Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign (877 Views)

Wike Planning To Pay Ekiti Workers 6 Months Salary Arrears – APC / Bring Seized Substandard Tyres To Aba Instead Of Burning Them - Dr Ikpeazu To FG / Aregbesola Clears 4 Months Salary Arrears With N14.2bn - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by kahal29: 5:49am On Jan 21, 2017
EBONYI state Chapter of Abia state town union Presidents and Community leader, Chief Chukwunyere Okogbue friday called on Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State to resign as Governor over his inability to pay workers’ salaries in the last 7 months.

In a press statement signed by the group Spokesperson after its meeting, the town Union President expressed regret that most families in Abia today were going through economic hardship and starvation following the Governor’s insensitivity to the plight of the people.

The Town union Presidents who passed a vote of no confidence on the Governor expressed worry that while the staff of the Abia Teaching Hospital were being owed 8 months salary, their counterpart in Abia Polytechnic staff and lecturers were also being owed 8 months salary equally.

Chief Okogbue explained that while other states received bail out funds and utilized them to off set arrears of salaries owed civil servants in the state, Governor Ikpeazu apart from the bail out fund also recently received about N17 billion from the Paris club refund and till date has failed to channel the money to the payment of workers salaries and other meaningful venture in the state.

He insisted that during the last general election in the state, it was clear to everyone that Abians did not vote for Ikpeazu adding that what is currently playing out in the state is a clear indication that the Governor lacked the political will, the capability and desire to govern the state.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/7-months-salary-arrears-group-ask-ikpeazu-resign/

2 Likes

Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by odiks: 5:58am On Jan 21, 2017
It's long overdue. The man is curse to Abia workers. Since July no salary. Workers in the state were last paid in June with the bailout money from FG. What he does with the state monthly allocations only God knows...

1 Like

Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by Pavore9: 6:12am On Jan 21, 2017
It is sad.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by Olasco93: 6:19am On Jan 21, 2017
And he's been receiving his since he assumed office. I wonder when some humans will start acting the "Love your neighbour as thyself which has become a popular 'slogan', mostly in Africa..." When he already knows that some peoples lives depend on their salaries and so on... They crave for leadership, but if and only if they know what Leadership really is.
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by UAE123(m): 6:20am On Jan 21, 2017
Any state governor that cannot pay its workers is not fit to be in that office. All governors must look inward on how to legally raise their internally generated revenue rather than totally waiting for the month to end so as to rush to abuja for the usual sharing of money .
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by kahal29: 6:25am On Jan 21, 2017
Pavore9:
It is sad.

Am telling you. Just yst another round of monthly Federal allocation was shared not forgetting the over 10 billion Paris fund and you ask yourself what happened to the allocations of the previous months of July - Dec. Yesterday's own was for January and this time around 400 billion Naira was shared making the states 13.1 billion richer as against the December's share. Furthermore, an extra 15.5 billion Naira to the oil producing states of which Abia is included and still the Governor is owing 7 months of salary arrears. It's Sad indeed. Like someone said only God knows what he does with these allocations.
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by futurenix(m): 6:56am On Jan 21, 2017
UAE123:
Any state governor that cannot pay its workers is not fit to be in that office. All governors must look inward on how to legally raise their internally generated revenue rather than totally waiting for the month to end so as to rush to abuja for the usual sharing of money .

If a man has never created Labour on his own before, trust me he will never have anything to offer in terms of internally generated revenue.

I have come to the conclusion that good entrepreneurs becoming political leaders is the only way Nigeria can grow not just some guy living in a 3 bedroom flat and all of a sudden becomes a governor controlling billions because of God fatherism.

The youngman is busy looting and buying houses for his girlfriends in Aba while workers are starving without salaries.
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by kahal29: 7:21am On Jan 21, 2017
futurenix:

If a man has never created Labour on his own before, trust me he will never have anything to offer in terms of internally generated revenue.

I have come to the conclusion that good entrepreneurs becoming political leaders is the only way Nigeria can grow not just some guy living in a 3 bedroom flat and all of a sudden becomes a governor controlling billions because of God fatherism.

The youngman is busy looting and buying houses for his girlfriends in Aba while workers are starving without salaries.

It's well
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by modath(f): 7:36am On Jan 21, 2017
futurenix:

Not true!!! Lee Kwan Yew transformed Singapore from a 3rd world country to a thriving and enviable one and he was a mere barrister!!

If you gat it, you gat it!!!

Most (not ALL, like 75%) of Nigeria's "good entrepreneurs" either are involved in sharp practices like Forex round tripping or are piggy backed by corrupt government officials who use them as front to launder / loot the treasury through inflated contracts et al, so thinking this way isn't the real solution....

