Don't let people who are afraid of everything in life discourage you. With proper planning and responsibility you should be fine. Make sure you include your fiancée in all your plans and do not let outsiders derail it with fear and doom prophesies. The less people are involved in your matter the better for you both. Wish you well.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by davide470(m): 6:44am On Jan 13, 2017
SalomonKane:
That's what I'm still saying, even at 26, you're still too young. The priorities you need to start putting in place is to start looking for a girl who loves you for you. One who is willing to live with you in a room, build the home with you, and tolerate your nonsense.
What's your favourite drink bro? I owe you a crate. grin

Mannylex, hope you have heard? Lol.

2 Likes

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by SalomonKane: 7:14am On Jan 13, 2017
davide470:
What's your favourite drink bro? I owe you a crate. grin

Mann. ylex, hope you have heard? Lol.
LOL.
Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Acidosis(m): 9:24am On Jan 13, 2017
all you need is a woman who can stand by you, a loyal woman who share in your dreams.

This thing is not a race or a competition, you don't need to own a house or the biggest plasma television in the world to get married.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by slydog(m): 9:54am On Jan 13, 2017
Mannylex:

I am currently 24, employed in the banking industry and dating a 20 year old lady. I plan on settling down 2 years from now, but I know there are things that needs to be in place before this happens.

Bro, I feel you. Let me narrate my experience on this with you.
I also started banking at your age, I had a very sweet girlfriend who was a corper at the period. She was all over me for marriage, talking about settling down, trust me she was no gold digger as she was also well to do.
I ditched or dumped her cos I was scared of settling down, I thought with my small pay this babe wanna tie me down, o thought this was the best time for flexing your own money, clubbing etc
Bro, today the babe is married, lives in Texas. Last week she posted the pic of her baby girl, and I liked it on fb, babe called me tru fb call and told me I should have been the father.
I was four years in banking last December bro and am not married. I regret not settling down three years ago. The money I thought was small, that man needs to find more money, bro the money is still the same, hard to find true love at this stage cos you really can't tell if she likes your car your house or anything.
So I'll advise you, if your gal is serious and believes in you and your dream, I feel you shouldn't wait for next two years, pls do it next year.

Do you live with your parents? If you do trying getting a house, or save towards that, you mustn't really even get the house until next year. I want you to be focused on what you want to do, I also want you to think of your exit plan out of the bank as well, give yourself a timeline like I did, I gave myself not more than five years in the banking industry, December this year will be my fifth year, and I hope to have graduated with my PhD and leave the industry by then.
Don't be deceived by society that you not ready, the difference BTW you and me four years ago is I wasn't thinking of it, here you are already thinking of marriage, push it bro.
You must also have a big wedding if you feel money might be an issue, a traditional wedding and court registry is OK bro, better to start small within your means than try to impress society.
Like I always tell people, the earlier the better is good in everything.

38 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Mannylex(m): 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2017
Mimzyy:

Thanks dear, it feels good getting this from a lady. I have grasped a thing or two. ...

Lol at the last statement, that one go hard. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
You must be matured : Mentally, Physically, Emotionally, and Financially. smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Mannylex(m): 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2017
slydog:

Bro, I feel you. Let me narrate my experience on this with you.
I also started banking at your age, I had a very sweet girlfriend who was a corper at the period. She was all over me for marriage, talking about settling down, trust me she was no gold digger as she was also well to do.
I ditched or dumped cos I was scared of settling down, I thought with my small pay this babe wanna tie me down, o thought this was the best time for flexing your own money, clubbing etc
Bro, today the babe is married, lives in Texas. Last week she posted the pic of her baby girl, and I liked it on fb, babe called me tru fb call and told me I should have been the father.
I was four years in banking last December bro and am not married. I regret not settling down three years ago. The money I thought was small thatvman needs to find more money, bro the money is still the same, hard to find true love at this stage vos you really can't tell of she likes your car your house or anything.
So I'll advise you, if your gal is serious and believes in you and her dream, I feel you shouldn't wait for next two years, pls do it next year.

