Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation (25974 Views)

Gambia Sells Yahya Jammeh's Cars, Planes To Pay Off Debt / "Capture Yahya Jammeh Alive Or Dead": ECOWAS Issues Last Command / Photo Of Yahya Jammeh As A Young Soldier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by ruggedtimi(m): 8:23am On Jan 17, 2017
Liberia’s president Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has expressed anger and disappointment at President Yahya Jammeh of the Gambia for recording and broadcasting their private phone conversation.

Mrs Sirleaf accused Mr Jammeh of playing games.
“At the time he called me, I was thinking that he was going to find a way out of this and he was going to be able to work with the [mediation] team but clearly, clearly it was just a game. It was just a ruse on his part,” she told the BBC Focus On Africa Programme.
On Sunday, Mr Jammeh telephoned Mrs Sirleaf, chairperson of the regional bloc Ecowas, and appealed to her to help provide Supreme Court judges to preside over his election petition.
In the phone conversation which was broadcast on state television, Mr Jammeh said he want to resolve the election dispute peacefully through the court in line with the provisions of the Gambian constitution.
He also told Mrs Sirleaf that he had filed an injunction at the supreme court, which the Chief Justice today declined to hear.

But Sirleaf said it is unfortunate that Mr Jammeh had recorded the conversation without advising her of his intention.

“Unfortunately, being the person that he is, he recorded and televised the conversation without advising me of his intent to do so,” she said.
“Let me make it very, very clear. There is no change in Ecowas’s position. The constitution of the Gambia must be respected. My only duty was to take his appeal and pass it on to the mediating team.”

https://www.jollofnews.com/2017/01/16/gambia-liberias-president-goes-bananas-at-yahya-jammeh/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by dotman4real007(m): 8:31am On Jan 17, 2017
jammeh just shot himself!!!

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by dotman4real007(m): 8:32am On Jan 17, 2017
that jammeh na confirm babalawo ooo!! he is trying to cause confusion among ecowas with that video, i believe he has something to do with the dog attack on barrow's son. My opinion oooo!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by DIKEnaWAR: 8:34am On Jan 17, 2017
She is a dumb fvck and played into his hand! She hailed him and told him this is how he would have spoken and Nigeria and others would do something. She has exposed herself as having subtle support for a fellow sit tight and clueless leader. She made it look like Nigeria is the problem.

Jammeh the clown should not be trusted.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by Mynd44: 8:38am On Jan 17, 2017
Like Jammeh like Governor Fayose.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 17, 2017
Watching the drama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by Ogu83: 8:40am On Jan 17, 2017
This Jammeh guy is a master in mind games

4 Likes

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 17, 2017
Drama

1 Like

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 17, 2017
Enough of appeal...forcefully get the retarded maniac out. GAMBIA MUST BE FREE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by veekid(m): 8:41am On Jan 17, 2017
I hope this guy's case won't be like Gaddafi own

1 Like

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by kingphilip(m): 8:41am On Jan 17, 2017
If you have nothing to hide there's no need being disappointed due to the recording

I'm very sure you're speech was unworthy of what you're supposed to say but since I've not watched the video lemme not conclude yet

1 Like

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by Mynd44: 8:42am On Jan 17, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
She is a dumb fvck and played into his hand! She hailed him and told him this is how he would have spoken and Nigeria and others would do something. She has exposed herself as having subtle support for a fellow sit tight and clueless leader. She made it look like Nigeria is the problem.

Jammeh the clown should not be trusted.

She did not support him but she had to respect the fact that Jammeh is still President and she said she will see if it can be done.

Jammeh must think ECOWAS is joking with him and he is acting like some 8-yer old.

Lets wait and see what happenes from Jan 20

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by googlepikins: 8:42am On Jan 17, 2017
Buhari is useless, when will Buhari obey ECOWAS Court too. If I be jammey na slap I go slap Buhari if he enter my office. Buhari think he's above the law. Let him show example first and other African leaders will follow. Just like how Jonathan showed good example to other African leaders that if you lose election just leave. Unfortunately Buhari doesn't respect ECOWAS Court then to talk of our own Nigerian laws. Jammey have to do as Buhari is doing

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by vedaxcool(m): 8:42am On Jan 17, 2017
This man is a huge disgrace . . . pray he doesn't plunge Gambia into a crisis.
Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by HopeAlive14(m): 8:42am On Jan 17, 2017
I wish all Presidents who lost elections can be like GEJ.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by Super1Star: 8:42am On Jan 17, 2017
Ecomog will soon jam Jammeh.

