Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,120 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order (59042 Views)

Deborah Eneche Called To Bar (Photos) / Joys Oyedepo Celebrates Her Birthday (Bishop David Oyedepo's Last Born) / Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo Saves Lady From 30 Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by babyhrt(m): 5:46pm On Jan 13, 2017
Tonye.....you are an idiot.

6 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by MrAJQ(m): 5:46pm On Jan 13, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
The truth is that the OP is just looking for a cheap popularity, with thousands of HATE SPEECHES all over the Northern naija has he for once said anything to condemn those ani mals. They keep killing innocent Christians and you expect us to fold our arms and watch them slaughter us. Truth is that we can't fold our hands while they kill innocent children and women while we wait for a government that don't value human lives....

THESE CRIMINALS FROM BUHARI's TRIBE ROAM ABOUT KILLING AND DESTROYING HUMAN BEINGS AND THE OP EXPECTS US TO WATCH WHILE ALL THESE ACTS ARE BEING DONE....

What will you do when a fu la ni comes to attack your wife/baby, probably you going to act like Jesus by allowing them kill your family and pray that God would forgive them smh

Come and kill me. Maybe the fool has never been to North

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Rushmore(f): 5:47pm On Jan 13, 2017
Make una no mind Op, dem don use him sense do MMM! angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
If Nnamdi Kanu or Asari made the comment I won't bother, but Oyedepo must not be allowed to incite or abuse the pulpit with apostasy `

Which pulpit? What you know about pulpit?

4 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Rilwayne001: 5:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
yaki84:
Op na afonja.........

Coward n a betrayer.

Infact op na tonye iscariot!

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by pchukwudi: 5:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
You are in no position to tell Oyedepo what is Christian like and what is not.

TonyeBarcanista:

Unfortunately, making inciting statements only worsen the problem and causes more deaths. FACT! Beside, it is 100% Unchristian-like and absolutely unlawful

7 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Iykopeee: 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
The govt does things that aren't meant to be known sometimes. This time, their cover up failed woefully. How could u preach Jesus Christ and his principle to people who are under predetermined extermination by the govt they elected to power? I mean its crazy from natural outlook. If the statements credited to oyedepo was true, well, its a sign the govt has failed woefully to protect lives and properties.

If I may ask, what's wrong with oyedepo's statement in view of the fact that the govt can't live up to its responsibility?

8 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by saintmark88(m): 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
thesicilian:
This OP must be a terrorist. Calling on Christians to defend themselves against the marauding beasts from the north is against the Nigerian law, but the actions of the attackers is not?

How do u know its only christains that are killed in southern kaduna??
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by buchilino(m): 5:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Lol the terrorist is one that calls for killing against another group...

Look at the mirror bro

I LIKE MANY OF UR WRITE-UPS, BUT ON DIS ISSUE, I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH U. DO U NO Y D JEWS R STILL A NATION 2DAY?, COS DEY DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH DER ENEMIES.

8 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Denko2721987(m): 5:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
some pathetic people be always forming political correct while their enemies be slaughtering their brothers and r.aping their sisters in their backyard.. Keeping forming Political correct ok, one day poo would hit ur fan personally then u would understand how it feels to have ur people or relative killed senselessly for no reason by some marauding barbarians not even worthy enough to wipe ur a.s.s...

8 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by toyinid78: 5:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
Muslims preach d killing of christians at iyana ipaja bustop every day nobody says any thing now d christain. Av some one to. Talk for dem. It is now a sin,I pray fulani will vsist every nigerian state n let's see if d man of God is stupid

4 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
Perhaps in the time of Jesus people who were bent on wiping out whole villages did not exist. Stay alive, don't be a victim.

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by able20(m): 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2017
Since the Patron of the Fulani herdsmen became President, his men have gone on killing Spree.
The pastor is angry that buhari and other herdsmen elders are doing nothing to stop the killing.

5 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by ArthurADM(m): 5:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
Tonyebarcanista don't cross your boundary without first confirming from God who inspired his speech

Be very careful through prayers

May be when your family is visited by herdsmen then will you reason properly angry

Have they visited you? Oya start talking
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Eluwilussit(m): 5:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
signature2012:

Gerrout from my mention.You are their this criminals call fulani herdsmen are killing peole in different part of the country,the shortee of a governor after so many weeks in which the deed was done,called for a meetimg with the military,you could not write about him nor the president who kept mum not until so many weeks,but he his very ready to fight for gambia.
Jusy imagine you have a relative as one of the victims,you wont open that your mouth to utter bullsh!t.

Tonye Iscariot has gone mad. Don't take him serious. As a matter of fact, not just Christians but all the tribes should team up and crush these vermins called fulani herdsmen. Enough of these stupid excuses.

