Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:40 AM

Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke (28658 Views)

Poll: Mourinho is

Over-rated: 36% (4 votes)
Simply good: 63% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Louis Van Gaal Still A Tactical Genius? / Genius Messi Breaks Another Record Set By Raul. / Cesc Fabregas - The Spanish Genius At The Heart Of Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

In no particular order:

Vincente Del Bosque
SAF
Guardiola
Ancellotti
Hitzfeld

I see!

They all have something in common. Winning champions league grin

## Ancelotti was in milan for 8 years and won champions league twice and 1 league title make him a genius abi! shocked grin

Was he not that coach that his team was leading by 3 goals in champions league final and yet still lose that match

## Baba Fergie won CL twice in 22 years shocked and several local thingy in england make him a Genius

## Vicente was at Madrid when they have Zidane,Ronaldo,Makalele, Figo etc and won several champions league. Even onigbinde can do that!

## Guardiola sat on the team of the decade and won everything last season. is that a signature of Genius?

Where would you put Mr Wenger?

Like i have said earlier, i dont think we have any geniuses in today's footie, i could have chosen Guys hindik but when i think deeply, i felt he is not one but a good coach.

@Dayo

3 win in 13 champions league match is bad but on record was he the first coach to have that? Is any of the so called genuises immune from that?

@ Eastbay

None of us knows the contract of employment of these coaches. It would be a stupid of us to say that Ancelloti was hired to win champions league for chelsea.

Its absolute nonsense.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by vislabraye(m): 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2009
@ Moderator, what is this useless post by ssn doing in here. It should be deleted ASAP

Hitze,  Otterfield should be in the premiership for Arsenal. Though i would say Wenger is a genius, his Ijebu nature is sabotaging his efforts.

For those saying Mourinho is a genius because he's young and that he has won the championship, what would u say about Pep Guardiola who is younger and has won the the CL and La Liga title  in his first coaching career?

I don't see the difference Mourinho has brought to Inter. Mancini has won the Seria A title which Jose has won with a lot of expenses. For a team like Inter with an array of world class players, they should do more than just winning 3 CL games out of 13
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2009
Diversionary answer.Please answer the question everybody has been asking:3 wins from 13 against Famagousta,Panathaniakos etc.

I believe you have Jose's number, you could call him up and ask him

Vicente was at Madrid when they have Zidane,Ronaldo,Makalele, Figo etc and won several champions league. Even onigbinde can do that!

Vicente had no say, its either Raul or Hierro who dictates to him, he was promoted from Youth team when Toshack was sacked, he had no idea who to buy because Sanz and Perez bought him players and was sacked because he couldnt control the big ego's in the team,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2009
omar,
Please answer the question.
Let's be serious.
How come we're dodging the issue?
You've brought up JM's records past,but the one that seriously questions his credibility keeps defying answers from you and his fellow defenders.
this argument would not have taken place if JM didn't christen himself the special fluke one,and gullible people like you didn't fall for his gimmick.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by tkb417(m): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2009
Dayo

3 win in 13 champions league match is bad but on record was he the first coach to have that? Is any of the so called genuises immune from that?
i think Akola has a point

even a genius will have his bad spell

all the coaches i know have had seasons they'll wish never to remember

Jose's story cannot be different from others and by the way, he has won everythin apart from WC

make we relax abeg
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2009
Akola,
Why then did Inter sack Mancini after winning the league on countless occassions?
JM is yet to do anything special compared to Mancini at Inter.
everybody knows JM  was hired to take Inter to the next level.Surely that has to be in the CL.
Besides,even if that was not the case,JM's record is abyssmal by any standards.
You talk of fergie.at least he has won it twice.What then will you say of Lippi?
Infact,you shouldn't be blasting Del Bosque's record.How dare you compare him to Onigbinde?Didn'tQuiroz take over from that same squad without winning anything?
Guardiola should actually be the special one.he won a treble in his first season after dispersing of Ronaldinho and Deco.You talk of team of the decade.who crafts those teams?
JM should be flogged for that display at the nou camp.
Special should never have been attachedto that over-rated guy.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by vislabraye(m): 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2009
I prefer to call Ancelotti a genius rather than Mou. Ancelotti has achieved more than Mourinho but he's still level headed and free from controversy. He might win the CL for Chelsea. Wenger is a genius; even though he is a genius businessman. His own definition of success is to yield more money. But he's a good tactician
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2009
tk,
Nobody is anointing anybody a genius.
JM did it by himself,(i.e. by proclaiming to be special) and he gives us this shabby record.All we are saying is let him explain how a poor record can be attributed to a genius.a genius makes things work when he gets on the scene.How come a genius can't find the formula to beat the rag-tag squads ?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 5:18pm On Nov 30, 2009
Akolawole:

I see!
They all have something in common. Winning champions league grin

It's the biggest prize in club football.

