Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,006 members, 7,953,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:06 AM

5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone (32515 Views)

Who Else Phone Is Spoiling This COVID-19 Period / First 5 Things You Should Do After Buying A Brand New Android Smartphone / 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else’s Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Flow23(m): 9:28am On Jan 15, 2017
Simply put, GET permission before doing anything on someone else's phone.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by castrokins(m): 9:37am On Jan 15, 2017
Don't Carry My Charger Without My Permission.

Last Year, Kid Cousin Visited From Home. He Eventually Made Away With My Fully Loaded 1TB HDD Without Telling Me.

For Months I Looked For It Without Success Until One Day I Remembered He'd Visited.

I Called Him, He Said He Mistakenly Carried It.

Question: You Realised You Mistakenly Carried My Drive, How Have You Not Reached Out To Me Soon As You Arrived, To Return It?

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 15, 2017
A friend of mine picked up my phone and borrowed N400 worth of Mtn airtime, used about N200 of it and told me he had help recharge my phone. I have never been so angry with a friend.

There is this cousin of mine, she will pick my phone, log me out of Facebook and login to her account, change my whatsApp number to hers. There is just nothing she won't do to gain access to her social media accounts.

Then my ''holy than thou'' cousin, Sanctus, he doesn't subscribe his phone but always share in my data since we were living together. I usually don't finish my monthly subscription so it wasn't a problem, until he decided to start downloading Catholic hymns. I noticed my data was then running out before end of the month, so I changed my hotspot password and he was ashamed to ask for a new one, thus, my freedom. grin grin grin

Happy Sunday pals, don't forget, 2019 is for Turaki Adamawa, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by allytinted: 10:05am On Jan 15, 2017
I So Much Dislike The Guessing Of Password Habit.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by hamzakito(m): 10:10am On Jan 15, 2017
Revolva:
There are some situations where you find yourself using the phone of a friend, colleague or your significant other. For some people, this may be very uncomfortable because they don't like someone else going through their phones. This is because they store personal information that is not meant for the eyes of just any random individual. And definitely, there are individuals who have the knack for checking other people's phone. What are they looking for? This said, if you find somebody phones in your hands,I share 5 things you should never do.

Do not pick the phone without permission

In some love relationships where trust is absent, the tendency of checking phone without express permission is very high. They check received calls, pick calls and read private messages which are not supposed to be the case. This actions rather than remove the cheating suspicion usually intensify it. Beyond relationships, it is awkward to pick someone else's phone or calls without their permission.

Don’t guess the password

If you do not know the password, don't bother to guess the password. This is because if you enter the wrong password, the phone will be locked temporarily. Due to your actions, the owner of the phone has to spend money to unlock. Why not just ask them for the password?

Don't use their data

Your friend briefly hands you his phones and the next thing you is to freely use their data to download files and check your emails. You completely forgot that it is not your phone. So, don't use someone else's phone data or WiFi without their consent.

Don’t go through their photos

There are all sorts of things that people save on their phones including private photos, videos, and documents. So, if someone hands you their phones, it is not an opportunity to go through their pictures because you may see images that are not meant for your eyes. If you do this, you may end up jeopardising your relationship with the owner of the phone.

Don’t sign out their social media account

You should not sign out the social media accounts of your friend in a bid to sign in yours. Your friend may not remember their passwords because you do not expect them to sign out from their social media accounts or emails when it is their phone.

Let me add mine

* do not go through their socail media chats

* do not go through their message

I dont even like collecting some one phone.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by godson4u79(m): 10:30am On Jan 15, 2017
Who the hell does that... To borrow credit from someone's else's phone... Chai

kings09:
Don't remove their sim witout permission n don't borrow airtime on sum1 else's line.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Ghost447(m): 11:19am On Jan 15, 2017
This epistle is unnecessary, simply put, don't use someone's else phone except with their permission.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Revolva(m): 11:25am On Jan 15, 2017
1st front page on Nl lol for 2017

the one DAT pained me pass it was when a silly brat one useless girl took my fine and opened my Facebook and posted on my status ...I wanna mess ....

I never knew until I got home
saw it I was angry even if I de fu..ck many bitches I can't just update my status like DAT so explicit.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 15, 2017
And this topic should hv bin written as the five commandments. Beside dat, Do not remove sm1's phone who hs a low ba3 while charging wen ur ba3 is 80%.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Revolva(m): 11:32am On Jan 15, 2017
Chanchit:
All you mentioned is still not as painful as someone logging into. por n site on ur phone, very annoying.

visit my blog and see my promotions
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Chanchit: 11:36am On Jan 15, 2017
Revolva:

visit my blog and see my promotions

I've seen it. What's the next step?
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Revolva(m): 12:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
Chanchit:

I've seen it. What's the next step?
chek my contact page on my blog and WhatsApp me OK let's talk
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Kimjinkyu(f): 1:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
tobijoshua:

He might like that your friend and does not know how to tell you or his she your b/f ? grin
no he's one of my street guys
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
Op,the number one point should be " don't flash with another person's phone " there is nothing more annoying when a number calls you to say someone flashed him/her with your number, some even flash back and you get to ve the one to call only to find out your number was used to flash
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by MARYchiells(f): 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
adewumiopeyemi:
Wait op u don forget this. grin grin6. Do not watch blue film on someone phone. cool cool

Exactly what my uncle's sales boy did with mine. I was furious when I found out.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
Kimjinkyu:

no he's one of my street guys

Probably he wanna get some, next time password your phone or better still use a pattern lock... okay ?
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
Cook.. My gf,can have my fone and do anything with it though , likewise frnds
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Spectre007: 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
Hahahahahahaha lwkm,i hope u didn't let her go free?
Revolva:
1st front page on Nl lol for 2017

the one DAT pained me pass it was when a silly brat one useless girl took my fine and opened my Facebook and posted on my status ...I wanna mess ....

I never knew until I got home
saw it I was angry even if I de fu..ck many bitches I can't just update my status like DAT so explicit.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
yomibelle:
true talk....
i turned on the hotspot for a friend to browse, only for him to start downloading a movie
Ehehehehe
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
codedtins:
my phone is heavily passworded
besides I'm not the typ that displays phone in public.
I'd rather carry my nokia torchlight
we are just to nosy.
esp gals.
useless ppl
So it has Number verification, pattern lock, sim password, fingerprint lock, Retina scan, voice verification, heart rate monitor, facial lock, DNA lock, Mood lock??
Biko explain the heavily passworded

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TECNO Announces Chris Evans As Ambassador / The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You / Hot!: Glo 1.2GB For N200 Valid For 3days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.