Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,665 members, 7,840,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke (28556 Views)

Poll: Mourinho is

Over-rated: 36% (4 votes)
Simply good: 63% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Louis Van Gaal Still A Tactical Genius? / Genius Messi Breaks Another Record Set By Raul. / Cesc Fabregas - The Spanish Genius At The Heart Of Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by vislabraye(m): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2009
Is Mourinho a bad coach? No. Is he a genius ? No. I think Mourhino is over celebrated. He could have easily won the CL in Chelsea, but Benitez never allowed him. When ever Rafa and Jose meets in a competition, Rafa was bound to knock him out.

To be sincere with you I don't think he was better than Avram Grant technically wise. Grant took Chelsea to the finals of CL, and almost won. His defeat was circumstantial. Guus Hiddink could have reached the finals and won it. If you say Chelsea was robbed, i wouldn't object to it. Ancelotti is a better coach than Mourinho. He won the CL twice, and reached the final 3ce. Watch out he might repeat the same feat for Chelsea.

Alot of luck had to do with Mourinho success although he was also good.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 2:14pm On Nov 27, 2009
vislabraye:

Is Mourinho a bad coach? No. Is he a genius ? No. I think Mourhino is over celebrated. He could have easily won the CL in Chelsea, but Benitez never allowed him. When ever Rafa and Jose meets in a competition, Rafa was bound to knock him out.

To be sincere with you I don't think he was better than Avram Grant technically wise. Grant took Chelsea to the finals of CL, and almost won. His defeat was circumstantial. Guus Hiddink could have reached the finals and won it. If you say Chelsea was robbed, i wouldn't object to it. Ancelotti is a better coach than Mourinho. He won the CL twice, and reached the final 3ce. Watch out he might repeat the same feat for Chelsea.

Alot of luck had to do with Mourinho success although he was also good.

This is brilliant. . . . . . .Kudos to you, mate.

Avram Grant(a manager with no coaching badge) took Chelsea to the finals of CL and was so close to winning it.
Had Terry kept his nerves, Chelsea woulda won the European final with Grant so what does that tell Mourinho's fans.
Grant spanked Benitez(Jose's nemesis) on his way to the final and people are here saying Jose Mourinho is the bestest manager in the planet.

When are they going to realise the quality of players in Chelsea FC is too good that any manager with half-a-brain will do wonders with the players.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Simonwal: 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2009
you guys sound like them,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Builder: 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2009
Shuabu Amodu: fluke or madness thats he is still the national joke coach
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by BrOwnSuga3: 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

This is brilliant. . . . . . .Kudos to you, mate.

Avram Grant(a manager with no coaching badge) took Chelsea to the finals of CL and was so close to winning it.
Had Terry kept his nerves, Chelsea woulda won the European final with Grant so what does that tell Mourinho's fans.

Grant spanked Benitez(Jose's nemesis) on his way to the final and people are here saying Jose Mourinho is the bestest manager in the planet.

When are they going to realise the quality of players in Chelsea FC is too good that any manager with half-a-brain will do wonders with the players.

@Sauron

Are you trying to say Avram Grant is better than Arsene Wenger or Raphael Benitez or Alex Ferguson who won only 2 champions league in 22years

dont be funny Sauron

If any half-brain mananger can manage Chelsea, why did Scolari failed woefuly

If you dont have anything reasonable to say, just read and walk by, stop the beef with Mou, no manager i mean no manager will ever be like Mou. He is A Special Coach.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2009
Who gives a Bleep about head to head? What you Mourinho fans don't understand is the fact that he had infinite resources to acquire ready-made players while SAF and Wenger had to start from scratch developing talents like Fabregas, Walcott, Ronaldo, Rooney, Fletcher, etc. Jose was able to take advantage of the situation cos his ready-made imports were far better than others. However, as soon as there was parity between the quality of the United squad and Chelsea squad. . . . . . .Jose lost the league to SAF becos by then, Rooney and Ronaldo had developed fully.

