Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order (59096 Views)

Deborah Eneche Called To Bar (Photos) / Joys Oyedepo Celebrates Her Birthday (Bishop David Oyedepo's Last Born) / Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo Saves Lady From 30 Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Emycord: 6:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
Concentrate on ur Imams and leave us christians alone

4 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by omokab: 6:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
This case is of different dimension. Let truth be told. I am a muslim but I will never support this atrocity caused by Fulani herd fools.how can they be killing people without been attacked? Is their brain working at all definitely no. In the case of oyedepo he has also gone too far. Saying they should kill any muslim finding around them which mean it include yoruba muslim, that is a complete nonsense talk. But I don't against him telling the Christians to retaliate. The Christians in the north should have been the one saying this. But mind you they are also killing the fulani herdsmen in the north except if they will be lying.

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
uvalued:

bros on this one you goofed... self defence is the way to go.... kaduna has military and police barracks sprawling from zaria,jaji,kaduna down to kachia and what do we have the govnor did... simply shouting rubbish and even with a curfew... lives was wasted by the maruders.. what... bros Jesus said be wise as serpend but gentle as dove....we have been gentle like doves but wise as serpent we have been fools.... time to be wise....
What will Jesus do?
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Wesely01(m): 6:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

I read the well publicized article in which respected Bishop David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel called for the killing and sliding of throats of potential Muslims/Fulani attackers. In the words of Oyedepo

“You catch anyone that looks like them, kill him! There is no reporting to anybody. Kill him! Pull off his neck! And we spill his blood on the ground. What nonsense.”

Bishop Oyedepo Views Against Christian Doctrine:
The call by Bishop Oyedepo with due respect goes contrary to the Christian teachings going by what is recorded in the Bible as well as Bible teaching on how Christians should live.

Firstly, Jesus, our perfect example displayed it when in the book of Matthew 26:52, he condemned Apostle Peter for cutting off the ears of one of the servants of the High Priest that went to arrest him, named Malchus. Jesus not only healed the servant but admonished Peter that "for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."

The action of Jesus Christ in the above story was in line with his teaching in the Mountain as recorded in Matthew 5:44, where he said But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;, as against "an eye for an eye" treatment that was practised by the Judaisers under the Mosaic law that was never perfect.

His disciples and the Christian Church lived according to this teaching by not retaliating even in the height of persecution during the Roman empire that saw Apostles Paul beheaded, Peter crucified under Emperor Nero, and other members of the early Church die violent deaths under the rule of Roman emperors. In fact, during that period, God showed John the beloved revelation of the last day BUT never did he empower him to retaliate or kill.

If Jesus Christ and the early Church stuck to Christian doctrine, where did Bishop Oyedepo got his own authority?

What Makes Us Christians:
The believers were first called Christians in Antioch because they displayed the rare characters of Jesus Christ. If this is true, it is safe that the thing that made us Christians is our leading of the life of Christ, not that of any man irrespective of title. If we can't be like Christ and heed to his teachings then we have no business calling ourselves Christians. Jesus stance against retaliating to the oppressing Romans made the Jews to prefer him to die instead of the violent Barnabas. We must be like Christ by insisting on non violence.

If Apostle James could admonished the early Church that was facing trials of various kind because of their faith to "count it all joy", how much more us?

His Call Against Nigeria Law:
Despite the fact that we have choose to accept our society to be lawless, the law of Nigeria is clearly against incite to kill fellow citizens and residents, as well as taking laws into ones hands aka self help.

The only authority empowered to bring defaulters of the law to justice is the Police and other agents of the State. No citizen has that power. As citizen, it is our civil duty to avail the Police and other security agents information to arrest criminals potential criminals and their activities. While jungle justice is usually employed by citizens due to ineptitude of the authorities, it never made the act right. But for one to incite the gruesome killing of people that "appear" as attackers and not just attackers, it is unfortunate. statement like “You catch anyone that looks like them, kill him!” must be condemned by all, and without partiality.

