Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,186 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) (905 Views)

They Met On Twitter, Now They Are Getting Married / 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors / This Lady Made The First Move On Her Man, She's Now Married For Four Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by BluntMadmoiselle(f): 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
I'm not married, neither am I getting married any time soon. I just feel I should share the things I'd consider before making someone my everlasting companion. I've heard couples wish they had communicated their expectations about married life before tying the knot. If you're thinking about getting married, you and your partner probably already have a lot of things in common.

The experiences you share in your relationship will serve as the foundation for your marriage. At some points, the excitement of deciding to get married dies down a little, thereby making it boring, overwhelming or scary.
1.Do you love him just as he is?: Only God knows where some ladies got the idea of "I'll change him when we get married" from. That specific thing you detest about your guy now will really grate on you after marriage. Don't kid yourself into thinking he'll change once you're married. That's a blueprint for disappointment. Ladies, decide what's a dealbreaker and what's not before your boyfriend becomes your husband.

2. Do you really love him or it's the idea of getting married that's playing soccer in your brain: Don't get married just because you're caught up in bridal excitement or it seems like it's the next thing in your life or because your friends are tying the knot.

3. His financial situation : Beyond his salary, my sisters, know how much he has in savings, how much debt he's carrying is really important. I'm sure you don't want any surprises after marriage.

4. How many kids you wanna have: Some couples don't want kids. Sit down with your fiancé and have a true heart-to-heart discussion. If you're not on the same page, you'll have to compromise in a big way.

5. Talk about religion and values: They might not seem like a big deal now, but religion and morals play a bigger role in marriage than some couples expect. For a lot of people, fights happen when the other person turns out to be more religious than they thought. You might go into marriage not caring, but the problems start as the children arrive and you're deciding how to raise them, so, talk about your faith and how you see it affecting your shared life right now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by Crusherdaniels(m): 6:50pm On Jan 18, 2017
FTC
Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
ok. for guys, its making money first.

who money epp

T34M V1RG1N
Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by frenzydilz(m): 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2017
On point
Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by CaroLyner(f): 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2017
Duly Noted
Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
CaroLyner:
Duly Noted
Duly Noted As if you will follow all those tips
Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by ArchEnemy(m): 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
Habits: some recklessness might be looming

Potentials: Not just his money but his potentials Sis

Attitude: his attitude towards people especially women
Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by winetapper: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
Give him problems and watch how he solves them
Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 18, 2017
Your boo must be a very luck guy. Such an intelligent write up.

Truly, marriage is not for the faint-hearted. It's always good to consider a lot of things as you mentioned.
Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by BluntMadmoiselle(f): 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
TakeMeSerious:
Your boo must be a very luck guy. Such an intelligent write up.

Truly, marriage is not for the faint-hearted. It's always good to consider a lot of things as you mentioned.

Thanks
Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by firstking01(m): 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
When it comes to the issue of marriage i'm doing away with anything love....love alone cannot sustain marriage.
Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by CaroLyner(f): 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Duly Noted As if you will follow all those tips
remember when i asked for your opinion?
me neither
Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
CaroLyner:
remember when i asked for your opinion?
me neither
You don't have to ask for my opinion, it a Free world

Frowning doesn't fit you. Put on a radiant smile on that sexy face and Let's ROLL ON
Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by CaroLyner(f): 10:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
TheSlyone2:

You don't have to ask for my opinion, it a Free world

Frowning doesn't fit you. Put on a radiant smile on that sexy face and Let's ROLL ON
Lol,we cool
Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by Nobody: 5:35am On Jan 19, 2017
CaroLyner:
Lol,we cool
Yea, we cool. Good Morning Carol

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Getting Married(for Ladies) by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 19, 2017
Reference to #1: There's no such thing as potential. You either take him for who he is right now Or leave him alone.

(1) (Reply)

10 Hot Sexy Images Of Beyonce Knowles / Lol,so Rapist Can Be Victims / Photo Of The Day: Woman Marries A Crippled Short Man And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.