Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in (32515 Views)

"Capture Yahya Jammeh Alive Or Dead": ECOWAS Issues Last Command / Breaking News: Gambia Mps Extend President Jammeh's Term / President Jammeh Using Nigerian Judges To Undermine Justice,Says Gambian Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by eagleonearth(m): 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
wheel barrow vs jammeh season 1

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
Sir jammeh wants to die

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by guychidile: 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
look, leave this man ,only Anambra state can destroy him

4 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Day11(m): 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
uchelouis45:
Time to launch Operation Python Dance or Operation Doggy Style in Gambia.

Is not funny

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by bhouze(m): 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
imagine some people are waiting to be killed next tomorrow if this results to forceful ejection of jammeh from office. Human being with quest for power. Soldiers una dey try sha, waiting to be killed because of one man's greed and quest for power.

just passing by....

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by guychidile: 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
hmm,NA waoo

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by iiiyyyk(m): 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
This Jammeh just want to spill blood b4 leaving.
sometimes I ask if Africa leaders even know the meaning of leadership and the essence of Government??

His blood will spill first.

JAMMEH MUST GO.

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by jeromzy(m): 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
Buhari and his followers are trying to plant another Fulani in Gambia...it won't work!I rest my case.

4 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Johnsown1(m): 2:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
donfemo:
Buhari who refused to obey court order on Zakzaky is asking Jammeh to observe rule of law

Imagine Mikel asking Costa not to leave for China
Lol

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Baba4dgals: 2:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
Larabae13 this is one of d story u shud b looking for

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by thunderbabs: 2:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
African leaders bin holding on to power like its their penis since 1855... Just shoot the big lip Jammeh in hiz big toe and let him leap out of office.

Shameless big-headed autocrat

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Johnsown1(m): 2:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
TinaAnita:
"Islamic Republic of Gambia"? I see. No wonder he has refused to accept defeat. Like Buhari like Jammeh..
Lol

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Grundig: 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
gej didn't waste time sending in troops to oust gbagbo. I'm not sure if that operation even lasted one week.

with a population less than ekiti state, jammeh should be picked up by hand and dragged to a cell for him to cool off.

stupid guy

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Bimpe29: 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
Let the stubborn Jammeh be booted out by fire, by force. Selfish Jammeh Must Go!!!

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by eagleonearth(m): 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mynd44:

He can't be treated like Gbagbo, that is a waste of resources. Fly jets from Senegal, drop some bombs on his motorcade, be done with it.
the able mod, i hail oo
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Johnsown1(m): 3:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
leofab:
Muslims and wahalla self
Too much of it, they are the grand commander of all the terrorist group in the world

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by DreamChoice(m): 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ok.

On the other hand...

Ladies will love this. Make some cool extra cash by becoming a distributor of the fast trending ladies eyebrows stencil. Get your eyebrow done in just one minute with 3 in 1 Eyebrow Stencil. No more delay to work and parties with 3 in 1 Eyebrow Stencil. It has 3 different shapes in a pack.
It cost N1000 in retail per pack and 8200 for 12pcks in wholesale price.

Distributors buy 12 packs wholesale for N8200 and after selling at N1000 per pack you know how much profit they make. The more you sell the more money you make on a daily basis. You can sell to friends, family, neighbors, church members, work colleagues, school mates etc.
It is a fast moving product that every lady needs so you are guaranteed to make good money.

To order kindly call or text me on +234-905-985-8188
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Ask4Info: 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2017
leofab:
Muslims and wahalla self

Are you that dumb? or you actually think being F00lish is in vogue?

Was Lauren Gbagbo a Muslim too?

Anofia 1kobo.

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2017
If Na buhari notice say him go lose he for don send DSS to kidnap the inec chairman.Na aso Rock them go declare final result.Buhari and jammeh are.

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Niceguy123: 3:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
I see
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by LePrezident(m): 3:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
Grundig:
gej didn't waste time sending in troops to oust gbagbo. I'm not sure if that operation even lasted one week.

with a population less than ekiti state, jammeh should be picked up by hand and dragged to a cell for him to cool off.

stupid guy

Gentleman, stop misinforming the public with your delusions. Nigeria played no role in the ousting of Gbagbo. It was troops from northern Ivory Coast and interference by imperialist France.

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by blackpanda: 3:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
[s]
chuose2:
Jokers everywhere.

does Buhari obey the courts?
[/s]

What is this one saying
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mynd44:
This guy thinks it is a joke.

But I think he is just seeking attention, he will step down, he wouldn't want to end up like some ex-leaders that we know
Rule no 7 has been broken by the mod himself.
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Ibime(m): 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
shotster50:
The guy had ample opportunity to leave gracefully but the power lust has driven him beyond reasoning. He will leave, in disgrace... ask Gbagbo, Mobutu and their ilk.... Having power is one thing knowing when to bow out is another.... Jammeh , being the egostistical, tyrant, cultivated a cult of his skewed personality.... His day of reckoning will be upon him soon enough...