If these statements were made by Asari Dokubo or Nnamdi Kanu, I am very sure that the authorities won't take it lightly. The law must respect nobody irrespective of perceived standing in the society.

Statements Endangering Christians And Non Christians:
BEfore any war is fought, there is usually inciting statements from so called leaders. The statements credited to some Muslim groups and clerics, as well as this credited to Governor Elrufai and Bishop Oyedepo is what fuels sectarian violence in Nigeria. Truth is, should there be violence (like we have in Southern Kaduna), it is ONLY the defenceless innocent that get killed, while the elites and their families are fully secured. Nigerians, both Christians and Muslims must understand that the elite are never enemies irrespective of their noise in the media.

The statement of Oyedepo is capable of causing counter statement from some Islamic leaders and attack on citizens will start. The statement is not different from those of Abubakar Shekau or other extremists like Miyetti leaders and some other muslim fanatical clergies.

I condemn the genocide in Southern Kaduna, it is my belief that agents of Kaduna state government as well leaders of Miyetti Allah are complicit in this shameful killing. It is my hope that a case is established against perpetrators of the violence to higher authorities (like the ICC), but it does not in anyway justify incitement against anybody or group of persons.

As Christians we must adhere STRICTLY to Christian doctrine and not apostasy! Bishop David Oyedepo must be called to order.

I shall end this with the Words of Apostle Paul to the Church in Ephesus when the Church was under persecution in the book of Ephesians 6:12;

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Shared on Palmchat

The Bishop has spoken well, you don't attack me and I will look at you. Stop writing about what you don't know Mr man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by onward4life(m): 6:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
Look at the mirror bro[/quote]
@towing-bakanistan

It's your choice hit the GONG or be GONE!

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by AsianTotal: 6:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista
You Deserve To Be Sold Into Perpetual Slavery.
I Have Always Tried My Best Not To Ever Comment On Any Of Your Post, Your Views Are Inconsequential and You Are A Total Nonentity. I Just Pity your Family, Your can Sell The Whole Of Your Lineage Just To Get Likes On Social Media and be seen as a politically correct dunce.

8 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
Really... Nigeria is technically just sitting on a keg of gunpowder. It is only a matter of time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by maxwell767(m): 6:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
This OP is high on latrine smoke

undecided

I agree with the pastor... Is time to use the law of Moses

An eye for an eye..

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by saintmark88(m): 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
I dnt understand, these pastors r now above criticism, d moment u criticize them their people will come for ur head. Are they above wrong??

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Timelezz: 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
Tonyebarnister will do anything for social media attention. Northern stooge

3 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Are you speaking as a Christian?

Hey Tonye , the bible is not against self defense or going to war as a nation against your vicious enemies who have sworn to exterminate you.

I think Papa assented to self defense not actually going after them in reprisal attacks .

All he is saying is that you don't sit down and fold your arms while your enemies destroy you . You defend yourself . God won't condemn you for defending yourself .

"Thou shall not kill" means premeditated killing or murder not self defense .

"Follow peace with all men " is only applicable if there can be a peaceful resolution but apparently its not .

4 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Positiveminds(m): 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
Op get sense so?

3 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Montaque(m): 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2017
He said this things last year, when the tension wasnt as high as now, and it makes more sense now.
My. Tonye is entitled to practice his christianity in which ever way he deems fit, maybe as john the beloved. But the day this statement will mean more to him is the day it comes to flee for his life. the anointed of God has prophetic unction to curse, and Oyedepo just exercised his. Prophets and Apostles exercised theirs in the bible, so this aint different.

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by godoluwa(m): 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
AsianTotal:
TonyeBarcanista
You Deserve To Be Sold Into Perpetual Slavery.
I Have Always Tried My Best Not To Ever Comment On Any Of Your Post, Your Views Are Inconsequential and You Are A Total Nonentity. I Just Pity your Family, Your can Sell The Whole Of Your Lineage Just To Get Likes On Social Media and be seen as a politically correct dunce.
That boy knws nothing about politics.
Hes a complete ASS-HOLE

5 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by repogirl(f): 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
Mr. Tonyebarcanista, I would have loved to see a write up detailing your opinion of the southern Kaduna massacre and your thoughts on how this government has been dragging their feet about addressing the issue.

