Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? (2395 Views)

Top Ten Reasons For Relationships Break Up / Men Lose And Women Rule In Most Relationships / The Dirty Little Secret In Most Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Anuoluwapo23(f): 5:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
It has become an everyday discussion in the women’s world on some behaviour, actions or signals men send unconsciously but didn’t mean what it seems.

Recently, I saw a lady with a long face and asked why the face was like that. Her response was, “I have lost my best friend”. In my bid to understand her better, I inquired what she meant, then she gave me a list of things her boyfriend/best friend used to do but unconsciously stopped doing which has sent a wrong signal and now it’s affecting their relationship.

After sampling other ladies’ view on this topic, I came up with a list.

Here are list of things men do that sends the wrong signals:

1.Lack of communication

It is said that communication is the fuel of a relationship. When it dies or pauses, the relationship is at risk of breakup. Toyin said, “When we met, he was working as a bakery manager, so we had lots of communication but recently, he got a job with indomie as a marketing manager and all communication ceased. Even when I try to keep in touch, I get the silent treatment and when asked he says he forgot”.

Why do most relationships break up prematurely?
A couple in a disagreement situation
Always saying, I will call you back: “Each time I call and he says that, I feel dissed”, sobs Tola because those were the words my former boyfriend used when he was about to breakup with me”. This 5 letter words has caused so many ladies heart aches but unconsciously, the men folks are not seeing this. It sends a signal of, you are disturbing me or don’t you get it am breaking up with you?

2.Watching football at odd times

Football has become the devil most women fear nowadays more than another lady snatching their man. Patience said, “I wish I can sue DSTV, because they made football more accessible for guys. Tony would cancel our date because a football match is playing on the said day.” If you want to watch football so badly, take the lady with you.

3.Addiction to the Internet

The question still begs for an answer on whether the internet is a blessing or a curse. Since everything and everyone is now on the internet, our love, secrets, movements and events have being shared with more than one million people.

“Sometimes I feel like collecting his phone and smashing it on the wall. Even when we are together, his mind is divided. I had to threaten him to choose between the internet and me at one time”, Kate laments. Guys, when your lady is with you, give her all the attention she needs because she left all things to do just to be with you.

4. Self-centredness

“I love Benjamin but when it comes to intercourse, he is self-centred. I don’t know how to tell him without hurting his feeling. All he wants is his satisfaction and never ask if I am satisfied, Mariam admits”. Intercourse is a wonderful thing but when a man unconsciously takes away the fun in it, the women folks feel bad. A woman well pleasured, gives the most exciting intercourse.

5.Lack of romantic gestures

They say words not spoken makes the loudest sounds. Little gestures, helping hand, a peck-kiss, a sorry, a thank you, etc are but few of the things a woman wants from her man. “I was about to step out of the house on day, when I noticed my shoe was not polished. I was in a hurry but at the same moment, my boyfriend stepped towards me with a polish and brush, he knelt with one knee then bent over to polish my shoe. My heart melted and my love for him increased”says Teniola. A little gesture can make a whole lot of difference.

6. Breaking out of the friend zone

It is usually advised that a person should marry a friend. It’s believed that, marrying your friend makes the relationship easier since you both know each other’s likes and dislikes. Recently, a survey shows that, the amount of people breaking out of the friend zone to start a relationship ends both friendship and relationship in less than 3 months.

Why do most relationships break up prematurely?
“He was my best friend, and then we decided to start a relationship. It seemed awkward because, he changed totally and when we had intercourse, everything ended because it then seems that was all he wanted”. Women folks hate this now more than ever.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
Load of Baloney!

Relationships break because "one" person "Violates Expectations" of the next!

Expectations Vary!

Expectations can be anything from "Physical attributes" to "Educational accomplishments"

Every woman "KNOWS" her mans limitations, falling below that is a violation of her expectations making a system she expected more difficult hence "break up"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by ikp120(m): 6:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
People break up for just any reason on earth. It is a free world in a dating relationship; anyone can break outta the shiit at any fvcking time one chooses break out.

It is not like marriage where break up looks awkward.

So if you wanna date, do so with tje possibility of a break up in mind. cry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by BlackDBagba: 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
Good piece but not exhaustive.....
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2017
Playing Football manager or PES all the time.
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Anuoluwapo23(f): 6:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
shocked
Nma27:
Playing Football manager or PES all the time.
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Splinz(m): 6:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
Very simple. Whatsoever is built on faulty foundation must break. And Oh, great shall be its fall!!! cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
because it is MOSTLY built on LIES and SELF CENTEREDNESS.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
OP I agree with you BUT sometimes the fault do come from the lady.

When a lady stop doing those things she normally does that makes her man to be very proud of her, when a lady stop being emotionally available to her man, when a lady appears to be available to every man, when a lady refuse to heed to missteps that her man keeps pointing at, then Breakup is inevitable.

Most times, guys end relationship for the sake of long term peace of mind, but this is not to justify the misbehaviour of some crack heads.

What do men really want?

Every man want to be loved, respected, adored, need a lady that is loyal, one that is understanding and willing to build along with him as his co-labourer, one that would not share affection with any other man irrespective of intention, and one that give him every reason to trust her(trust is earned) and no reason to question or doubt her loyalty. These aren't too much to ask.

Only a mad man will see a lady with such attributes and still break her!

