Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) (42123 Views)

2019: Sagay Speaks On Osinbajo Coming Back As Buhari’s Running Mate / Senators Walk Out On Hamid Ali, Customs Boss During A Meeting (pics) / Tinubu & Allies Walk Out Angrily As APC South-West Leaders Meet - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) by maclatunji: 11:19am On Jan 17, 2017
CoolFreeday:
This is my problem with this people and most of our leaders, selfishness.
He wants to workout because he is not on high table, is the high table more important than his request about his people(or better still his opinion) that he ought to present

Did you ever believe they and those goons called militants are fighting for anybody but themselves?
Re: Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) by prophetfire: 11:43am On Jan 17, 2017
CoolFreeday:
He wants to workout because he is not on high table, is the high table more important than his request about his people(or better still his opinion) that he ought to present
yoy dnt understand what is involved. you have 4 ethnic nationalities there. vp visited 2 leaving the other 2 chiefs. you now invited the 4 for a meeting.the two you failed to visit in their palaces you still failed to acknowledge them in the protocol,meaning they are not important.if they were not visited at their palaces and they were not also acknowledged at the meeting what makes you think that their submission will be taken serious? I blame the vp and more the gov and their mumu advisers who are supposed to know better. if you are going to make peace for 4 warring clans you dnt start by eulogising 2 and disrespecting two. protocol respect is very importsnt and crucial in diplomacy and crisis management. vp has failed in his assignment even before he started bcs I know this people.vp has just gone to cause trouble there bcs the militants from the two ethnic nationalities that were disrespected may not cooperate with the process.vp and gov okowa didnt display diplomatic smartness there.
Re: Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) by Efewestern: 12:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
fejikudz:
The Urhobo nation will not support any political party or politicians who have no respect for our ethnic identity..

Osibanjo came into Warri through Osubi Airport,( without stopping over to pay a courtesy call to the Orodje of
Okpe). they headed straight to Gbaramatu Kingdom, where he paid a visit to the King before proceeding with his mission.
He left with the entourage to Warri and also paid courtesy call on the Olu of Itsekiri, where he spent almost all his time before leaving around 5:30pm

As customary with the unwritten Nigeria protocol where a visiting Governor, Deputy Governor, Vice President or President pays courtesy call to the paramount ruler of a place that is visited or hosting the event, Osibanjo clearly refused to visit the King of Uvwie Kingdom, even after visiting the Olu of Itsekiri that has no connection with the event..

they think we are fool or something, So because the ijaw and itsekiri keep bombing pipelines they are more important than us ?, Similar tin happen when awolowo was alive, He favoured the itsekiri more than any minority.

Osibanjo spent all his time at the Olu palace but he didn't bother to pay homage to the ovie of uvwie. this is not acceptable
Re: Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) by swissgoldenVip: 12:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
Follow this link on how to make money from investing in Gold

https:///AG6owsx3cu7Lpw7B5WzMQm
Re: Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) by Agimor(m): 12:23pm On Jan 17, 2017
You visited the other two ethnic groups in their Palace to even think they are minority in the State but choose to visit the other two at mere PTI conference hall. I now see the reason you're referred to as a mere commissioner.
Re: Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) by hushshinani(m): 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
luvinhubby:
What did that serve?

Anyway, very poor protocol by Osinbajo's team, why visit two traditional rulers when you know there 4 dominant ethnic nationalities in the state, either you visit all or you address all at PTI centre together.
Everybody deserves a right to expresses his vexation peacefully.
where u go school sef
Re: Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) by ibitzbarlow(m): 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
CoolFreeday:

This is not selfishness. It is about respect and regard for the people they represent. You come to my home for a supposed meeting for peace and conflict resolution. Knowing the dynamics of Delta State especially the Warri axis, one would say the Osinbanjo team was poor at managing the different interests represented there. You paid courtesy visits to the Ijaw and Itsekiri monarchs, only invited the Urhobo and Isoko Monarchs to the meeting, yet still didnt avail them of high table seats; to them and the State, you have clearly shown your preffered tribes/people and have relegated the supposed biggest tribe in the State to the background. That's unacceptable. Their participating in that meeting in the context of the described scenario without a correction/objection would mean a tacit approval/acceptance of the new order.

The Monarchs did well by drawing the attention of the conveners of the meeting to the gross error/contraption.
Re: Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) by igorekpengmail: 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hmmmm!
A serious individual wants to find out facts in less than 24hrs.
Re: Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) by Akious2k2(m): 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
luvinhubby:
What did that serve?

