Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,276 members, 7,957,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:47 PM

Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist (22481 Views)

Prostitutes Beat Evangelist To Coma For Preaching In Their Premises In Lagos / Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos) / Two Snakes Found Fighting In Church After Prayers - Evangelist Chibuzo Fredrick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by streetzdreamz(m): 10:11am On Jan 15, 2017
sometimes I wonder what its gonna cost to split this country, and of course its aftermath! putting it on a scale and seeing which one will be better off , a proposed united nation howbeit divided in reality, and a divided nation for real, as it stands nothing is working in this country!! all we do is come online and tender our displeasure but to what end? deep down within me I wished KANU would pull through with his hope for Biafra, this nation is an eyesore as it stands!

2 Likes

Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by ReubenE(m): 10:16am On Jan 15, 2017
CplusJason:
There you have it.

The killers (bubu's loyal boys) walks freely for a job well done.

And a witless chameleon called Tonyebarcannista is somewhere condemning Bishop David Oyedepo.

Nigeria; A big mistake to Africa.

Mtchewwwww!!!!!!
Nigeria is a mistake to humanity, not just Africa
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by ikemesit4477: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2017
azimibraun:
Naija police.. Just to prove that they are full of actions they arrested innocent boys and now couldn't link them to the crime giving the killers time to arrange themselves properly. Those boys released definitely have heard of the news of her death like every other Nigerian o! Police used them to escape pressure. Now the heat has cooled down police is asking the innocent boys to go and keep quite. "If not we go call una back say na una do am and we go prove am" RIP ma andd may your real killers walk into the police station someday or into any Redeem church and confess.
corruption of the highest order! It is only God that will judge that woman's killer!
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by kings09(m): 10:45am On Jan 15, 2017
Am sure if d woman was a family of urs, u would still say dis
helphelp:
As long as due process is followed
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by helphelp: 10:47am On Jan 15, 2017
kings09:
Am sure if d woman was a family of urs, u would still say dis

Who am I to question due process?

Meanwhile, let us wait to hear otherwise from the concerned family
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by giles14(m): 11:24am On Jan 15, 2017
this is why we ask for Biafra

1 Like

Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by Xbee007(m): 11:27am On Jan 15, 2017
ceejay80s:

She was preaching in front of a mosque, so I heard ,so, the people in that mosque or the alfa should know the killers, they worship there
She has been preaching in that mosque area for more several years now and nobody complained about anything. Where her body was found is quiet far from the mosque.
Stop spreading fake news!
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by mjbaba: 11:28am On Jan 15, 2017
Stop Ranting. It's obvious that the Nigerian Police arrested innocent people in the wake of the killing. In the aftermath of public outcry after the killing, they just went round Kubwa picking up boys. They have to release them as they didn't get any evidence.
Blame your Police. Leave Bubu alone
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by basadenet: 11:43am On Jan 15, 2017
But if it where to be other way round the police will find the killers. Religion is the problem of this country.
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by vislabraye(m): 11:56am On Jan 15, 2017
CplusJason:
There you have it.

The killers (bubu's loyal boys) walks freely for a job well done.

And a witless chameleon called Tonyebarcannista is somewhere condemning Bishop David Oyedepo.

Nigeria; A big mistake to Africa.

Mtchewwwww!!!!!!

You dey mind am ? Some people just dey do ITK but na dem mumu pass.
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by netflicks(m): 11:59am On Jan 15, 2017
This simply tells u there is no case or case closed....another way to encourage more killings.. lipsrsealed
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by ceejay80s(m): 12:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Xbee007:
She has been preaching in that mosque area for more several years now and nobody complained about anything. Where her body was found is quiet far from the mosque.
Stop spreading fake news!