His days on that seat are numbered. His days on earth I cannot say.

1 Like

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by TANKDESTROYER(m): 8:43am On Jan 17, 2017
This man's story reminds me of pharoe.....if he is not careful,he will end up like him

1 Like

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by CecyAdrian(f): 8:43am On Jan 17, 2017
Hmmmmmm, tori leke plaza! So this man instead of packing his things is looking for who to pull down with him when he crashes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by Ask4Info: 8:43am On Jan 17, 2017
When i saw that video, i wept for Yaya Jammeh.

He acted like a sinking child trying to hold unto anything to go down the dept of the water with him. Recording that conversation was totally uncalled for. He just acted like a Traitor. No one will accept to take his calls again so he is doomed. Abi shey na Buhari go gree pick him call. Not after Jonathan equally released his conversation with Buhari when he called to concede defeat in 2015.

Am i the only one that noticed in that video that Yaya Jammeh is damn scared. He only managed to put up a fake smile when she promised to look into his request.

Gambia is so small, even Vigilante and private guards guarding my Estate can Oust Jammeh from office. Why waste Military resources when Ecowas can contract me to do the job.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by UDbester(m): 8:44am On Jan 17, 2017
Ogu83:
This Jammeh guy is a master in mind games

unlike our clueless Bubu that cant even think straight.

how i wish Bubu can play a mind game on our economy like this jammeh of a guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by Cmoyor: 8:44am On Jan 17, 2017
who has d content of d phone conversation?
Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 17, 2017
Anybody have any link to where I can listen to the conversation?
Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by seunoni34(m): 8:45am On Jan 17, 2017
Yahya Jammeh knows he's going down but he doesn't want to go down alone. The funny and sad truth is that he's alone in this game he's playing. Nobody seems to be willing to dance to his tunes, they all know what happened to gadhaffi and gbagbo, African leaders are wise enough to know that his kinda moves never end well.

1 Like

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by googlepikins: 8:46am On Jan 17, 2017
vedaxcool:
This man is a huge disgrace . . . pray he doesn't plunge Gambia into a crisis.
just like how Buhari plunge us into hunger abi?

8 Likes

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by vedaxcool(m): 8:48am On Jan 17, 2017
googlepikins:
[s]just like how Buhari plunge us into hunger abi?[/s]

Sorry your laziness expects PMB to feed you everyday.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by Omalichajoe: 8:48am On Jan 17, 2017
Any link to the record?
Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by oloriooko(m): 8:48am On Jan 17, 2017
Jammeh wanted to rope Saliff and the mediating team into the mess and use it as the reason for the chaos about to burst in Gambia if he stays.

His intentions are clear and very evil of his to record the conversation and broadcast it without the consent of Saliff
Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by googlepikins: 8:49am On Jan 17, 2017
vedaxcool:

Sorry your laziness expects PMB to feed you everyday.
Buhari must go, he's an illiterate

5 Likes

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by loveme112: 8:49am On Jan 17, 2017
Okay
Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by timota(m): 8:52am On Jan 17, 2017
Mynd44:
Like Jammeh like Governor Fayose.
Fayose is the best gov in nigeria , without a person like him fulani herdmen with the support of fg would have taken over every state and kill at will as it happened in kaduna

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:57am On Jan 17, 2017
Omalichajoe:
Any link to the record?

Are you a learner undecided undecided kiss undecided
Re: Liberia’s President Goes Bananas At Yahya Jammeh Over Recorde Conversation by nurusystem(m): 8:57am On Jan 17, 2017
googlepikins:
Buhari is useless, when will Buhari obey ECOWAS Court too. If I be jammey na slap I go slap Buhari if he enter my office. Buhari think he's above the law. Let him show example first and other African leaders will follow. Just like how Jonathan showed good example to other African leaders that if you lose election just leave. Unfortunately Buhari doesn't respect ECOWAS Court then to talk of our own Nigerian laws. Jammey have to do as Buhari is doing
you are making rubbish bro

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The World’s Largest Gay Mass Wedding Holds In Brazil [photos] / Tiktok Banned On ALL US Reps-issued Mobile Devices / Fatuma Gedi Beaten By Rashid Kassim (Kenyan Lawmakers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.