Anyway, very poor protocol by Osinbajo's team, why visit two traditional rulers when you know there 4 dominant ethnic nationalities in the state, either you visit all or you address all at PTI centre together.
Everybody deserves a right to expresses his vexation peacefully.
I would prefer u rather say "very poor protocol by Okowa's team"... He's suppose 2 know better

erico2k2:

Even when this gathering is held in his kingdom?
I do not think the VP meant any harm rather some unscrupulous organizers are trying to create issues where none exist.
Imagine... I expect d Governor 2 know better

janellemonae:
No, this isn't right. The VP should have visited all 4 major monarchs in d state. Their anger was justifiable.

I blame whoever arranged d meetings cos I don't think Osinbajo would have done dt on purpose. Education & respect of other peoples culture is important.
I agree with u bro

es144000:
U do not understand what is happening in delta state ;Because the ijaws are the violent people the government pampers them more.Nigerians. Don't respect quiet people.
I agree with u
Allergic:
The LEADERS were more than 100% right to work out. Irrespective of who you are whether the president or vice, you can't come and insult me in my house.

FYI, we don't joke with our traditional rulers. That meeting should have being held in Ughelli instead of Warri.
I agree with u, I don't understand d bold. Y Ughelli?

esere826:

A better argument would be
"why is there a high table for anyone in the first place?"

As long as a high table exists, it means there is a preference given to the voice of those sitting on it.
Consequently his request about his people will not be valued by leadership

Got it now?
Even if High Table no dey, trust front sit fit cause wahala... and again Sitting position fit make dem take u more seriously o... Like High Table, or front seat things

DaGC:

Bro, the said meeting happened in his kingdom (domain), yet other kings were given higher preference. The VP even flew from the naval base to visit the king of Gbaramatu in his palace but refused to honour the said king in his own domain. Not even minding that the Refinery, Chevron, Saipem, Army Barracks, Navy Base etc are all in his kingdom.

No king will want to be subject to another king in his kingdom. Especially 1 with as much resources in his kingdom vital to the peace talks.

Who ever planned the trip made a mistake
I blame d Governor 4 dat bro

prophetfire:
yoy dnt understand what is involved. you have 4 ethnic nationalities there. vp visited 2 leaving the other 2 chiefs. you now invited the 4 for a meeting.the two you failed to visit in their palaces you still failed to acknowledge them in the protocol,meaning they are not important.if they were not visited at their palaces and they were not also acknowledged at the meeting what makes you think that their submission will be taken serious? I blame the vp and more the gov and their mumu advisers who are supposed to know better. if you are going to make peace for 4 warring clans you dnt start by eulogising 2 and disrespecting two. protocol respect is very importsnt and crucial in diplomacy and crisis management. vp has failed in his assignment even before he started bcs I know this people.vp has just gone to cause trouble there bcs the militants from the two ethnic nationalities that were disrespected may not cooperate with the process.vp and gov okowa didnt display diplomatic smartness there.
Correct
ibitzbarlow:

This is not selfishness. It is about respect and regard for the people they represent. You come to my home for a supposed meeting for peace and conflict resolution. Knowing the dynamics of Delta State especially the Warri axis, one would say the Osinbanjo team was poor at managing the different interests represented there. You paid courtesy visits to the Ijaw and Itsekiri monarchs, only invited the Urhobo and Isoko Monarchs to the meeting, yet still didnt avail them of high table seats; to them and the State, you have clearly shown your preffered tribes/people and have relegated the supposed biggest tribe in the State to the background. That's unacceptable. Their participating in that meeting in the context of the described scenario without a correction/objection would mean a tacit approval/acceptance of the new order.

The Monarchs did well by drawing the attention of the conveners of the meeting to the gross error/contraption.
Correct

Trust me, if na some pple dis kain thing happen 2, dem fit no even showface 4 d townhall meeting sef
Re: Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) by CoolFreeday(m): 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
ibitzbarlow:

was it the VP and his team that were responsible for calling people to high table and is the high table more important than representing and talking for his people?
Re: Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) by CoolFreeday(m): 5:33pm On Jan 17, 2017
maclatunji:

Did you ever believe they and those goons called militants are fighting for anybody but themselves?

exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President / Bicycle Ride By Osita Chidoka To Last Federal Executive Meeting (photos) / Kano Elders Ask Court To Hasten The Exit Of The South-East From Nigeria - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.