## Ancelotti was in milan for 8 years and won champions league twice and 1 league title make him a genius abi! shocked grin

Was he not that coach that his team was leading by 3 goals in champions league final and yet still lose that match

Liverpool cheated. . . . . .Gerrard dived to win a penalty.

## Baba Fergie won CL twice in 22 years shocked and several local thingy in england make him a Genius

Ferguson did not play in Europe until 1990.
SAF won 3 European cups in 18 years.

## Vicente was at Madrid when they have Zidane,Ronaldo,Makalele, Figo etc and won several champions league. Even onigbinde can do that!

Why didn't Jose win the CL with a team worth £500 million?

## Guardiola sat on the team of the decade and won everything last season. is that a signature of Genius?

Rijkaard failed with the same team so Guardiola is special.

Where would you put Mr Wenger?

He is a genius. I just named the top 5 that are better than Mourinho in this day n age.

Like i have said earlier, i dont think we have any geniuses in today's footie, i could have chosen Guys hindik but when i think deeply, i felt he is not one but a good coach.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a genius.
If you don't think winning 11 EPL titles is a sign of ingenuity then i cannot help you.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2009
@Dayo

I personally dont know a TOP coach with a top team that has 3 wins in 13 CL games spanning 2 seasons with some of the best players in the world in the squad (Etoo, Maicon, Zlatan, Julio Cesar)

@ Eastbay
None of us knows the contract of employment of these coaches. It would be a stupid of us to say that Ancelloti was hired to win champions league for chelsea.
Its absolute nonsense.

Inter had already won the Serie A 3 times in a row So by employing Mourinho, what do you think they were trying to do?

Win the League for the 4th time or win the Coppa Italia?
Inter had already colonised the Serie A pre Mourinho So what has he done since joining Inter Milan
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 7:42pm On Nov 30, 2009
Wenger is a genius; even though he is a genius businessman. His own definition of success is to yield more money. But he's a good tactician

Arsene Wenger failed where Vialli, George Graham, Gerald Houllier, Juande Ramos etc all succeeded,  and you call him a genius and Jose a fluke,

omar,
Please answer the question.
Let's be serious.
How come we're dodging the issue?
You've brought up JM's records past,but the one that seriously questions his credibility keeps defying answers from you and his fellow defenders.
this argument would not have taken place if JM didn't christen himself the special fluke one,and gullible people like you didn't fall for his gimmick.

I Don’t need to answer your question, like Alex Ferguson always say “the league doesn’t lie” Jose has won a league in 3 countries, I don’t care how much he spent, so far he didnt buy a 3 legged player or a player with 2 heads, and he didn’t use 12 players…
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 4:35am On Dec 01, 2009
He doesn't buy 3 legged players yet he couldn't win more than 3 games out of 13
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 01, 2009
omar,
Still answer the question.
It's not only mine.It's also Dayokanu's,Ibime's Sauron's etc.
Do not run
3 and 13 does not lie.
Yes Leagues don't lie.But we're talking champons league here.Where the great minds meet.
I repeat:if anyone deserves to be called Special,it's guardiola,not that mass of moving mouth called JM who even christened himself Special and has no CL record to back it up.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2009
But we're talking champions league here.Where the great minds meet

Yeah, 2004 Winner is Jose Mourinho, your point is (OFF POINT)

I wont bate to your Nip Picking, 3 out 13 wow big deal!! is that the best you could dig out of a managers career? you sound like a person who spend your who life looking for the negative in a person, am sorry to burst your bubble, if Jose becomes available TODAY, a bidding war would start immediately

FAILURE IS AN EVENT; NOT A PERSON,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by vislabraye(m): 2:12pm On Dec 01, 2009
I don't think anyone is saying Mou is a bad coach. But the fact is that he is over rated, where as there are other coaches who have more decent record than he does. As they say in marketing, the best way to sell your product is by word of mouth. Jose understands this, and thats what he's using.
If we use a well defined parameter to judge the best coach, he wouldnt fall within the 1st five, but within the 1st 10
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2009
Eastbay:

Akola,
1) Why then did Inter sack Mancini after winning the league on countless occassions?
JM is yet to do anything special compared to Mancini at Inter.

