Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US (10214 Views)

Nigeria Planning Airline On $2 Billion Aviation Expansio / I'm Planning To Travel To Malaysia For Studies, Please I Need Your Opinion / 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by ijebuman(m): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2005
Kokscity
i find your posts quite amusing, you seem to have this need to convince us that the US is the best place to be and if people don't agree with you its because they have 'bad belle' or it is only those that are not living there or live in Nigeria etc etc.

Well i've lived in the US and i don't feel that way, but hey thats just me, doesn't mean i hate the place or anything thats just my personal view, you can't convince me otherwise

If the US is truly as good as you say then you don't have to brag about it or insult anyone who doesn't agree with you. I'm sure they'll find out themselves abi
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Kokscity(m): 5:18pm On Dec 26, 2005
dialog

I am simply trying to remove sentiments and make good points for my position. That is what a dialogue is all about, and in this forum the question is why do most Nigerian men want to to leave Niaja. So since i have been on both sides, i have established an opinion and i am only trying to move people my way. That is what a dialog is all about, bringing people to your point of view and maybe in the process have people thinking and possibly affect change.

Ijebuman
You lived in the US and in the UK abi. U know that we can have strong opinions, for example Dems and Republicans,Gay or Straight, Prochoice or Prolife,For school choice or for Public Education, Guest worker program or Pro Immigration reform. All these arguments help in a democracy and the best part we can state our opinions good or bad.

Hey at least we do not need to use weapons or kill each other to effect change bro.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Kokscity(m): 5:23pm On Dec 26, 2005
Ijebuman

Oh! By the way I think the US is the best place to run to if you are running from Naija. That is my position and i am sticking to it. Just incase i was not clear from my earlier post.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Hotstepper(f): 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2005
not anymore ooooo..more ppl r running to canada now even those in da states now sef so itz all about choice and where things are going on well 4 you. I believe there is an opporunity everywhere if u put ur mind 2 it. ppl run abraod cuz they think itz easier dere but well there r advantages and disadvantages 2 it and da reason da person wanna come out...like why they r running to U.S..well U.S established lottery visa so if u win, beta for u. U.S can also make u 2 be wat u wanna be if u have goals and can also destroy u if u r not focusedddddddddddddd..enough said 4 now
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Kokscity(m): 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2005
@ Hotstepper

Canada and the US=Same Sauce just different flavors. Canada is more liberal than the US and needs more immigrants badly. Ur statement about being focused is very true, but i must add that Nigeria does not give you something to focus about. When you want to read a book NEPA takes light,U want to travel on the local Highways,Police Harass you. U want a Drivers License, U just come up with money no driving test nothing. So there are opportunities for most in the West and very few in Naija have the means to achieve what they dream of. That is a shame and should be unacceptable, but i hear people keep saying that Naija will change and this and that, but are accepting the status Quo.Hey Hotstepper i want to visit Ontario/Toronto for New Year any ideas for me?I will arrive @ Pearson International Airport. Any places you can recommend me to visit?

Kokscity is chiling on Boxing day
Weather is Nice and i am straight up Loving the day.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Hotstepper(f): 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2005
well am in toronto sefffff ooo so u r welcome. toronto weather has been good 2 us..itz so hot dat windows and doors are open..more like spring..we r just wondering if we r really in winter. well toronto has lotz 2 offer..go 2 down town, cn tower, nice transprtation system if u wanna look around....canadians r friendly. toronto being da most diversed city in da world, u r sure 2 find wat u need here..safe journeyyy
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by joftech(m): 9:14pm On Dec 26, 2005
Until Nigerians understand that A JOB, IS A JOB, IS A JOB, WE ARE ALL DOOMED. Nigerians expect a salary and do not earn it. That is why you have people on this forum looking down at blue collar workers who for the most part are doing much better than them,(Joftech,Omon, and co). Until we understand that the is value to hard work, whether you flip burgers, or work construction or a software engineer for Goggle or even a CEO of a Fortune 500 Company, you still continue to work very hard and continue to understand the value of Hard work.

This man am not saying blue collar job is bad, but i have my own personal reservations. I can't after all i have gone through in Nigeria get to any country to do any hard and undignifying labour when i have got some skills. I have promised myself never to go abroad and do menial jobs, that's my resolution i don't know about yours.

