Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) (42072 Views)

Five Reasons Why Ponzi Schemes Are Lucrative / Things You Really Need To Know About Ponzi Schemes / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
adegeye38:

with all the article, its is still a ponzi scheme, that feeds on greed and when the greed gets too much its no longer sustainable.

See, this is why this thread was necessary.

PONZI SCHEMES ARE NEVER SUSTAINABLE. Greed or no greed!

1 Like

Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
itasakpa:
but the old members still donate o. i dont believe this theory until i see the on that include old members donating to new members. Story for the Gods

So who pays the old members after they pay the new members? The new members? The old members? They pay themselves?

Please explain how this recycling money back and forth will cause it to magically grow and pay everyone interest, while keeping up with the debts of the new entrants.

1 Like

Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by itasakpa: 11:36pm On Jan 19, 2017
old members pay new members and newmembers pay old members. nothing last forever but ponzi will stay for some time. do you think it was everyone who did mmm that lost money? life is like an exam, some win and some loose. at least ponzi scheme has a life cycle and there are always indicators. if u guys like preach from today till tomorrow, new millionairs emerge each passing month in nigeria from ponzi and it will remain like that for some time
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by deleo16(m): 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
Too much MMM story the truth is those that will listen would listen don't that won't will not listen can we please have a moment of silence all this preach against ponzi is just a waste of time whether pro or anti MMM typical example are LBGT upon all castigation does that stop from some people involving themselves in such act both home and abroad view your opinion and let whoever wants to continue scheme do ,and whoever wants to stop, stop not repeating same thing all over angry
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by simiolu1(m): 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
kalindaminda:

LMFAOOOOO are you serious?

They used the word "scam" in their OWN keywords??

Modified: And they used WordPress. Chaiii

You can verify yourself. Oh; that's a wrong link... Just wanted to give the guy some hypertension. grin grin grin grin grin

This is the real one.

Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by akigbemaru: 11:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
MMM
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 20, 2017
Spare money remember? You can't hold them liable grin
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by Horlufemi(m): 12:21am On Jan 20, 2017
sunnyboi:
Now where is the scammer after scamming the scammers? wink

In the Bahamas sipping coconut juice with curvaceous babe at his beck and call.

1 Like

Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 20, 2017
simiolu1:

You can verify yourself. Oh; that's a wrong link... Just wanted to give the guy some hypertension. grin grin grin grin grin

This is the real one.

Mehn... na to hack the site be that lol I thought it was WordPress

1 Like

Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by Herrmes: 12:51am On Jan 20, 2017
easternguy1:
Rubbish post. Ponzi is the easiest way of making cash. It all depends on luck. Nobody is forcing you, so stop hating and allow the courageous ones to try their luck. You dont have any idea of what being broke means
Anyone who has courage to do this stuff is a coward really.
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by MrCEO69(m): 1:33am On Jan 20, 2017
easternguy1:
Rubbish post. Ponzi is the easiest way of making cash. It all depends on luck. Nobody is forcing you, so stop hating and allow the courageous ones to try their luck. You dont have any idea of what being broke means
Chai! Here we go again. Being broke doesn't mean u should steal! Or kill some1 to tk there possession. If it were football betting it would be much better na u and dem, but this mmm of a thing can't be sustained. Guy i know u are courageous, pls go and PH now. I wish u were one of those who put their life saving.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by xest(m): 1:49am On Jan 20, 2017
Even with your explanation I stand with mmm. Now let me ask you, what has the government done for the ordinary people in the society? Has anyone come out and told you he/she lost there money? Are they using your money to invest in the scheme? Finally, how do banks get the money they pay to customers who wants to withdraw there money? If everyone goes to the bank to withdraw there money do u think the bank can pay everyone? If u call mmm a scam, then the banks are the biggest scam. If Mr A makes a deposit of 100k, and Mr B came to borrow 80k,how much have the money generated? 180k,the physical cash is how much 100k. Now 20kis remaining in the vault, Wat do u think will happen if Mr A comes to cash all his money? Now who is cheating who? MMM or the Banks? If u don't knw the ideology of mmm why can't u mind your business. Haters, u guys just want to hear that it has crashed in other to celebrate. Leave mmm alone. Long live mmm together we are changing the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by xest(m): 1:51am On Jan 20, 2017
MrCEO69:

