Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? (20906 Views)

Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) / Sky Bank Frozen Withdrawal Like MMM / Ponzi Schemes Like Mmm Make Use Of Dark Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by slaknoah(m): 11:16am On Jan 20, 2017
I still find it difficult to understand, why many of Nigerians, even some friends and family can be so greedy.
Your uncle you went to last month to invest in your business and said he doesnt have such money is the same one you heard invested paid 4 million to MMM.

Why cant we be as realistic as possible, and stop running after all these quick money schemes.
The man that paid 4million to MMM could have gone into Real Estates or even buy stocks.

Just dont understand. Is this wickedness or greediness.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by kilokeys(m): 11:19am On Jan 20, 2017
slaknoah:
I still find it difficult to understand, why many of Nigerians, even some friends and family can be so greedy.
Your uncle you went to last month to invest in your business and said he doesnt have such money is the same one you heard invested paid 4 million to MMM.

Why cant we be as realistic as possible, and stop running after all these quick money schemes.
The man that paid 4million to MMM could have gone into Real Estates or even buy stocks.

Inasmuch as i am not a proponent for MMM... i can categorically classify you as myopic and very ignorant.

are stocks and real estates promising 30 percent ROI in a month?

talk better thing Mr

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by ishayaauta(m): 11:20am On Jan 20, 2017
Both
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by chuksmad(m): 11:25am On Jan 20, 2017
slaknoah:

The same stock people lost their monies 2008/2009. This one promised 30% which is attractive to many Nigerians

31 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by slaknoah(m): 11:33am On Jan 20, 2017
kilokeys:

Inasmuch as i am not a proponent for MMM... i can categorically classify you as myopic and very ignorant.

talk better thing Mr

You can say whatever you like "Mr"
Though I admit the fact that I am ignorant as I know little or nothing about the program cos it has been banned here.Still I laugh at the ignorance(as you said) of people concerning the kind of reputation the so called Mavrodi or whatever his name is, has in his home country.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
kilokeys:

talk better thing Mr

I'm sure everyone has gotten their 30% now?

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by slaknoah(m): 3:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
kalindaminda:

I'm sure everyone has gotten their 30% now?

Lol..they need to give help

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by veekid(m): 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2017

MMM be like ogunowo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
while you are busy with your doubts

I have made N200,000 just today bw 8:45am to 12:45pm

Via Joyful Donor after PH of same amount.

Life is risk
Infact it is risky not to take risks

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by adonbilivit: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
it's because we always run after money milking machines insteadof the real money making machines. all na MMM but Nigerians get wahala

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by sKeetz(m): 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by chemystery: 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
Cos we were spoilt by nature. Nature gave us natural resources like crude oil and we saw it as all and all and refuse to use our head. Whereas other countries not blessed by nature like China are using their intelligence. Now oil money we no dey see. And because that laziness is already there, anywhere we see free money without work we go shook head.

Together We Can Change The World is not a slogan for lazy men like MMM participants. It is slogan for intelligence-driven and hardworking fellas. cool

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by slurryeye: 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
- Laziness
- Instant gratification (get rich quick syndrome)
- Lack of genuine business ideas
- Gullibility
- Not doing their research
- Lack of empathy for others
- Ignorance for some
- Thinking they are smart
- Being unrealistic with themselves
- And for some, just pure stupidity

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by salabscholar01(m): 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
kindly reward your expression on this topic.

it's one thing for MMM to crash. It's another thing for NL to clatter.

warm regards!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by FisifunKododada: 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
grin

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by PBundles(m): 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
Simple, because our leaders have showed the general public that getting rich by any means is the Goal. Dont we hail polithiefians and burn people who steal because they are hungry?

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Codes151(m): 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
Which really invest dey Naija similar to mmm?! Except bank!! Both are the same concept! So I you rather ask the FG to ascertain or edit the banking principles no b to take people money invest with any commission!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by ta4ba3(m): 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
My friend invested his wedding money on mmm... so anytime we gisting and anyone of us staughter like em em em .... immediately my mmm friend get angry and picks up a fight

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
because of the orientation they have about life that made them backward in the first place

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by deebrain(m): 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
I don't criticize the scheme (despite all). I only criticize the greed of people towards the scheme.
To become a millionaire, you will make mistakes. You will fall for fakes. You will enter ventures that will survive and when your village people hear of it, it will just pack up.

Ask any billionaire. They have many "failure stories". And unlike the regular "let me just be financially okay" folks, aspiring billionaires take many (some even, stupid) risks. But they are CALCULATED. They put in what they can loose and recover from--if at all that venture will fail.

Imagine people borrowing money and adding their lives savings into MMM? now imagine people with such packs of cash, diversify or Put it into several ventures. The latter would have been better. Smart businessmen have the "what if" mentality in investment. IT CAN GO YOUR WAY. IT MAY NOT GO YOUR WAY! That's why they study before and when active in any investment.

A young man has 300k and in the name of the promise of whatsoever profit, HE EVEN BORROWS MONEY AND ADDS TO IT, to invest in MMM. I've never seen such a height of greed like that. What if it fails? What if one earthquake comes and crashes everything?

I remember how one guider sometime last August, was preaching about the scheme and investing in it, ENCOURAGING MASS INVESTMENT. People were closing their accounts to PH! Right in my eyes.

Let's learn. You have 300k. Divide it to at most (if you want to be silly) 10 pieces. If one failed today, the other will last a bit to make something from it.

Don't be greedy.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
Quick returns.

Because in a poor society, long term is not in your language

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Rilwayne001: 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
Because we are too lazy and at the same time greedy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by ta4ba3(m): 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
Who
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by worlexy(m): 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
Because we like Awoof. Greed is a bastard, it takes away the reasoning sense. Greed is the partner of selfishness. Ask all those doing ponzi scheme where they think the increments to their money is coming from since they know that the schemes are not doing any business with their money, their response is that they don't care as long as their money is being paid and of course they know that the scheme is not sustainable, they will try and get their money before the system crashes without caring that some people will be sad while they are happy. Greed, selfishness.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by chynie: 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
MMM sure pax for najia o

from March to dec 2016 e pay me pass my salary grin

I even don add am to my plans this year.
MMM don't die yet

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Youngzedd(m): 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
Lack of financial literacy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Akosxxx(m): 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
sombori that you are even, you know; pitying and praying for will now be telling you that he lost 100,000 naira in a scheme like this And i ll be like SHUUUUU! so this nigga even get up to 100k savings.
This attitude of some Nigerians baffles me no be small Oo

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by DrObum(m): 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2017
Name the real investments in Nigeria make we see nah

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Ajiswaggs(m): 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2017
shocked
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by IVORY2009(m): 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2017
Because we Nigerians like quick result/money.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oxford Group Of Companies Investment / How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? / 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.