Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,403 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage (18008 Views)

Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by LastProphet: 9:18am On Jan 21, 2017
poor education is the reason for loneliness, if you are educated and have traveled before you will never again assume that all unmarried people over 40 are lonely. if you have goals to pursue and you have challenges to stand up to you wont remember you are lonely. you see am always disappointed when in 2017 a youth who should be having big dreams like the mark zuckerbergs of this world, the Elon Musk, the People that have changed this world, is busy thinking about how to avoid loneliness then u can see how backward africa will remain for the next thousand years. if you know how long of focused effort and attention it takes to change your own little corner of the world then you will probably understand why marriage is just optional in developed societies. pls our young people try to think big, read books about other worlds, open your mind and get exposed, stop focusing on marriage because the pastor told you its the only reason for existence. nigerian pastors happen to be experts in almost every area of endeavor from law, to medicine, to finance, and unfortunately the poor level of education of most churchgoers creates a fertile ground for disarming gullibility. someone said it here recently that in Nigeria it is assumed everybody will be married, everybody will have kids, and everybody will make it big time otherwise there are witches at work. pathetic

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Mayflowa(m): 10:01am On Jan 21, 2017
mylove4him:

Most people of such personality as the wife will never try marriage counseling cos they feel at peace with what they do. If the hubby had always been the one doing everything to keep the marriage she wouldn't want to leave the comfort of that space.

I have repeated severally some people don't have businesses getting married. If you have so much pride and ego. Stay out of marriages. Those two have ruin marriages more than infidelity itself.

This is a very wise comment. True, some partners in marriage deliberately set out to frustrate their spouse. They won't seek divorce yet they don't wanna mend fences with their better half.

This selfish and devilish. Like you said, such people don't have business marrying!

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by okowande(f): 10:02am On Jan 21, 2017
If you are a woman and ur spouse is no longer giving you attention, Bleep a hell out of him giving him some serz styles, you will thank me later.
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by davidif: 10:24am On Jan 21, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Op.. are you married?

I guess No... and you are giving advice to married people. sad.. As if marriage is a course we learn at school or a skill.

E no get wetin person no go use eyes see angry

cheesy cheesy

#BUSH

and who said you must be married to give good advice?

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by davidif: 10:34am On Jan 21, 2017
NairalandDSS:
Most people get married in the hope of finding a partner with whom they can share anything and everything. Many hope to find their best friends in their life partners. Many get married thinking that they will never be lonely again, especially if you marry late in life.But, it is an unfortunate truth that many people do not find what they seek in their marriage. Many are left unsatisfied and lonely as their partner fails to understand them. This usually happens if you have a workaholic partner or if they were forced into marriage with you. Other times, your partner may not be aware that you are feeling lonely in the relationship.

Whatever be the case, it is not wise to simply throw in the towel and call it quits before trying to deal with the problem. In fact, loneliness in relationships can have devastating effects on you. You might tend to perceive others as less caring and affectionate than they really are. Here are some ways to deal with loneliness in marriage.

Ways to deal with loneliness in marriage are:

1.Take the initiative: In order to know how to cope with loneliness in marriage, you need to take the initiative and take down the walls you have built around yourself. Encourage your partner to do so as well.

2.Shared experience: The key to how to cope with loneliness in a marriage is to have shared experiences. This can be something mundane like taking the dog for a walk or going to the supermarket for a shopping.

3.Stand in their shoes: When the situation comes and you feel that your partner is neglecting you, try to understand their behaviour from his/her point of view. It may not be about you at all, he might simply be frustrated from work.

4.Do not blame yourself: In order to know how to cope with loneliness in a marriage, you need to stop blaming yourself. It is also a good idea to refrain from blaming your partner. Instead, work on constructive ideas to solve the issue.

5.Go on a date: A return to the times of your courtship is a good idea when you want to know how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage. Go on a date at least once in every month and reconnect with your partner.

6.Be communicative: Open and honest communication is key in learning how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage. When you start talking with each other, even trivial things, you pave the way to getting rid of loneliness.

7.A good listener: What is more important when talking to your partner is listening to him. While you learn how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage, you realise that not everything is about you. Be an attentive listener to your spouse.

