Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,375 members, 7,815,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in (32514 Views)

"Capture Yahya Jammeh Alive Or Dead": ECOWAS Issues Last Command / Breaking News: Gambia Mps Extend President Jammeh's Term / President Jammeh Using Nigerian Judges To Undermine Justice,Says Gambian Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Ugosample(m): 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
LePrezident:

Gentle man I put it to you that you're a blatant liar. Or do you think you are talking to some uninformed teenager or something? When we started following and engaging in international politics where were you?? Not a single drop of Nigerian battalion was sent to Côte D'Ivoire please. I know the ins and outs of African politics like the back of my hand especially Ivory Coast. Stop your lies it won't wash here. Go and read!

Many of the U.N. peace keeping forxes sent to Ivory Coast were Nigerian, or you think you are talking to a teenager too grin grin grin

Ivory Coast is like another home to me so I know what I am saying......
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Ugosample(m): 6:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
LePrezident:

They weren't involved!! My God where do you people get such tales from Involved how? ECOWAS was not involved one bit or you think Ivory Coast is some tiny nation like Gambia that ECOWAS can be aggressive towards anyhow? ECOWAS was practically begging Gbagbo whiles insurgents from Bouake and Yamoussoukro in northern Ivory Coast marched on Abidjan. These rebels supporting Alassane Dramani Ouattarra were covertly assisted by French forces present in the country then. In fact these French forces located and captured Gbagbo but when the TV cameras came they dissappeared leaving just the Ivorian rebels.

I remember that war very well back then in 2010 because my girl friend then (Ivorien) had just returned home for holidays and she was caught in the centre. I remember when I call her regularly I heard gun shots and helicopter sounds because she stayed close to the Presidential Villa in Cocodi, Abidjan.

You are talking of cocody cheesy

The main heat was in Youpougon, and it was not funny there,

Many gbagbo loyalists were hiding there, and they did some bad things to my friends..
Thank God i was not in the country then, because if I were grin

So forget that thing, I know exactly what I am saying that Nigerian troops were on ground to do the needful.
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by LePrezident(m): 6:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ugosample:

You are talking of cocody cheesy

The main heat was in Youpougon, and it was not funny there,

Many gbagbo loyalists were hiding there, and they did some bad things to my friends..
Thank God i was not in the country then, because if I were grin

So forget that thing, I know exactly what I am saying that Nigerian troops were on ground to do the needful.

There were no Nigerian troops on the ground. I'm done telling you this. Your claims here won't affect the facts of history. In what capacity and under what authority were Nigerian troops on the ground? No ECOWAS, AU or UN troops were sanctioned to intervene so tell me what capacity were Nigerian troops there? To invade Ivory Coast? Or you think invading Ivory Coast is as easy as frying beans?

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Ugosample(m): 6:21pm On Jan 17, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Yes l did, l also went to Sene-Gambia club, and other places l cant recall their names now, l ate rice-banku prepared by one igbo guy in Banjul, met another elderly yoruba man who has a hotel in Banjul and l was told he has lived in Gambia for decades,l think he as the president or chairman of Nigeria association in the Gambia, l slept in his hotel for few days

Very good jare....
You should travel more within WA, it will expose you to a lot....

But if you are visiting Ghana, *lips sealed* that one go get as e be small.
I'll recommend Togo, Ivory Coast, Burkina and also Senegal.
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by LePrezident(m): 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ugosample:

Many of the U.N. peace keeping forxes sent to Ivory Coast were Nigerian, or you think you are talking to a teenager too grin grin grin

Ivory Coast is like another home to me so I know what I am saying......

Gentlman, they were UN troops stationed there to protect UN installations. They were not sanctioned to intervene or take sides on the matter. Even the French troops who were present in the country were there in the guise of protecting the many French citizens and investments present in Ivory Coast. But the French took sides with Ouatarra who was their darling and in addition they believe he had a soft spot for France since his wife is French.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Ugosample(m): 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2017
LePrezident:

Gentlman, they were UN troops stationed there to protect UN installations. They were not sanctioned to intervene or take sides on the matter. Even the French troops who were present in the country were there in the guise of protecting the many French citizens and investments present in Ivory Coast. But the French took sides with Ouatarra who was their darling and in addition they believe he had a soft spot for France since his wife is French.

And you think the Nigerian soldiers on ground did not take sides too, okay o, I have heard.

And what is that talk about invading Ivory Coast

If the French hands off Ivory Coast, Nigeria will pummel Her, Nigerian forces are not cockroach forces like the coward Ghanaian forces that were supposed to aid us in Sierra Leone under Ecomog, or the CAR army....