Do you live with your parents? If you do trying getting a house, or save towards that, you mustn't really even get the house until next year. I want you to be focused on what you want to do, I also want you to think of your exit plan out of the bank as well, give yourself a timeline like I did, I gave myself not more than five years in the banking industry, December this year will be my fifth year, and I hope to have graduated with my PhD and leave the industry by then.
Don't be deceived by society that you not ready, the difference BTW you and me four years ago is I wasn't thinking of it, here you are already thinking of marriage, push it bro.
You must also have a big wedding if you feel money might be an issue, a traditional wedding and court registry is OK bro, better to start small within your means than try to impress society.
Like I always tell people, the earlier the better is good in everything.

Bro, this is priceless, this is exactly what I wanted and it's awesome coming from someone that has walked down that lane before.

Her parents are well to do, so it's a bit of less pressure. Her family and mine are also in full support of this.

You really have made lots of sense. I have PM'ed you, kindly respond so we can chat offline I need to ask a question or two. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by slydog(m): 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2017
Mannylex:

Bro, this is priceless, this is exactly what I wanted and it's awesome coming from someone that has walked down that lane before.

Her parents are well to do, so it's a bit of less pressure. Her family and mine are also in full support of this.

You really have made lots of sense. I have PM'ed you, kindly respond so we can chat offline I need to ask a question or two. Cheers.

Replied you

1 Like

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by An0nimus: 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
Slydog has closed this thread with his wonderful comment.

Mannylex for your question, I'd say start saving towards renting a place soon (if you're still with your fam). Save that money also and look for another income stream. You even have things going well for you and you have fixed a timeline. People with much lesser incomes are doing well.

It's true life is not a competition. But when you can afford to cater for a small family, don't sleep around, don't flex every other weekend and have a nice woman by your side, my man, what are you waiting for?

One thing I always tell my guys is, most of our parents started small. Ask around. I know how mine started. They didn't wait till they had everything settled before marrying. By my age, my pops already had three of us but it's now people are asking when I'm bringing my wife grin

See, whether you marry young or old, you'll still have arguments and stuff. How you settle it is what counts.

I like your plan bro and I'm rooting for you.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by jmoore(m): 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2017
Marry when you are ready.
Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Souljaboi1: 8:02am On Jan 14, 2017
SalomonKane:

But not too young to be kwashing.

@Mannylex, I feel you bro. Even that 2 years is a long time. Once yiu guys have a connection, you have a home and income to keep the family running, please get married.

No matter how you view it, there would never be the 'perfect time'. You have to take the bull by the horns and make something of it. Trust me it won't be easy, but who gives us the assurance that it would get easier in the next 2 years.

For those who believe in God, getting married is a sure assurance for us to earn HIS mercy as long as the intention is to ward off evil thoughts or illicit intercourse.

If you are made a manager in a MNC, would you still consider yourself too young ? What you need is constant contact with more experienced folks, as they would direct you on how to manage your marital life and finances.

Best wishes bro ! smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by SalomonKane: 8:25am On Jan 14, 2017
Souljaboi1:

But not too young to be kwashing.
What has 'kwashing' got to do with marriage? Hope you know 'kwashing' and marriage isn't the same thingv

@Mannylex, I feel you bro. Even that 2 years is a long time. Once yiu guys have a connection, you have a home and income to keep the family running, please get married.

No matter how you view it, there would never be the 'perfect time'. You have to take the bull by the horns and make something of it. Trust me it won't be easy, but who gives us the assurance that it would get easier in the next 2 years.
Connection you say? I hear you. You should know having a connection isn't the same as understanding and tolerating someone who obviously was brought up from different background as you. Not to forget, different character, principle, moral code, attitude etc.

