Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General (16575 Views)

Nnia Nwodo's House After Bomb Explosion (Photos) / Enugu Police Confirm Explosion At Nnia Nwodo's House (Photo) / John Nnia Nwodo Bows To Obi Of Onitsha As He Arrives Chatham House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by auntysimbiat(f): 6:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
[img]http://4.bp..com/-xaNGX0MsvQo/WHUWjoBPyMI/AAAAAAAAAsM/2J5-YfttHCIavimXG2LLWFiWNV9JkEjQgCLcB/s640/image-9%2B%25281%2529.jpg[/img]

It was dramatic on Tuesday as former information minister, Chief Nnia Nwodo emerged the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide.

Other contestants for the position included a law Professor, Simon Ortuanya, ‎Former Vice Chancelllor, Prof. Chiweyite Ejike and Chief Joel Ifeanyi Ezugwu.

However, before voting commenced, Ezugwu and Ortuanya announced their decision to step down for Nwodo, describing him as a man of wisdom and competence, well qualified for the position.

Following the development, Nwodo was left with only Chiweyite, a pioneer Vice Chancellor of then Anambra State University of Science and Technology, ASUTECH, to contend with.

At the end of the election held at the Ohanaeze Secretariat in Enugu, he emerged victorious with a wide margin, having polled 242 votes, while
Prof. Chiweyite trailed far behind with 13 votes. There were 6 voided votes.

The seven Igbo speaking states, Enugu, Ebonyi, Anambra, Imo, Abia, Delta and Rivers, as well as other affiliate groups, including pro-Biafra groups, the MASSOB, and the IPOB participated in the election with specified number of delegates.

In his pre-election speech, Nwodo had assured of his readiness to entrench transparency and accountability in running the Ohanaeze affairs.

He had declared that as a two-time former minister, he never he had never been summoned by any commission of inquiry to account for any missing fund, adding that his wife equally lived above board while she served as a Justice of the Appeal Court.

“I will not use this position to make money; if I am asked to die for you, I will do so”, he vowed.
Nwodo equally pledged to hold a meeting with the IPOB and other pro-Biafra groups, stressing that “if we allow them to be killed on daily basis, their blood will be on our head.”

Earlier, the stage for the election was set after Chief Ejiofor Onyia, Ohanaeze Vice President General had supported a motion moved by Chief Chris Asoluka for the dissolution of the Enwo Gari-Igariweh National Executive Council.

It was gathered that former minister, Alison Madueke, who earlier purchased form for the position of President-General did not present himself for screening. It was learnt that he stepped down following pressures from some quarters.

Some of the Igbo leaders present at the election included Former Senate President, Ken Nnamadi, Chief Emmanuel‎ Iwuanyanwu, former Governor Chief Okwesilieze Nwodo, traditional rulers, among others.

The Chairman of the Electoral Committee, Prof. Anya O. Anya had in his speech charged the new executive to restore Ndigbo to the path of growth.

“We must learn lessons; we must keep our plan among ourselves; we must learn to talk less; to keep others wondering what must be in our mind”, he declared.

NairaNaijaNews.com reports that out of the 17 positions, 13 were returned un-opposed.

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/01/breaking-former-information-minister.html

9 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by auntysimbiat(f): 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
CONGRATS TO HIM

11 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by owobokiri(m): 7:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
I just hope that these old men should brace up for the agitation ahead. If you cant speak fire to power, get out of the kitchen Nnia.. Days of appeasements are gone. If Ohanaze doesn't buckle up, it will be relegated to the dustbin of history. This very generation of igbo leaders are the worst since our recent history. What with their clownish approach to Abujas apartheid policies towards the east. That obviously explains why it seems like the ordinary people have unconsciously elected to follow the new firebrand youthful leaders who are ready to confront the devil that is Nigeria. Ohanaze should stop preaching One Nigeria to the igbos. Igbos are not ambivalent to that notion because they hate other constituting units as the federal propaganda wants you to beleive.., no, we are against the existence of this Lugardian monument to infamy simply because it is an unworkable union that adds nothing to the quality of life of the igbo, Nigeria only retards igbo cultural advancements due to a sickening marriage with retrogressive clans .

52 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by DozieInc(m): 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
Congrats

3 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
Congratulations Uncle. Hope this position brings you some joy after your years of personal pain. wink

2 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by jay99(m): 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
lol
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Seunpaul01(m): 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
“I will not use this position to make money; if I am asked to die for you, I will do so”, he vowed.

See this fake man o...