If Nigeria is not giving me the best right now am ready to put up with it till she does that, because i know she will surely do. Am not like some that will be so stupid not to know how to make sensible comparison while claiming someone else is making comparison between Nigeria and the US.

If someone without any immediate family burden is talking as if he’s living in heaven while on earth need something that will bring him to reality.

The way that guy talk really shows that age has got nothing to do with being sensible. I wonder if some "people" on this thread even know the meaning of per capita income. I also wonder if some people here know the meaning of informal economy and income inequality metrics.

Basing a country’s economic performance on mere academic / survey reports does not really give the reality on the street. To me the poverty line here in Nigeria is quite different from what might be applicable to any other country on planet earth. So anyone basing his assumptions about Nigeria based on figures from some sources that are not the reality on the ground here is only trying to cast a vapid outlook on this country.

Though life here is not that so easy and stuff but my people here are soldiers, they fight their ways through life on a daily basis blazing through the glooms and chaos those bastards (political leaders) has cast over this nation.

Nigerians keep your spirits flying; our better days are just round the corner.

My soldiers keep swinging; our home- run is coming.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Kokscity(m): 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2005
Joftech

I understand that there are a lot of economic stats that cannot be clearly added into any economic assumption, but i am not sure what metric you want us to use and measure Nigeria's economy. I am sure economist home and abroad take into account the shadow economy or cash economy system Nigeria has and still come up with their best guesstimate. Oh I forgot," everything is a conspiracy to you".

Dude trust me your skills and your reservation are one thing, but reality is something else. I came here with a degree which was not worth a damn when i arrived, because all the lecturers wants you to do was buy his handout and he will pass you or you can settle ur way thru college( U know "The Nigerian way"). Got a second degree here and today i work for myself on my own terms.But the fact of life is that i had to do some jobs that i did not particularly think were up to par, but you know, i did what i had to do to get where i am. Truly everyone wants the best for themselves and family, but not everyone can afford to come from Naija and buy a house right away, you have to hustle, do some crappy jobs, remain focused and the best will come and you shall climb that economic ladder.

You keep hoping and waiting for the switch to come on in Nigeria and i pray it will. But for now i have tried and have given up on that place and would truly encourage young Nigerian men to leave and find a better place to call home.

I swung three strikes and i am out.........
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by joftech(m): 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2005
You keep hoping and waiting for the switch to come on in Nigeria and i pray it will. But for now i have tried and have given up on that place and would truly encourage young Nigerian men to leave and find a better place to call home.

Thanks bro for your advice. I really need your help, i have got bunch of friends that like you have said are ready to do just anything just to "ja", one is about 51 years old.

I will like to know how you can help them all to secure a visa since most of them have been unceremoniously denied visa so many time.

Am looking forward to how you can help your fellow brothers get a piece of the action.

Dude trust me your skills and your reservation are one thing, but reality is something else. I came here with a degree which was not worth a damn when i arrived, because all the lecturers wants you to do was buy his handout and he will pass you or you can settle your way through college( U know "The Nigerian way"wink. Got a second degree here and today i work for myself on my own terms.But the fact of life is that i had to do some jobs that i did not particularly think were up to par, but you know, i did what i had to do to get where i am. Truly everyone wants the best for themselves and family, but not everyone can afford to come from Nigeria and buy a house right away, you have to hustle, do some crappy jobs, remain focused and the best will come and you shall climb that economic ladder.

Am sorry about the worthlessness of your Nigeria degree. It's one of the things i have been advocating, Nigerian degrees are worthless for any right thinking person, hence the reason i have decided never to attend any of the ivory towers here. But with a hindsight, do you know that it's not the fault of the system, it's simply a result of how much you are paying.

First and foremost, most western universities are not directly owned by the government (i.e. no subsidy), some are completely private owned. So why won't i get qualitative education when am paying through my nose to attend a 4 years course. The amount a student pay in a year to attend a sub-standard university in the US is more than enough to finance a student to graduation here (while such student must have been living in cheer opulence). So in that case there's no comparison bro.