I hope u are ok ? Did u not see where I typed "so I heard"
I know u are a muslim, u guys a always hot tempered
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by Montaque(m): 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
alfarouq:
Is it that some people are du*b or they just refuse to use their brai*s.
If the police can't find an evidence against them, they should still go ahead and prosecute the innocent to appease some baiters and bashers.
If you have evidence of their guilt why don't you make it known and help the police with it.
So much for being educated.

What we interpret from the news, which is clear for all to see, is that the NPF did a shoddy job here. If I live in that neighbourhood from today till the next one month, I will tell you the killer, or those who have a hand in her beheading.

This should not end with this issue, cos generally in Nigeria, the NPF is so unprofessional and lacking in skills of modern investigation, yet they are trusted with peoples life and liberty. When I have the power, I will start my institutional cleansing from the NPF, then SON and other hollow and stinking institutions set up just to insult our collective intelligence and make us look foolish as a country.
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by BiafranPrince: 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
BudeYahooCom:
Why are yorubas scarce on this thread?

Where is psalmjob, jesusloveyou and other Afonja pro-dullard yoruba muslims running around with christian names to deceive the gullible.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by Montaque(m): 12:28pm On Jan 15, 2017
mjbaba:
Stop Ranting. It's obvious that the Nigerian Police arrested innocent people in the wake of the killing. In the aftermath of public outcry after the killing, they just went round Kubwa picking up boys. They have to release them as they didn't get any evidence.
Blame your Police. Leave Bubu alone

We should leave ur bubu for you, abi?
When we advocate for state police, you people will say no way. Now the police force report to the IG who sits with ur bubu in far away abuja to talk what they don't know. Its even a shame to your bubu that a woman was beheaded in broad day light in few kilometres from where you bubu resides and he can't bring his security powers to bear in the investigation and prosecution. Even if it happens elsewhere, I won't swallow the fact that this happened in the FCT of all places. On top all these, you said we should leave ur bubu alone.
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by Presidiotbuhari: 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
Well, that is what yoruba muslims like.

In their eyes Hausafulani can never be wrong nor do anything wrong in the eyes of 70% yoruba muslim populace. If u doubt me ask the likes of dropshot,sarrki, passingshot,madridguy,super1star,cleverly,ngeneukwenu, kyase,ooduavanguard
,admnister,standings etc and hear how they will tell u that the woman brouhgt it upon herself,for preaching in front of musque and muslim dominated area. Smh for yoruba muslims
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by julioralph(m): 1:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
released just like that? na wa for this country. I tire for dis Buhari administration.
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by bezimo(m): 2:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
So we see the normadic sons of Ishmael working with Bingohari to attack christians.Releasing them after killing Christians is part of their plan.....

You ask me, how, well this bingohari speaking
27th August 2001:
"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia Movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria. God willing, we'll not stop the agitation for the total implementation of Sharia in the country".

The worst against Christians have stated happening by a Bingohari led Islamic govt.

Will Christians continue to be helpless victims or react back like the Nation of Israel whom God liveth....

A time for sustained reprisals is upon us, if Christians continue been killed without attacking back to forestall further attacks then, we know the Islamic republic of Nigeria is loading.....

Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by bezimo(m): 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
Suspects reportedly arrested over the killing last year of an Abuja-based pastor, Eunice Elisha, have been released, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt.

The suspects, whose identities were not revealed by the Abuja police command, were released because police investigation “could not link them to the murder,” said spokesperson of the command, Manzah Anjuguri.

“What happened is that when the incident occurred, arrests were made. But during the course of the investigation we found that the persons arrested could not be linked to the said murder. And we cannot keep them if we do not have any case against them,” Mr. Anjuguri told PREMIUM TIMES.

“They were released under the condition that they will be invited for questioning whenever the need arises. The commissioner has instructed the Divisional Police Officer for that region to intensify efforts on the matter; the case has not been closed. The investigation is still ongoing,” said Mr. Anjuguri.

His statement contradicts his earlier claims that the suspects were helping in the investigation.