2) everybody knows JM was hired to take Inter to the next level.Surely that has to be in the CL.
b)Besides,even if that was not the case,JM's record is abyssmal by any standards.
c) You talk of fergie.at least he has won it twice.What then will you say of Lippi?

3) Infact,you shouldn't be blasting Del Bosque's record.How dare you compare him to Onigbinde?Didn'tQuiroz take over from that same squad without winning anything?

4)Guardiola should actually be the special one.he won a treble in his first season after dispersing of Ronaldinho and Deco.You talk of team of the decade.who crafts those teams?

5) JM should be flogged for that display at the nou camp.
Special should never have been attachedto that over-rated guy.

Here we go
1) How do Mancini won those 3 league titles that you tagged Countless? How!
2005-2006 season: Juventus won the title by 91 points but was stripped of the title to 76 points Inter. Champions my f**t.
2006-2007 season: With Juve relegated, Points deducted from Milan Fiorentina and Lazio, Is there any contender?
2007-2008 season: Inter won the league on the last day of the championship grin

Can you compare their domination to United's three in a row? cry

Jose came and won it clearly (as usual grin)

2)Which everybody? Were you in the corridors of power in San siro? NONSENSE! . The same way some nonnentities were telling me Ancelotti will be sacked if chelsea failed to win the champions league. Nonsense!

2b) Its indeed an abysmal record but still on the verge of qualifying for next round angry

2c) SAF won it twice abi. 3 champions league in 18 years. Thats a ratio of 1 out of 6 years and Mr Jose mourinho have done that even in style grin cool

3) In fact steve mclaren can do that tongue

4) Does Pepe craft that team? I am sure you watch Barca in 95,96 upward.

5) If Jose could be flogged for that, SAF should be stripped naked @manchester city centre and beaten for their dispaly at san siro 3 seasons ago. "ari teni ma wi, afi apadi bo ti e mole(speaking in tongue) grin
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6603095.stm
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2009
Eastbay:

If JM christened himself special, do you have problem with that?

Does that mean he is a genius?

Does that mean he is the best in the world?

Longman dictionary of contemporary english is a cheap as tissue paper grin Or Debosky can always help us with meaning. The undisputed nairaland dictionary.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2009
5) If Jose could be flogged for that, SAF should be stripped naked @manchester city centre and beaten for their dispaly at san siro 3 seasons ago. "ari teni ma wi, afi apadi bo ti e mole(speaking in tongue)

Alex Ferguson had no clue on stopping Kaka, God Bless Jose Mourinho, Kaka would be squeezed out of the game Tactically
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2009
@Sharoun

11 titles in 22 years abi. Ratio 1 to 2

3 champions league in 18 years. Ratio 1 to 6

If we have to go by your analogy, Honourable JM is a genius grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 01, 2009
Akola,
studying Barca tells me that the treble winning team is HIS team.
Key players like Deco and Ronaldinho were flushed out of the team.Yaya Toure,Seidu Keita,Dani Alves were brought in while peple like Busquets and Pedro were brought in from the youth team.
Iniesta was promoted from a bit-part player under Rijkaard to a first eleven player.
Mesi was given a free role,unlike under Rijkaard.
Tell me how guardiola can't take credit for transforming a team that went trophiless for two seasons to a treble in less than 12 calendar months.
omar22:

Yeah, 2004 Winner is Jose Mourinho, your point is (OFF POINT)

I wont bate to your Nip Picking, 3 out 13 wow big deal!! is that the best you could dig out of a managers career? you sound like a person who spend your who life looking for the negative in a person, am sorry to burst your bubble, if Jose becomes available TODAY, a bidding war would start immediately