Another load of clap-trap

Roy Keane - Bristish Record
Andy Cole - British Record
Dwight York - 2nd to Alan Shearer record
Jaap Stam - World Record for a defender
Rio Ferdinand world record for a defender
Van Nistelrooy british record for A STRIKER
Seb Veron – British record
Wayne Rooney – British record for an English player
Then we have Berbatov

Some people need to shush and listen
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2009
BrOwn*Suga:

@Sauron
Are you trying to say Avram Grant is better than Arsene Wenger or Raphael Benitez or Alex Ferguson who won only 2 champions league in 22years?
dont be funny Sauron

I am saying Avram Grant's achievement made me know Mourinho's success at Chelsea was over-rated.
The same team Mourinho moaned about and left was the same one Grant took to the UCL final in Moscow.

If any half-brain mananger can manage Chelsea, why did Scolari failed woefuly

That is because Scolari does not have a brain. grin

If you dont have anything reasonable to say, just read and walk by, stop the beef with Mou, no manager i mean no manager will ever be like Mou. He is A Special Coach.

SAF's achievement in Aberdeen FC eclipsed whatever Mourinho did at Porto or Chelsea.
Mourinho is a brilliant manager but he is not SPECIAL. The dough helped him.

omar22:

Another load of clap-trap

Roy Keane - Bristish Record
Andy Cole - British Record
Dwight York - 2nd to Alan Shearer record
Jaap Stam - World Record for a defender
Rio Ferdinand world record for a defender
Van Nistelrooy british record for A STRIKER
Seb Veron – British record
Wayne Rooney – British record for an English player
Then we have Berbatov

Some people need to shush and listen

Look at this onanist.
So all these players were bought during Mourinho's stay in England?
You are a disgrace to the teachers that taught you logic in college.

I said SAF and Wenger had young players in 2004 cos it was a period they were rebuilding and you are mentioning Roy Keane's transfer fees. . .
Even a goat woulda analysed the situation better. At least SAF made United rich from the brilliant football he made his team play.
It was Roman's money that brought success to Chelsea not Mourinho's football. 2 different issues here, Mr. Doofus.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2009
To be sincere with you I don't think he was better than Avram Grant technically wise. Grant took Chelsea to the finals of CL, and almost won. His defeat was circumstantial.

Did Avram Grant win it? No, he also lost to Tottenham in the league cup final, Jose won 3 cups beating Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester only for the Jewish answer to Amodu to go and loose to Spurs…. Theirs no consolation for 2nd place
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2009
I said SAF and Wenger had young players in 2004 cos it was a period they were rebuilding and you are mentioning Roy Keane's transfer fees. . .
Even a goat woulda analysed the situation better. At least SAF made United rich from the brilliant football he made his team play.
It was Roman's money that brought success to Chelsea not Mourinho's football. 2 different issues here, Mr. Doofus.

DUMBO!!!

Wenger couldn’t spend because they had to finance the stadium…. And they had the team that went unbeaten the previous season Manchesters case the only two young players Mancester United bought were Rooney and Ronaldo that’s around £40m…the core of the,

You sound like someone who grew up on cow milk, stick to disney channel
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 4:04pm On Nov 27, 2009
omar22:

DUMBO!!!
Wenger couldn’t spend because they had to finance the stadium…. And they had the team that went unbeaten the previous season Manchesters case the only two young players Mancester United bought were Rooney and Ronaldo that’s around £40m…the core of the,
You sound like someone who grew up on cow milk, stick to disney channel

SPERMFLAKES must occupy the space your brain-cells should be. . . . .

Wenger doesn't spend much(stadium or not), you are too useless to comprehend basic concepts.
In SAF's case, he was rebuilding. He had too many ageing players and too many budding stars in his rank.
Mourinho came in fresh. . . .He was able to tap all the players on SAF's shopping list via Peter Kenyon and he was on a roll.

He had inarguably the best squad in the whole of Europe in 2004/5 and it woulda been a travesty if he didn't win the league with that team.
Because he wasn't special, he lost woefully to Liverpool. Chelsea's machine failed to score a single goal in 180 mins of UCL Semifinal footie.
They did not deserve to be in the final and things went tits up for him from that point. Roman lost his confidence in him and he started thrusting players on him thus the arrival of Shevchenko and Ballack.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2009
SPERMFLAKES must occupy the space your brain-cells should be. . . . .