If Jesus is coming back to punish sinners, what moral justification does anyone have to condemn someone who fights in self defense? Christians have become too cowardly and we cite the bible at every opportunity to mask our timidity. Such a pity. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by uvalued(m): 5:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Look at the mirror bro

bros on this one you goofed... self defence is the way to go.... kaduna has military and police barracks sprawling from zaria,jaji,kaduna down to kachia and what do we have the govnor did... simply shouting rubbish and even with a curfew... lives was wasted by the maruders.. what... bros Jesus said be wise as serpend but gentle as dove....we have been gentle like doves but wise as serpent we have been fools.... time to be wise....

6 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Look at the mirror bro

So he would have looked away just like your men 'good men' like pmb, el-ruffai, sultan of sokoto, council of imans and ulamad, the nigerian army and the nigerian police that chose to look away, abi?

Remember that evil thrives when good men do nothing or look away. I am not saying that those your men I mentioned are anything good, remember.

3 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by idupaul: 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
The OP is clearly not thinking straight

6 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by godoluwa(m): 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Read your Bible
obo laagido
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Rilwayne001: 5:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
Rushmore:
Make una no mind Op, dem don use him sense do MMM! angry angry

Bwahaha grin

6 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by bishopkay: 5:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
Tonye you are very stupid to have written this angry angry angry
Did you write lengthy articles when Christians were being murdered at southern kaduna?

Did you say anything when Elrufai and others were saying their gibberish prior to the general elections? Ooo I forgot you were still shouting sai baba!

You are irrelevant so stop carrying yourself like you are relevant. Now please shut ur mouth and sit in a corner.

Rubbish

10 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by oskaaay(m): 5:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
GOD KNOWS BETTER WHAT IS UNCLEAR TO MAN
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
Eluwilussit:

Tonye Iscariot has gone mad. Don't take him serious. As a matter of fact, not just Christians but all the tribes should team up and crush these vermins called fulani herdsmen. Enough of these stupid excuses.

If Jesus is coming back to punish sinners, what moral justification does anyone have to condemn someone who fights in self defense? Christians have become too cowardly and we cite the bible at every opportunity to mask our timidity. Such a pity. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Tonye is like his brother amechi judas.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
buchilino:

I LIKE MANY OF UR WRITE-UPS, BUT ON DIS ISSUE, I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH U. DO U NO Y D JEWS R STILL A NATION 2DAY?, COS DEY DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH DER ENEMIES.
Are you speaking as a Christian?
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by ArthurADM(m): 5:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
Adeboye don dey prepare to rest; emekuku still dey show emself pass scheme of work wey God give am.... His just giving out his church as the next target...
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by heysquare(m): 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
cowards ppl supporting thr coward papa. hw many of u wud go ahead and start killing? d Man dat has d key to hell is not powerful enough to use prayer to destroy boko haram and fulani herdsman. u ppl shud start d killing and rmmber ro bind d reprisal attack cos u wont find t funny

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by henryskywalker2003(m): 5:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

I read the well publicized article in which respected Bishop David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel called for the killing and sliding of throats of potential Muslims/Fulani attackers. In the words of Oyedepo

“You catch anyone that looks like them, kill him! There is no reporting to anybody. Kill him! Pull off his neck! And we spill his blood on the ground. What nonsense.”

Bishop Oyedepo Views Against Christian Doctrine:
The call by Bishop Oyedepo with due respect goes contrary to the Christian teachings going by what is recorded in the Bible as well as Bible teaching on how Christians should live.

Firstly, Jesus, our perfect example displayed it when in the book of Matthew 26:52, he condemned Apostle Peter for cutting off the ears of one of the servants of the High Priest that went to arrest him, named Malchus. Jesus not only healed the servant but admonished Peter that "for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."

The action of Jesus Christ in the above story was in line with his teaching in the Mountain as recorded in Matthew 5:44, where he said But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;, as against "an eye for an eye" treatment that was practised by the Judaisers under the Mosaic law that was never perfect.

His disciples and the Christian Church lived according to this teaching by not retaliating even in the height of persecution during the Roman empire that saw Apostles Paul beheaded, Peter crucified under Emperor Nero, and other members of the early Church die violent deaths under the rule of Roman emperors. In fact, during that period, God showed John the beloved revelation of the last day BUT never did he empower him to retaliate or kill.

If Jesus Christ and the early Church stuck to Christian doctrine, where did Bishop Oyedepo got his own authority?

What Makes Us Christians:
The believers were first called Christians in Antioch because they displayed the rare characters of Jesus Christ. If this is true, it is safe that the thing that made us Christians is our leading of the life of Christ, not that of any man irrespective of title. If we can't be like Christ and heed to his teachings then we have no business calling ourselves Christians. Jesus stance against retaliating to the oppressing Romans made the Jews to prefer him to die instead of the violent Barnabas. We must be like Christ by insisting on non violence.

If Apostle James could admonished the early Church that was facing trials of various kind because of their faith to "count it all joy", how much more us?

His Call Against Nigeria Law:
Despite the fact that we have choose to accept our society to be lawless, the law of Nigeria is clearly against incite to kill fellow citizens and residents, as well as taking laws into ones hands aka self help.

