Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:45 AM

I Need Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Help (789 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 14, 2017
My recent posts states that for about a decade I haven't fallen in love or liked any male.
Recently, I made a post of getting attracted to a man but was scared he would boycott me because I am a single mother. Many nairalanders counselled me to disclose this secret to him.
Thanks to all NLS, but the attraction has faded and I feel nothing towards him anymore.

I am back to square one, of lack of love. I wanna fall in love, feel butterflies , but why is it that hard? And just this once for almost a decade that I get attracted to someone, it fades so quickly sad.
Many people counsel me to wait, but I am ripe for marriage, and I want the foundation of my marriage to be love.

Let me give you an insight of my first and last relationship, perhaps that could be the reason why I can't fall in love.

He was 16 and I was 16, He was the first and last I would fall in love with. We made love once, I insisted he used a condom but he claimed condoms are used on only prostitutes.
I missed my period after a month and it dawned on me I was pregnant.

I felt as if my world had come to an end. I told him but instead of consoling me he was jubilating and threatened to kill me if I tampered with his baby.
I was so depressed that I decided to stay indoors for weeks.
He called me up for dates but I kept lying I travelled.

One day, he called, and I told my usual lie, to my shock, he was at my doorstep when I told him I had travelled. He was so furious at me.
I tried calling him and sending texts to explain that I wasn't avoiding him but I needed quite time to grief .
He response was "Don't call or text me till I tell you to do so". That was the last statement i heard from him. We never ever spoke.
Until about four and the half years later.
On Facebook, he commented on my picture saying I looked gorgeous, but I was too hurt to reply.

My mom recently confessed he was the one sending the monthly allowance she gave me for my son's upkeep.

That ends the first and only love story of my life, I never loved afterwards.
Do this story have anything to do with my current situation?
Re: I Need Help by OOOS: 7:08pm On Jan 14, 2017
undecided
Re: I Need Help by dingbang(m): 7:12pm On Jan 14, 2017
U will find love again

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by Nova15: 7:14pm On Jan 14, 2017
Just replying him on Facebook.

It's obvious this still something BTW u too
Re: I Need Help by ikp120(m): 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
Sorry... You have to quit being defensive because even life itself is a risk
Re: I Need Help by yomi007k(m): 7:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
Na u dey do ur self....

Ur not d first baby mama in Africa n u sure wont be d last.
Re: I Need Help by Ginaz(f): 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2017
This story it is get as e be.

Cos you lied he got angry and just LEFT like THAT? He left his pregnant girlfriend and child? Sending money to the mother for upkeep?

Hmmmmm, continue the story I'm listening. Let me see if I will believe it.

Re: I Need Help by refiner(f): 7:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
Are u still in love with him?...why not make things work btw the both of u...he is the father of ur child,remember?

Fate might want to bring u guys together again..give it a second thought...
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2017
Ginaz:
This story it is get as e be.

Cos you lied he got angry and just LEFT like THAT? He left his pregnant girlfriend and child? Sending money to the mother for upkeep?

Hmmmmm, continue the story I'm listening. Let me see if I will believe it.
What is unbelievable about my post? Would I invest my time fabricating lies like judefcc? I would appreciate your advice only

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help by Bluezy13(m): 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2017
Michellekabod:

What is unbelievable about my post? Would I invest my time fabricating lies like judefcc? I would appreciate your advice only

" Let me give you an insight of my first and last
relationship, perhaps that could be the reason
why I can't fall in love"

Lady, you've concluded that you can't fall in love again, so what other advice do you need
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 15, 2017
Bluezy13:

" Let me give you an insight of my first and last
relationship, perhaps that could be the reason
why I can't fall in love"

Lady, you've concluded that you can't fall in love again, so what other advice do you need
An advice on some habits to imbibe that would make me start developing feelings for someone
Re: I Need Help by Bluezy13(m): 9:24am On Jan 15, 2017
Michellekabod:

An advice on some habits to imbibe that would make me start developing feelings for someone

Start watching Zeeworld then
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 15, 2017
You can go for counselling. Pregnancy and being abandoned at such a young age did a number on your psychology. Go online and research Schema therapy. You reject so that you won't be rejected. It's your brain protecting you from emotional pain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help by Elshahzad: 10:00am On Jan 15, 2017
Bluezy13:

Thread Closed!!! Babe, #Swear_Down, U need no advice other than this one again... I have spoken!
Re: I Need Help by Elshahzad: 10:01am On Jan 15, 2017
Bluezy13:

Thread Closed!!! Babe, #Swear_Down, U need no advice other than this one again... I have spoken!
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 15, 2017
Bluezy13:

Stale...
Re: I Need Help by Bluezy13(m): 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
Michellekabod:
Stale...

Ok

(1) (Reply)

Why MMM Has Come To Stay(photo) / LASTMA, POLICE Or NEPA Official: Which Of Them Can You Consider For Marriage? / “OMG!! My Big Bum Bum Is Causing Trouble – Nigerian Lady Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.