Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President (48445 Views)

Standoff Between Soldiers And ECOWAS Forces At The Gambian State House. Photos / Photos From The Swearing In Ceremony Of Adama Barrow As Gambian President / Jammeh Tenure Extension : What I Found Inside The Gambian Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by Kiakia(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
Mynd44:
Gambia’s new president Adama Barrow took the oath of office in the country’s embassy in Senegal on Thursday.

Barrow was sworn in days after seeking shelter in Dakar with incumbent Yahya Jammeh still refusing to stand down after losing a December election.

http://punchng.com/flash-adama-barrow-sworn-gambia-president/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Gambia now have a new President. The next step will be relocation to Banjul to formally assume office.
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by kings09(m): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2017
Am sure u said same prayer wen buhari won. Where has he led d country to? grin grin

Pls allow the Gambia guy rule in peace so dat he doesn't inflict his country hunger n suffer like buhari
madridguy:
Alhamdulilahi.

God of power and might, wisdom and justice,
through you authority is rightly administered,
laws are enacted, and judgment is decreed.
Assist with your spirit of counsel and fortitude
the President of The Gambia.

May he always seek the ways of righteousness, justice and mercy. Grant that he may be enabled by your powerful protection to lead the country with honesty and integrity.

Bi Jahi seyyidil Ujudi PBUH. Amin
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by AngelicBeing: 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2017
grin grin grin cool
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by kings09(m): 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2017
From Senegal? Can u give orders from outside ur country? Did u read d post @ all?
gunuvi:
He should order the immediate arrest of that tyrant. Useless jameh
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by hammerF: 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2017
THE COMEDY THAT IS AFRICA. LMAO!

MEANWHILE BUHARI HAVE GONE TO SEE BLAIR AND CAMERON IN UK, FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS ON GAMBIA AND BIAFRA.
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by madridguy(m): 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2017
Are you reporting from The Gambia? If yes, beware of Buratai boys tongue

kings09:
Am sure u said same prayer wen buhari won. Where has he led d country to? grin grin

Pls allow the Gambia guy rule in peace so dat he doesn't inflict his country hunger n suffer like buhari
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by Alexxgold: 6:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
*singing. it's about to go down..

Gbagbo should be expecting his room mate anytime soon.. that's if he gets captured alive

Heard Ipob miscreants in Gambia have taken up arms to fight Ecowas forces when the Chief of Army staff has agreed to stand down. I pity them
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by Burgerlomo: 6:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
Adama Barrow grab 'em (Jammeh) by blokos grin
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by deebsman1(m): 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
This was what they should have done June 12
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by Alexxgold: 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
deebsman1:
This was what they should have done June 12

yeah right.

but who are those to enforce it? these same set of sit tight African rulers?
Africa is fast changing, the idea of democracy has come to stay.

why I laugh loud when idiot Jonathan was parading himself as hero for handing over power like it's an otueke throne

2 Likes

Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by verygudbadguy(m): 6:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
ritababe:

of course he is a gunner, we never loose.

Madam forget.. I'm a gunner too but we have lost some unforgettable matches.

UCL Final against Barca was so so important but we lost.

Don't also forget that we lost to Man United in the quest for our 50th unbeaten match den.

We dey lose baje.
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by nwobueze: 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
Congratulation to Mr president adama Barrow

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by Tbamo(m): 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
PriestlyLawyer:
What's the fate of the citizens... I cry for them.
a few brave ones are already celebrating where I am but most guys are still indoors!
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by dee02(m): 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
Alhamdullilah
Congrats The Gambia.
Long May you reign Adama Barrow cheesy
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by Funjosh(m): 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
It is very possible to rule The Gambia from Darkar if you understand the geography of both countries;

Afam4eva:
So, what next? He should go and take his place in Banjul abi does he want to rule Gambia from Senegal? Imagine if Buhari had been sworn in Cotonou grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by malakus(m): 7:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
ok
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by musicwriter(m): 7:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
It's a shame how Jammeh disgraced himself out of office.

Indeed, power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Madam forget.. I'm a gunner too but we have lost some unforgettable matches.

UCL Final against Barca was so so important but we lost.

Don't also forget that we lost to Man United in the quest for our 50th unbeaten match den.

