Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? (7539 Views)

Ppsspp Android And Computer Games Here! (directdownload Links) / Computer Games To Try Out Before The Year Runs Out / Which Computer Games Do You Play? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Doubleen: 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2009
Alcohol, cigarettes, PS 3 and X-box LIVE, a few of the things that kill the male folk.
as innocent as the games are, I'm starting to wonder if they make guys dumb!
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by MrCrackles(m): 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2009
In some cases! grin
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by sistajay(f): 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2009
Yup, sure make them dumb ass!!
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by mamagee3(f): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2009
Most games, it depends on the guy's imbecility. grin grin

Crackles and the one after, I should have been the first to post on this thread.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by MrCrackles(m): 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2009
mama-gee:

Most games, it depends on the guy's imbecility. grin grin

Crackles and the one after, I should have been the first to post on this thread.
You have issues shocked. . . grin
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by mamagee3(f): 8:56pm On Nov 25, 2009
MrCrackles:

You have issues  shocked. . .  grin

No I don't. wink
I was about to post before I was stopped because you were posting
. grin grin
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by MrCrackles(m): 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2009
mama-gee:

No I don't. wink
I was about to post before I was stopped because you were posting
. grin grin
Unlucky. . ."Yalla Yalla" next time! cheesy
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by mamagee3(f): 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2009
Okay Little Crackles. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by SoJaded: 9:02pm On Nov 25, 2009
mills and boons, nigerian home videos an infinitesmally small part of what makes the womenfolk stupid apart from their genetic make up of course.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2009
Any that agrees games makes u dumber is infact dull. Cuz games does the opposite games like tomb raider increase ur sense of observing,while some lile silent hill makes u aware of ur little details.final fantasy makes u strategize even with games like soccer which exposes u to high level of critical analysis.things that make pple dumber r stuffs like "E! Channel,beauty paegant,oprah,gossip girls,mills and booms,romance section of nairaland,fashion channels,bilm's ridiculous post.games makes u smart.if u think otherwise u need to check ur health.[color=][/color]
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 25, 2009
Btw the way how can understand the water is hot when you haven't dipped ur hands in it.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Doubleen: 9:33pm On Nov 25, 2009
@ SoJaded pls keep ur opinion about womenfolk. thats not the topic.

@pcguru i am sure u are one of them dudes who when asked what sport they play would call "PES soccer 2009, final fantasy, silent hill and tomb raider" as sports. abeg no vex but carry ur game advert to another page
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 25, 2009
I think that "good stuff" (weed) is affecting our young men because they stay smoking that "good stuff" everyday. smiley
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2009
I knew i wuz gonna offend someone by putting those list there.each sex has what completes them except from the weed and alcohol so u saying stuffs like that aint cool.esp to pple like me.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by 190: 11:12pm On Nov 25, 2009
they because when they look left,right and center
all they see is Noob saibot,subzero and nightwolf's MORTAL KOMBAT~
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by SisiKill1: 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2009
Do you mean dumber? I kid, I kid. . .Truth is, I don't think so. I grew up with Brothers and cousins who lived on nothing but video games and they are some of the smartest people I know and i'm not biased (ok, maybe just a li'l bit) cheesy
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2009
appearz yur man plays a whole lotta gamez
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by edoyad(m): 1:12pm On Nov 26, 2009
grin LWKMD .
You people are too funny. So i guess this topic is in retaliation for Novel making girls naive in love thread, right ? grin

But i have to confess the OP thought it out before firing back rotfl
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by steeze(m): 5:01pm On Nov 26, 2009
@ poster I'm very sure you know that video games ACTUALLY make people smarter. It's an undisputed fact. Games like resident evil, metal gear solid, tomb raider, syphon filter and so many other games sharpen the intellect.

Making alcohol and cigarettes synonymous with the male gender, Ur kidding, right? We are crazy about video games, not alcohol and cigarettes.

things that make pple dumber r stuffs like "E! Channel,beauty paegant,oprah,gossip girls,mills and booms,romance section of nairaland,fashion channels

This things actually make girls dumber. Sometimes i think it blurs their sense of reality
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Seadbari(m): 10:01am On Nov 27, 2009
Games actually makes people smarter! Playing games is not just all about pressing pads, it about anticipating alot of event occuring n doing that d brain is kept busy, Playing games is like participating in a debate(lol), u will try 2 more points (goals) than ur opponent!lwkmd, But watching E! Channel, hi nolly, africa magic, gossip girls, reading fashion mag, mills & boom, etc doesn't contribute anything 2 d brain but junks, lol [color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by PupetMasta(m): 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2009
If a person is dumb, the person will always be a dumb##s either a gamer or not. I don't think games make people dumb, I use to av friends that will play Age of Empire, Football Manager, burnout, etc for 18hrs a day while also stabbing class, they were not the best in class but I admired them, they were good planners, good team leaders ,good with details etc, If they want to read, they read long hours at a stretch.

Games have their disadvantages but adding dullness to a person personality is not one of its disadvantages.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by dammit4u(m): 5:19pm On Nov 27, 2009
Mind you it gives them new insight on how to handle issues,
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by lordizak(m): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2009
Na lie, it makes me relax my mind, and more calculative, the more diff d game is. E beta pass film.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Doubleen: 2:48am On Nov 28, 2009
@ edoyad, u are spot on. i wondered why someone would ask such an obviously annoyin question.

Insight ko, insight ni, na una sabi, guys would always defend themselves.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by ritchboy(m): 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2009
The OP should get back to me after solving all the puzzles in God Of War 1&2, Alone In The Dark, Silent Hill, Code: Veronica etc and decrypting Emile's e-mail in Splinter Cell: Double Agent (without trial & error) cheesy
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Mobinga: 10:10am On Nov 29, 2009
How the hell did you decrypt emiles e mail
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by kosovo(m): 12:48pm On Nov 29, 2009
i have been gaming  since when i was 5, and i have played over 1000 games and eventually all game consoles dating back from the conventional handheld game (tetris game) to the most power game console on earth (PS3), and i must say that Gaming has increased my intelligence further than ever. if gaming makes u dumb, then u sure have a problem,
   world first Africa gaming site coming soon! cheesy
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by ritchboy(m): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2009
Mobinga
how much are u willing to pay for my intel? grin grin
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by maedan(f): 11:31pm On Nov 29, 2009
Games make the smart guys smarter and the dumb ones dumber. Go figure wink.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by remoranger(m): 11:31pm On Nov 29, 2009
its true.

i am living proof.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by obinna5000(m): 11:36pm On Nov 29, 2009
maedan:

Games make the smart guys smarter and the dumb ones dumber. Go figure wink.

So true. Games can make you either dumb or smart. It depends on the individual.
I've been playing games since the days game centers charged N5 per game and it has in no way made me dumb.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 29, 2009
check texazzpete and dakmanzero

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spiderman VS Kratos, Who Will Win? / What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? / Where Can I Download Pes 2016 For Ppsspp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.