Wenger doesn't spend much(stadium or not), you are too useless to comprehend basic concepts.
In SAF's case, he was rebuilding. He had too many ageing players and too many budding stars in his rank.
Mourinho came in fresh. . . .He was able to tap all the players on SAF's shopping list via Peter Kenyon and he was on a roll.

He had inarguably the best squad in the whole of Europe in 2004/5 and it woulda been a travesty if he didn't win the league with that team.
Because he wasn't special, he lost woefully to Liverpool. Chelsea's machine failed to score a single goal in 180 mins of UCL Semifinal footie.
They did not deserve to be in the final and things went tits up for him from that point. Roman lost his confidence in him and he started thrusting players on him thus the arrival of Shevchenko and Ballack.

Wow, do you want some biscuit? you know what? if you behave you would get a cup tea with it.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2009
omar22:

Wow, do you want some biscuit? you know what? if you behave you would get a cup tea with it.

Shove the biscuit up your ass and take 3 tablespoons of cyanide with your tepid tea.
Anuofia. cheesy
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 4:46pm On Nov 27, 2009
No one could still tell us why this genius has only won 3 CL games out of 13, why he has drawn 5 of those games mostly at home.

This is less than 25% winning rate playing against Anarthosis, Panathinaikos, Rubin Kazan and co
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2009
dayokanu:

No one could still tell us why this genius has only won 3 CL games out of 13, why he has drawn 5 of those games mostly at home.

This is less than 25% winning rate playing against Anarthosis, Panathinaikos, Rubin Kazan and co

The useless genius? grin grin grin grin

I mean look at his signings at Chelsea compared to Ranieri. grin grin grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Austin234(m): 5:08pm On Nov 27, 2009
I think this argument is uncalled for. Let us give accolades to whom it is due. It might be ur turn tomorrow
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2009
Shove the biscuit up your ass and take 3 tablespoons of cyanide with your tepid tea.
Anuofia.

Are we still on school holidays or half-time
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by youngbest(m): 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2009
fluke 4 sure
against barca he proved it
he couldnt even change tactics in d second half
in serie a no one really cares 4 d league title
cos dey belive juve has gone too far 2 b caght up wit
dats y milan doesnt fight 4 serie a
cos dey cant beat juve dere
dey can only beat juve internationally,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2009
No one still has explained why Jose has 3 wins and 5 draws in 13 CL games with Inter Milan in the CL.

The measure of a coach is in Europe and Jose has failed Inter in this regard
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by emyworld: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2009
why all these bickerings about mourinho. People gainst this man are the flike themselves because they refuse to acknowledge that this man has not lost a home game since he became a manager and has won all the league championship he has played thus far. He is an example of the fact that success is portable. Replicate your success in other clubs. Wenger was formerly in monaco, and now arsenal i cant remember the last time he won the league let alone CL. Benitez the same, Ferguson has been at man. almost all the years of his life, he has not replicated his successes in other clubs. You guys should still know that Mou is a genius. Believe it or not. Afterall besiktas beat manu at old trafford, does that make ferguson a less coaah. You guys should give me a big break. You are all bunch of hypocrites, fools that hate mou.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2009
dayokanu:

No one still has explained why Jose has 3 wins and 5 draws in 13 CL games with Inter Milan in the CL.

Dayokanu? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

U mean to say Jose has won just 3, drawing 5 and losing 5 in 13 UCL games with Inter?? shocked shocked shocked shocked
I didn't know Jose is this woeful. Abeg, he is an overrated piece of turd.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by WarfyBoy(m): 12:48am On Nov 28, 2009
@dayokanu

If you have any personal beef with Mou, try n look for a way to sort it out.

As far as i am concerned he's done alot and have achieved so much.