Until we are paying through out nose for these things we are demanding from the government we will never get the incentive to question the status quo. Simple.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by omon(m): 11:38pm On Dec 26, 2005
@kokscity, now if you know the history of your present country and their policies towards africa, I am sure you will be ashamed of the US. Yours is a matter of convenience and you see no need in resilience to achieve. Now the so called superpower of the US will fall one day... Remember the Roman empire? Who ever believed that China will be the worlds 6th most superior economy? Just watch out see what will happen in 15 yrs time.

The point we have made here is that the US economy is presently better than Nigeria's, but it is no haven like you see it. The yr I visited Nigeria does not matter, I am in constant touch with base at home.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by joftech(m): 11:58pm On Dec 26, 2005
My advice for fellow Nigerians is that if you want to go abroad go in a god-fearing and legitimate manner. Doing all sorts of illegalities to get there will most likely subject one into numerous untold hardships.

Right as am typing this i have two friends (they are brothers) here with me that have "ja" only to be deported back to Nigeria. They did dropped out from the university, sold some family lands and stuff just to get out from here. It's kinda painful because when they are going you won't be anything to them.

I think most people like them have been hoodwinked by those that come here flossing around. But me i can't be fazed since i know the truth about what's obtainable out there.

And when you get there remember Nigeria and don't be like some that will spend their whole time lambasting a 2 months old child that has "failed" to run.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by WesleyanA(f): 1:02am On Dec 27, 2005
Kokscity:

1. If all the youths leave Nigeria for the United States, who's going to lead Nigeria in the future? the old men in their graves. who actually will be in Nigeria? How will Nigeria be a country?
when the United States was going through the same thing (corrupt leaders, recent civil war, violence, disease e.t.c) the young citizens didn't leave their slums and families in misery for some other land. They actually stayed to make the place better. What you're enjoying today!

2. on another note, if all of Nigeria's youth came to the US (consider the population of Nigeria), how do you think the US is going to be the same. maybe over half the population of the US will be Nigerian. And you never know, another era of rampant racism and anti-immigrant (see what's happening in France) and maybe a second Know-Nothing party in the United States.

You actually think the United States will welcome all the youth of Nigeria and other countries to their country with wide open teeth? well, maybe if they all are super geniuses worth something good after a nice scholarship to Harvard, Yale or MIT. but apart from that, No!.

Emigration doesn't do Nigeria good. it only makes the condition worse.
i'll say it'll do Nigeria good if the corrupt Nigerian government and others could emigrate to the US  and never go back to Nigeria  cheesy (after returning the stolen money that is).

let me steal your style:
GREEN WHITE GREEN 4lyfe.  kiss

onetwo questions for you:
do you listen to Nigerian music at all? or eat nigerian food sometimes?
if you do, shame on you!

and if you don't:
you're missing on lots of good stuff! shame on you still.

and. . . .triple shame on you if you didn't change your Nigerian name to an American one yet. Because i see your bleeding red white and blue like your actually American. you could as well change the Nigeria on your birth certificate to say Texas, US. if you didn't, tis tis tis .. . shame on you.

ps. the characters (numbers) in bold are modifications, so Kolescity won't pretend not to see my "unsentimental arguements"
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Jackie(f): 1:09am On Dec 27, 2005
Right as am typing this i have two friends (they are brothers) here with me that have "ja" only to be deported back to Nigeria. They did dropped out from the university, sold some family lands and stuff just to get out from here. It's kind of  painful because when they are going you won't be anything to them

See this is what i don't understand.  Please advice them never to drop out of school untill they have actually gotten the Visa. Regardless what they say if u come here with a degree it will safe u some time, and money. The degree might not be fully accepted but some credits will be transfered.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Kokscity(m): 1:34am On Dec 27, 2005
WesleyanA

Have you heard of the saying "once bitten twice shy"? You have come again with those your strong misguided views abi? Why do i have to be ashamed about eating Nigerian food. Do u eat American food? Well i expect such lame talk from kids....

Now if you read my post you will understand that i am advocating that the Nigerian Youth should leave not only for the US but for other countries. The truth is that they are leaving in Numbers that will blow ur mind, regardless of what you say they will still try to leave. So let's all offer them an alternative to leave, instead of sermon that does put food on the table. The world is a Global Village, the Youth in Sri-Lanka and the Kid in Nigeria, or even the one in Iraq today are all yearning for the same thing. The want to compete on the world stage and no government,church, mosque,or many times even their parents will stop them from dreaming.