Hours after the murder of 42-year-old Mrs. Elisha on July 9, 2016, the police said it had arrested suspects in the matter, and said their confessions were considered helpful in the investigations into the matter.

“We have made some arrests and they are helping in our investigation”, the police spokesperson had said at the time.

“The commissioner of police has ordered the homicide section of the command to take over the investigation of the case,” said Mr. Anjuguri, the same day Mrs. Elisha was found dead on the streets of Kubwa, a suburb of the Federal Capital Territory.

During that disclosure in July, Mr. Anjuguri stated neither the number of suspects “arrested” nor their identities.

He told PREMIUM TIMES that the identities were withheld because “the investigation was at an early stage and the matter was a crucial one”.

Five months later in December, Mr. Anjuguri declined commenting on the status of those arrested, when contacted by this paper.

“All I can tell you is that investigation is still ongoing,” he said in December 2016.

Mrs. Elisha was killed while conducting an early morning preaching in the streets of Kubwa, a suburb of Abuja.

Speaking also in December 2016 about the government’s failure to address the matter, president of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Samson Ayokunle, said the State Security Service and other agencies expected to ensure the safety of Nigerians had neglected thier duty.

“How can the life of somebody be snubbed out like that on the streets of Abuja, Nigeria’s seat of power? Where has evangelism become a crime in Nigeria? The SSS, police and other law enforcement agencies are being paid salaries in order to enforce law and apprehend criminals but in this case, they failed to justify their pay,” said Mr. Ayokunle.

Also speaking on the matter, Catholic Bishop of Abuja Arch Diocese, John Cardinal Onaiyekan, described the situation as grossly unfortunate.

“We have to put this in the context of a country where law enforcement is not at its highest; a whole Attorney General of the Federation was killed and till now we do not know who committed the act. That kind of situation should tell us that we are in a country where human life is practically negotiable.

News of the release of the suspects came months after Kano State government also released suspects in the killing of a 74-year-old woman, accused of blasphemy.

Bridget Agbahime was killed by a mob at a market in Kano.

The government filed charges against her suspected killers, but later freed them without giving reasons for its decision.

“What we need to say and say it without any hypocrisy is that in Nigeria, there is no law against blasphemy,” said Mr. Onaiyekan.

“There is no better proof of that than the fact that more often than not, our Lord Jesus Christ is blasphemed against by those who do not believe in him, without any action taken against them. So we just need to take this matter seriously; any body who is believed to have committed murder, under the excuse of blasphemy should not be excused on that ground because there is no law in Nigeria against blasphemy.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/220432-police-release-suspects-abuja-pastors-killing.html
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by ashala(m): 3:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
Chai Naija. Which way
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by dsocioemmy(m): 4:00pm On Jan 15, 2017
My problem is the christians. The church she represents. And you will come and tell me trash about your daddy G.O
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by CioAngels(f): 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
emmalezy:
The Nigeria Police Force has released all the arrested suspects in connection with the gruesome murder of 42 year old RCCG evangelist, Eunice Elisha, in Abuja on July 9th 2016. According to the FCT Police spokesman, ASP Anjuguri Manzah, the suspects were released because police investigation could not establish any evidence linking them to the murder of the late Evangelist. He however stated that the suspects were released on the condition that they will be called up for interrogation whenever the need arises. He said investigations into the matter is still ongoing.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2017/01/police-release-suspected-killers-of.html
It is very sad and unfortunate, the southerners are now toys in the hands of northern muslims and herdsmen with No thanks to our southern Nnronu leaders who sold their birthright for position and ritual money. Shame to you all.
Re: Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist by gud4dbest(m): 10:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
walcut:
undecided undecided undecided just like Dat

Injustice everywhere;how would peace reign?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dominican Republic: TB Joshua Gets Highest Senate, Congress Awards / The Whole Duty Of Man, Please Read Through / Bishop Bridget Eagle Okafoagu Dies, Resurrects After 3 Days - Says Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.