Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,914 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Ohanaeze President-general, Nwodo, Adopts IPOB, MASSOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze President-general, Nwodo, Adopts IPOB, MASSOB (833 Views)

May 30 ‘Sit-At-Home’ Order: IPOB, MASSOB On Collision Course / Biafra: Zionists Form Interim Government, Utomi, Nwodo, Soludo, Gana Make List / Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze President-general, Nwodo, Adopts IPOB, MASSOB by Stingman: 10:32am On Jan 20, 2017
NEWLY elected President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, John Nwodo (Junior), has said he is ready to die for Igbo cause , saying the rise of Movement for Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) no matter how divided they appear in public are basically motivated by same sense of outrage and bitterness.

Addressing a press conference in Enugu on Thursday after their inaugural meeting of the pan-Igbo group, Nwodo said he will adopt MASSOB and IPOB as a father of Igbo nation, stressing that although he does not believe in their methods or approaches for the realisation of a sovereign state of Biafra, he will not abandon them.

Nwodo noted, “Our young men and women can no longer tolerate a second class status in their own country. They can no longer forgive the President for arguing before he came into office that Niger Delta militants were meekly treated and tolerated by President Yar Adua while Boko Haram was harshly treated by President Jonathan when his law enforcement agents literally opened fire and maim and killed unarmed MASSOB and IPOB members.”

They see how returnee Boko Haram members are absolved and rehabilitated while leaders of MASSOB and IPOB are incarcerated or mercilessly murdered. In their rage, they are becoming uncontrollable as they pass a vote of no confidence on us, their parents, describing us as cowards and compromised,” he added.

According to Nwodo, “Because the older Ndigbo have seen civil war and its devastating consequences, they naturally hesitate to support any military action against the Nigerian state that may waste their children because Ndigbo business class is heavily invested in Nigeria outside Igbo land, they fervently believe in a united Nigeria even if marginalised politically.

Asked how he was going to adopt the pro- Biafra movements, the former Minister for Information reiterated, “As President-General of Ohanaeze I intend to extend my warm hand of paternity to IPOB and MASSOB. They are my children.

I shall never desert them. Their struggle is my struggle even if we do not completely agree with methods. In warfare there are two types of approaches: Coercion and diplomacy. I completely favour diplomacy.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/ohanaeze-president-general-nwodo-adopts-ipob-massob/

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze President-general, Nwodo, Adopts IPOB, MASSOB by madridguy(m): 10:34am On Jan 20, 2017
grin
Re: Ohanaeze President-general, Nwodo, Adopts IPOB, MASSOB by Stingman: 10:37am On Jan 20, 2017
“No arm of government namely, the Executive, Judiciary or Legislature is headed by an Igbo. No section of the Armed Forces or paramilitary organisation is headed by an Igbo. Neither the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal nor the Federal High Court is headed by an Igbo. “We know in the history of this country when a Lieutenant Colonel was appointed to the position of Chief of General Staff over and above his superiors just to ensure ethnic balance.

We know when a Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation was appointed Chief Justice of Nigeria was to ensure ethnic balance. We know when a former Military Head of State was drafted to run for president was to douse ethnic tensions. “What is very perturbing is the public declaration of Mr President that his appointments must favour the states that voted overwhelmingly for him and those he trusts even against the provisions of our constitution relating to federal character.

One is at sea why Ndigbo who campaigned and voted for him appear not to be trusted. Nwodo

Read more: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/ohanaeze-laments-low-representation-igbo-federal-cabinet/
Re: Ohanaeze President-general, Nwodo, Adopts IPOB, MASSOB by pazienza(m): 10:44am On Jan 20, 2017
I'm beginning to like Nwodo. Or is this initial gra gra aimed at forcing the FG to settle him and his ilks?
Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze President-general, Nwodo, Adopts IPOB, MASSOB by BiafranPrince: 10:58am On Jan 20, 2017
pazienza:
I'm beginning to like Nwodo. Or is this initial gra gra aimed at forcing the FG to settle him and his ilks?
Time will tell.

Maybe.
Re: Ohanaeze President-general, Nwodo, Adopts IPOB, MASSOB by drnoel: 11:00am On Jan 20, 2017
Stingman:
NEWLY elected President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, John Nwodo (Junior), has said he is ready to die for Igbo cause , saying the rise of Movement for Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) no matter how divided they appear in public are basically motivated by same sense of outrage and bitterness.

Addressing a press conference in Enugu on Thursday after their inaugural meeting of the pan-Igbo group, Nwodo said he will adopt MASSOB and IPOB as a father of Igbo nation, stressing that although he does not believe in their methods or approaches for the realisation of a sovereign state of Biafra, he will not abandon them.

Nwodo noted, “Our young men and women can no longer tolerate a second class status in their own country. They can no longer forgive the President for arguing before he came into office that Niger Delta militants were meekly treated and tolerated by President Yar Adua while Boko Haram was harshly treated by President Jonathan when his law enforcement agents literally opened fire and maim and killed unarmed MASSOB and IPOB members.”

They see how returnee Boko Haram members are absolved and rehabilitated while leaders of MASSOB and IPOB are incarcerated or mercilessly murdered. In their rage, they are becoming uncontrollable as they pass a vote of no confidence on us, their parents, describing us as cowards and compromised,” he added.

According to Nwodo, “Because the older Ndigbo have seen civil war and its devastating consequences, they naturally hesitate to support any military action against the Nigerian state that may waste their children because Ndigbo business class is heavily invested in Nigeria outside Igbo land, they fervently believe in a united Nigeria even if marginalised politically.

Asked how he was going to adopt the pro- Biafra movements, the former Minister for Information reiterated, “As President-General of Ohanaeze I intend to extend my warm hand of paternity to IPOB and MASSOB. They are my children.

I shall never desert them. Their struggle is my struggle even if we do not completely agree with methods. In warfare there are two types of approaches: Coercion and diplomacy. I completely favour diplomacy.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/ohanaeze-president-general-nwodo-adopts-ipob-massob/

Now u are talking
Re: Ohanaeze President-general, Nwodo, Adopts IPOB, MASSOB by Candyrain(m): 12:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
I'm loving this already

(1) (Reply)

Femi Adesina: Is Buhari Undergoing A Test Cycle Or Treatment Cycle? By Dr Peregr / Throwback: Some News Headlines Before The 2015 Elections / EFCC 5% Commission On Whistleblowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.