Marriage isn't all about having a sustainable income to keep the family running, if you still see marriage as just 'finance' then you shouldn't be giving advise on marriage.

Might I remind you that there is a perfect time for marriage. The perfect time is when both parties have agreed to work together for the betterment of the home. Any man or woman who isn't ready to be selfless when it comes to marriage shouldn't be thinking about marriage.

For those who believe in God, getting married is a sure assurance for us to earn HIS mercy as long as the intention is to ward off evil thoughts or illicit intercourse.
This is among the 'wrongest' reason to get married. Just because you don't want to fornicate you rush into something you don't understand. Wow!. shocked bloody marvellous.

Tell me, why didn't God's mercy assure Chris Oyakhillomen and Chris Okotie when their marriage crashed?

If you are made a manager in a MNC, would you still consider yourself too young ? What you need is constant contact with more experienced folks, as they would direct you on how to manage your marital life and finances.

Best wishes bro ! smiley
Note, before you're made a manager you must have undergone serious assessment test and rigorous mental training to know if you can handle the position. Now tell me, which of these have the OP gone through because marriage itself is an institution and the OP is the manager and C.E.O of that institution.

And again, you mentioned constant contact, constant contact with more experienced folks who can't manage their own home, right?

Anybody who should be giving advise about marriage should be one who is mentally fit and ready and also successful in the institution of marriage, one who by far surpass the very mundane boundaries of human thoughts. So I'll say the OP need to have a talk with peeps who are far older and more experienced than him. Peeps who are successful in their own marriage. Not peeps who are married for 5 years, but those who have been married for 10 years and above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 14, 2017
Did you say you work in the banking sector

please get another source of income before getting married - to avoid stories that touch.

^^^

Nairalanders just love marriage. grin
Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 14, 2017
SalomonKane:
What has 'kwashing' got to do with marriage? Hope you know 'kwashing' and marriage isn't the same thingv

Connection you say? I hear you. You should know having a connection isn't the same as understanding and tolerating someone who obviously was brought up from different background as you. Not to forget, different character, principle, moral code, attitude etc.

Marriage isn't all about having a sustainable income to keep the family running, if you still see marriage as just 'finance' then you shouldn't be giving advise on marriage.

Might I remind you that there is a perfect time for marriage. The perfect time is when both parties have agreed to work together for the betterment of the home. Any man or woman who isn't ready to be selfless when it comes to marriage shouldn't be thinking about marriage.

This is among the 'wrongest' reason to get married. Just because you don't want to fornicate you rush into something you don't understand. Wow!. shocked bloody marvellous.

Tell me, why didn't God's mercy assure Chris Oyakhillomen and Chris Okotie when their marriage crashed?

Note, before you're made a manager you must have undergone serious assessment test and rigorous mental training to know if you can handle the position. Now tell me, which of these have the OP gone through because marriage itself is an institution and the OP is the manager and C.E.O of that institution.

And again, you mentioned constant contact, constant contact with more experienced folks who can't manage their own home, right?

Anybody who should be giving advise about marriage should be one who is mentally fit and ready and also successful in the institution of marriage, one who by far surpass the very mundane boundaries of human thoughts. So I'll say the OP need to have a talk with peeps who are far older and more experienced than him. Peeps who are successful in their own marriage. Not peeps who are married for 5 years, but those who have been married for 10 years and above.

bros you too much.
Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by 0neal(m): 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
@OP

Go through the threads below I created and be Bless.

You are thinking in the right Line
some might say "what's the Hurry?"... Ask them "Whats the delay?"

https://www.nairaland.com/3547253/how-meet-soul-mate-effortlessly-unmarried

https://www.nairaland.com/3526201/bible-exegesis-wife-youth
Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2017
SalomonKane:

You have made good points, But to each one his own. Boyalomo! kwashing has everything to do with marriage. The way you are writing it off as if its not important.

Money has everything to do with marriage too, Sustainable income is Major key...DJ khaled lol

Even people who have married for 10 years still divorce, that is not even a benchmark.

