Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,794 members, 7,841,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke (28561 Views)

Poll: Mourinho is

Over-rated: 36% (4 votes)
Simply good: 63% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Louis Van Gaal Still A Tactical Genius? / Genius Messi Breaks Another Record Set By Raul. / Cesc Fabregas - The Spanish Genius At The Heart Of Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by mystikal(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2009
special my butt!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Cokerr(m): 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2009
Very annoying,I really can't comprehend your IQ,you better quit 'beefing'.
for crying out loud,this intelligent and unique coach has got the record,what else do you want to rate him among the best.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2009
Intelligent and unique coach has 3 wins in 13 games. Unique indeed.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2009
Explain why Prof. Wenger have not won any SINGLE medal for the past 6 GOOD years? If you can give me a reasonable explanation, then be sure i will xplain that of Mou.

Yeah the only manager who has lost in the final of the:

(1) Cup winners cup
(2) UEFA Cup
(3) UEFA Champions League

You are a douche-cake.

Sir Alex Fergison won the 3 Scottish leagues, 4 Scottish Cups, 1 Scottish league cup(Carling cup equivalent), UEFA cup winners cup(UEFA cup equiv) and 1 UEFA Super cup with ABERDEEN. He broke the hold of OLD FIRM in Scotland with a mediocre club.

Now what makes Fergie great? Since he left Aberdeen in 1986(23 odd years ago), Aberdeen have not won their LEAGUE and neither have they won anything in Europe.

WOW!!!! I would save you a Mars bar or a TWIX Bar!!!

DUMBO

are we talking about the Aberdeen team that has Gordon Stratchan, Maghee, Leighton and Maclish, MaClair, and knowing that Dundee united won it the year before Fergie won it tells you how strong the old firm where then,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2009
Point of Correction. . . . .SAF did not need 22 years to win 2CL final @ Man Utd!!!
English teams were banned for 5 years between 85 and 90

Yeah like United came close to winning the league, He nearly got the bullet, Thank God for late equalizer
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2009
SAF spent 8 years at Aberdeen on no BUDGET. It's like going to Aston Villa and winning titles with them.
Mourinho spent years in Porto(24 league titles before Jose's arrival) and they have won 4 more titles since he left. . . .what makes Jose special?
He spent 4 years in Chelsea politicking with a squad worth £500 million. It will be a travesty if he did not win anything with Chelsea.

LOL, you sound like a scratched Vanilla Ice CD, How many Cups in Europe did Porto win before Jose got there?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2009
@Sauron

C'mon what is scottish cup?

Egyptian and Ivorian league are far far better grin

@Dayo

3 wins in 13 is nothing. The winner of champions league is not determined by points but Knockout.

If i am not wrong, JM won interlian league and was quarter finalist in his first year. He is still much in this years' one abi?

Who are the geniuses in today's football coaching?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 7:04pm On Nov 28, 2009
If today JM was hired by City or liverpool and he eventually won the premiership, the left-wingers will still say , well, there's nothing special about that, Any coach can do that grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2009
Over zealous mods. cheesy
I thought the site was programmed to remove obscene words?

It's only the sports section that is over moderated.
Leave the insults, its fun !!! tongue
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2009
What is Portugese cup? What is Carling cup Jose won with Chelsea? I will still reiterate SAF's achievement with Aberdeen is better than anything Jose Mourinho has won in his career.

Did SAF not win an European cup with Aberdeen? Beating the giants of Europe(Bayern and Real Madrid) on the way to win it?
Abi you think Aberdeen were funded by a Russian or a business mogul in the 80s?

your point is? Vialli won the Cup winners cup, Ericksson won it in 3 different clubs but you are so quick to bring up Aberdeen but when I bring Porto you go blank
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2009
omar22:

your point is? Vialli won the Cup winners cup, Ericksson won it in 3 different clubs but you are so quick to bring up Aberdeen but when I bring Porto you go blank

Only a womanliness-bucket like you would feel managing Aberdeen to beat Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win a European cup is child's play.
I have made ma point. . . . . .Nothing anyone tells me would change ma stance.
Mourinho is a decent brilliant manager. . . . . .Nothing special!!!!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2009
Dumbo