Imagine if given 22years to manage chelsea, we'd have surplus of CL's medals

If i may ask, Can you explain why Prof. Wenger have not won any SINGLE medal for the past 6 GOOD  years? If you can give me a reasonable explanation, then be sure i will xplain that of Mou.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by BrOwnSuga3: 1:11am On Nov 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

I am saying Avram Grant's achievement made me know Mourinho's success at Chelsea was over-rated.
The same team Mourinho moaned about and left was the same one Grant took to the UCL final in Moscow.

I am sorry Sauron, honestly this does not make any sense. sometimes you need luck to achieve success. I can remember Scolari once won World Cup with Brasil, but he could not put together a wining team as a chelsea manager. Please, dont let Mou's tempora failure in Europe over shadow his Sucess, if SAF can win just 2 CL after 22years in charge of ManU, then i can assure you that Mou will win 10 if given the chance

That is because Scolari does not have a brain. grin

How can a Brainless coach win a World Cup?

SAF's achievement in Aberdeen FC eclipsed whatever Mourinho did at Porto or Chelsea.

SAF spent 8 years in Aberden, but Mou's spent just 2 years in Porto and 4 years in Chelsea, 6yrs altogether [i stand to be corrected tho] what made u feel he will not achieve even more than SAF if given such a long time?

Look at this onanist.
So all these players were bought during Mourinho's stay in England?
You are a disgrace to the teachers that taught you logic in college.

Mou changed alot of things while at chelsea, dont even try to skip that,  when Scolari left Chelsea everybody celebrated and we were all happy, but when Mourinho left, everybody includin the players and Abra felt the pain. My dear, Mou is such a special manager, you cant change that, just live with it
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by vislabraye(m): 2:05am On Nov 28, 2009
People tend to base their arguments solely on trophies. Mourinho won the CL, therefore he's the greatest coach in the world. He won the league for chelsea, he won this , he won that. If any coach had the resources Mourinho had, they shouldn't do less. When Wenger reached the final of CL, how much did he spend? He had to cope with the strict resources he had but he was able to perform wonders for gunners. He's a unique coach; he builds talents and make them world class. He has worked with some of the best players in the world- Henry, Fabregas, Viera , George Weah to mention but a few. That is a genius.

When Ancelotti wins the CL for chelsea, then Mourinho would realize there's someone else above him, As for Avram Grant you guys are dissing, dont forget he started coaching Chelsea half way end of the season after Aston Villa had spanked them 2 - 0 under Mourinho. Grant had been under-rated more than any other coach which is unfair. I still believe he won the CL, technically speaking,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 4:55am On Nov 28, 2009
Interesting comments grin grin grin

Like my thermodynamics lecturer used to say years ago, lets start by the first principle. What is a genius and a fluke?

Dictionary says " natural ability or tendency; special mental endowments; exalted intellectual power, creative or inventive capacity "

Fluke is coincidence, accident and stroke of luck.

If i have tou use this meaning as a guide coupled with examples in the field of academics, JM is neither a genius or fluke

He's at the middle, maybe a genuisFluke grin grin grin

From my dwellings with this beautiful game, i dont know of any genius coach from the real meaning of it. Some coaches shows some of that traits at a point in time but are ordinary over a long period of time.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 5:05am On Nov 28, 2009
Some guys were recalling JM stardom to Paul scholes saga. Not at all.

Did Ramos ever won the champions league before he became most sought-after coach in europe? Did he?

Has he ever won the league? No sir

His emergence came from winning the uefa cup which my very good friend Jose had won earlier as well.

Ramos' wages in England ranked among the best(if not the highest paid then).

He failed in North london.

