Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,599 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) (778 Views)

Govt That Watches Its People Get Killed Every Day Is Irresponsible - Amaechi / "Tosin Saraki Marrying A Christian Man Is A Sin" - Muslim Facebook User / How Cabal Allegedly Allowed Osinbajo To Meet Buhari For Only 5 Minutes In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) by duketunde: 12:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
Nearly 90,000 Christians were killed for their faith in 2016, equivalent to one every six minutes, according to a new study by the Italy-based Center for Studies on New Religions (Censur). The annual study, which is set for release next month, also indicated that between 500 and 600 million Christians were prevented from freely practicing their faith.

The number has actually declined from 105,000 in 2015, but it still makes Christians the most persecuted religious group in the world, Massimo Introvigne, director of Censur, told Vatican Radio when announcing the findings on Monday.

“Without wishing to forget or belittle the suffering of members of other religions, Christians are the most persecuted religious group in the world,” Introvigne said.

Around 70 percent of the killings occurred in tribal conflicts in Africa, with the high number attributed to Christians refusing to take up weapons for reasons of conscience, Introvigne said. A separate report earlier this year found that a large number of Christian deaths were occurring in northern Nigeria, where the terrorist group Boko Haram operates.

The other 30 percent, according to Introvigne, occurred due to terrorist attacks and government persecution, notably in North Korea. Last year, Canadian pastor Hyeon Soo Lim was sentenced to life in prison in North Korea for what Pyongyang described as “anti-state activities.”

Read more at http://www.duketundesblog.com/2017/01/a-christian-killed-every-6-minutes-in.html#6VLozj7yIsyxHs31.99
Re: A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) by Chikelue2000(m): 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
Christianity is d only Religion where u r free. Free in d sense that even if u denounce it no one cares. Try that in Islam or other religion, ur life with be a turmoil

1 Like

Re: A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2017
Christians would soon become an endangered specie.
Re: A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) by adem30: 1:43pm On Jan 15, 2017
Hahaaa You na don come with this your senseless statistics.
If this is true, You yourself will not be alive to type this
Re: A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) by Okanokan(m): 3:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
[quote author=walcut post=52825215]Christians would soon become an endangered specie.

Christians are already an ENDANGERED SPECIE. With the mindless killing taking place in Northern Nigeria against FAITHFUL Bethren it is completely innapropros to say "Christian will soon become an ENDANGERED SPECIE.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
How many muslims were killed?

1 Like

Re: A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
Who sent them message? I thought Yahweh promised them protection in return for their obedience & unflinching loyalty?

Look at the way churches & mosques keep springing up like new babies everyday - and yet Nigeria continues to retrogress while the majority of the religious people wallow in abject poverty inspite of the promises of prosperity, comfort & protection fabricated & concocted to lure them - written in their useless holy books.

Does that not outline the logical fallacy in the philosophy of religion?

Well, my wish & expectation is for Nigeria to progress & attain her millennium development goals - but that can only be possible when religion is completely abolished.

Until then, I expect the number of casualties on both sides to sky-rocket into millions inorder for “us” to achieve our goals on time.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) by drnoel: 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
Na wah ooh, if dem dey kill Christians like that why dem no dey finish? How much Christians will have to be killed to make a dent on their population?
Re: A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) by Abagworo(m): 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
Religion is just a channel to one God hence it's as useless as tribe in evaluating human. The gullible humans are used as baits to settle political scores amongst the religious leaders who think of themselves wiser than their followers. No wise human can take another man's life because of religion or ethnicity.
Re: A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) by Adminisher: 9:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
How can you claim to be Christian and you are spreading lies. Do you know the harsh judgment that God is reserving for the owner of this thread

1 Like

Re: A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) by KingNom(m): 10:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
A vision, so real, it seems a prophecy.
I saw them with knives, daggers, weapons of all kinds running in different directions, thirsty for blood
They would ask 'are you ours or not?' and as many as did not belong to their group, were hacked and killed with the weapons. There were bodies of the slain christians and others littered everywhere.
The buildings were not left out, they torched the buildings, shops, offices and houses of those who were not adherents of their religion. They approached me to ask the same question but I can not really say how I evaded them.
When they left, I saw a young lady in her early twenties crying, looking for where to run to. I helped her as she kept dodging them. It was as if I could read their moves.
We kept on running together with others joining us, as we kept looking for where to hide from the blood thirsty ones till the law enforcement agents came, preceding the Governor. It happened in a business nerve centre in Nassarawa State.
The atmosphere read ''strike them, clear them, kill them, let none survive, then when you done, we will come in to ensure to peace. We will keep doing it and spreading into other areas till there are very few of them left"
With a trembling heart, I woke up.

P.S: This calls for more prayers and efforts to avert such disasters
Re: A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) by mykeljosef: 11:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
dont make it seem like Muslims weren't killed....ask Aleppo

but then we can all agree its that one religion that did 98+1.99999 % of the killing
Re: A Christian Killed Every 6 Minutes In 2016 (A Total Of 90,000 Killed) by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 16, 2017
Christianity gives you freedom.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Nigerian Media: I’m Proud Of you / What If President Buhari Is Dead? / See What Recession Has Done To Nigeria’s Coat Of Arms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.