Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... (56175 Views)

LAUTECH: Nigeria Best State University in Pictures / Mother, Son And Daughter Convoke Together At University Of Port Harcourt / Lady Bares Cleavage At University Of Port-Harcourt Matriculation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 7:53am On Jan 19, 2017
Founded in 1975, University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) is a second-generation Federal University located in the Niger-Delta region of Nigeria with over 50,000 students and a strong focus in Petroleum Engineering. Formerly known as University College, Port Harcourt, UNIPORT has been ranked amongst the top ten universities in Africa and as the first in Nigeria by Times Higher Education (THE); a UK-based source for higher education information.

Under the administration of the past Vice Chancellor, Professor Nimi Briggs, UNIPORT recently reached a milestone by being the first university to train the first set of Nuclear Engineers in Nigeria. The University also won a grant from the World Bank to build up a center of excellence in oilfield chemicals. The University has been noted as one of the best institutions in Nigeria involved in the study of business ethics and indigenous entrepreneurship development.

UNIPORT is affiliated with the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Association of African Universities (AAU) and the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital. This great citadel of learning has a number of notable alumni, some of which include; Former President of Nigeria GCFR, Goodluck Jonathan; Minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi and numerous Nigerian Senators.

Key Things to Note:

Founded : 1975

Fields of study: Arts, Sciences, Engineering, Management

Motto: For enlightenment and Self Reliance ( I tell you that this motto is working in me.)

Now let us take a tour around Uniport and see the serenity of one of Nigeria's top Universities... cheesy

Mynd44, lalasticlala

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 7:53am On Jan 19, 2017
Abuja Park Gate... Alias Unipark...

4 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 7:54am On Jan 19, 2017
Just after the University Gate is The Obi Lulu Briggs Health center, it was a wise decision that the health center be located few meters near the gate in case of life threatening emergencies..... Unique Uniport... cool

3 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 7:54am On Jan 19, 2017
Right after Obi Lulu Briggs Health center is the Gladys Cookey Resource Center (International DayCare, Nursery and Primary School) ... One thing I love about this school is the spacious environment for kids to play and the paintings... If you are thinking of a good place to send ur wards, then Gladys Cookey Resource Center is the right place for your ward.... Fresh kids full there scarra.... wink

2 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 7:55am On Jan 19, 2017
Road leading into the school, see how fresh and clean the environment looks like.... Thumbs up to this wonderful institution

3 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 7:55am On Jan 19, 2017
Welcome to Our Savior's Chapel, an Inter Denominational Church where people come from different parishes to worship the lord.. A Sunday service in this Church is awesome. Their praises in fact can make the angels want to bless you... Thinking of where to worship this Sunday? OSC as it's popularly called is the right place for you...

They have a bus that stations at the school gate so members who aren't mobile can join the bus and get transported to the church in due time... Mehn u really have to visit this church on Sunday... I will be there to welcome you

4 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 7:57am On Jan 19, 2017
Just beside OSC is the Chapel of the Annunciation, A very beautiful and serene Catholic Church in Uniport. Masses are conducted by 7am (first mass) and 9:30am (second mass) Evening masses are also held at 6pm for those who aren't able to meet up during the day.

One thing I also like about this church is that they also have buses that will convey you to the park after masses for those who aren't mobile.. Also, the homily is second to none... The priests just wow you with preachings that will enlighten your week.. Worship with us this Sunday.. I still will be there too to welcome you grin..

9 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 7:58am On Jan 19, 2017
This area is another unique place in Uniport, at the back of the flowers is called The Arena where people can relax from the Sun's scorch. Also around this place, there are shades where people can have snacks as well... Uniport is just structured in such a way to make your day less stressful...

2 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 8:17am On Jan 19, 2017
The University Library., alias Donald Ekong Library..

Its One of the best places to take pics in the University cuz the surroundings are unique and has lots of art works , flowers and artifacts since the Department of Fine Arts is situated beside it... Wow...