Until we can prune down the excessive control of old braggarts on our national landscape and reduce the powers of monetization/ cash for votes, the vicious circle remains...

Some people dey get "dividends of democracy" be dat, so he still dey werk.. smiley

1 Like

Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by nonsobaba: 9:07am On Jan 21, 2017
The man is tunneling his state funds to Obasanjo to save him from imminent defeat at the supreme court.

1 Like

Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by paramakina202: 9:38am On Jan 21, 2017
IkpeAzu is incompetent fat fool that does nothing but party all night with married women.
I pity my people from the day Ochendo Ochi had his way and foisted this fool on us.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by slimfit1(m): 10:05am On Jan 21, 2017
I think it makes sense if Igbo people figure out how to rule themselves first before asking for Biafra. Think how you are going to survive because if you go once there is no coming back. Not a lot of people or countries would like to do business with you.
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by odiks: 10:14am On Jan 21, 2017
paramakina202:
IkpeAzu is incompetent fat fool that does nothing but party all night with married women.
I pity my people from the day Ochendo Ochi had his way and foisted this fool on us.

So you know. The man is a disaster in Abia state.
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by odiks: 10:14am On Jan 21, 2017
slimfit1:
I think it makes sense if Igbo people figure out how to rule themselves first before asking for Biafra. Think how you are going to survive because if you go once there is no coming back. Not a lot of people or countries would like to do business with you.

I concur
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by pazienza(m): 11:51am On Jan 21, 2017
Didn't we warn Abia people that nothing good can ever come out of T.A Orji, Ngwa people allowed petty sectionalism and parochial interest to blind them and led the whole state astray.
Now they all must pay the price of the folly. If they will learn in the future,which I doubt, seeing the kind of incompetent governors they had elected so far, let them.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by pazienza(m): 11:53am On Jan 21, 2017
slimfit1:

Biafra survival or lack of it, should be the least of your worries.
Face your Oduarewanistan. You can't possibly love Ndiigbo more than you love your own people.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by kahal29: 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2017
nonsobaba:
The man is tunneling his state funds to Obasanjo to save him from imminent defeat at the supreme court.

Hahaha
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by kahal29: 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
odiks:

So you know. The man is a disaster in Abia state.

My worry is that his praise singers doesn’t see anything wrong with his actions but if this was to be in Imo or Osun you will see them running their mouth but now is Abia they have all turned deaf and dumb.
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by odiks: 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2017
More comments from.....

Akpala Jayceemarksman Ude Jnr

The truth still remains that the hunger in abia state currently is fast out weighing the hardship in the country as a whole.... If care is not taken Abians are still yet to experience perpetuated poverty, misery, misrule and hardship under this present government..... Every day all his media aides come on air to blame the president but yet same person they blame doled out 14.251 billion as bail out funds for same salary and pensions arrears what happened? Today again 10.6billion has been given to state governments what's happening? Everyday we hear lies Abia ghost workers and all that, other states find measures to succor the hardship yet some foolish sycophants are here appraising a government that has plunged it's workers and pensioners into deep poverty hunger and hardship.... Our children are been shown d way out of the school cos of their fees , landlords evicting it's tenants yet this men can't hear d cry out if it masses so the government cannot pay it's workers except there is special funds from F. G then what happens to our IGR and fed. Allocations? The truth is just what the Bible said that the hearts is been sealed with hot iron!!! But one thing is sure that one day Abians will rejoice and experience total bliss of government......

#Pay your workers ikpeazu and stop deceiving yourself and not abians#
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by Toosure70: 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
Na APC? and the mumu will be shouting aregbe.
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by kahal29: 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2017
Toosure70:
Na APC? and the mumu will be shouting aregbe.

Hahaha
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by babdap: 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2017
Even if I don't pay salaries, I don't pay this...... The fact still remains GOVERNOR Okezie is still the constituted authority for Abia State. Na joke oo
Re: 7 Months Salary Arrears: Group Ask Ikpeazu To Resign by Africonji: 3:53pm On Jan 21, 2017
Rubbish fakes news propaganda from enemies of Abia state. I can see Ngwa haters are gathering like vultures to blackmail OVI, but you pipo have failed because our able and performing governor will do his 8 years complete. No shaking.

The mods should close down this nonsense thread.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Long Can Pres Buhari Stay In London? / Buhari Vs Osinbajo: Same Party, Different Attitudes To Power / BREAKING!!! Niger Delta Militants Kill Nigerian Soldier (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.