8.A time for each other: In order to know how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage, set aside at least an hour each day to spend with your spouse. Leave the worries and responsibilities of your life aside and devote this time only for your spouse.

These are the ways to deal with loneliness in marriage.

http://www.jeloser.info/2017/01/how-to-deal-with-loneliness-in-marriage.html

mynd44 lalasticlala

Very educative post. A major reason people are lonely in marriage is because they didn't marry there friend. Friendship should be a major part of a relationship.
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by davidif: 10:35am On Jan 21, 2017
hotspec:
OP, what u copied only work in theory, which @|$0 made me conclude dt ure still single. In practice, nothing u wrote works. Once d marriage starts falling apart, little could be done..Moreso, there are things that happened that.leads to u isolating ur spouse, most of which u cant help.

E.g, My friend's wife is too heady and bossy and because she can cater for herself, finds it impossible to say sorry for any wrong she does. Rather she hibernates and stop giving him attention.for as long as she wants to punish my friend. Now, after sevral attempts to save d situation continuously hit d rock, my friend is.moving on with his life, though they still live together but nothing conjugal btw them again.

Great feedback.
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by BiafranBushBoy: 11:03am On Jan 21, 2017
davidif:

and who said you must be married to give good advice?

Because it is easier said than done.

We need successful married men to tell us how. Not some little kids.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by uvalued(m): 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
NairalandDSS:
Most people get married in the hope of finding a partner with whom they can share anything and everything. Many hope to find their best friends in their life partners. Many get married thinking that they will never be lonely again, especially if you marry late in life.But, it is an unfortunate truth that many people do not find what they seek in their marriage. Many are left unsatisfied and lonely as their partner fails to understand them. This usually happens if you have a workaholic partner or if they were forced into marriage with you. Other times, your partner may not be aware that you are feeling lonely in the relationship.

Whatever be the case, it is not wise to simply throw in the towel and call it quits before trying to deal with the problem. In fact, loneliness in relationships can have devastating effects on you. You might tend to perceive others as less caring and affectionate than they really are. Here are some ways to deal with loneliness in marriage.

Ways to deal with loneliness in marriage are:

1.Take the initiative: In order to know how to cope with loneliness in marriage, you need to take the initiative and take down the walls you have built around yourself. Encourage your partner to do so as well.

2.Shared experience: The key to how to cope with loneliness in a marriage is to have shared experiences. This can be something mundane like taking the dog for a walk or going to the supermarket for a shopping.

3.Stand in their shoes: When the situation comes and you feel that your partner is neglecting you, try to understand their behaviour from his/her point of view. It may not be about you at all, he might simply be frustrated from work.

4.Do not blame yourself: In order to know how to cope with loneliness in a marriage, you need to stop blaming yourself. It is also a good idea to refrain from blaming your partner. Instead, work on constructive ideas to solve the issue.

5.Go on a date: A return to the times of your courtship is a good idea when you want to know how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage. Go on a date at least once in every month and reconnect with your partner.

6.Be communicative: Open and honest communication is key in learning how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage. When you start talking with each other, even trivial things, you pave the way to getting rid of loneliness.

7.A good listener: What is more important when talking to your partner is listening to him. While you learn how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage, you realise that not everything is about you. Be an attentive listener to your spouse.

8.A time for each other: In order to know how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage, set aside at least an hour each day to spend with your spouse. Leave the worries and responsibilities of your life aside and devote this time only for your spouse.

These are the ways to deal with loneliness in marriage.

http://www.jeloser.info/2017/01/how-to-deal-with-loneliness-in-marriage.html

mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
Dominiquez:
I married my best friend and i am not feeling lonely.

Thats the best move ever.
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2017
Loneliness in marriage is a gentle killer
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 21, 2017
Op, I've tried all these and none works. I have 3 options.. Continue living miserably in patience, get a sideline or file for divorce.
The 1st is leading me to suicide, 2nd might be problematic with a wrong person, the 3rd will affect kids.

I don tire

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2017
Dominiquez:
I married my best friend and i am not feeling lonely.

Lucky you. I think this is the key.

I hope to find and marry someone who's not just my husband but my best friend.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Chiebunigom: 5:57pm On Jan 21, 2017
Mayflowa:

This is a very wise comment. True, some partners in marriage deliberately set out to frustrate their spouse. They won't seek divorce yet they don't wanna mend fences with their better half.