If Nigeria has to invade Ivory Coast, we sure will, if the French just leave the two countries to face each other and not take sides.
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by AngelicBeing: 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ugosample:

Very good jare....
You should travel more within WA, it will expose you to a lot....

But if you are visiting Ghana, *lips sealed* that one go get as e be small.
I'll recommend Togo, Ivory Coast, Burkina and also Senegal.
Gambia would have been a better country supposing they have a visionary leader and not these illiterate criminal, voodoo infested tyrant called Jameh, l only visited for just 2 weeks and l saw so many potentials in the country although Gambia citizens are not as entrepreneurial like other English speaking West African countries , they like booze, parties, inviting tourist for marriage grin grin etc
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Shikena(m): 6:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
LePrezident:

There were no Nigerian troops on the ground. I'm done telling you this. Your claims here won't affect the facts of history. On what capacity and under what authority were Nigerian troops on the ground? No ECOWAS, AU or UN troops were sanctioned to intervene so tell me what capacity were Nigerian troops there? To invade Ivory Coast? Or you think invading Ivory Coast is as easy as frying beans?
Stop typing rubbish. Nigerian troops were there as part of UN force.
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by LePrezident(m): 6:33pm On Jan 17, 2017
Shikena:

Stop typing rubbish. Nigerian troops were there as part of UN force.

Stop saying rubbish. UN force did not intervene in the impasse. They just stood and watched as the country turned against its head.
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by LePrezident(m): 6:34pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ugosample:

And you think the Nigerian soldiers on ground did not take sides too, okay o, I have heard.

And what is that talk about invading Ivory Coast

If the French hands off Ivory Coast, Nigeria will pummel Her, Nigerian forces are not cockroach forces like the coward Ghanaian forces that were supposed to aid us in Sierra Leone under Ecomog, or the CAR army....

If Nigeria has to invade Ivory Coast, we sure will, if the French just leave the two countries to face each other and not take sides.

Nigerian forces cannot take sides unilaterally without a mandate or you think international politics is child's play. And if you think invading Ivory Coast is like frying beans, go and try.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by APCmyheart(m): 7:21pm On Jan 17, 2017
chuose2:
Jokers everywhere.

does Buhari obey the courts?

Jammeh is recruiting soldiers will you go and join then?
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Derealme(m): 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
It's high tym Africa leaders started to respect democracy n its rules of law. Most of these leaders have turned the position they found themselves as their birth place.
It is tym we the youth stand up for our right and fight for it. We are leaders of tomorrow; this is a statement we pretend to understand but absolutely we understand it not. We prefer to maintain the status quo, and this is eating deeply into our future.
We have presidents of 20 years on this continent. so whr is the future for the youth? A question we should keep asking ourselves till we find an answer.
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by APCmyheart(m): 7:35pm On Jan 17, 2017
Pwayne2016:
Dis Jammeh na Anoda Buhari ooo

Very wicked human being though Buhari na Cow brain im get

Your Father with fish brain where is he?
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by APCmyheart(m): 7:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
bkak:
abeg leave dis man alone

So he can continue rulling abi..
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by APCmyheart(m): 7:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thisis2raw:
When ECOWAS leaders are people like Buhari. Nobody takes them serious.

I guess that's why Jammeh ain't even scared

You people keep mentioning Buhari, Has Buhari ever lost an election as an incumbent?
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by larabae13(f): 8:12pm On Jan 17, 2017
Baba4dgals:
Larabae13 this is one of d story u shud b looking for
grin I hear
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Thisis2raw(m): 11:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ruggedpen:

THE SAME ECOWAS TOLD BUHARI TO RELEASE DASUKI AND BUHARI REFUSE WHY ARE THEY KEEPING MUTE ON IT.
i have been asking that all day long..... as long asBuhari is among the peace ambassadors am not taking them serious
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by Thisis2raw(m): 11:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
APCmyheart:

You people keep mentioning Buhari, Has Buhari ever lost an election as an incumbent?
just hold your peace... 2019 isnt far. is this not the same ECOWAS that buhari to release Dasuki and Kanu?
Re: ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in by APCmyheart(m): 11:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thisis2raw:
just hold your peace... 2019 isnt far. is this not the same ECOWAS that buhari to release Dasuki and Kanu?

Even the world can never ask Buhari to release Nnamdi Kanu a rebell and Dasuki that caused deaths of thousands of people in North east..

Kanu is a British citizen, have you ever been the British talk anything about him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trump Campaign Files Lawsuit To Halt Michigan Ballot Counting Temporarily / Joe Biden Becomes The First Democrat In 28 Years To Win Georgia / Xi Jinping Is Suffering From Cerebral Aneurysm - Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.