FAILURE IS AN EVENT; NOT A PERSON,

Still beating around the bush and making excuses for a fluke,just because you're still fantasizing about him.
If he was as special as he thinks he is, the (fluke) 2004 win won't be all you his fans still hold on to.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by tkb417(m): 4:16pm On Dec 01, 2009
omar22:

Alex Ferguson had no clue on stopping Kaka, God Bless Jose Mourinho, Kaka would be squeezed out of the game Tactically
i tot Jose was clueless in thier last game against Barca
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2009
Akola,
Just the same way you want to rubbish mancini is the same way I'm picking holes in your Mourinho.
Regardlessof the match-fixing,inter have won 3 titles in a row.
You bring up United's three in a row;2007-08 United won the title on the last day.so what's different from the Inter winning on the last day?

Anyhow you win,you win.
If I say JM ws extremely lucky in 2004,you and your fellow legions of Jm disciples will start shouting.

JM was clueless against United last season,this season over two games he was inept and dumbfounded against Barca.Wetin again?
Over-rated piece of mouth.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2009
@Eastbay

I think you should feel ashamed of choosing few games against Jose.

I can pick tens of games against your so called genius

I remembered few guys on Nairaland who i feel need to visit Conac optical centre in Ibadan was all over Seun's page clamouring that Jose's last league campaign in London was bad bad. I have to show it to them that Jose's chelsea was in 5th position(the same league points as eventual champion in United).

If JM wins a match, they will say its no biggie, anyone can do that. If he lost they will say Ha, after his big mouth. They will always have something to say. If fergie lose, he's rebuilding and AW because he is nurturing kids. grin

There is always a ready made excuse if their manager fails

Tell me what happen to United in San siro. Was Baba NOT clueless?

What happen to Pepe at home to that yeye team in champions league?

If JM comes to City or Liverpool and as usual win the league, they will still say NO BIGGIE grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2009
JM was clueless against United last season,this season over two games he was inept and dumbfounded against Barca.Wetin again?

And Fergie was genius against Barcelona? wow!!! he was so great his team only managed to play for the first 10 minutes of the game,

Still beating around the bush and making excuses for a fluke,just because you're still fantasizing about him.
If he was as special as he thinks he is, the (fluke) 2004 win won't be all you his fans still hold on to.

ha ha ha ha what was the score in the final?

he didnt he 120 minutes or an injury time to win it

you know what?

You concentrate on Jose's flaws,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2009
Eastbay:

Akola,
Just the same way you want to rubbish mancini is the same way I'm picking holes in your Mourinho.
Regardlessof the match-fixing,inter have won 3 titles in a row.
You bring up United's three in a row;2007-08 United won the title on the last day.so what's different from the Inter winning on the last day?

I have showned it to you how they won the NOISY 3 league titles. 1 through the back door, 1 while the major contestant was disadvantaged and the other one on the last day of the league but Check out JM's one in Porto, chelsea and Inter. Wonderful!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2009
Eastbay:

If I say JM ws extremely lucky in 2004,you and your fellow legions of Jm disciples will start shouting.

JM dont need 2004 to get to where he is at the moment. Did Ramos win the champions league? Yet all teams is falling over themselves to secure his signature?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2009
omar22:

1) And Fergie was genius against Barcelona? wow!!! he was so great his team only managed to play for the first 10 minutes of the game,

ha ha ha ha what was the score in the final?

he didnt he 120 minutes or an injury time to win it

you know what?

2) You concentrate on Jose's flaws,

(1 and 2) Their own will never be mentioned on Nairaland but if jose lost a leauge match there will be about 10 threads launched as if he's not human at all.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2009
Its still beat my imagination how a so called TOP coach would win 3 CL games in 13 playing Famagusta, Panathinaikos, Rubin Kazan and Kiev and drawing over 60% of games at home.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2009
Akolawole:

Here we go

Yes, lemme destroy each point brick by brick.

1) How do Mancini won those 3 league titles that you tagged Countless? How

History has shown he won those titles. I don't care how they were won!
Jose won 2 EPL titles in a row with a £500 million squad when his rivals(Arsenal and Man Utd) were rebuilding.
While Fergie was developing Rooney/Ronaldo and Arsene Wenger was working on Cesc/Clichy, Jose was acquiring Drogba(£24 million), Essien(£24 million), Carvalho(£20 million), SWP(£21 million) and many other failed projects.