And please stop using Chris oyakilome and Okotie as an example, because their marriages didnt work. Doesn't mean others won't. God mercies is there to assure us. But we must all play our part.

Please let this guy marry in peace, you already stated that marriage is an institution...ehn let him enter the instutuon na ! He will learn as he goes.

OP please go ahead and get married joor. You have my full support.
Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by SalomonKane: 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2017
truthsayer007:
You have made good points, But to each one his own. Boyalomo! kwashing has everything to do with marriage. The way you are writing it off as if its not important.
I never wrote 'kwanshing' off. I'm well aware it's a very important aspect for humans, but any marriage based on sex alone won't last. It's just that simple.

Money has everything to do with marriage too, Sustainable income is Major key...DJ khaled lol
Of course money has everything to do with it, remember "no romance without finance" but still, remember this, any man who use money to woo his wife will always stand and watch another man use money to woo and take his wife. Remember, there's always a bigger fish.

And yeah, a sustainable income can't be sustained if the man or woman can't sustain or manage their income. It takes a man of character to know how to sustain and manage his income, and also a well fabricated woman of substance to manage the income of/for her husband.

Even people who have married for 10 years still divorce, that is not even a benchmark.
True, but that's because they didn't understand each other and put up a facade to deceive themselves.

Those who marry and divorce after 10 years are the ones who never really understood the institution call marriage. So, all the years they were married, they were only deceiving themselves.

And please stop using Chris oyakilome and Okotie as an example, because their marriages didnt work. Doesn't mean others won't. God mercies is there to assure us. But we must all play our part.
Yes I know, but you should know this, they never understood the institution of marriage that's why their marriage fell apart, and it's the same reason you see and hear about pastors/reverends committing fornication and adultery.

Please let this guy marry in peace, you already stated that marriage is an institution...ehn let him enter the instutuon na ! He will learn as he goes.
Any man who goes into an exam hall without being prepared is bound to fail, even when and if he cheats in the exam, failure is always inevitable.

OP please go ahead and get married joor. You have my full support.
Support in what, empty words? Come on, I'm sure you know "action speak louder than words?

1 Like

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by steppin: 10:30pm On Jan 14, 2017
Mannylex:

Smh. They rush in and the next thing is to rush out.
Having money in your account doesn't mean you're mature for marriage. Even those who married at the standard age are not smiling.
Wait at least till you're 28.
Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 14, 2017
SalomonKane:
I never wrote 'kwanshing' off. I'm well aware it's a very important aspect for humans, but any marriage based on sex alone won't last. It's just that simple.

Ofcourse, we know this. Nothing new here.

SalomonKane:

Of course money has everything to do with it, remember "no romance without finance" but still, remember this, any man who use money to woo his wife will always stand and watch another man use money to woo and take his wife. Remember, there's always a bigger fish.

And yeah, a sustainable income can't be sustained if the man or woman can't sustain or manage their income. It takes a man of character to know how to sustain and manage his income, and also a well fabricated woman of substance to manage the income of/for her husband.

lol Don't twist my words, i never said you should use money to woo a woman, But in this part of the world, money is one of the most important things in marriage. Whether for a man/woman who knows how to sustain income or not.

SalomonKane:

True, but that's because they didn't understand each other and put up a facade to deceive themselves.

Those who marry and divorce after 10 years are the ones who never really understood the institution call marriage. So, all the years they were married, they were only deceiving themselves.

You are not in a place to say whether they are deceiving themselves or not, stop trying to be too smart. Issues occur, you are not in their shoes.

SalomonKane:

Yes I know, but you should know this, they never understood the institution of marriage that's why their marriage fell apart, and it's the same reason you see and hear about pastors/reverends committing fornication and adultery.

Ok, good point.

SalomonKane:

Any man who goes into an exam hall without being prepared is bound to fail, even when and if he cheats in the exam, failure is always inevitable.

