Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Buhari's Govt Made Us Loose Our Jobs And Now Wants To Kill Our Small Business - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Govt Made Us Loose Our Jobs And Now Wants To Kill Our Small Business (545 Views)

Buhari’s Govt Disowns President’s Aide On Modu Sheriff Appointment / "We Have To Pay People Not To Kill Our People" - Watch El-Rufai on Channels TV / Buhari's Govt Won't Succeed Until Amaechi Apologises To Pastors - Bishop Adeoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Govt Made Us Loose Our Jobs And Now Wants To Kill Our Small Business by queengift85(f): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
[url][/url]Please MODS help me move this to the right section as I just registered today. I will make my experience as well as my colleagues' with this governmnent as short and simple as possible.

I got a job with a top international telco after so many years of searching for job. Being in the industry for a while I was able to learn a few things about sim card activation. Then last year there was a silent down size due to recession which made me fall back to telecoms business. I took off as a freelancer under an umbrella shed in a busy market and was selling and registering sim cards for the 4 major telCo in Nigeria. The business was growing bit by bit and I was happy with my success. Suddenly by December 2016, I got series of calls and visits from the reps of d telco companies that NCC (Nigeria Communications Commission) will by February 2, 2017 ban activation of sims by freelancers under the umbrella sheds or kiosk or buses and will attract a fine of N10M but will only allow those who are in shops. I understood it was a means to make money for the government and argued that even if they would ban buses but not Umbrella sheds or kiosks as my rent for my space will be valid up till September this year. I relaxed and continued with my business but this January the reps came and retrieved my registration devices pending when I pay for a shop or find a brick and mortar structure according to NCC.
Since December I had been running around to get a place but all was to no avail as the rents for a shop or attachment in this area is on a very high side. I halted my business because of this challenge and this has affected my income. I wish there is a way this message can get to Buhari so he can pity poor graduates on the street and at least allow small start ups like us. Many of us who are facing this challenge are quiet but I believe that this message can get to a messiah. Please don't mind my typos and grammar as am not a writer and am working with a mobile phone.
Re: Buhari's Govt Made Us Loose Our Jobs And Now Wants To Kill Our Small Business by FellepHq(m): 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
It's very unfortunate this is happening to you, but sometimes you have to reason alongside with them, despite the SIM registration I believe you still get SMS telling you to activate your ATM card, believe it or not people still fall for such scam, yes why will somebody use a registered SIM to send such when a quick search on the database will reveal the person behind such message.

But this is Nigeria, you will be surprise if you key in the number in the database, you will find an innocent person there, who is not connected to the crime. What happened, let me explain.
Re: Buhari's Govt Made Us Loose Our Jobs And Now Wants To Kill Our Small Business by queengift85(f): 11:05am On Jan 24, 2017
FellepHq:
It's very unfortunate this is happening to you, but sometimes you have to reason alongside with them, despite the SIM registration I believe you still get SMS telling you to activate your ATM card, believe it or not people still fall for such scam, yes why will somebody use a registered SIM to send such when a quick search on the database will reveal the person behind such message.

But this is Nigeria, you will be surprise if you key in the number in the database, you will find an innocent person there, who is not connected to the crime. What happened, let me explain.

What are u trying to say?

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Pays Suprise Visit To Former President Olusegun Obasanjo In Ogun State (phot / Kill Any Fulani Herdsman Found Around My Church- Apostle Suleiman / Oduduwa-voice Radio Station - News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.