In spite of his failure in london, Real madrid still hire him and later sack him.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 7:48am On Nov 28, 2009

The longer this thread get the more looney people become, Fergie won the Scottish League and Cup winners Cup, Jose won Portuguese Liga, UEFA, CL and European Super cup, no matter how much you spend you could only play 11 players, Kevin Keegan broke all sorts of record but couldnt deliver the title
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 8:17am On Nov 28, 2009
Akolawole,

Simple question no one has been able to answer, Why is Jose on 3 wins in 13 CL games for Inter Milan, also 5 draws meaning he has failed to won 10 out of 13 games playing against Anarthosis Famagusta, Panathinaikos, Bremen, Rubin Kazan, Kiev, Man Utd and Barcelona
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by BrOwnSuga3: 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2009
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by WarfyBoy(m): 1:07pm On Nov 28, 2009
@dayokanu

Explain why Prof. Wenger have not won any SINGLE medal for the past 6 GOOD years? If you can give me a reasonable explanation, then be sure i will xplain that of Mou.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by GP15: 1:10pm On Nov 28, 2009

why not: No one has explained why a fluke coach has gone 125 league game unbeaten and has done it among the top team, the arsenal, manu, looserpool, juventus ac milan and co,

Rafael Benitez has only one 2 games in 11 matches in all competition does that make him a fluke,

guy Jose is a whole class, just admit it
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2009
omar22:

The longer this thread get the more looney people become,  Fergie won the Scottish League and Cup winners Cup, Jose won Portuguese Liga, UEFA, CL and European Super cup,   no matter how much you spend you could only play 11 players,  Kevin Keegan broke all sorts of record but couldnt deliver the title

You are a douche-cake.

Sir Alex Fergison won the 3 Scottish leagues, 4 Scottish Cups, 1 Scottish league cup(Carling cup equivalent), UEFA cup winners cup(UEFA cup equiv) and  1 UEFA Super cup with ABERDEEN. He broke the hold of OLD FIRM in Scotland with a mediocre club.

Now what makes Fergie great? Since he left Aberdeen in 1986(23 odd years ago), Aberdeen have not won their LEAGUE and neither have they won anything in Europe.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2009
BrOwn*Suga:

I am sorry Sauron, honestly this does not make any sense. sometimes you need luck to achieve success. I can remember Scolari once won World Cup with Brasil, but he could not put together a wining team as a chelsea manager. Please, dont let Mou's tempora failure in Europe over shadow his Sucess, if SAF can win just 2 CL after 22years in charge of ManU, then i can assure you that Mou will win 10  if given the chance

He won the World Cup with Brazil cos Brazil's passage to the World Cup Final was the easiest in the history of FIFA World Cup.
Turkey, China, Costa Rica and Belgium are not exactly World Class Teams.
Besides, he had the best squad in the whole tournament so YES. . . .A manager with half-a-brain can win the World Cup with Brazil. When you have Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Denilson, Cafu and Roberto Carlos playing for you. . . You are bound to win something.

Point of Correction. . . . .SAF did not need 22 years to win 2CL final @ Man Utd!!!
English teams were banned for 5 years between 85 and 90, only league winners are allowed to play in Elite Europe so do your calculations properly.
If you cannot get simple things like basic mathematics rightly, then there's no point having a debate with me.

SAF spent 8 years in Aberden, but Mou's spent just 2 years in Porto and 4 years in Chelsea, 6yrs altogether [i stand to be corrected tho] what made u feel he will not achieve even more than SAF if given such a long time?

SAF spent 8 years at Aberdeen on no BUDGET. It's like going to Blackburn FC and winning titles with them.
Mourinho spent years in Porto(24 league titles before Jose's arrival) and they have won 4 more titles since he left. . . .what makes Jose special?
He spent 4 years in Chelsea politicking with a squad worth £500 million. It will be a travesty if he did not win anything with Chelsea.

Mou changed alot of things while at chelsea, dont even try to skip that,  when Scolari left Chelsea everybody celebrated and we were all happy, but when Mourinho left, everybody includin the players and Abra felt the pain. My dear, Mou is such a special manager, you cant change that, just live with it

Abramovic felt the pain? Were you there to see anguish in Roman's face?
Nigerians and their sensationalism. grin grin grin grin grin  Roman kicked Mourinho out and he felt no pain.
Had Terry not slip in Moscow, kicking Mourinho out woulda vindicated Roman.

Jose Mourinho is a decent manager(nothing special)!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester City (1 - 0) On 15th August 2021 / Manchester United Vs Watford (3 - 0) On 23rd February 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.