Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? (7159 Views)

11 Steps To File A Complaint Against A LASTMA Official / Expatriate Arrested In Lagos For Disobeying Traffic Light, Using Illegal Siren / 5 Disadvantages Of Putting Your Cars In Park At The Traffic Light? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 20, 2017
naturefellow:
so na just beg you beg... didn't pay a dime? Oh! I just noticed you're female (f)

Lmao!!!
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by obailala(m): 8:29am On Jan 20, 2017
Lol.. Nigeria, the land of the weird.
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by spawnx: 8:35am On Jan 20, 2017
You obey the Traffic officer first. The traffic signs next, lastly the traffic light
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 20, 2017
Obiohai:

It is not normal. It's wrong. Call a spade a spade. In advanced countries, there are sensors that detect heavy traffic and give preference to them. And in such heavy traffic pedestrians push a button for the traffic light to consider them.

Bros we don't have such sensors here. It I not abnormal for traffic officials to bye pass traffic light to give preference to the side of the road with heavy traffic. This does not only happen in Nigeria, its also like that in some parts of the world. I need fact I was abroad sometimes ago and I the city I was, at rush hours on a particular busy road, traffic officers normally create an extra lane on the side with less traffic so that the side with more traffic can have an extra lane. Is that also abnormal? Thier job is control the flow of traffic. U don't expect trsffic officials to fold their hands when light is all green on one side with no single car passing while the other side is jammed .
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by debsjoat(m): 9:03am On Jan 20, 2017
For this Lagos. Forget ooo. Nah lastma first. Traffic light no fit arrest me dey ask fir outrageous money for disobeying traffic rules.. cool sad shocked be cool and open yah eye well
If lastma says stop and Traffic Light says go... Just follow Lastma #Jeje
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by masam(m): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2017
Where their is a traffic police/ lastma,traffic light and road signal.

The police takes precedent, followed by traffic light after which come road signals.

Once u see a traffic warden, his order supersedes traffic light and road signals at the moment he is there, be him lastma or whatever provided he is trained and designated by municipality to be the

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by dabossman(m): 11:08am On Jan 20, 2017
Obiohai:

It is not normal. It's wrong. Call a spade a spade. In advanced countries, there are sensors that detect heavy traffic and give preference to them. And in such heavy traffic pedestrians push a button for the traffic light to consider them.

Oga, you just failed your driving test o! At an intersection, a traffic officer's hand signal overrules traffic lights, giveways and other road signs. Not every country has sensors or push buttons for pedestrians. In fact, not every state,city, county or village in "advanced" countries have these technological advancements. They still have to follow conventional traffic rules.

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Babysho(m): 12:36am On Jan 21, 2017
PaperLace:

Alaye, you sabi the work o.

Twale baba!

Cool Moniker. Coolest I've seen on NL.
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Originalsly: 5:35am On Jan 22, 2017
Hmmm.... and we wonder why so many accidents. Basic traffic rule ... worldwide... sooo many drivers don't even know.... traffic officer/warden signal over rules traffic light signal.
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Originalsly: 5:45am On Jan 22, 2017
Obiohai:

Really?...traffic lights are programmed to have longer greens run simultaneously for longer stretches on main roadways during rush hours. "Push to Cross" buttons to allow pedestrians to cross are usually on stretches where pedestrians hardly cross. Most times that button is disabled during rush hours.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Bought/sold A Car Thru Nairaland? / 5 Simple Steps To Operate A Fire Extinguisher - FRSC / Toyota Sienna Vs Honda Odyssey (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.