Chai! Here we go again. Being broke doesn't mean u should steal! Or kill some1 to tk there possession. If it were football betting it would be much better na u and dem, but this mmm of a thing can't be sustained. Guy i know u are courageous, pls go and PH now. I wish u were one of those who put their life saving.
Wat ever, MMM pays. Is none of u guys business. The govt and media that are shouting who dem epp?

1 Like

Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by MrCEO69(m): 2:03am On Jan 20, 2017
xest:
Wat ever, MMM pays. Is none of u guys business. The govt and media that are shouting who dem epp?
Oh i forgot ur Zombiems isnt of politic but of money! What the f*ck are u calling the govt and media now?
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by Nobody: 2:24am On Jan 20, 2017
xest:
If everyone goes to the bank to withdraw there money do u think the bank can pay everyone?
Yes they can. That money belongs to the account owners, not the bank. Even if it takes time, everyone must get their money. It's not a "donation".

If Mr A makes a deposit of 100k, and Mr B came to borrow 80k,how much have the money generated?
I doubt if you even own a bank account with this kind of question. Banks charge interest on loans. That's how the money generates. If you borrow money from a bank, you must repay it plus interest. That's how bank loans work.

Wat do u think will happen if Mr A comes to cash all his money?
Then the bank will pay him his money, even if they need to borrow or request government intervention, Mr A must get his money.

I feel sorry for you. That you can even compare a Ponzi scam to secured, audited, government regulated institutions like banks... I doubt if you received an adequate education. So I don't even blame you, I just feel sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by Nobody: 5:06am On Jan 20, 2017
Back in school, i am not good in Mathematics but with my common sense, i know this calculation and always tell my friend that it is mathematically incorrect for MMM to last and once they fold, nothing will bring them back, because the mathematics behind has error in front
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by muyiwaojo1(m): 5:51am On Jan 20, 2017
Popoola
Consultant
hello
good morning
9:59
Please wait. Now all the operators are busy, but soomeone will be free soon and he will reply you!
hi, welcome to MMM Nigeria, am Olufemi how can i help you
10:29
good morning
please can you explain to me sir what is really going on about MMM Nigeria.
hello
10:30
there is an upgrade going on
soon there will be information on PO
10:36
but please, like how long is it going to take because we cant just understand what is going on since resumption, and there is a lot of panic.
10:38
don t panic
in few days everything will be normal
10:40
okay, because we are thinking that GH is more than PH and that is the reason why people GHED and not matched
10:43
no, there are enough PH to pay for the Gh
if u notice there are so many ppl that there PH have nt being match
is cos of the upgrade going on
Thank you for visiting MMM! Is there anything I can do to help you?
10:45
i think there should be up to date news on our as regards of what is going on presently so as to avoid this panic all over the country
10:51
they want to finish everything be4 the updates
10:54
thanks
10:55
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by adegeye38(m): 6:04am On Jan 20, 2017
kalindaminda:

See, this is why this thread was necessary.

PONZI SCHEMES ARE NEVER SUSTAINABLE. Greed or no greed!
Ibunderstand, it will always crash as lng as people stop joining
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by paddypower(m): 6:21am On Jan 20, 2017
babseg:
ABEG NOW ENOUGH OF THIS MMM

I HAVEN'T STILL RECOVERED YET

I DONT EVEN WANT TO COME ON NAIRALAND ANYMORE
sorry eeeeeeeehhhhh but ur cash dey my houz come collect
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by rhektor(m): 6:45am On Jan 20, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Go and develop your own. Copy Copy

A mavrodian maga spotted
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by okeyley: 7:12am On Jan 20, 2017
Olasco93:
Anything created out of human wisdom is bound to fail. That's the very reason why God is regarded as Almighty. His own financial principle never fail.