I cannot get anyone to remove sentiments, I have asked over and over again please make a case for the 18-30 Nigerian Youth or Young Adult to stay in Nigeria instead of leaving if he had the opportunity to leave.

Joftech,Omon,Goodguy,Wesleyan,Ijebuman and all of you that Loves "The Nigerian Way so Much" Please make the case why that average young man should stay in Nigeria. Please remove statements like "It is Home" or it is his Country" Just straight up sell it to the Kid that life would be better for him In Nigeria for the following reasons and then state those reason.

Kokscity will wait for replies.
In the mean time i will be watching Monday Night Football
Last Monday Night Football Game on ABC
Farewell to Madden and Crew.
NE Patroits and the NY Jets.
Patroits should open a can on whoop ass on the Jets.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by WesleyanA(f): 1:56am On Dec 27, 2005
Kokscity:

WesleyanA  Have you heard of the saying "once bitten twice shy"? You have come again with those your strong misguided views abi? Why do i have to be ashamed about eating Nigerian food. Do u eat American food? ..
well, with your anti-nigerian posts i'd expect that you also don't have a taste for it's food. haha  grin
and about me eating american food, i'll eat any food from any country any day as long as i don't go shunning the country in every area  after eating it's food.
Now if you read my post you will understand that i am advocating that the Nigerian Youth should leave not only for the US but for other countries.
I think i understand your posts clearly but i see more of "come to the United States" than "move to other countries too". except maybe if you went back to modify your posts that is.
The truth is that they are leaving in Numbers that will blow your mind, regardless of what you say they will still try to leave.
That's why we should try to encourage many of them NOT TO leave. Maybe some but definitely not many or most, Because i don't see how their leaving is improving or will improve Nigeria.
It's the improvement of Nigeria i'm advocating for not emigration.
The world is a Global Village, the Youth in Sri-Lanka and the Kid in Nigeria, or even the one in Iraq today are all yearning for the same thing. The want to compete on the world stage and no government,church, mosque,or many times even their parents will stop them from dreaming.
your point is every youth in any poor country should leave their nation for a foreign one. If that's the case, you know what the implication will be. i need not tell you.
I cannot get anyone to remove sentiments, I have asked over and over again please make a case for the 18-30 Nigerian Youth or Young Adult to stay in Nigeria instead of leaving if he had the opportunity to leave.
why are you emphasizing on sentiments. How about the "american" one of yours? "bleeding red white and blue till i die" that's a sentiment! there's answers.com if you need a dictionary.
there are three types of arguements in the English Language:
rational , ethical and emotional. in this case were arguing on, both rational and emotional arguements apply so you can never rule one out. And i'm using both types by the way  grin
Joftech,Omon,Goodguy,Wesleyan,Ijebuman and all of you that Loves "The Nigerian Way so Much"
oh my God, this my love for my country will never die and i'm sure it's the same for those others you mentioned  wink
Please make the case why that average young man should stay in Nigeria. Please remove statements like "It is Home" or it is his Country" Just straight up sell it to the Kid that life would be better for him In Nigeria for the following reasons and then state those reason.
i just gave you two solid reasons (without sentiments by the way) and you refused to touch up on them!  rolleyes
Kokscity will wait for replies.
In the mean time i will be watching Monday Night Football
Last Monday Night Football Game on ABC
Farewell to Madden and Crew.
NE Patroits and the NY Jets.
Patroits should open a can on whoop ass on the Jets.
you need not relate your daily activities to us. you can as well say you need to go do the # 2. or pay a visit to the toilet  grin
by the way, you're south, why the craze for a new England win? Is it because you're a coward always sticking to the side of the better, wealthier nation team?

Well i expect such lame talk from kids..
now this is what i don't get from you. Don't go about using age as a specific in arguements. You can be as old as methuselah for all i care but most of your posts (not only in this thread) are as lame as the lamest beggar in Jerusalem.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Kokscity(m): 2:31am On Dec 27, 2005
Wes

First of all i am not sure that i told you i am from the south. My God this is actually mind boggling to me. U are arguing from a point of view that cannot hold water. I know you like Nigeria Food, and Nigeria Music, Nigerian clothes and Nigerian Movies ETC. I hope you are able to at least go home and enjoy all these in Naija and stop praising abject poverty,corruption,armed robbery,and straight up mayhem from your cozy situation in the US. I did not like what i was experiencing in Naija, and i left and i am encouraging everyone that can leave,to leave.

