Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

A Message To Bishop David Oyedepo And All Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Message To Bishop David Oyedepo And All Christians (1095 Views)

Joyce Oyedepo And Abimbola Olaleye Wedding (Pictures) / US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News / Throwback Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Wife, Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Message To Bishop David Oyedepo And All Christians by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 15, 2017
My inspiration to write you came during mass this morning. You're a man I respect so much despite our varying beliefs. Not withstanding, your message to your congregation few days ago was very passionate but wrongly channelled. We're fortunate to be Christians and not Jews nor any other religion. Therefore a price comes with being a Christian and that price is love and humility no matter the situation or circumstance. I would like to define humility in my terms as a state of foolishness and cowardice. That's the blatant defination of humility. Your message contradicts what Christ did over two millennium ago. For He said concerning revenge, “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you. Your message rubbishes the legacy of Christ to the world for he's a Prince of Peace. Nothing is new for the future is old. There is no amount of suffering that have not existed before. I grew up in the North and the massacre during sharia law in 1999 did not consume us it rather made us stronger in faith because if God be for us then no one can be against us else they suffer the fate of Pharaoh but not by our hands but by God's hands for revenge is His. No man living have fate or had a fate worse than that of Christ because he accepted it willingly despite having the power to avoid it. If He was able to and still show love even at his dying hour then His power will sustain us and He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world. Take away the spirit of love and humility from The Church and it becomes a mere vacuum. Even in the book of Ezekiel, God warns us, "If I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul. No Christian is happy about the numerous killings in this country but this anger should be channelled towards fearless evangelism. Let us say no to "ass-licking" and boldly with authority condemn these acts of perversion. Let us speak without fear or fervour and demand our rights. We have prominent men of God in this country that have access to government that are keeping quiet rather than confronting this madness. Enough is enough I agree but our weapon will never be retaliation but The Word of God, love, persistence and resilience. Be careful of what you say to your congregation because Christians of these days hold more steadfastly the words of their pastor than that of God. We all must arise and challenge ourselves but we shall do so with love and obedience to law. Like pastor Adeboye said, we need to take over critical political positions in this country. Enough of the laxity Christians portray in politics. Vp is not enough. Finally, I rebuke that murderous spirit from your life and that of your members. We shall spill no human blood for Christ have spilled enough. We shall rather spread the gospel of Christ. Peace be with you.
NB:
I'm not a writer, just a concerned Christian.

1 Like

Re: A Message To Bishop David Oyedepo And All Christians by OYAY(m): 11:26am On Jan 15, 2017
This is what is lacking in the present day christians,humility and perseverance; I wonder why we still parades ourself as christ like when our deed contradict his teaching and portray us like the unbelievers. Who are you to revenge for God when our God says revenge is his and that he is a God of avenger that takes revenge from first generation to the fourth generation. Op I appreciate your article and hope those concern read it and make necessary amendment.
This piece is worthy of FP those concern should do the needful.
Re: A Message To Bishop David Oyedepo And All Christians by Nutase: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
Sorry for you.
Re: A Message To Bishop David Oyedepo And All Christians by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
Re: A Message To Bishop David Oyedepo And All Christians by eberetos: 8:49pm On Sep 14, 2017
(1) If they kill your brother, will you write this post??

(2) The christians they are killing, are they going to heaven??

(3) Anyone who is not ready to go to heaven, but is killing other christians who are willing to go to heaven, to die premature and go to hell, such a person should be killed immediately...

(1) (Reply)

This Bible Verse Tells Us Why There Is No Freedom In Islamic Countries / Pastor Chris Dancing To Ada's New Song As She Wins An Award(photo) / Children Emulate The Passion Of Christ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.