Who u dey deceive? U never die for your family u won die for ur fellow brothers wey no love themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by CriticMaestro: 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
if he is the president, then who the hell is nnamdi kanu

1 Like

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2017
Good, he is pro APC and Buhari! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by ChappyChase: 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2017
Congratulations!!!!

19 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by free2ryhme: 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2017
irrelevant news in this dispensation

1 Like

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by free2ryhme: 7:18pm On Jan 10, 2017
President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide.

i laff in swahili

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by slurryeye2: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
Congrats

CriticMaestro:

Kanu is a nobody using his people's emotion to instigate hatred, violence and division.

Meanwhile,

6 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Xway(m): 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
In as much as this news concerns Igbo....

I don't recognise anything called ohanaeze ™™!!!

Their ohanaeze is for their pocket and for their families.

Rubbish ohanaeze,we don't need this at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by ChappyChase: 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
CriticMaestro:

17 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by 1Rebel: 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
undecided
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Ecosystem4u: 7:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
owobokiri:
I just hope these old men should brace up for the agitation ahead. If you cant speak fire to power, get out of the kitchen Nnia.. Days of appeasements are gone. If Ohanaze doesn't buckle up, it will be relegated to the dustbin of history. This very generation of igbo leaders are the worst since our recent history. What with their clownish approach to Abujas apartheid policies towards the east. That obviously explains why it seems like the ordinary people have unconsciously elected to follow the new firebrand youthful leaders who are ready to confront the devil that is Nigeria. Ohanaze should stop preaching One Nigeria to the igbos. Igbos are not ambivalent to that notion because the hate other constituting units as the federal propaganda wants you to beleive.., no, we are against the existence of this Lugardian monument to infamy simply because it is an unworkable union that adds nothing to the quality of life of the igbo, Nigeria only retards igbo cultural advancements due to a sickening marriage with retrogressive clans .

You are a true Igbo blood. Nuff respect!!!

19 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by darfay: 7:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
I ran out of bleeps yesterday so unfortunately I have no fvck to give
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by cstr44: 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Give me one good reason why any igbo man or woman with sense would be pro-buhari.
I don't have any problem with anybody being pro-apc, afterall poliics is all about interests, and APC may promote igbo interests in the years to come that would drive igbo people to the party.
But an igbo man being pro-buhari undecided That is head-scratching. I simply don't see any rational reason why or maybe you can tell me.

18 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Emycord: 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
Just watch as buhari will soon rush to congratulate him in hope that he will help quell the agitations. Or in the alternative they will soon level one false accusation against him if he do like he want support ipob

1 Like

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2017
I hope Chief Nwodo will give the Igbo youth credible leadership and direction. It is a mockery of Igbo identity that some Igbo now recognize Dasuki as their leader, Fayose and Wike as their role models and FFK as their spokesman.

1 Like

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Alariwo2: 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2017
How will this stop the erosion plaguing ala igbo ehnn?

nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by adavdi: 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2017
Congratulations sir. Igbo kwenu

3 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
i love buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
cstr44:

Give me one good reason why any igbo man or woman with sense would be pro-buhari.
I don't have any problem with anybody being pro-apc, afterall poliics is all about interests, and APC may promote igbo interests in the years to come that would drive igbo people to the party.
But an igbo man being pro-buhari undecided That is head-scratching. I simply don't see any rational reason why or maybe you can tell me.
I am pro-Buhari. I am not Pro-APC or Pro-PDP and ain't nothing wrong with me. Tell me why I shouldn't be pro-Buhari and suggest who I should be aligned with and give reasons

4 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Kulas: 7:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
Congrats Nnia Nwodo.Maintain your integrity.We(Ndi Enugu) are solidly in support of you,hence don't fail us.

2 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by cstr44: 7:37pm On Jan 10, 2017
kITATITA:

I am pro-Buhari. I am not Pro-APC or Pro-PDP and ain't nothing wrong with me. Tell me why I shouldn't be pro-Buhari and suggest who I should be aligned with and give reasons
I am talking to igbo people.
Others like afonjas may have reasons for suppporting buhari which may very well be rational.
I want an igbo man or woman to tell me why he/she would be pro-buhari.

11 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by jammyunn(m): 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2017
He's a good man. Politics runs in the family. Ukehe people and ndi una well done.
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Emycord: 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
just where did you get that from ? Ur a terrible woman

4 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by cheruv: 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
Nnia Nwaodo can be a radical at times cool but he should know that 80% of Igboland have embraced a new reality.. All he needs to do is key into that reality.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi: Only An Angel Can Run NNPC Honestly / Pantami Writes Buhari, Seeks End To Stamp Duty Crisis / I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.