Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... (56047 Views)

LAUTECH: Nigeria Best State University in Pictures / Mother, Son And Daughter Convoke Together At University Of Port Harcourt / Lady Bares Cleavage At University Of Port-Harcourt Matriculation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by mechanics(m): 11:27am On Jan 19, 2017
Nt bad, d sch make sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 11:27am On Jan 19, 2017
LorDBolton:

Bros I can't see drains on their roads, that's funny

+ the health centre isn't actually well situated

Unibens (though poorly equipped) is situated close to hostels, ssq n jsq where 'students' can easily access them...
drains are underground.. Do u want me to dig it up? Smh

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 19, 2017
dingbang:
Founded in 1975, University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) is a second-generation Federal University located in the Niger-Delta region of Nigeria with over 50,000 students and a strong focus in Petroleum Engineering. Formerly known as University College, Port Harcourt, UNIPORT has been ranked amongst the top ten universities in Africa and as the first in Nigeria by Times Higher Education (THE); a UK-based source for higher education information.

Under the administration of the past Vice Chancellor, Professor Nimi Briggs, UNIPORT recently reached a milestone by being the first university to train the first set of Nuclear Engineers in Nigeria. The University also won a grant from the World Bank to build up a center of excellence in oilfield chemicals. The University has been noted as one of the best institutions in Nigeria involved in the study of business ethics and indigenous entrepreneurship development.

UNIPORT is affiliated with the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Association of African Universities (AAU) and the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital. This great citadel of learning has a number of notable alumni, some of which include; Former President of Nigeria GCFR, Goodluck Jonathan; Minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi and numerous Nigerian Senators.

Key Things to Note:

Founded : 1975

Fields of study: Arts, Sciences, Engineering, Management

Motto: For enlightenment and Self Reliance ( I tell you that this motto is working in me.)

Now let us take a tour around Uniport and see the serenity of one of Nigeria's top Universities... cheesy

Mynd44, lalasticlala
Uniport. hmmmn not so fine structurally.
Go and See ABU,UI,Covenant,Futminna,BUK

3 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by Drienzia: 11:28am On Jan 19, 2017
Old buildings . Old paints. Dirty environment .lack of maintenance. OP. come to RSUST AND SEE THINGS FOR YOURSELF
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by 3mmyz(m): 11:28am On Jan 19, 2017
Still don't like it
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by erico2k2(m): 11:30am On Jan 19, 2017
dingbang:
thank u so much for this. Same thing I did here, it won't take me a sweat to do the same for other universities, still yet they will still complain about them.
I was at Uniport last weekend, at the staff club where they got the pool, they where doing thier election campaign and was invited, it was refreshing to see how far they have gone, I also learnt they are upgrading and renovating the Hostels as well hence resumption dates is now 29th is this true?
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by erico2k2(m): 11:32am On Jan 19, 2017
dingbang:
Epic answer grin grin grin grin
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by LorDBolton(m): 11:34am On Jan 19, 2017
dingbang:

Drains are UNDERGROUND? Lol where are the pores? To allow water flow into the underground drains?

Like I said I can't see any drains

+ these r promo pics obviously so carry on.

I can c renovations being carried out everywhere there kudos to the schools mngt
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by erico2k2(m): 11:35am On Jan 19, 2017
For all thos who say this Uni is not fine Old buildings etc ok,well why dont you guys post pictures of your own school lets compare, ie take fotos of your senate buildings and most faculties.then your points will make sense, don just type gibrish(No offence)
I finished from a very Rubbish school but I earned and learned something(ESUTH)
the bottom line is, fine school wont add any value to your degree unless you put in the work

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 11:35am On Jan 19, 2017
erico2k2:

I was at Uniport last weekend, at the staff club where they got the pool, they where doing thier election campaign and was invited, it was refreshing to see how far they have gone, I also learnt they are upgrading and renovating the Hostels as well hence resumption dates is now 29th is this true?
wow I was also around there as well. Came to get petrol.. Yes they are upgrading the hostels and it is also tru that the resumption date is 29th.. If u are opportuned to enter the campus, u will see a lot of work in progress... Law faculty building is almost done.. Just painting remain.. Other new buildings inside inside dat are yet to be completed
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 11:36am On Jan 19, 2017
LorDBolton:

Drains are UNDERGROUND? Lol where are the pores? To allow water flow into the underground drains?

I can c renovations being carried out everywhere there kudos to the schools mngt
niccur it is obvious u have a problem
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 11:39am On Jan 19, 2017
erico2k2:

Epic answer grin grin grin grin
nna eh my brother.. Shebi u are seeing the way some people reason... Dat is why Nigeria will not progress... Must their only be above ground drains? Kai... Lord have mercy grin

Its just like as if I take pics of a filling station and someone is asking me where are the storage tanks
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by LorDBolton(m): 11:39am On Jan 19, 2017
dingbang:
niccur it is obvious u have a problem

And u have a problem with the truth
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by bethelbrill(m): 11:40am On Jan 19, 2017
Drienzia:
Old buildings . Old paints. Dirty environment .lack of maintenance. OP. come to RSUST AND SEE THINGS FOR YOURSELF

Chai! I know its heart breaking after writing post utme for four years and they didn't give you admission, you had to settle for RSUST, I know how you feel. Take heart.

