Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,112 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) (19558 Views)

Lagos Takes Delivery Of 800 Marcopolo Buses From Brazil / NAF Takes Delivery Of Final Batch Of Super Mushshak Aircraft. / 4 Armoured Personnel Carriers Cars Dickson Donated To Police In Bayelsa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) by agabusta: 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
ghostdvirus:
Hyundai cheap to buy very cost to maintain, but Its good sha

Hyundai heavy industries is a top player.
Re: NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) by JaaizTech: 8:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
That we have import gas is shameful enough
Re: NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) by Caseless: 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
vicuto:
Really grin
he looks like Lee kua yeun
Re: NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) by Caseless: 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
Deborahj:
We cannot forget the Good work of President.Goodluck Jonathan.
mtswww
Re: NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) by JayB11(m): 9:21pm On Jan 20, 2017
madridguy:
I pray you owns your own oil and gas company.

Amen Sir, I pray your desires be granted too by God.
Re: NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) by Mambox: 5:37am On Jan 21, 2017

ghostdvirus:
Re: NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) by DelGardo: 10:40am On Jan 21, 2017
JaaizTech:
That we have import gas is shameful enough

NLNG in Bonny produces and exports LPG so we must not import.

We need the vessels to move gas from NLNG to receiving terminals in Lagos and Calabar though. That should reduce the price of gas locally.
Re: NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) by laudate: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Okay. I hope the price of gas will be drastically reduced now

Honestly, so do I. sad Unfortunately, cooking gas is priced in dollars and then sold at naira equivalent rate. There is no subsidy on gas. I hope NPA and PPMC will not use their bad logistics decisions to frustrate this good venture, when it comes to berthing & discharging the vessels. angry

1 Like

Re: NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) by laudate: 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2017
jsaak:
While it is a good thing for Messrs Sahara Energy and a few individuals at NNPC, this does not appear to bear well for Nigeria, why?
NNPC is in a joint venture with SE to supply Nigerian gas to lift under the Cabotage act. The vessel is NOT registered in Nigeria, so there is will not be registry income to Nigeria and as I saw in the picture again, there is NO Nigerian seafarer onboard, so it is a "Nigeria" vessel that we should all celebrate with no quantum of inputs from Nigeria!
There are qualified gas seafarers from NLNG that would have made Nigeria proud on these vessels, a Nigerian registry could have helped our flagging fleet!
Finally, 38,000mt for both vessels means they're made for river ports!

River ports, in what sense? shocked What is the draught at the jetties where these vessels will be loading & off-loading the gas? That is what you should consider. Larger vessels will run aground and get stuck, if they go into shallow waters or inter areas where the draught is not deep enough.
Re: NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) by jpphilips(m): 7:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
DelGardo:

NLNG in Bonny produces and exports LPG so we must not import.

We need the vessels to move gas from NLNG to receiving terminals in Lagos and Calabar though. That should reduce the price of gas locally.

An investment of this nature target foreign markets, except the NNPC will have to operate a form of domestic supply obligation.
You need to sell LPG in usd to recover investment cost.
Re: NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) by laudate: 7:36pm On Jan 21, 2017
jpphilips:
An investment of this nature target foreign markets, except the NNPC will have to operate a form of domestic supply obligation.
You need to sell LPG in usd to recover investment cost.

There is already a domestic supply obligation in place. NLNG supplies 250,000 MT of cooking gas to the domestic market annually, and even bears half the cost of shipping from its Bonny terminals, to the Lagos LPG coastal depots.
Re: NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) by jpphilips(m): 7:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
laudate:

There is already a domestic supply obligation in place. NLNG supplies 250,000 MT of cooking gas to the domestic market annually, and even bears half the cost of shipping from its Bonny terminals, to the Lagos LPG coastal depots.

Impressive, the last time I heard of it, my source claimed the lifting process have serious challenges, what are they?
Re: NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) by idupaul: 7:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
ghostdvirus:

Are you talking of the car or HHI?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Many In Jakana In Fresh Borno Attack / 6 Reasons Northern Youths MUST NOT Support Tinubu / We Will Make Sanwo-Olu Jobless, Lagos PDP Tells Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.