Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] (1809 Views)

Poll: Who's winning this tie?

Enyimba FC: 100% (2 votes)
Gombe United: 0% (0 votes)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

CAF Champions League: Etoile Du Sahel Vs Enyimba 3(3) - 0(4) On 20th April 2016 / Oriental Derby: Enugu Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 2) - FT / Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2009
November 27, 2009 02:09AMT

On paper the Gombe United versus Enyimba fixture looks like a David versus Goliath match up. Enyimba is second on the league table, tied on points with the first placed team Warri Wolves with 13 points, whereas Gombe United is wallowing in the murky waters of the bottom placed teams in the 19th position with four points from six matches. Enyimba are yet to lose in seven matches, while Gombe have lost four.

Overcoming the desert bogey

After the former African Champion defeated Sharks in Port Harcourt 3-2 on match day six, a lot of their fans expected them to run away with victory at home to CAF Champions League finalists, Heartland FC, last weekend in Aba to open up a two point lead over the pack, but the 0-0 result dealt a blow to that aspiration.

This week they travel north to Gombe hoping to make amends.

For the Aba side, securing victory or even managing a draw in Gombe could be an herculean task. This is because all the previous five visits Enyimba had made there in the past had ended in defeat with the Aba club recording just a goal.

But Okey Emordi, Enyimba gaffer, is unperturbed about the past form of Gombe, saying their current form is all that counts. "All those are history, we will get the job done on Saturday," he said.

Top of the table duel

Another big fixture tomorrow is the Kwara United/Lobi Stars match in Ilorin, an encounter that may decide who sits atop the league table by the end of hostilities this weekend. Kwara United is fourth on the table with 12 points, same as Lobi who are fifth. The Afonja Warriors are in a very rich vein of form with three wins and a draw in the last four matches, had made them to be in touching distance to the leaders. Two away wins in two weeks have marked the Ilorin side as a team to watch on the road. Interestingly their home form in Ilorin is not quite as spectacular, with the team drawing two and winning one, a weakness Lobi might exploit to their advantage. The Markudi side has done fairly well from their travels, two goalless draw in three away matches, another draw might just be on the card today. It is a must see match.

In other matches of the day, 10th placed Niger Tornadoes take on title-chasing Kano Pillars, also tied jointly with both Warri Wolves and Enyimba on 13 points.

While the Godwin Koko Uwua-led Tornadoes have made Minna a sort of fortress, dissembling visiting teams, Kano Pillars have not recorded even a goal in three away matches, which is a major concern for the technical crew. Last season Tornadoes had the edge over Pillars beating them in Minna and getting away with a 0-0 draw in the reverse fixture, a feat the Uwua-led team may reproduce, since Victor Namo, Bello Korfamata, Moses Ogaga of Kano are all goal shy away from Kano.

In Kaduna, two newly promoted teams, Ranchers Bees and a rejuvenated Dolphins of Port Harcourt slug it out. Ranchers Bees last weekend lost their third away match to neighboring Kano Pillars, a result that ensures they are not so far from the drop zone at 17th position.

Let the battle continues now that we have more standard stadiums for our league clubs, we should be expecting to see more beautiful football.

Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by FBS: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2009
If Enyimba remains what I know them to be, then they will easily crush Gombe. Who born them? cheesy
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2009
FBS:

If Enyimba remains what I know them to be, then they will easily crush Gombe. Who born them? cheesy

At the super 4 played in Lagos 2 seasons ago, they almost won Enyimba, i think they even won or it ended in a draw.
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by FBS: 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2009
^^^ You don't mean it. shocked
But "almost" . . .they still lost sha! tongue grin
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2009
FBS:

^^^ You don't mean it. shocked
But "almost" . . .they still lost sha! tongue grin

Gombe united is not a small club, they were in the champion's league like 1-2 seasons ago, so why are you surprised? i think they even won Enyimba, i was there live at the match
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by FBS: 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2009
honeric01:

Gombe united is not a small club, they were in the champion's league like 1-2 seasons ago, so why are you surprised? i think they even won Enyimba, i was there live at the match