5 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by betterABIAstate: 11:42am On Jan 19, 2017
dingbang:
wow I was also around there as well. Came to get petrol.. Yes they are upgrading the hostels and it is also tru that the resumption date is 29th.. If u are opportuned to enter the campus, u will see a lot of work in progress... Law faculty building is almost done.. Just painting remain.. Other new buildings inside inside dat are yet to be completed
I think umudike (my school) is more serene than UNIPORT (from these pictures), though uniport isn't that bad.

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by Drienzia: 11:45am On Jan 19, 2017
bethelbrill:

Chai! I know its heart breaking after writing post utme for four years and they didn't give you admission, you had to settle for RSUST, I know how you feel. Take heart.
So uniport had a law faculty as at 4yrs back abi? Lol.. How u guys jump into conclusion . come to Rsust and see things bro. I have been to these two uni. Sentiments apart ..
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 11:46am On Jan 19, 2017
betterABIAstate:
I think umudike (my school) is more serene than UNIPORT (from these picture), though uniport isn't that bad.
why not create a thread for umudike... Jeez!
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by betterABIAstate: 11:48am On Jan 19, 2017
dingbang:
why not create a thread for umudike... Jeez!
Don't feel bad about it. Just an observation, Uniport is cool though. I have been to so many other schools and I think uniport is ok
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 19, 2017
Where are pictures of the Male hostel at Abuja- Nelson Mandela, the male hostel at choba- the Man O' war zone and the bungalow buildings at choba?

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by erico2k2(m): 11:55am On Jan 19, 2017
dingbang:
I know, I did supply for some Chinese people there and I own Biz interest around the school environment at choba.I like the Law faculty buildings
And I come to realize the school is actually self sufficient according to thier Budget.
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by erico2k2(m): 11:57am On Jan 19, 2017
majekdom2:
Where are pictures of the Male hostel at Abuja, the male hostel at choba- the Man O' war zone and the bungalow buildings at choba?
Guy I dey suspect you ohhhh lol why male? grin grin
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 11:57am On Jan 19, 2017
majekdom2:
Where are pictures of the Male hostel at Abuja, the male hostel at choba- the Man O' war zone and the bungalow buildings at choba?
have sense
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 19, 2017
d whole of d sch is equivalent to Abadinna College inside UI...... not even ISI
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 11:58am On Jan 19, 2017
erico2k2:

I know, I did supply for some Chinese people there and I own Biz interest around the school environment at choba.I like the Law faculty buildings
And I come to realize the school is actually self sufficient according to thier Budget.
wow... We can be friends.. Please I would like to request for an appointment with you Sir...

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 19, 2017
d whole of d sch is equivalent to Abadinna College inside UI...... not even ISI....... ;Dd

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by nbright: 12:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
dingbang:
Welcome to Our Savior's Chapel, an Inter Denominational Church where people come from different parishes to worship the lord.. A Sunday service in this Church is awesome. Their praises in fact can make the angels want to bless you... Thinking of where to worship this Sunday? OSC as it's popularly called is the right place for you...

They have a bus that stations at the school gate so members who aren't mobile can join the bus and get transported to the church in due time... Mehn u really have to visit this church on Sunday... I will be there to welcome you
My course mate had her wedding reception there
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 12:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
nbright:
My course mate had her wedding reception there
wow great to know that.... At least its better where you have a lot of parking space that expensive hotels...
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by betterABIAstate: 12:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
LuqMan1914:
d whole of d sch is equivalent to Abadinna College inside UI...... not even ISI....... ;Dd
please shut up, uniport is very big with about four major campuses.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by erico2k2(m): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
LorDBolton:

if you have a look at the pic of the entrance to the power plant Im sure you will spot what you where looking for ie Drains.
Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by BlackMystery(f): 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2017
Pls did u go into MBA1 n 2 n see how we suffer to hear plus d sweat...or d toilet dt cn gv Aids,the series of stairs we hv to climb n d grlz hostel that is half the size of my toilet grin

2 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
betterABIAstate:
please shut up, uniport is very big with about four major campuses.
lolz...... was just kiddin tho

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
BlackMystery:
Pls did u go into MBA1 n 2..n see how we suffer to hear plus d sweat...or d toilet dt cn gv Aids or the series of stairs we hv to climb
every hostel that is built by the school management is under renovation... That is why d resumption date is on d 29th... Goodbye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating / Meet Esther Chukwuemeka, The Youngest Lawyer Called To The Nigerian Bar (Photo) / Best Primary Schools In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.