Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US (10213 Views)

Nigeria Planning Airline On $2 Billion Aviation Expansio / I'm Planning To Travel To Malaysia For Studies, Please I Need Your Opinion / 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by chic2pimp(m): 8:01pm On Mar 14, 2010
mercydrops:

O lo school oh ko loo school oh , it your luck even the ones that are not even gradutes here are making it big my brother its not a matter of school or being a graduate the ponit is they are lucky to get their visa , i like American they don't discriminate , i may be wrong all i know there is level playing ground and my OBAMA is a black man that jinx is broken forever, how many spanish here are really educated come off it though education is a big advantage but my brother oppourtunity BOKUUUUUU both the learned and un learned
I was waiting for this come up and suprise suprise it did cheesy cheesy

YOUR Obama, I Laff in Swahili grin
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Spader9(m): 4:58am On Mar 30, 2010
It's America,

NUFF SAID!!!
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 30, 2010
Yes! If i've my way, America is my Dream country.
"So many Old Nigerian Men planning to relocate to Nigeria frm America"
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by AjanleKoko: 5:59pm On Mar 30, 2010
^^
Right after pigs flew, huh?

1 Like

Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by naijadoll1: 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2010
why because Nigeria is a doomed country, seriously who wan dey Naija? even those wey dey theif the national's wealth no wan dey there ! grin grin grin
wat has Naija got for it's youths, capital NOTHING. they wud rather come here and pay U.S tax (to help better US) than stay in a place with no further hope and lack of human rights, yes, even in this 21st century, they still dey do all those military crap ! smmshhh! cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by naijadoll1: 7:11pm On Apr 30, 2010
abeg vote Donald Duke for president '11, make em change naija the way em change rivers state, thats a selfless leader rite there ! and yeah em english better pass Obsanjo own. cool
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by lawjayjay: 12:28pm On Oct 03, 2010
ppl should know that abroad is not easy as ppl back home thinks, many ppl abroad were going back home now Nigeria is a place to make money with a right business ideas.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by eghost247(m): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2010
Lawjay is right people think foreign countries are
paradise
but u would suprise
yes
u have all u need to make it there
but at the end of the day u will ask yourself if its worth it
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2010
eghost247:

Lawjay is right people think foreign countries are
paradise
but u would suprise
yes
u have all u need to make it there
but at the end of the day u will ask yourself if its worth it

what about Luck.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by azeezya2007: 9:46am On Nov 29, 2015
[Help USA Embsay in lagos state Nigeria doesn't respect any visa interview applicants as they are now making all visa applicants to stand on a queque during interview in the interview hall leaving all seats unoccupied and if anyone try to seat after long peroid of standing then the embassy staff will walk them off the seats. children ferthers, mothers old young and pregnant women were all made to stand on a queue too bad . quote author=kazey post=3738]

Good Point raised, and thats more the reason why we should stay at home, and try to do something smiley Otherwise who would do it for us? He who runs away from a battle would live to fight it again smiley All this developed world that you see, The USA etc did not start building their infrastructure by waiting till the government does that, people started building from nothing to something, and thats what we are actually running away from, Is Building our own countries future!!. We Nigerians are just looking for the easy way out in everything.

Yes Nigerians have very good jobs , might own their own home and might have a good career cheesy but the issue here is how Nigerians? you said Most? grin Nigerians living abroad!!! I need your help on this issue please. Honest response would really be appreciated. Thank you.[/quote]
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Originalsly: 12:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
Youths are obsessed with going to Yankee mainly because of ignorance...they don't know the reality of life there. They relate life there to be as seen on TV along with the wrong impression given by most returning home who appear to be living a life of luxury abroad. The youths are misguided and basically believe all they need to do...is set foot in Yankee , be willing to work hard and they would make it. Like someone said earlier, just be prepared to start with small menial jobs like being a street sweeper....as if the cities employ men with brooms to go sweep the streets and that's a job just for the taking when the fact is there is absolutely no job period in Yankee that is easily available. Youths need to realise that rushing to Yankee is very much the same as a youth leaving his little village and rushing to Lagos with the hope of starting off even as a gate man at one of the tall shiny corporate office buildings and working his way up from there...what are his chances of making his plan a reality?...what are his chances of ending up trapped in abject poverty and misery?.... Same As Rushing Off To Yankee.

2 Likes

Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by lindaayim(f): 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2015
but in the case that you happen to so called win the lottery which is another slavery in disguise, or struggle to eventually get a visa and move on to the USA . All i can say is, it is slavery, no matter how much lucky you become. You are slave, but a new generation slave , a paid slave, that is.i disagree with your ascertion. on what basis do you base your slavery claim? the fact you live in nigeria is ok but speak about what you know of because i and so many other nigerians that came here with visa lottery are far better of than in nigeria in terms of good job, better health care, less Godfatherism, easy access to scholarship and loans for good use, GENERALLY better roads water and electricity.
kazey:
I guess what he meant was odd jobs such as cleaning toilets, streets or even the worse of all a security guard is not stressful in America. Because is the whitemans soil wink

Well the fact is all those struggler's in the USA are just suffering !!!. Its an interesting routine. They work day and night, eat burgers (thinking its good food, some people in Nigeria envy them stupidly), pay their fees thats if they happen to be furthering their studies (which is quite rare, most of the time they lie), save some money, come back to Nigeria for holidays(if possible), spend the whole money extravagantly to show they are rich (which apparently they are not), Go broke, fly back to the USA and start back from square one.