Epic fail, you can never prepare enough for marriage. But you don't have to agree with me, you have your opinion.

SalomonKane:

Support in what, empty words? Come on, I'm sure you know "action speak louder than words?

Wait, asin ? undecided

You want me to support him financially ? Or you are just teasing me. which one ? Abeg park well.

Lastly, i really don't know why you keep discouraging him, If you plan to get married at 35, or when you are old as Fvck. Must OP do the same ?

He will be 26 or even 27 before he eventually gets married as he plans. Which looks okay.

Honestly, I see you as a strong pessimist. sad

3 Likes

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by baby124: 11:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
OP, don't mind those people saying you should wait for another 4years or till you are 28. That girl may not be willing to be in a relationship for another 4years. It may show that you are not a serious person and you will lose her. Even if you get engaged to her now, and you decide to marry in 4years, no sane parent will allow their child carry ring of another man for 4yrs!

1 Like

Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by SalomonKane: 7:21am On Jan 15, 2017
truthsayer007:

Ofcourse, we know this. Nothing new here.
Okay.

lol Don't twist my words, i never said you should use money to woo a woman, But in this part of the world, money is one of the most important things in marriage. Whether for a man/woman who knows how to sustain income or not.
Indeed it is very important. That's why one has to have the mental faculty to handle it, remember, "a fool and his money are easily parted".

You are not in a place to say whether they are deceiving themselves or not, stop trying to be too smart. Issues occur, you are not in their shoes.
Of course I am. Why shouldn't I? If a couple can live for 10 years, why can't they live together for another 10 years? There's nothing smart there. Just simple truth. Yes issues occur, but what made the couple tolerate themselves for 10 years, can make them tolerate themselves for another 10 years. Except may be one of them murder the other's parents, that is. grin

Ok, good point.
smiley

Epic fail, you can never prepare enough for marriage. But you don't have to agree with me, you have your opinion.
Being prepared mean being ready to put your wife before you, being prepared mean being ready to tolerate your spouse's short coming... Remember, even a C is also a pass mark in an exam.

Wait, asin ? undecided

You want me to support him financially ? Or you are just teasing me. which one ? Abeg park well.
Not just financially, spiritually, morally and physically otherwise. That's what support entail, not empty words.

Lastly, i really don't know why you keep discouraging him, If you plan to get married at 35, or when you are old as Fvck. Must OP do the same?
Nope he mustn't do the same. But he must be made aware what he's about getting into. Marriage is not child's play.

He will be 26 or even 27 before he eventually gets married as he plans. Which looks okay.
Okay? For you or him? Since you're using age as a yardstick to gauge OP's marital readiness, lemme tell me that you're leading him by the nose.

Honestly, I see you as a strong pessimist. sad
On the contrary, only people who love to deal in abstracts and illogical things see me as a pessimist.

Isn't it funny when real facts is shown people they rush and label individuals 'pessimist'? LOL.

Honestly, I see you now as a lobotomize christian. The type who loves abstracts more than anything else cause it provide an easy way out of the harsh realities of life.
Re: What Does One Need To Start A Family At 2. by obiaguna(m): 9:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
Poster there is absolutely nothing wrong with you wanting to get married at the age of 26. But first you need to be prepared mentally and emotionally. You need to be an adult about a whole lot of things and you must always be prepared to put on your big boy pants. Good thing you have a job. Then to further reiterate what others have said, you need to get a comfortable apartment and a side income. Love is all that matters truly but notwithstanding, finances and maturity would always come with it and on that I wish you well. Don't forget to also learn contentment and pray to God to guide you to lead your home on both the spiritual front and physical as well. Don't forget that love and humility comes first and don't keep side chicks. Let your woman be your everything. Lol I don dey talk like Papa but I wish you well bro. I really do.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

/ See How Much We Spend On Food For One Month / Who Owns A Man, His Wife Or His Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.