It is not powerlust. . . . Jammeh wants full immunity and that has not been guaranteed. He wants refuge in Qatar, not Nigeria that are known to bow to foreign pressure eg Charles Taylor and Taiwan embassy

Grundig:

stupid guy

Gambia has only 7000 armed soldiers, and the Presidential Palace is exposed in Banjul. The only other areas worth taking (Serrekunda, Kololi & Kotu) are in all an area smaller than Lekki. The operation will not take a day.

Mynd44:

He can't be treated like Gbagbo, that is a waste of resources. Fly jets from Senegal, drop some bombs on his motorcade, be done with it.

Senegal must be seen to be neutral as Jammehs Jalo tribe are based mostly in Southern Senegal and also have issues wih Senegalese Govt and have had a 50 year insurgency there. Guinea Bissau can host the planes.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by owoicho13(m): 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
[quote author=owoicho13 post=52883884]Gambia’s president, Yahya Jammeh, has until midnight of Wednesday, January 18 to leave office for the swearing-in of his successor, Adama Barrow.

This is the final verdict of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), according to a report by Thisday which further said the organisation has perfected plans to ensure Barrow becomes the new president of the country on Thursday, January 19.

This new challenge for Jammeh came same day the country’s Supreme Court, headed by Chief Justice Emmanuel Fagbenle, refused to hear an application by his party, the Alliance for Patriotic Reorientation and Construction (APRC), to halt the swearing-in of Barrow.

Jammeh’s plot to remain in office beyond his legally mandated period was also punctured on Monday, January 16 with the resignation of the country’s foreign minister, Neneh MacDouall-Gaye.

The minister is to be followed by her counterparts, the minister of Finance and Economic Affairs, Addou kolley; the minister of Trade, Industry and Employment, Abdou Jobe; and the minister of Environment, Ousman Jarju.

Last week, Sheriff Bolang, the country’s information minister resigned and fled over the refusal of Jammeh to step down after his defeat in the December, 2016 poll.

A source reported that Mrs MacDouall-Gaye said her resignation was because of the prevailing circumstances, adding in her letter: “This letter serves as a formal notice of my resignation as the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of The Gambia.

“After due deliberation, I am of the conviction that under the prevailing circumstances I cannot effectively serve as foreign minister.”

Thanking Jammeh for the opportunity given her to serve, MacDouall-Gaye, who had been one of Jammeh’s most trusted allies, prayed that the political tension in the state is calmed and the issue between him and Barrow resolved.

According to a reports, there are indications the minister fled Gambia after resigning as it is believed Jammeh is increasingly being dumped.

Jammeh had initially congratulated Barrow after the latter was declared winner of the election but suddenly back-tracked and rejected the result of the poll.

The African Union and the ECOWAS have made efforts to prevail on him to step down from office with fears that it could result in civil war.

On Monday, there were unverified photographs of Gambian citizens leaving the country amid tension.

Thisday also quoted a staff of the country’s foreign ministry as saying: “From what I gathered, they are extending the olive branch till midnight of January 18th. If he does not (handover power) by 19th, the troops will take-over.”

The source said he had no idea of the troops but that they would come from ECOWAS.

When contacted, the report quoted the director of Army public relations, Brig-Gen Sani Usman, as saying that he was not aware of any plans to bring the military into the country as the issue falls into the purview of the foreign affairs ministry.

“We are not at the forefront of solving the political problem in The Gambia; we are soldiers,” he said.
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by owoicho13(m): 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2017
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by 1metre: 3:22pm On Jan 17, 2017
sheyi2me:
Call 08037970201 and send me on any driving errands.

I am a literate and a professional driver with more than 15 years driving experience boldly shown on my driving license. Driving is my hobby as vigilance, carefulness, and honesty are my driving guides.

My driving capabilities are as follow:
Fluency in English Language
 Complete knowledge of Nigerian roads
 Ability and qualifies to drive any vehicle
 Driving from one end of the country to the other
 Excellent at night driving

Call 08037970201 if you are in need of any driving emergency services

email: cherishgb@yahoo.com
you are driving from one end of the country to the other grin
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by dee02(m): 3:22pm On Jan 17, 2017
Jammeh bastard..... You need to be out by midnight tomorrow or else you'd be ruthlessly dealt with!
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by iamdynamite(m): 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
leofab:
Muslims and wahalla self
was lauren gbagbo a muslim?
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by iamdynamite(m): 3:28pm On Jan 17, 2017
jeromzy:
Buhari and his followers are trying to plant another Fulani in Gambia...it won't work!I rest my case.
how i wish you had brain
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by maj007(m): 3:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
budosky:
Jamiyu! What is your problem now

Ha ha

Why now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trump Campaign Files Lawsuit To Halt Michigan Ballot Counting Temporarily / Joe Biden Becomes The First Democrat In 28 Years To Win Georgia / Xi Jinping Is Suffering From Cerebral Aneurysm - Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.