Question Is:WHY ARE SO MANY NIGERIAN YOUNG MEN PLANING TO LEAVE NAIJA?
Answer: Because Nigeria does not have anything to offer them.
WesleyanA i am now convinced that you are really as slow as you look.
U have had one racist and of the world post and here you come with another argument that you are going of the wall with. I know all youths cannot leave Nigeria, but those that want to leave and can leave, MAKE AN ARGUMENT FOR THEM TO STAY AND FIGHT FOR THIER COUNTRY PLEASE!
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Kokscity(m): 2:38am On Dec 27, 2005
Wes

I know u, U will soon be apologizing for saying something stupid. I will let you run your mouth for now, but i am sure you will soon start going in circles to explain urself. I thought you had learnt your lesson in your other dumb post, but no, here we go again.........

Kokscity is about to spank a Kid. Oh my bad! it is against the Law!
Kokscity will not be assaulting any children.
An Upstanding, God Fearing Citizen.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by WesleyanA(f): 3:02am On Dec 27, 2005
Kokscity:

Wes

I know u, U will soon be apologizing for saying something stupid. I will let you run your mouth for now, but i am sure you will soon start going in circles to explain yourself. I thought you had learnt your lesson in your other dumb post, but no, here we go again.........

Don't be trying to change the topic just because i finished your head off.

and by the way, i apologize to whomever (the good people) i feel i've offended in any post and that was long before you actually signed up to this site to run your mouth on a closed case.
And yes you were soo retarded i had to give you this long lecture on what my post actually meant before you understood it.
Just because i said suitable "good" African Americans for me to date are rare don't make me a racist.. . get that into your mushy cerebrium and keep to the subject at hand.
you can post in that other African American thread and let us finish the arguement there because i see you're in the mood today.

Kokscity is about to spank a Kid. Oh my bad! it is against the Law!
Kokscity will not be assaulting any children.
An Upstanding, God Fearing Citizen.
Well you can stop lying to Nigerians in Nigerians now because i myself live in the US and i spank and will spank whatever stuborn kid.
maybe if you rape a child, now that's against the law. and i'm sure you wish that law wasn't there because i heard you love rape.

now can we keep to the subject at hand and stop beating around the bush?
.. . mr kolecity in Texas who would die for the US but is too much of a coward to go fight in the war in Iraq. cheesy
and by the way, your President Bush is a dummy!
Mr "i live in a perfect society".
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Kokscity(m): 3:29am On Dec 27, 2005
Wes
I can sue you for Liable. I never said i like raping women, I said i was raped by a woman in Secondary school and was tongue and chick about it. I do not live in TX and i never said i was a Bush fan. I said i was a die hard democrat read my post in another thread or ask Ijebuman. But i still think you we need to go back and answer this post .

QUESTION:WHY DO SO MANY NIGERIAN MEN WANT TO LEAVE NAIJA FOR THE US?

ANSWER: FILL IN UR OPINION PEOPLE.

QUESTION:WHAT DOES NIGERIA HAS TO OFFER A YOUNG MAN AGES 18-30?

ANSWER: GIVE THAT AVERAGE KID OR YOUNG MAN A REASON TO STAY.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by sage(m): 3:56am On Dec 27, 2005
Guyz take it easy.

Kokscity, relax bro, some guyz still de make am 4 naija rolleyes

But i feel u though. In a country like this (like in most western countries, there is the rule of law and if you witnessed the brutal murder of tens of thousands of innocent people by the bakassi boyz and the riots like i did, ul know that some parts of naija is in total anarchy. those kind of rubbish cannot happen here) Anybody that stayed in Aba, Onitsha, Owerri, Awka,Nnewi etc can bear me witness

Guyz that say they work there ass of eg@husler, i dont think an okada rider or a bus conductor in naija who wakes up by 5am and retire by 11pm would consider an 8 to 12 hr job in any western country as working there ass off. At the end of the day, u in the west can buy a new car of ur choice,(which the okada rider cannot) and eat whatsoever u like as many times as u want and live in a comfortable house. ( I think its only guyz that have been used to their parents taking care of everything will call it that)

I think people prefer the west cos it rewards hard work. I can see the delight the average 22yr old in naija would have in his face if he were able to buy a car of his choice without a single kobo of his parents money. IT GIVES U A SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT EVEN IF YOU HAD WORKED EXTRA HARD TO GET THE MONEY. i dont think any guy would deny that. Life in the west is usually hard 4 the first yr u come in and maybe a second, but as u get to know ur way more, it usually gets better. With education, u climb the ladder.