Now many emphasized greener pastures, may i know the cost of living in the USA please? compare to even income an average School Cert Holder would get. From what i know its pittance and you really work day and night trying to earn a few thousands.

If you are going to the USA to futher your studies, and you can afford it, that is cool,

Why not stay in Nigeria and invest the money spent for getting the visa and undertaking the trip into a business or something worth doing. The business does not have to earn you dollars at the beginning, you might lose everything too, that is if the business doesn't go well, but the point is you have learned something, and you can become a better person in your own country. But even going bankrupt or penniless from a business is really rare in Nigeria !!. We are heavy consumers to goods and services, and i am sure there are a lot of things yet to be explored.

All i have to say is stay at home, and you would be glad you did.My friends would say leave home for greener pastures so that i can have more opportunities to explore at home wink

2 Likes

Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
Let's be Truthful to ourselves here, NAIJA NO MAKE SENSE AGAIN. Most of these guys forming "home sweet home" na them go first dae flight if USA decides to give free entry and citizenship to Nigerians. Tho USA no dae my mind now sha.. I just need a place to show the world my soccer TALENT, that's all

1 Like

Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by NONNYG: 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
funny enough this thread was created 10 yrs ago. only 5 pages grin
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by futurewise11(m): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2015
Adetola:
This may be casued by so many reasons, some of which are highlighted below:
[list][li]Not being content with what they have.[/li]
[li]Just want to be known as 'Americana'[/li]
[li]Sufferhead! [suffering] Some people say there are better chances of survival abroad.[/li]
[li]Some just want to be there for the sake of being there.[/li][/list]

Whatever the reason may be, I still think there are many more 'virgin' business ideas in Nigeria - ideas that are yet to be discovered and explored. Even the already existing avenues are yet to be optimally utilised. We are yet to reach a state of "Parento Optimality" (an economic term) in Nigeria.

As for me, I'm not in a haste to travel. But if the oppurtunity comes, I will definitely be sure of what I am going there to do, not to start running helter-skelter and dodging the law enforcement agents "because I dont have papers."

That's my own stand.

Pareto optimality or pareto Efficiency.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by MarryMeee: 12:10am On Dec 01, 2015
mosiate:
Why are Most Young Nigerian Men Crazy About Going to the US?

If you ask guys between the ages of 16-25 the plans they have ahead in their lives, at least 80% of them will tell you they want to go to 'Yankee' and I still wonder why. Could someone tell me why?
fastest way to trick babes into marrying you na
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by ttmacoy: 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
Interesting how 10 years later we are still having this discussion.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by RedCapChief(m): 5:08am On Dec 03, 2015
ttmacoy:
Interesting how 10 years later we are still having this discussion.
cheesy
The desire for greener pastures is not subject to the passage of time

1 Like

Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by em19em6: 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2019
Naija
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Coloradowater: 5:14am On Oct 29, 2019
joftech:
If America is a bed of roses i think all the people that have travelled down there would have become billionaires by now; but what percentage are even in the 5 million dollar bracket.

That's a misguided quote. People are making it in Nigeria big time. Dangote, Akindele (Aramed), Sonny Okogwu, Coscharis, Subomi Balogun etc all started their business empires in Nigeria and they are making it big.

Those that come down here to do "owambe" show off are those that are really doing badly over there.

I can only go overthere to study. If people around here have the same mindset with me am sure we can become one of the very best country in 3 years.

One reason why some people thing oyinbo land is better than Nigeria is because of the way we have all been brought up, we see ourselves as second class citizens to the whites.

My advice for any intending migrants, when you go there know you will have to deal with 2 sets of racisim, 1 from the whites and the second from the black-americans.
And if I may ask what are you doing over there? Why can't you come and make it big on your promise land.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by hammed71(m): 8:07am On Oct 29, 2019
Originalsly:
Youths are obsessed with going to Yankee mainly because of ignorance...they don't know the reality of life there. They relate life there to be as seen on TV along with the wrong impression given by most returning home who appear to be living a life of luxury abroad. The youths are misguided and basically believe all they need to do...is set foot in Yankee , be willing to work hard and they would make it. Like someone said earlier, just be prepared to start with small menial jobs like being a street sweeper....as if the cities employ men with brooms to go sweep the streets and that's a job just for the taking when the fact is there is absolutely no job period in Yankee that is easily available. Youths need to realise that rushing to Yankee is very much the same as a youth leaving his little village and rushing to Lagos with the hope of starting off even as a gate man at one of the tall shiny corporate office buildings and working his way up from there...what are his chances of making his plan a reality?...what are his chances of ending up trapped in abject poverty and misery?.... Same As Rushing Off To Yankee.
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 29, 2019
deleted
Re: So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US by Ugosample(m): 8:57am On Oct 29, 2019
Sasorah:

Just imagine how life is. You're there now

Hahahaha

You see life?

that is why I don't take many people 100 % serious here....

Originalsly sef don jaapa.

NiggerArea is not a place where rational persons want to live long term with no plan B
that's just the fact.

@AngelicBeing
come and see something

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

France Visa Processing Took 29 Days But Hey! It was Worth The Wait / LASTMA Announces Closure Of Ahmadu Bello Way, Suggests Alternative Routes / 29 Killed As Uganda Party Boat Capsizes On Lake Victoria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.