Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Sen. Ekweremadu - I Am Not Contemplating On Leaving Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen. Ekweremadu - I Am Not Contemplating On Leaving Pdp (375 Views)

Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC / Fuel Scarcity: FG Not Contemplating Hike In Petrol Pump Price - SGF Says / Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Ekweremadu - I Am Not Contemplating On Leaving Pdp by flimzy24: 10:06pm On Jan 18, 2017
The Deputy senate President of Nigeria, Senator Ike Ekweremadu speaking through his special Assistant on Political Affairs, Hon. Okey Ozoani,has described rumors of his deflection to the All Progressives Congress (APC) as false, promising Nigerians and the Peoples Democratic Party of his firm and undivided membership to the party, "i am going nowhere." the statement read,

“Senator Ekweremadu is not contemplating leaving PDP. He is more concerned about fixing the country’s biting economic and security conditions and other challenges than saving his job as the Deputy President of the Senate.

“It is his view that Nigeria has to first exist for us to have political parties to belong to or political offices to occupy. Studies have shown a direct relationship between economic conditions and survival of democracy.

“The primary responsibility the Constitution places on our government is to cater for the wellbeing of the citizens as well as security of their lives and property. When such are threatened, everyone should necessarily get serious and preoccupied with contributing his or her quota to salvaging the country.

“Besides, he is most grateful to his colleagues for the confidence they continue to repose in him and the Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki. He is grateful for the solidarity that the Senators have continued to accord them”.

http://www.politicalng.com.ng/2017/01/sen-ekweremadu-i-am-not-contemplating.html?m=1

Re: Sen. Ekweremadu - I Am Not Contemplating On Leaving Pdp by drey69(m): 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Why A Man Will Marry You / Gossipmongers On President Buhari’s Health To Be Arrested / God Told Me To Tell Nigerians This. You Have The Power To Save Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.