3 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 8:37am On Jan 19, 2017
Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Building

Just situated beside the Faculty of Management is a wonderful building dedicated to the Past President of Nigeria, Dr Goodluck Jonathan.. Uniport has graduated a lot of leaders in this country and the school can boast of a sea of them, including a President! I tap into this blessing

3 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 8:39am On Jan 19, 2017
Faculty of Management Sciences...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 8:43am On Jan 19, 2017
School of Post Graduate Studies

N/b
For those who applied for PGD, Masters and Ph.D this 2016/2017 , the list is out.. Well for just some departments, if u applied, go and check ur name!

2 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 8:47am On Jan 19, 2017
Its no news that Uniport uses CNG technology for electricity supply, since gas is cheaper, it saves the cost for running electricity using other energy sources.. Another way whereby Uniport displays its uniqueness.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 8:52am On Jan 19, 2017
The Almighty Faculty of Science Building..... Alias Ofrima.. I don't know if I got the Spelling right wink

This building is just magnificent. Till now I am still in awe with the building plan. Its one of the oldest buildings on campus yet is still durable..

10 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 8:55am On Jan 19, 2017
The Senate

A university is not complete if it doesn't have a Senate Building..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by olasaad(f): 8:56am On Jan 19, 2017
hahah this school no fine ooo. and me I always thgt the school is finer than this. and few days ago u guys are laughing at university of Maiduguri whereas UNMAID is even more beautiful than this

15 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 9:03am On Jan 19, 2017
Faculty of Engineering

Just as I mentioned earlier, uniport has special focus on Oil and Gas and PTDF has done very well to make special inputs to this cause. Other engineering Departments such as Mechanical, Civil etc are also within this area.

4 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 9:07am On Jan 19, 2017
School of Basic Studies

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 9:09am On Jan 19, 2017
Department of Linguistics and Communication Studies. Situated beside School of Basic Studies.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 9:12am On Jan 19, 2017
Pharmacy Building

I just love the Architectural Design ... Kudos to the Engineers.

4 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 9:15am On Jan 19, 2017
Ebitimi Banigo Hall

A very popular building inside Uniport... Conferences, lecture series, weddings, etc are held inside ..

2 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by betterABIAstate: 9:19am On Jan 19, 2017
Uniport, I'm not so impressed with the structures

7 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 9:21am On Jan 19, 2017
Department of Animal and Environmental Biology

This building is just sexy.. No department is too small to have great structural and well furnished buildings with equipments.. Uniport is working.. In fact as I am writing , work is in progess in raising newer structures for newer departments other than the norm.. Planning on even studying aviation? Uniport is the right place in the near future.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 9:23am On Jan 19, 2017
betterABIAstate:
Uniport, I'm not so impressed with the structures
what are you expecting? Castles? Smh

7 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by betterABIAstate: 9:24am On Jan 19, 2017
dingbang:
what are you expecting? Castles? Smh
carry on, no mind me

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 9:25am On Jan 19, 2017
Faculty of Agriculture

2 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 9:31am On Jan 19, 2017
Faculty of Social Sciences

Just situated beside the faculty of Agriculture... It was funded by First Bank of Nigeria. Uniport has done well in impacting the lives of her students such that when they attain high positions in the society, they give back to the institution in one way or the other. Unique Uniport.....

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 9:32am On Jan 19, 2017
A relaxation spot behind faculty of Management.....

kiss

2 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 9:35am On Jan 19, 2017
Department of Science Laboratory Technology

Beautiful structures everywhere..

2 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 9:38am On Jan 19, 2017
Department of History and Diplomatic Studies.. Just beside Ebitimi Banigo Auditorium

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 19, 2017
Show us the dirty places too angry

2 Likes

Re: University Of Port Harcourt In Pictures....... by dingbang(m): 9:45am On Jan 19, 2017
Uniport Bottling Plant

Just like I mentioned earlier, Uniport is an Entrepreneurial University, u cannot pass through Uniport without having A mind of an Entrepreneur and that is why Uniport Students are doing well in Businesses. Every Student or graduate of Uniport has been equipped with an Entrepreneurial sense...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) / Kenyan Girl Hits The Streets In Uniform With Placard To Beg For Her School Fees / Meet Victor Ayooluwa Babalola: University Of Uyo Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.