SURE TRUE WORD
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by Doyin2(m): 8:44am On Jan 20, 2017
easternguy1:

Exactly!

Just like Kidnapping is also an easy way of making money.

But what we are telling idiots like you is that there is always a victim of such criminal activities.

So because some people make money via criminal and illegal acts like embezzling public funds,yahoo yahoo,robbing, stealing, (ultimately the originator of the ponzi scheme is going to steal/siphon some contributors monies)or kidnapping,should we then encourage people to engage in such acts??

Have you pondered to ask where and how does the MMM scheme get funds to pay commission to guiders? A scheme that has no established investment portfolio!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by donkuso(f): 9:33am On Jan 20, 2017
Gone through the article. I notice some snags:
1) The analysis is based on one time payment ie. the participant invest only once and recieve return of investment and would not invest again.
2) New participants joining only to invest once.

But the scheme is that most of the participants both old and new keeps on investing, some increase their investment and some reduce their own. I think what happened to them is inadequate planning during the festive period. It could have been managed better than blocking (pausing)the business.If the consideration of the media and psychological impart on people were considered this would have been avoided. They should have continued with constant and continuous investors and later bring in off and on investors, with that way they would have managed the impact on doubters and media.
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by dmcdad: 9:52am On Jan 20, 2017
True.

But then for some, you need to go as far as this for them to be able to grasp.
AntiWailer:
It is actually common sense that does not need plenty Mathematics.

1 Like

Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by dmcdad: 9:54am On Jan 20, 2017
Doyin2:

Exactly!

Just like Kidnapping is also an easy way of making money.

But what we are telling idiots like you is that there is always a victim of such criminal activities.

So because some people make money via criminal and illegal acts like embezzling public funds,yahoo yahoo,robbing, stealing, (ultimately the originator of the ponzi scheme is going to steal/siphon some contributors monies)or kidnapping,should we then encourage people to engage in such acts??

Have you pondered to ask where and how does the MMM scheme get funds to pay commission to guiders? A scheme that has no established investment portfolio!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by AntiWailer: 9:57am On Jan 20, 2017
dmcdad:
True.

But then for some, you need to go as far as this for them to be able to grasp.

I agree.
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by steve6: 11:07am On Jan 20, 2017
Hmmm....
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 20, 2017
donkuso:
Gone through the article. I notice some snags:
1) The analysis is based on one time payment ie. the participant invest only once and recieve return of investment and would not invest again.
2) New participants joining only to invest once.

But the scheme is that most of the participants both old and new keeps on investing, some increase their investment and some reduce their own. I think what happened to them is inadequate planning during the festive period. It could have been managed better than blocking (pausing)the business.If the consideration of the media and psychological impart on people were considered this would have been avoided. They should have continued with constant and continuous investors and later bring in off and on investors, with that way they would have managed the impact on doubters and media.

The OP even stressed that it was a "very simplistic example"

The main point is that whether new or old, every new investment increases the amount of debt in the system. Why is that so difficult for you people to understand?

WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM?
You think you can pass money back and forth infinitely and it will just magically double
Or there's an unlimited source of mugus to come and take your debt for you
Meanwhile the benevolent mastermind won't touch any of the money, he'll just sit there and look
I just tire for una

They say a fool and his money are soon parted. Those who have ears have heard undecided
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by simiolu1(m): 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
kalindaminda:

Mehn... na to hack the site be that lol I thought it was WordPress

Actually, there are two websites for MMM Nigeria. One is fake and one is original. One is [url]mmm-nigeria.net[/url] (the original) and the other is [url][/url] (fake)
Re: Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) by Mstcambridge: 9:23am On Mar 12, 2017
Thinking about a career advancement?? Click the link.
http://epistorm.co.uk/index.php/store2/training/ghd-5-01-detail?a_aid=I

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion / Zuckerberg Loses $7 Billion In Hours As Facebook Plunges / MMM Is Still Owing Us From May Till Now - S.African Participants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.