How strong were Munich and Madrid in the 80's
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 8:27pm On Nov 28, 2009
omar22:

Dumbo
How strong were Munich and Madrid in the 80's

Only an idiot will ask that kinda question.
A lobotomised idiot if i may add. grin grin grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2009
@Sauron

wow for your effort today , I would give you 2 Mars bars, and if you behave you would get a glass of milk
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2009
Akola
Quarter final of what did Jose play
You mean winning just 3 games in 13 does not matter? Coaching Inter Milan
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2009
Quote from Sharoun

What is Portugese cup? What is Carling cup Jose won with Chelsea? I will still reiterate SAF's achievement with Aberdeen is better than anything Jose Mourinho has won in his career.

SAF was in aberdeen bw 1978 to 1986 and won 3 league titles, 4 scottish cups, 1 scottish league, 1 cup winners cup and 1 european super cup. This was 1n 10 years.

JM within 2 years at Porto won portuguese leaugue twice, portuguese cup, UEFA cup and UEFA champions league.

Let just leave his laurels in London.

I hope you remember that scottish league is so low that a goal scored in there is not equivalent a goal scored in other part of europe. It is that lowwwwwww.

@Dayo and Sharoun

Who are the coaches in today's world that are genuises?

@Dayo

knockout stage not 1/4 final as stated in earlier post.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 1:54am On Nov 29, 2009
Akolawole,

Ottmar Hitzfeld won the CL with Borrousia Dortmund and with Bayern Munich.

Akolawole,

Any coach with 3 wins in 13 CL games playing Famagusta, Panathinaikos, Bremen, Rubin Kazan is not worthy of being called a top coach.

Mourinho is far from a genius even his credential as a top coach is in doubt based on Inter's CL performance, What could be responsible for that woeful record
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 4:10am On Nov 29, 2009
Akolawole:

Quote from Sharoun

SAF was in aberdeen bw 1978 to 1986 and won 3 league titles, 4 scottish cups, 1 scottish league, 1 cup winners cup and 1 european super cup. This was 1n 10 years.

JM within 2 years at Porto won portuguese leaugue twice, portuguese cup, UEFA cup and UEFA champions league.

Porto and Benfica are the best teams in Portugal
Aberdeen FC is not even in the top 5 teams in Scotland. SAF winning those titles within a span of 8 years is like Martin O' Neill winning league titles ahead of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. Stop comparing Porto who have won league titles after Jose's departure to Aberdeen who last won a league title under the stewardship of Ferguson.

I hope you remember that scottish league is so low that a goal scored in there is not equivalent a goal scored in other part of europe. It is that lowwwwwww.

U can only beat what is put in front of you.
Is Portugese league not low? A goal scored in Portugal is not counted like the ones scored in England so you don't have a point.
Jose Mourinho is decent BUT not special!!!!!

@Dayo and Sharoun
Who are the coaches in today's world that are genuises?

Jose won't be in top 5.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by yousouph(m): 6:47am On Nov 29, 2009
A good coach, special with his mouth, not genius and not a fluke.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 11:01am On Nov 29, 2009
You mean winning just 3 games in 13 does

Its called nip picking!!! at the end of his career they look at his achievement and not the games he won

Rafa Benithez won 2 in the last 11 games, he is been demonised,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2009
Nip picking what?

3 wins in 13 games which span 2 seasons cant be described as nip picking.

I didnt make this thread after just one season, I gave him the benefit of doubt after the first season winning 2 out of 8. This season he has only won 1 game in 5.

If ill-luck extends over 2 seasons against low profile teams then we need to check the coach out.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2009
dayokanu:

Akolawole,

Ottmar Hitzfeld won the CL with Borrousia Dortmund and with Bayern Munich.

So winning champions league twice make coach a genius. You are not just serious.

Was he not the same coach that through his using “sleeping tablets” allows United to steal the cup in 1999? What a genius he is!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 10:09pm On Nov 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

Aberdeen FC is not even in the top 5 teams in Scotland. SAF winning those titles within a span of 8 years is like Martin O' Neill winning league titles ahead of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. Stop comparing Porto who have won league titles after Jose's departure to Aberdeen who last won a league title under the stewardship of Ferguson.