@ Omon, u r asking what Botswana and SouthAfrica has that Nigeria does not have, il tell u some

1 24 hr electricity
2 Very Very Good roads
3 High level of tourism and tourism facilities
4 Stable govt
5 Relative rule of law and order
6 huge foreign investment
7 Reasonably good standard of living
8 Vibrant and consistently growing economy

These 2 countries and Nigeria ARE NOT on the same level and it is a fact ( unless u dont know much about Botswana)

BOTTOM LINE is make ur money where u want.

it could be Naija, it could be US, Uk, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Norway,Australia, Singapoer, S/A, Bostwana. anywhere
I have guyz who have made it in all these places. Afterall na ur Money
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by WesleyanA(f): 4:01am On Dec 27, 2005
Kokscity:

Wes
I can sue you for Liable. I never said i like raping women, I said i was raped by a woman in Secondary school and was tongue and chick about it.

Haha you make me laugh.   .  you're so smart it's not funny... .  loser. it's not called rape. it's called regular sex.
just because you let some girl get on top of you don't mean she raped you.
you had sex w/ each other is the right phrase. if you want to argue about that too, lets do it on the other thread and stop sounding pathetic.! haha
i hope you didn't go about telling your friends rape is morally right. i wonder if they're smart not to listen to you.

I do not live in TX and i never said i was a Bush fan. I said i was a die hard democrat read my post in another thread or ask Ijebuman. But i still think you we need to go back and answer this post .
oh my bad, but you live in the south? so the US isn't that perfect as you seem to be portraying right? hehe. your so pathetic.  grin

QUESTION:WHY DO SO MANY NIGERIAN MEN WANT TO LEAVE NAIJA FOR THE US?

ANSWER: Many people in Nigeria want to go abroad to the United States to look for greener pastures but i strongly believe that it shouldn't be encouraged because it only deteriorates the condition in their country. if all the Nigerian youth leaves for abroad, who is let to lead the nation. May be those that leave can come back after acquiring enough knowledge the land didn't offer to make it a better place. People like Wole Soyinka and other reputable Individuals are strong examples of patriots who leave their land, and are still carry their Green White Green proudly!  cool

QUESTION:WHAT DOES NIGERIA HAS TO OFFER A YOUNG MAN AGES 18-30?

ANSWER: I am not in the best position to know the answer to this question since i'm not even 16 yet. I knew Nigeria gave me elementary education  wink But anyways, i'll give my opinion on it liek a good girl:

Poverty in Nigeria doesn't equate a search for a way out of Nigeria. Insead, it should mean looking for a way to make it better.
i didn't choose to come to the US, i had to come because of my parents.
Maybe if you decide to leave because you believe Nigeria doesn't provide the wants you require to make it better  (EDUCATION). then, i'll support you emigrating to the US to get the edcation and contribute to make your home better not give it a worse name.
And this doesn't apply to every young Nigerian. just some because Nigeria cannot be a nation without people in it no matter how poor it is.

Nigeria is only 45! and it's situation is quite normal for any country at 45 without the significant support of a stable nation.
many countries were worse than Nigeria at 100! even the United States . And after they've grown to maturity, we and YOU reap all the good without being there to suffer with them in the time of their tribulation.
If you believe young men should forsake Nigeria for the United States just to live more comfortable lives to the point of denying their home country, i'll consider those as PARASITES!!.

i guess it's your turn to argue against my two points you've decided to ignore since forever: The implications of mass emigration (Nigeria being the case here).
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by hotangel2(f): 4:09am On Dec 27, 2005
WOW! I am really dumb!! This girl is good! *Claps*.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 13, 2010
^^look, there's a recession going on right now and people are getting cranky about these high levels of immigration.