That's what I want to see, not this rubbish about Christians being docile and gladly offer their necks for slaughter helplessly. We are tired of being helpless. God will not come down and fight physically for us. If pushed to the wall, we will also push back, simple.

When we get to heaven or hell, let God judge us there but here on earth, we should protect ourselves and our families against insane murderers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Do you know who is a christian according to the world system?

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by uvalued(m): 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
Chikelue2000:
Called to order? And d Muslims won't be called to order right?

abeg help me ask him who has called the fulani to order... even the pmb neither called them to order nor condemned them killers but will rush to condemn terrorsit who attack foriegn lands but his backyard, he is dumb and mute...

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 13, 2017
saintmark88:
Pentecostals or what ever they call themselves are d problem we have in this country.... First how did they ascertain that the people killed n southern kaduna are all christains ??, is there a list of those killed to ascertain that the people killed are southerns??

Y do we always give everything a religious undertone??, remember it was d same with d Boko Haram tin, it took a while for us to understand that the Boko Haram tin wasn't just a christain affair.

These pastors r fueling the issue, how can u incite more violence, how can u put it in d mind of people that it's a religious war??........Tonye u r very right, taking up arms would aggreviate the issue, it is not a solution.

These people saying rubbish here r only saying so because the Oyedepo man to them can never b wrong to them, have u forgotten these men r worshiped in Nigeria, pple Dnt worship God again, they worship these men.
Don't worry other states will experience Kaduna fate then you would understand better. I don't know why human being is selfish
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 13, 2017
Montaque:
He said this things last year, when the tension wasnt as high as now, and it makes more sense now.
My. Tonye is entitled to practice his christianity in which ever way he deems fit, maybe as john the beloved. But the day this statement will mean more to him is the day it comes to flee for his life. the anointed of God has prophetic unction to curse, and Oyedepo just exercised his. Prophets and Apostles exercised theirs in the bible, so this aint different.

Is Tonye a christian? Does he understand what being a christian is?

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by EvangelistNdudi(m): 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
The truth is that the OP is just looking for a cheap popularity, with thousands of HATE SPEECHES all over the Northern naija has he for once said anything to condemn those ani mals. They keep killing innocent Christians and you expect us to fold our arms and watch them slaughter us. Truth is that we can't fold our hands while they kill innocent children and women while we wait for a government that don't value human lives....

THESE CRIMINALS FROM BUHARI's TRIBE ROAM ABOUT KILLING AND DESTROYING HUMAN BEINGS AND THE OP EXPECTS US TO WATCH WHILE ALL THESE ACTS ARE BEING DONE....

What will you do when a fu la ni comes to attack your wife/baby, probably you going to act like Jesus by allowing them kill your family and pray that God would forgive them smh

https://www.nairaland.com/3571103/live-christ-only-hold-end

"You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."
matthew 10:22

As Christian that we are, do we need to fight them back?
my answer is NO, because that is not what God want us to do, it is written that Christians will be persecuted for his (Jesus) sake

my brothers and sisters, if any one persecute you because of Christ then be happy because you have been counted worthy to suffer for christ
"The apostles left the high council rejoicing that God had counted them worthy to suffer disgrace for the name of Jesus." Act 5:41

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." matthew 5:10

I created this short video for my Christian brothers and sisters, just to encourage us to hold on to the end for us to live with Christ

pls watch that short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8h4fFCPOw

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by omokab: 6:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
toyinid78:
Muslims preach d killing of christians at iyana ipaja bustop every day nobody says any thing now d christain. Av some one to. Talk for dem. It is now a sin,I pray fulani will vsist every nigerian state n let's see if d man of God is stupid
Mr man this your lie no get part two. Please can you swear on this forum that you are saying the truth. And, if you are lying swear that all what you have should perish. But if you are saying the truth those muslims are animals because no verse of the holy quaran ever said muslim should kill innocent people.

