Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,312 members, 7,811,927 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist (781 Views)

Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher Journalist / Police Raid Patience Jonathan's House In Abuja / Breaking: PDP Sweeps Rivers Rerun Elections- Premium-Times(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by Beta1: 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2017
The Nigeria police have raided PREMIUM
TIMES head office in Abuja, and arrested the
newspaper’s publisher.
The publisher, Dapo Olorunyomi, was
arrested alongside the paper’s judiciary
correspondent, Evelyn Okakwu.
Plain-clothed officers conducted search at the
office shortly after 5p.m. Thursday, and said
they were acting on a complaint filed by the
Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai.
The arrests came days after PREMIUM TIMES
turned down the army’s demand to retract
news stories about the Nigerian Army and its
operations.
The paper’s Editor-in-Chief, Musikilu Mojeed,
condemned the raid.
“They should stop deluding themselves that
they can muzzle the press and intimidate
PREMIUM TIMES,” said Mr. Mojeed. “They
should know that our loyalty lies with our
readers and the Nigerian people who have a
right to know.”
He said the paper will continue “to discharge
its responsibilities in line with global best
practices, social responsibility and patriotism,
even at great risk to our personal liberties”.
More details later…

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/221012-breaking-police-raid-premium-times-head-office-arrest-publisher-journalist.html
Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by AllTheWayUp: 7:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
Whenever he wants to do a very dirty job, he will jump into the plane and start heading to one distant cold country while his papa ajsco lookalike DSS kingpin, Daurra runs amok... Osibande will then be left to carry the can over an issue he most probably wasnt allowed into the meeting where the decision was taken.. Thats what happens to you when you want to attache by force... Old school scam artist.. It is really only the gullible zombies that are still blind to the fact that buhari has taken Nigerias democracy 20 years backwards..

First it was Shara Reporters
Now it is Premium Times
It is over, Democracy and freedom of expression is DEAD and BURIED in Federal Republic of Nigeria under Buhari the tyrant.

Nigerians should expect more invasion and arrest to be made across churches , the judiciary , the press, opposition politicians , bureau de change operators and human rights activists during this Buhari fake vacation period.

That is the pattern of Buhari Government, Buhari planned vacation is a decoy to introduce many anti people policies like price increase, indiscriminate arrest and invasion of individuals and groups who are vocal to Buhari's Government and violation of rule of law.

Nigerians should expect the unexpected in the coming days throughout the duration of Buhari's vacation.

In the coming days Buhari will unleash the full weight of his tyrant and dictatorial agression on Nigerians during this his fake premeditated vaction period.

Zombies can quote me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9gfZSko5PU

Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by mengho(m): 7:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
grin chai see d way d one above me got here so fast.

Anyways I sympathize with premium times but be careful woh, d press can't fight the government especially in Africa. i hope say nobody was arrested sha

P.S the First, Second & third comments arrived at dsame time
Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by Theyveedo(m): 7:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
I love this ... this is what idiots voted for grin cheesy

SAHARA REPORTERS ... SOWORE DOWN
PREMIUM TIMES .... GOING!
More to follow!

AIT aired all this before the elections ... literate zombies still voted for tyranny grin cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
grin
Good example of freedom of speech
And
Freedom of the press!!!!

APC has taken democratic progress in Nigeria back to 1995

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by Jokerman(m): 7:06pm On Jan 19, 2017
Why harassing the media up and down embarassed
Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by highpriest4: 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
aiit
Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by owodokiri: 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
Whenever he wants to do a very dirty job, he will jump into the plane and start heading to one distant cold country while his papa ajsco lookalike DSS kingpin, Daurra runs amok... Osibande will then be left to carry the can over an issue he most probably wasnt allowed into the meeting where the decision was taken.. Thats what happens to you when you want to attache by force... Old school scam artist.. It is really only the gullible zombies that are still blind to the fact that buhari has taken Nigerias democracy 20 years backwards.. But who cares about premium trash anyway?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
Jokerman:
Why harassing the media up and down embarassed
But zombies were warned about all these grin cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
OFFICIAL: freedom after speech is 'dead' in my country.
Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by Keziehenry(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
. Good news. Ibadan express way newspaper should expect raid soon.
Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by Anago5000: 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
all the pro tinubu papers under attack.punch newspaper watch out!!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by Eastactivist: 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
He is welcome.... He can make his choice whether kirikiri or kuje, anyone is welcomed...

For those saying democracy is over should relax bc is still yet to be over, we are still in middle of first half.

grin
Jail the murrafukers nonsensical corrupt medias , 2019 will be awesome.
We shall continue on fighting corruption.

1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by TheFreeOne: 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2017
What a self destructive government of dunderheads.

SMH.
Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by manutdadex(m): 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
Buhari will surely loose 2019 election... Make i form my party i must contest with dis muntulu. I go win sa ni. I pity dis people i go so probe una.. Eee buratai go suffer.
Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by Habakus: 7:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
Very good.
Let the "Sai Buhari" chanters learn that a leopard never changes it's spots.
We warned them but they wouldn't listen.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by midol: 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
We yoruba muslim know that Kanu is a fraud for calling our Buhari a tyrant who deserve never to reap from democracy.

We pray that everybody in premium times should be arrested include our fellow yoruba muslims who have forgotten that we must never attack our fulani masters like Buratai and Buhari. grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Police Raid PREMIUM TIMES Head Office; Arrest Publisher, Journalist by Mynd44: 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2017

(1)

Amosun, Daisy Danjuma Visit Buhari In London (photo) / Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London / Zahra Buhari's Sister-in Law Calls Out APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.