This selfish and devilish. Like you said, such people don't have business marrying!

Very nice comment you got there. Some spouses are intentionally out to frustrate their partners, they neither want to work on their marriage nor seek for divorce as you said.
When I opened the post I thought I would be reading on suggestions on how to cope with the loneliness when those two you mentioned above (mending fences or divorce) become farfetched, but unfortunately was disappointed!
The OP should remember that a person's best friend could turn out to become his/her worst enemy someday, so marrying your friend like some people usually suggest, is not a guarantee to a happily ever after married life.
Let us know what do to curb this loneliness in marriage not on how to turn around the situation in the event that the options I mentioned earlier are out of it.

Can someone please? Anyone?

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by TinaAnita(f): 6:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
extwoo:
So people get lonely in marriage shocked cry

And yet singles who are lonely believe that marriage is the answer to loneliness. The human race is truly complicated
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by hotspec(m): 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2017
Mayflowa:

Does the wife wanted the marriage saved but doesn't know how. The couple should see a marriage counselor. People are surprisingly oblivious of their role as a spouse in marriages. Counselor helps to bare out anger, douse tension and direct a feasible path for the couple.

Ure still speaking from theory. No two events in marriages are d same. Even marriage counselors are also learning on d job as most of them also have problems with their marriage that cannot be managed. Besides, how many MC do we have in 9ja and ao many visits them?
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Mayflowa(m): 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2017
hotspec:
Ure still speaking from theory. No two events in marriages are d same. Even marriage counselors are also learning on d job as most of them also have problems with their marriage that cannot be managed. Besides, how many MC do we have in 9ja and ao many visits them?

There are many marriage counsellors in Nigeria. I am not referring to Pastors that stereotype women to some certain functions. I mean a proper counsellor who listens to both parties and makes fair decision. There are a number of counsellors in Nigeria though not much because of large of patronage. Check google, you would see a list of them.

I do not understand. You are facing problem in your marriage. You can no longer resolve it yourselves. It is then expedient you seek outside help. Doing nothing means nothing would change. Counsellors may or may not succeed but not trying is failure already. BTW, I am speaking from experience
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Topshow2010(m): 9:37pm On Jan 21, 2017
vitalisdiho:
Good beginnings make good endings

I beg to differ on dt,life in marriage or generally are neva predictable .Most tym;d good beginning could could end in worst while d one dt had d worst beginning could end in d best nd blissful ends.My prayer is dt may the good Lord anchors our marital journey to a blissful destination IJN.
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by mylove4him(f): 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
Mayflowa:

My brother you have written well. Some partners are out there to frustrate their partners. They won't seek counselling cos they are afraid the counsellor will tell them what they don't want to hear. Some will say don't go wash your dirty linens outside. And if the tables were turned they wil be the one to throw tantrums. So like I always advise don't put too much happiness on someone else.
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 26, 2017
Chiebunigom:

Very nice comment you got there. Some spouses are intentionally out to frustrate their partners, they neither want to work on their marriage nor seek for divorce as you said.
When I opened the post I thought I would be reading on suggestions on how to cope with the loneliness when those two you mentioned above (mending fences or divorce) become farfetched, but unfortunately was disappointed!
The OP should remember that a person's best friend could turn out to become his/her worst enemy someday, so marrying your friend like some people usually suggest, is not a guarantee to a happily ever after married life.
Let us know what do to curb this loneliness in marriage not on how to turn around the situation in the event that the options I mentioned earlier are out of it.

Can someone please? Anyone?

i loooove your name Chiebunigom

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Chiebunigom: 12:34am On Jan 27, 2017
FlirtyKaren:

i loooove your name Chiebunigom
Thanks dear.
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Viccctor(m): 11:58pm On Feb 09, 2017
NairalandDSS:

hmmm
hi..sir.. Saw ur previous thread of d good assistance nd support u rendered... Am in my finals..battling wit my project.. Evry support u can offer..i wil utmostly b greatful... I couldnt comment on d thread..because of d levl of response ... Anytin u offer i wil acept...3065189756 firstbank victor ukpe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Accept Your Dad’s Secret Family? / How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother / Letter To Married African Men And Women By Temi Badmus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.