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Eluwilussit(m): 6:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
jusRadical:

Tonye is like his brother amechi judas.

I hate them both. I hate every Judas. Especially that idiot from Ubima. His day of judgment will surely come. As for Tonye, I have watched him deteriorate over the years. Even Judas is more stable in character than Tonye.

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Lol the terrorist is one that calls for killing against another group...

Look at the mirror bro
Dude, face reality and leave these talks.

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by wristbangle: 6:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
omofunaab:
we have gotten to a point where we have to speak against these murderous Fulani herdsmen .

To be sincere, i will be ashamed of my tribe if they are the ones going about causing havoc in different parts of the country. No Fulani elder statesman has tried to rebuke his tribesmen instead they are busy fighting those speaking against this menace.

May Almighty Allah punish any Fulani herdsman that is planning to cause havoc anywhere in this country.

Only them in enugu, plateau, benue, nassarawa, kaduna.

.are they the only tribe in this country

God bless you bro. People need to leave tribalism and face the truth that these herdsmen havoc is beyond control and for christians to just fold their arms now is very dangerous. Only God knows where they will extend their next bloodshed to but their plans will fail.

Afterall a bible passage said "suffer not the wicked to live". Another said "for the kingdom of heaven suffers violence and violent men need to lay hold of it by force". I do not support killing but a reprisal attack in seven folds against these evil fulani blood demons is the right step to reset their cancer worm brain to factory settings just like how Israel are dealing with any terrorists that dare mess up with them.

Tonyebarcanista, on this write-up of yours, I disagree with you.

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by sanandreas(m): 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
Tonye Niger deltans don't breed cowards. Unfortunately u are supporting Fulani massacre. How much were you paid? The imams are quiet on this issue until Nigeria turns to Rwanda.

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by aliyubaka: 6:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
Bastard do you know how many Christians have been killed by these followers of the rapist god allah?. These moslems are following the examples of the lunatic rapist prophet called mohammed.

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
EvangelistNdudi:

"You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."
matthew 10:22

You must have been hearing about the killing of Christians in the northern part of the country and other places
but as Christian that we are, do we need to fight them back?
my answer is NO, because that is not what God want us to do, it is written that Christians will be persecuted for his (Jesus) sake

my brothers and sisters, if any one persecute you because of Christ then be happy because you have been counted worthy to suffer for christ
"The apostles left the high council rejoicing that God had counted them worthy to suffer disgrace for the name of Jesus." Act 5:41

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." matthew 5:10

I created this short video for my Christian brothers ans sisters, just to encourage us to hold on to the end for us to live with Christ

pls watch that short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8h4fFCPOw
Go read Acts again and understand. Then the Apostles were seen as committing blasphemy against the law. In Nigeria, there is freedom to practice any religion.... different context!
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by uvalued(m): 6:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
bishopkay:

Like my community. We gave it to them hot! They call themselves a warring tribe. They saw war and they buckled. They don't even come within a mile radius of my community again!

you SAYAWA wink
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Tonye, should a christian join the army? If yes why? If yes, should he go to the war front if he is deployed there? I want to know.

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
thesicilian:
This OP must be a terrorist. Calling on Christians to defend themselves against the marauding beasts from the north is against the Nigerian law, but the actions of the attackers is not?

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by wristbangle: 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
yaki84:
Op na afonja.........

Coward n a betrayer.

Infact op na tonye iscariot!

Bros, kindly shut your mouth. Can't u read or see comments that even the afonjas u are shouting are against the herdsmen massacre?
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by dee02(m): 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
Oyedepo .... Behave!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Seminarian Slumped And Died While Acting Passion Of Christ Drama In Imo (photo) / Fake Jesus, Michael Job Is Not Dead (photos) / Port Harcourt Pastor Attempts Suicide, Says His Church Has 15 Members Since 2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.