Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC (18444 Views)

Mantu Never Rigged Elections For Us, PDP Replies APC / Amaechi Was Governor When 32 People Were Killed In Omoku - Wike Replies APC / Reno Omokri Replies APC Statement That Nobody Looted Like Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by OrientDailyNews: 12:13pm On Jan 18, 2017

The Office of the Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, has dismissed as false, insinuations and reports that the Senator could be on his way to the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, to save his job.

In a statement made available to reporters in Abuja, the Special Assistant to the Deputy President of the Senate on Political Affairs, Hon. Okey Ozoani, described the reports as “a fantasy of those peddling it.”

He assured the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) faithful and Nigerians that “Ekweremadu is going no where.”

He said: “Senator Ekweremadu is not contemplating leaving PDP. He is more concerned about fixing the country’s biting economic and security conditions and other challenges than saving his job as the Deputy President of the Senate.

“It is his view that Nigeria has to first exist for us to have political parties to belong to or political offices to occupy. Studies have shown a direct relationship between economic conditions and survival of democracy.

“The primary responsibility the Constitution places on our government is to cater for the wellbeing of the citizens as well as security of their lives and property. When such are threatened, everyone should necessarily get serious and preoccupied with contributing his or her quota to salvaging the country.

“Besides, he is most grateful to his colleagues for the confidence they continue to repose in him and the Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki. He is grateful for the solidarity that the Senators have continued to accord them”.

Hon. Ozoani, while appreciating Ekweremadu’s supporters and well meaning Nigerians who have continued to contact the Office over recent media reports, assured them that there was no cause for alarm. He urged them to continue to pray for the Senate leadership, the Senate, the National Assembly, and indeed the government and the entire nation.

“By strength alone shall no man prevail. Therefore, let us get down on our knees and continue to present the government and the country before God”, Ozoani added.

DAILY POST recalls that the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria was greeted with overture from the APC caucus in a motion moved by Senator Kabiru Marafa (Zamafara Central) on Wednesday, 11th January 2017, asking the deputy Senate President to cross over to the ruling party.
There have been other reports since then, that the APC caucus may be using the proposal to threaten Ekweremadu in his exalted office of the deputy President of the Senate.

cc:Lalasticlala
[url]https://orientdailynews.com/defection-i-am-going-nowhere-ekweremadu-replies-apc/ [/url]

cc:Lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by kcnwaigbo: 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
ikeoha Aninri!!!
Ikeoha Enugu!!!
ikeoha Ndigbo nile!!!

May you live long.The igbos has nothing to do with the fraud called APC.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by sarrki(m): 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2017
kcnwaigbo:
ikeoha Aninri!!!
Ikeoha Enugu!!!
ikeoha Ndigbo nile!!!

May you live long.The igbos has nothing to do with the fraud called APC.

So you are OK with the Zoo arrangement now

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by Fedayeen02: 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
sarrki:

Sarrki try to eat food haba

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by Thisis2raw(m): 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
Apc senators are becoming so petty and ignorant

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
people are suffering across the country cause of their fooolish actions

but they are busy playing party politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by kcnwaigbo: 12:28pm On Jan 18, 2017
sarrki:

HOW CAN I BE HAPPY WHEN AN INCOMPETENT AND CLUELESS slowpoke IS IN POWER.THE DOLLAR IS N500 TO $1 AS WE SPEAK.PRICE OF STAPLE FOOD ITEMS HAVE COMPLETELY GONE HAYWIRE

41 Likes

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by hyfr(m): 12:28pm On Jan 18, 2017
I've been wanting to ask, is his defection going to make things better in the country? Why is his defection of utmost important to APC. This is just a case of a man whose house is on fire chasing a rat. We have more urgent issues APC has to handle than this.

9 Likes

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by Thisis2raw(m): 12:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
sarrki:

oh u are back?

Finally MTN had dash you some free mb.

24 Likes

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by wunmi590(m): 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
Good one from the stable of Igbo, correct man
Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by sarrki(m): 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
Fedayeen02:
Sarrki try to eat food haba

We are on fasting to revive our country

For what your hero and heroine caused us

5 Likes

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by angeltolly(f): 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
**in jenifa's voice**...... Is you that sabi o undecided if you like go somewhere tongue
Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by Godprotectigbo2(f): 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
sarrki:

meremere na ihu mgbepete na azu dats wat u are

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by WOCKHARDI(m): 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
Join APC for what? What have they and their Oga at the top achieved. Anyone joining them now is either corrupt or greedy for obvious reasons. So far they are not sincerely serving Nigeria rather Nigeria is serving them.

2 Likes

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by sammyj: 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
This man is a such a slow spoke. Imagine him just responding to the APC's comment since over two weeks which set me thinking why we are where we are in law and policy making in this country!!! angry undecided
Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by CXLVII: 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
grin grin grin

You almost out Ekweremadu
Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by kcnwaigbo: 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
sarrki:

So it is fasting that will revive the economy.I wonder what zombies have inside their skull

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by sarrki(m): 12:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
Godprotectigbo2:

dd

Sis wetin be dd again ooo

Am waiting for your comment

As usual
Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by Godprotectigbo2(f): 12:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
sarrki:

Sis wetin be dd again ooo

Am waiting for your comment

As usual

i will reply u fully .....not yet

am still monitoring u

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by sarrki(m): 12:34pm On Jan 18, 2017
kcnwaigbo:

So it is fasting that will revive the economy.I wonder what zombies have inside their skull

What it mean is what we are going Trhough as a nation
Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by 48noble(m): 12:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
ugly dirty filthy call
Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by guychidile: 12:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
cross carpeting where..,this APC self,why are they wrangling for offices while the nation is on fire...arbegi call a spade a spade.
stop that leadership torsel and get the nation out of this recession...period.

1 Like

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by Eastactivist: 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2017
sarrki:

Fasting and expecting buhari to revive an economy he obviously plunged the country into is like undertaking a suicide mission.

Pls fast hard whether in foolishness or not no one gives a fk.
If Ekweremandu decamp now, you will be the first to start wailing like you did for OUK. Yimmu

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by amclimax(m): 12:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
his business not mine
next,
Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by googlepikins: 12:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
PDP is going nowhere. Saraki is PDP, PDP is saraki. Zombie Moslems can go and die
Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by buchilino(m): 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
kcnwaigbo:

2 MUCH FUFU
Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by Royalfurnitures: 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
Yes, you are going nowhere, let them Impeach you if they can.

Pls check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC by Unigrad: 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
God will deliver dis country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zamfara Governor, Bello Matawalle Set To Join APC / Court Fixes May 18 To Decide Kanu’s Bail Request / 2023 Presidency: Why South East Can’t Reap Where It Didn’t Sow, By Yoruba Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.