The only authority empowered to bring defaulters of the law to justice is the Police and other agents of the State. No citizen has that power. As citizen, it is our civil duty to avail the Police and other security agents information to arrest criminals potential criminals and their activities. While jungle justice is usually employed by citizens due to ineptitude of the authorities, it never made the act right. But for one to incite the gruesome killing of people that "appear" as attackers and not just attackers, it is unfortunate. statement like “You catch anyone that looks like them, kill him!” must be condemned by all, and without partiality.

If these statements were made by Asari Dokubo or Nnamdi Kanu, I am very sure that the authorities won't take it lightly. The law must respect nobody irrespective of perceived standing in the society.

Statements Endangering Christians And Non Christians:
BEfore any war is fought, there is usually inciting statements from so called leaders. The statements credited to some Muslim groups and clerics, as well as this credited to Governor Elrufai and Bishop Oyedepo is what fuels sectarian violence in Nigeria. Truth is, should there be violence (like we have in Southern Kaduna), it is ONLY the defenceless innocent that get killed, while the elites and their families are fully secured. Nigerians, both Christians and Muslims must understand that the elite are never enemies irrespective of their noise in the media.

The statement of Oyedepo is capable of causing counter statement from some Islamic leaders and attack on citizens will start. The statement is not different from those of Abubakar Shekau or other extremists like Miyetti leaders and some other muslim fanatical clergies.

I condemn the genocide in Southern Kaduna, it is my belief that agents of Kaduna state government as well leaders of Miyetti Allah are complicit in this shameful killing. It is my hope that a case is established against perpetrators of the violence to higher authorities (like the ICC), but it does not in anyway justify incitement against anybody or group of persons.

As Christians we must adhere STRICTLY to Christian doctrine and not apostasy! Bishop David Oyedepo must be called to order.

I shall end this with the Words of Apostle Paul to the Church in Ephesus when the Church was under persecution in the book of Ephesians 6:12;

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Shared on Palmchat

@TonyeBarcanista, I don't always agree with your views but in this one, I agree 110%.

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by uvalued(m): 5:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
LordIsaac:
OP is right....the Apostles went through worse and never lifted a sword. What we are practicing now is not christianity but religion. Where is the sacrifice, self-denial and long suffering which is part of the cross we must carry for righteousness' sake?
Is the Bishop reversing the sermon.on the Mount, where Christ condemned the mosaic law of "an eye for an eye?" I know what I'm saying now is difficult to practice...this is where I need that God's grace the Bishop always preaches, not only in respect of prosperity and possessing the earth. It is only by grace "for by the arms of flesh shall no man prevail."

bros please be honest if you with your family were at home and you hear this fulani ... will you allow them to kill your family in your face?

3 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by saintmark88(m): 6:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pentecostals or what ever they call themselves are d problem we have in this country.... First how did they ascertain that the people killed n southern kaduna are all christains ??, is there a list of those killed to ascertain that the people killed are southerns??

Y do we always give everything a religious undertone??, remember it was d same with d Boko Haram tin, it took a while for us to understand that the Boko Haram tin wasn't just a christain affair.

These pastors r fueling the issue, how can u incite more violence, how can u put it in d mind of people that it's a religious war??........Tonye u r very right, taking up arms would aggreviate the issue, it is not a solution.

These people saying rubbish here r only saying so because the Oyedepo man to them can never b wrong to them, have u forgotten these men r worshiped in Nigeria, pple Dnt worship God again, they worship these men.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by bishopkay: 6:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
jusRadical:

Go and investigate. Many communities that replied those folks violently are no-go-areas to the herdsmen. I know some.

I wish they will attack you, give you long or short sleeve so that I will hear what you will say.

Like my community. We gave it to them hot! They call themselves a warring tribe. They saw war and they buckled. They don't even come within a mile radius of my community again!

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by KaptainAfrika: 6:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
Let settle this issue by referring to the theory of "JUST WAR" in Christianity as raised by St. Augustine

"JUST WAR" is defensive in nature.

"JUST WAR" means to prevent evil men from prevailing over innocents.

In that case, Christians can engage in a "JUST WAR" to defend their families against evil men. e.g crusades and the second world war.

What Christ is against, is revenge; when evil men come to attack you, defend yourselves and inflict injury upon them to achieve one of the following - evil men sue for peace or they are totally annihilated.

An eye for an eye is different from stopping you from taking my eye. One reactive, the other is preventive.

Nigerian Christians won't act, all our messages appeal to our selfish nature.

If selflessness was a theme in our churches, Christians would have mobilised to offer aid and protection in many places, where Christians are killed but hey, fighting your mother you abandoned in the village, and fasting for US Visa, is more important.

Finally, it is foolish to wait for government to save you. Did government put food on your table? toast your wife? impregnate your wife? pay your kids school fees? so why do we wait for government? take up arms and defend your families, its that simple.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Gifts Ex-Prostitute House As Wedding Gift / Catholic Bishop And Priests In UK In Isi-Agu Igbo Attire During Mass / Lady Says She Woke Up On Her Way To The Mortuary After Being Declared Dead. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.