Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,691 members, 7,820,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile (2917 Views)

"I Will Not Go On Exile" – Nnamdi Kanu / Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) / Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by humilitypays(m): 6:00am On Jan 19, 2017
Barely a few hours before his mandate expires, President Yahya Jammeh of the Gambia is reported to have accepted a last-minute deal to relinquish power peacefully and go into exile.

According to reports from Banjul which are yet to be independently confirmed, Mr Jammeh agreed to step down  in the interest of peace and stability of the Gambia after a tense closed door meeting with the visiting president of Mauritania, Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz.

Reports added that Mr Jammeh will leave for Mauritania tonight with President Aziz.

It is not clear whether he will settle there permanently or move to another country.

Mr Jammeh’s mandate expires at midnight tonight after his surprised defeat in last month’s election by opposition candidate Adama Barrow.

He had vowed to cling to power after accusing the country’s electoral commission of rigging the election in favour of the opposition.

His attempt to overturn the election result at the Supreme Court has been delayed because of a shortage of judges as most of the judges come from neighbouring countries.

Neighbouring Senegal and Nigeria have threatened to storm Banjul militarily and enforce last month’s election results unless he steps down by midnight.

Source: https://www.jollofnews.com/2017/01/18/gambia-jammeh-bows-down-to-pressure-agrees-to-go-into-exile/

1 Like

Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by Nobody: 6:03am On Jan 19, 2017
I think say this guy get lever, so na only mouth he get. Afonja blood must be running on this vein.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:03am On Jan 19, 2017
Oh! How I wish the man still proves stubborn till they have to use the butt of gun to hit that his big head/mouth

Abeg! Let them send our gallant men back home asap! Dem just allow them waste fuel and energy loading into aircrafts

That nigga wey dey my top, that's my position you know undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by humilitypays(m): 6:05am On Jan 19, 2017
I expected this, but then, for making Nigeria and Senegal to waste scarce resources, I think Jammeh deserves to be tried and jailed!

Imagine the waste this fool caused his country people buying last minute flight and boat tickets to flee their home to avoid being caught in the crossfire.

Imagine how much scarce resources Nigeria just ‎wasted to fuel those jets and patrol military boats to Gambia

Jammeh deserves to be tried and jailed to serve as a deterrent to other stubborn African leaders, what nonsense!! ‎

1 Like

Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by nero2face: 6:07am On Jan 19, 2017
see how Gambia is boiling...that shows us what GEJ saved us all from...it's good to be good...

9 Likes

Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:07am On Jan 19, 2017
atarapa:
I think say this guy get lever, so na only mouth he get. Afonja blood must be running on this vein.

And I told John to look over you very well.
Please go back to your cage

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by seunlayi(m): 6:08am On Jan 19, 2017
Nigeria can offer him one at Sambissa forest
Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 19, 2017
U don hear? John was among those mistakenly bomb by naf in borno
ishowdotgmail:

And I told John to look over you very well.
Please go back to your cage
Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:21am On Jan 19, 2017
atarapa:
U don hear? John was among those mistakenly bomb by naf in borno

Eeeyah cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by doctimonyeka(m): 6:27am On Jan 19, 2017
Good riddance to utter rubbish....

Na im papa house

Dat president too dull...
Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by Rilwayne001: 6:32am On Jan 19, 2017
Jollof news indeed. sad
Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by saintmark88(m): 6:33am On Jan 19, 2017
nero2face:
see how Gambia is boiling...that shows us what GEJ saved us all from...it's good to be good...

GEJ had no choice, he would have received the same treatment as jammeh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by Pavore9: 6:35am On Jan 19, 2017
Yeye man!
Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by Funnyguy83: 6:39am On Jan 19, 2017
akuko uwa .
Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by jericco1(m): 6:39am On Jan 19, 2017
I doubt
Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by Corrinthians(m): 6:42am On Jan 19, 2017
What a source. Why not peppersoupnews.com?

Bloggers would be the first to go to hell when the time comes honestly. Their lies are just irritating.
Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by Corrinthians(m): 6:44am On Jan 19, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Jollof news indeed. sad
It's a shame people believe it and are even commenting about it. Not even a single word in quote, plus the useless source. angry

1 Like

Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by kokoA(m): 6:45am On Jan 19, 2017
nero2face:
Abi he saved himself. undecided
Re: Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile by Mynd44: 6:47am On Jan 19, 2017
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland

1 Like

(1)

NBA Has Reinvited El-rufa’i / Eastern Security Network Invades “fulani Terrorist” Camps / Benue People Knock Ortom Over Multi-Billion Palace For Tor Tiv (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.