BUT WHAT DO LADIES WANT?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by DBannedAssassin(m): 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
After this beautiful rendition... u ended it with 'What does ladies want'?

That is a murder charge to the language... but it doesn't derail yuh message

TonyeBarcanista:

When a lady stop doing those things she normally does that makes her man to be very proud of her, when a lady stop being emotionally available to her man, when a lady appears to be available to every man that she is in 24/7 conversation with him/them, when a lady refuse to heed to missteps that her man keeps pointing at, then Breakup is inevitable.

Most times, guys end relationship for the sake of long term peace of mind, but this is not to justify the misbehaviour of some crack heads.

What do men really want?

Every man want to be loved, respected, adored, need a lady that is loyal, one that is understanding and willing to build along with him as his co-labourer, one that would not share affection with any other man irrespective of whether she means it or not, and one that give him every reason to trust her(trust is earned) and no reason to question or doubt her loyalty. These aren't too much to ask.

BUT WHAT DOES LADIES WANT?
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Anuoluwapo23(f): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
undecided
TonyeBarcanista:

When a lady stop doing those things she normally does that makes her man to be very proud of her, when a lady stop being emotionally available to her man, when a lady appears to be available to every man that she is in 24/7 conversation with him/them, when a lady refuse to heed to missteps that her man keeps pointing at, then Breakup is inevitable.

What do men really want?

Every man want to be loved, respected, adored, need a lady that is loyal, one that is understanding and willing to build along with him as his co-labourer, one that would not share affection with any other man irrespective of whether she means it or not, and one that give him every reason to trust her(trust is earned) and no reason to question or doubt her loyalty. These aren't too much to ask.

BUT WHAT DO LADIES WANT?
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
Anuoluwapo23:
undecided
Are you okay?
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Genea(f): 9:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
Cos its built on d wrong foundation
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by popefuse(m): 9:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
The question should be WHAT THE PURPOSE OF RELATIONSHIP?
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 19, 2017
I was here....
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
What manner of question is this? undecided

Relationships break up because there is nothing to hold it up. (( True talk )) undecided
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by YUNGLURD(m): 11:35pm On Jan 19, 2017
Because ALL relationship will definitely not lead to marriage.
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:26am On Jan 20, 2017
YUNGLURD:

"Because not all relationships will lead to marriage"
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by popefuse(m): 1:32am On Jan 20, 2017
YUNGLURD:
point of correction it should be NOT ALL RELATIONSHIPS.can u marry a lady without bin in relationship?or the day u meet her would be the day u marry her?
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Nobody: 2:04am On Jan 20, 2017
.... Not all relationship leads to marriage...not all relationship worth,it
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by yorhmienerd(m): 9:14am On Jan 20, 2017
Why do ladies make it look like only men breaks a relationship... most times, it's even the ladies that breaks it.

Mithcheeew... like they are doing us a favour being in a relationship undecided
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by DeLioncourt: 9:43am On Jan 20, 2017
bbmpin:
Load of Baloney!

Relationships break because "one" person "Violates Expectations" of the next!

Expectations Vary!

Expectations can be anything from "Physical attributes" to "Educational accomplishments"

Every woman "KNOWS" her mans limitations, falling below that is a violation of her expectations making a system she expected more difficult hence "break up"

It's not as if both parties list the expectations they have of each other at the start of the relationship.

In my opinion, most relationships end due to a lack of communication and trust.

Others, just because one party or both are just plain crazy and shouldn't be together.
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Azeequeen(f): 10:39am On Jan 20, 2017
'These days,people don't break up anymore,one person just acts like an asshole till the other person cant take it again'
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Anuoluwapo23(f): 2:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
lolllllllllllllllll grin grin grin grin
Azeequeen:
'These days,people don't break up anymore,one person just acts like an asshole till the other person cant take it again'
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Anuoluwapo23(f): 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
Communicatin n Trust....Key!!!!!!!!! cool
DeLioncourt:

It's not as if both parties list the expectations they have of each other at the start of the relationship.

In my opinion, most relationships end due to a lack of communication and trust.

Others, just because one party or both are just plain crazy and shouldn't be together.
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Anuoluwapo23(f): 2:36pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ask Google
TonyeBarcanista:
Are you okay?
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Anuoluwapo23(f): 2:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
Yea!!! I agree with u..
popefuse:
The question should be WHAT THE PURPOSE OF RELATIONSHIP?
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by DeLioncourt: 2:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
Anuoluwapo23:
Communicatin n Trust....Key!!!!!!!!! cool

hello laiskeen cool cool
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Anuoluwapo23(f): 2:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
undecided undecided undecided
DeLioncourt:

hello laiskeen cool cool
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by DeLioncourt: 2:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
Anuoluwapo23:
undecided undecided undecided

i'm saying hello na
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Azeequeen(f): 2:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
Anuoluwapo23:
lolllllllllllllllll grin grin grin grin
Yes nah...
BTW,you are beautiful
Re: Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? by Anuoluwapo23(f): 2:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
TANZ
Azeequeen:

Yes nah...
BTW,you are beautiful

(1) (2) (Reply)

Auto Correct Gone Wrong / He 'made Love To Me' And Ran Away - Nigerian Gay Man Burst Into Tears / I Can End Your Relationship With Just “I Miss You” - Female Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.