all that one you dey yarn na story- a lot of whites could care less how hard life is in nigeria because they themselves arent finding it easy in their own countries.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by mercydrops: 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2010
Any how you might see it brother i got into America 2weeks ago from the same Nigeria in America for the first time in my life and i had been itsyou in nigeria than knows reccession on paper, i am hardworking and the suffering you say white man are suffering in their land i am yet to see that here anyway, itswhat you believe thay will happen to you , you see recession i had been seeing abundance ever since my entry i am welcome in my country Nigeria anytime , i cant sit in Nigeria and help shouting recession , that was how they said they are subjecting Nigerian to inhuman treatment because of Mutallab it fucking lie BIG lie go and note that i got contact right from the plane in Ikeja , don't scare people its better they experience something differnt from our country Nigeria my brother Nigerian youth are making it here legitimately there are oppourtunity for you here if you are not lazy. those ones eager to come here will definately make it BIG here as I do any way by God's grace
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by nattyspice: 9:24pm On Mar 13, 2010
@kokscity.I admire you for being objective and unrepentant .if shwarzenega and immigrant is now a governor.then i can at least become councilor when i finally migrate to yankee.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by mercydrops: 9:34pm On Mar 13, 2010
I dont advice dropping out of school for Nigerian youth to come to America if its VISA lottery iys worth it you will not be running up and down , or getting someone to file for you, Visa lottery is a legitimate way to get into this country and selling your properties to come here i don't advice it and people are fraudulent you might get into wrong hands except you have gotten to ticket and you have secured your visa it does not cost that much to enter into this country not a fortune to get into America beware of Fraudstars but i tell you , you will not regret your coming i promise if you get in by GOD's grace
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 13, 2010
mercydrops:

Any how you might see it brother i got into America 2weeks ago from the same Nigeria in America for the first time in my life and i had been itsyou in nigeria than knows reccession on paper, i am hardworking and the suffering you say white man are suffering in their land i am yet to see that here anyway, itswhat you believe thay will happen to you , you see recession i had been seeing abundance ever since my entry i am welcome in my country Nigeria anytime , i cant sit in Nigeria and help shouting recession , that was how they said they are subjecting Nigerian to inhuman treatment because of Mutallab it bleeping lie BIG lie go and note that i got contact right from the plane in Ikeja , don't scare people its better they experience something differnt from our country Nigeria my brother Nigerian youth are making it here legitimately there are oppourtunity for you here if you are not lazy. those ones eager to come here will definately make it BIG here as I do any way by God's grace

congratulations on your wondrous experience of landing overseas vis a vis leaving nigeria for the first time in your life, but that in no way detracts from the fact that there's a recession going on and people overseas are feeling the pinch. Whites just as much as anyone else.

so enjoy your stay abroad since you now have a better life, but that also doesnt change the fact that everyone has been hearing stories about nigerian poverty for donkey years now, and many whites no longer care, since all that means is they see indigenes of other countries flooding their own.

try to catch up on the news whenever you come down from cloud nine.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 13, 2010
na everybody just dey collect visa now.

ati o gbo english o, ati ko gbo english o.

then the westerners they turn around to start shouting about the number of immigrants as well as 419
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by mercydrops: 12:59am On Mar 14, 2010
O lo school oh ko loo school oh , it your luck even the ones that are not even gradutes here are making it big my brother its not a matter of school or being a graduate the ponit is they are lucky to get their visa , i like American they don't discriminate , i may be wrong all i know there is level playing ground and my OBAMA is a black man that jinx is broken forever, how many spanish here are really educated come off it though education is a big advantage but my brother oppourtunity BOKUUUUUU both the learned and un learned
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by afiq(m): 5:17am On Mar 14, 2010
They always think that it is 'greener' at the other side. Depends on how 'green' u want it to be grin
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 14, 2010
@mercydrops
Congrats! I lyk ur style. . . . . . . We wanna hear mooore of dat encouragment, lv that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LASTMA Announces Closure Of Ahmadu Bello Way, Suggests Alternative Routes / France Visa Processing Took 29 Days But Hey! It was Worth The Wait / 29 Killed As Uganda Party Boat Capsizes On Lake Victoria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.