Jose won't be in top 5.

1) Aberdeen cannot win it now because Scottish league had moved up from its usual “ajegunle” standard. Its like the-then Liverpool.

2) For the 3rd time, name the geniuses for us ooooooooo.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2009
Akolawole:

1) Aberdeen cannot win it now because Scottish league had moved up from its usual “ajegunle” standard. Its like the-then Liverpool.

Same logic applies to Porto.
Porto/Benfica can NEVER win the UCL.

2) For the 3rd time, name the geniuses for us ooooooooo.

In no particular order:

Vincente Del Bosque
SAF
Guardiola
Ancellotti
Hitzfeld
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by sayso: 8:42am On Nov 30, 2009
fluke
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 8:49am On Nov 30, 2009
Any coach with 3 wins in 13 CL games playing Famagusta, Panathinaikos, Bremen, Rubin Kazan is not worthy of being called a top coach.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 12:08pm On Nov 30, 2009

What would your life be like if you did not care what other people thought of you? If you were completely independent of people’s opinions, good or bad, and would go about your day without so much as a single self-conscious decision. It would be wonderful freedom, of course. You would feel free to do what you wanted, and have a clarity of mind that comes with not being constantly preoccupied with thinking about the judgment of those around you.

Looking at our current state of affairs, it would seem that the culture we humans have created for ourselves is driven by “what other people think,” the tension between the desire for approval and the fear of disapproval. Businesses, families, friendships, sports, politics; everything is, if not completely driven by this tension, at the very least heavily influenced by it. And this we can see very clearly when looking for it, how much our motivation for doing things arises in the concern for what the world thinks. It is a feeling that your very existence relies on other people’s judgment of you; that you exist only as a mental image in other people’s minds. Which is mostly unconscious, of course, because when we drag it up to the surface and into the light we can see clearly just how insane it really is.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Cristalz(f): 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2009
Omar, going philosophical? grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Ibime(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2009
omar22:

What would your life be like if you did not care what other people thought of you? If you were completely independent of people’s opinions, good or bad, and would go about your day without so much as a single self-conscious decision. It would be wonderful freedom, of course. You would feel free to do what you wanted, and have a clarity of mind that comes with not being constantly preoccupied with thinking about the judgment of those around you.

Looking at our current state of affairs, it would seem that the culture we humans have created for ourselves is driven by “what other people think,” the tension between the desire for approval and the fear of disapproval. Businesses, families, friendships, sports, politics; everything is, if not completely driven by this tension, at the very least heavily influenced by it. And this we can see very clearly when looking for it, how much our motivation for doing things arises in the concern for what the world thinks. It is a feeling that your very existence relies on other people’s judgment of you; that you exist only as a mental image in other people’s minds. Which is mostly unconscious, of course, because when we drag it up to the surface and into the light we can see clearly just how insane it really is.

WTF is this bruv?

Answer the brothers question and stop this megedefegede. How is it possible that JM has only won once in 13 games against the likes of Famagusta and Panathinaikos?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2009
Ibime:

WTF is this bruv?

Answer the brothers question and stop this megedefegede. How is it possible that JM has only won once in 13 games against the likes of Famagusta and Panathinaikos?
Bros i tire.
That question has remained unanswered for almost a week.instead all we read about is some silly home unbeaten record.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 12:58pm On Nov 30, 2009
You guys are concerned whether someone is a genius or a fluke whereas over £400000 would go into his account in salary,

I would rather have a lucky general than a smart general--------Napoleon
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 30, 2009
omar22:

You guys are concerned whether someone is a genius or a fluke whereas over £400000 would go into his account in salary,

I would rather have a lucky general than a smart general--------Napoleon
Diversionary answer.Please answer the question everybody has been asking:3 wins from 13 against Famagousta,Panathaniakos etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Leicester City - (1 - 1) On 7th July 2020 / Manchester United Vs Watford (3 - 0) On 23rd February 2020 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (3 - 1) On 11th November 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.