2005-2006 season: Juventus won the title by 91 points but was stripped of the title to 76 points Inter. Champions my f**t.

Juventus were able to cop those 91 points because they were fixing matches to win.
If Inter fixed matches, they woulda copped 100 points so this point is baseless.

2006-2007 season: With Juve relegated, Points deducted from Milan Fiorentina and Lazio, Is there any contender?

Why did they cheat in the first place?
Since they got restored back to Serie A, have they(Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio) won the league?
So either way, they can't be compete with Mancini's Inter: That was why they cheated.

2007-2008 season: Inter won the league on the last day of the championship grin

United won the league on the last day in 1999(The year they won their TREBLE).
What has that gotta do with anything. In 2008(When they won the European double), United won the league on the last day.

Can you compare their domination to United's three in a row? cry

It's the same thing.
Winning 3 in a row is winning 3 in a row. There's no domination.
Liverpool played the best football last season. . . . . .Arsenal played the best footie in 2007/8.
There was never a time United dominated in the last 2 seasons. . . . .Their strength in depth and winning mentality took them through.

Jose came and won it clearly (as usual grin)

Something Mancini done with EASE in the previous 3 seasons before Jose. What has changed?

2b) Its indeed an abysmal record but still on the verge of qualifying for next round angry

He will meet SAF's United again and get disgraced like it happened last season.
Jose lost out without scoring a goal against Fergie's team. No fight, no tactical nous, no strength.

2c) SAF won it twice abi. 3 champions league in 18 years. Thats a ratio of 1 out of 6 years and Mr Jose mourinho have done that even in style grin cool

What style?
Jose won TWICE in Europe. SAF has won 4 times in Europe with more than half-a-dozen semi-final games.
Let it be known Jose Mourinho can never win in Europe with Inter. He did not win it with Chelsea(£500 million squad).

4) Does Pepe craft that team? I am sure you watch Barca in 95,96 upward.

Pepe instilled the winning mentality that Rijkaard lost.
He made em hungry and his efforts paid off. He weeded off the bad eggs in the team(Ronaldinho and Co.).

5) If Jose could be flogged for that, SAF should be stripped naked @manchester city centre and beaten for their dispaly at san siro 3 seasons ago. "ari teni ma wi, afi apadi bo ti e mole(speaking in tongue) grin
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6603095.stm

SAF against Milan WITHOUT his back four.
If i remember correctly, Evra and Rio Ferdinand missed both legs.
Vidic missed the tie at OT and was rushed back for the 2nd leg in San Siro.

Jose Mourinho had no injury worries when United disgraced em HOME and AWAY last season.
According to Dayokanu's findings, Mourinho has only won 3 UCL games in 13 attempts against mediocre clubs that are not even ranked in Europe.
Jose Mourinho is a disgrace to himself and his employers.

That is ALL.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2009
Jose Mourinho had no injury worries when United disgraced em HOME and AWAY last season.
According to Dayokanu's findings, Mourinho has only won 3 UCL games in 13 attempts against mediocre clubs that are not even ranked in Europe.
Jose Mourinho is a disgrace to himself and his employers.

Add home draws to Man Utd, Barca, Bremen, Kiev

Let it be known that Jose has won just one CL game at San Siro an impressive 1-0 over Anarthosis Famagusta cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Krayola(m): 6:29pm On Dec 01, 2009
haha. the title of this thread alone guarantees an endless debate. . .

He is no genius and he is no fluke. Inter has been bad in the CL but that isn't all inter has competed in under Mourinho. And if you look at his achievements at other clubs I think it'll be hard for you to say he isn't a very good coach.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2009
Krayola:

haha. the title of this thread alone guarantees an endless debate. . .

He is no genius and he is no fluke. Inter has been bad in the CL but that isn't all inter has competed in under Mourinho. And if you look at his achievements at other clubs I think it'll be hard for you to say he isn't a very good coach.

Is he a genius?
Is he SPECIAL?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply)

Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal (3 - 0) On 4th April 2022 / Liverpool Vs Benfica UCL (3 - 3) On 13th April 2022 / Everton Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 17th March 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.