If you were there then you should remember nah! grin
Gombe is a big club? Seriously?
Wait, make I google. . .I dey come! cheesy
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2009
FBS:

If you were there then you should remember nah! grin
Gombe is a big club? Seriously?
Wait, make I google. . .I dey come! cheesy

I was there but i can't remember the scoreline, i am serious. the super 4 was between Enyimba, Rangers, Gombe and Wikki tourist
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by FBS: 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2009
honeric01:

I was there but i can't remember the scoreline, i am serious. the super 4 was between Enyimba, Rangers, Gombe and Wikki tourist
I'm searching. . .
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2009
ok
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by FBS: 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2009
I just don't understand why it is so hard to find information about our local clubs? aaaaaaaaarrrrrgggggh!
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2009
because people don't care to put one up
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2009
Enyimba enyimba enyimba. grin grin grin grin
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by FBS: 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2009
The peoples Elephant! grin

But I thought you are supporting Gombe United, no? cheesy
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2009
FBS:

The peoples Elephant! grin

But I thought you are supporting Gombe United, no? cheesy

Support ke? i was only calling their name oo, i want them to be careful not to concede too much goals against Gombe cheesy
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by FBS: 10:02pm On Nov 27, 2009
We shall see! grin
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 9:19am On Nov 28, 2009
Or we shall read?
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2009
Up Gombe Utd!!! Since u guyz are behind Enyimba.Here is my prediction Enyimba 1 v 4 Gombe, a hatrick 4rm 1 of Gombe's striker. wink grin
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 12:15pm On Nov 28, 2009
na gombe dey home, not enyimba, so it's going to be gombe 8 enyimba 1 according to u grin
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 28, 2009
Ok! Gombe 4 v 1 Enyimba. Trust me,Gombe will use d home formular i.e referee (3 penalties+ 1 offside goal)= 4goals grin
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 1:33pm On Nov 28, 2009
daralex007:

Ok! Gombe 4 v 1 Enyimba. Trust me,Gombe will use d home formular i.e referee (3 penalties+ 1 offside goal)= 4goals grin

No longer in our league, maybe you were referring to MANU vs Bolton, but not Gombe vs Enyimba angry
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2009
Game ended

Gombe 1 Enyimba 1 cool
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by mamagee3(f): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2009
Gombe is set for a lose. cool
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by semid4lyfe(m): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2009
Na wa o! Mama-gee your case be like person wey dem tell se match end for 0 - 0 and the person still dey ask for score at half-time.
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by waleski(m): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2009
Yeh pa hahaha
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by FBS: 8:42am On Nov 30, 2009
Enyimba 1 - Gombe 1?  shocked
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by FBS: 8:43am On Nov 30, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Na wa o! Mama-gee your case be like person wey dem tell se match end for O - 0 and the person still dey ask for score at half-time.
LOL!
Talk of mis-yarning! grin
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 10:01am On Nov 30, 2009
FBS:

Enyimba 1 - Gombe 1?  shocked

yes, but why are you surprised? didn't i tell you Gombe is not a pushover?
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by FBS: 10:39am On Nov 30, 2009
honeric01:

yes, but why are you surprised? didn't i tell you Gombe is not a pushover?
But you obviously supported the Peoples Elephant and they should have crushed the opponent.
By the way, were you able to watch any of the matches?
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2009
FBS:

But you obviously supported the Peoples Elephant and they should have crushed the opponent.

I never supported any of them, i was only warning Enyimba not to concede too many goals, unfortunately, they conceded one lol
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by FBS: 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2009
hahaha grin ! They can still win the league though!
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by honeric01(m): 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2009
sure, they can still win it just like 10 other clubs in the league cheesy
Re: Gombe vs Enyimba [1 - 1] by mamagee3(f): 3:39am On Dec 01, 2009
The match is over grin grin
It was a good one
. grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Is A Payday For Every Hustler..bet9ja Don Rescue Me. / Na Bet Sure Pass #100 = 796,362 / Freestyle Footballer Shows Skill On A 600ft Radio Mast(photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.