We dey lose baje.

I think you mean Liverpool. They ended Arsenal's unbeaten run. Goal scored by Mellor.
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
Mynd44:
He also asked all military officials to remain in their barracks else they will be seen as rebels.

Jammeh, he is coming for you

Let me ask, do you think if MBuhari was in Jammeh's shoes would he have stood down? NO! MBuhari never conceded defeat after losing elections not to talk of now he's the President. All I can see a Pot calling a Kettle black.
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by onedayatime(m): 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
Afam4eva:
So, what next? He should go and take his place in Banjul abi does he want to rule Gambia from Senegal? Imagine if Buhari had been sworn in Cotonou grin grin grin

imagine that Buhari was sworn from London. Is it possible and legal? And people are rejoicing that he will be ruling from Senegal. Does it make sense? Rubbish
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by verygudbadguy(m): 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I think you mean Liverpool. They ended Arsenal's unbeaten run. Goal scored by Mellor.

Google Arsenal 49th unbeaten run
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by pokipoki: 7:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
My only fear is that since the country's major religion is Islam, Yahaya Jammeh and his loyalist will not use the opportunity to invite ISIS or Boko Haram to wage a Jihad or holy war in Gambia. I hope all the West African countries sending troops to Gambia have a back up plans for Gambia and themselves in case the intervention backfires.
Countries are sovereign entities and they should be allowed to sort out their internal problems themselves no matter the situation. People should always learn from past experience.The USA led invasion and ouster of Saddam Hussein of Iraq never solved the country's problem but rather it fueled the crisis in the country into a sectarian civil war.
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by Mosh1: 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
eagleonearth:
Finally sworn in on the blood of his son, tragic. let him de-islamize that country asap. wishing him all the best

THIS DRAMA GOES TO SHOW THAT YOU CAN GET TO ANY LEVEL IN LIFE NOTHWITHSTANDING WHERE YOU ARE NOW. BARROW WAS A SECURITY GUARD SOME FEW YEARS AGO BUT TODAY HE IS THE NUMBER ONE IN HIS COUNTRY. LIFE KEEPS TEACHING US IMPORTANT LESSONS IN HISTORY BOTH GOOD AND BAD.

MEANWHILE:

Jammeh somewhere now will be like
De-islamized which Country? Why are u guyz so insecure and intolerance.And before we say jack now,u will be crying of islamization of Nigeria.
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Google Arsenal 49th unbeaten run

Thanks. I do not remember that game at all. I remember celebrating Neil Mellor's goal as ending it. Nice one.

On this day in 2004: Liverpool’s Neil Mellor stuns Arsenal’s Invincibles

Arsenal’s Invincibles arrived as hot favourites to beat Liverpool on November 28th 2004, despite having only won one of their last eight games in all competitions.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/11/day-neil-mellor-stuns-arsenals-invincibles/

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by wink2015(m): 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
why was it difficult to sworn in MKO Abiola who won the June 12 1993 Presidential Election? Ecowas did nothing to Nigeria to enforce MKO Abiola presidential mandate.

Ecowas was a toothless bulldog some 20 years ago and could not fight for Abiola who won the 1993 presidential election but they are fighting for President elect Barrow. Hypocrite so to speak.

Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by Leader01(m): 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
Gambia now have two presidents: a home-based president and a foreign-based
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by BermudaTriangle(m): 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
kalindaminda:
It's like a film

You can say that again.
Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by khadaffi(m): 7:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
Afam4eva:

You should know better that the swearing in was orchestrated by ECOWAS. Without Barrow claiming to be the president, there will be no need for ECOMIG to storm The Gambia. Now that Barrow is president, if he gives order to the military and they disobey and instead obeys Jammey, the entire Gambia's army will be taken as a rebel group hence giving Ecomig a legitimate reason to storm and distroy the the Gambia's army formation and get them arrested. Everything is just a setup.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
Leader01:
Gambia now have two presidents: a home-based president and a foreign-based

Lol, kinda like RCCG, but in reverse form.

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
Jamiu wont be happy about this grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nechama Rivlin Is Dead! Israel’s First Lady Dies / Arab Woman Pilot Disowned By Her Family' For Bombing ISIS / Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.