Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,717 members, 7,837,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi (16319 Views)

Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / Obasanjo, IBB, Danjuma, Others Running Nigeria With Buhari - Pat Utomi / What Nnamdi Kanu Told Us In Prison — Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by idupaul: 10:25am On Jan 21, 2017
Aufbauh:

“We have a zero-sub mindset. People are struggling over things that they shouldn’t be struggling over.” e.g the death recorded in the most recent Ipob rally for uninterested President Donald Trump.

And Fulani killing people just because of grazing land when they can actually ranch and make more money
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by chuksjuve(m): 10:27am On Jan 21, 2017
I came to read comments...
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by redcliff: 10:31am On Jan 21, 2017
paiz:
nigeria has degenerated from being a zoo to an abbatoir

Lmao!
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by Ibime(m): 10:32am On Jan 21, 2017
post=52992746:

“We have a zero-sub mindset. People are struggling over things that they shouldn’t be struggling for

The phrase is Zero- Sum mindset in reference to Game Theory.

I dey wonder whether our Journalists for Naija go school at all.

Someone is talking about Game Theory, you are writing about Mortal Kombat. Zero-Sub ko! Sub-Zero ni!
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by Yomiwayne80(m): 10:32am On Jan 21, 2017
“We have a zero-sub mindset. People are struggling over things that they shouldn’t be struggling over.”

In a bus stop, people prefer to struggle for a bus whereas there are still more buses going your way.
Lagos
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by freeze001(f): 10:33am On Jan 21, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
fact!!!!...for example,why should be people engage in rally in Nigeria for Trump..... Who e bEPP?...people just wasted their lives!!!!!!!

Am why should a rally result in a loss of deaths? Was the theme of d rally a death-inducing one? Why should people die at the hands of those who should protect life n property?
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by redcliff: 10:34am On Jan 21, 2017
owodokiri:
lol, there are low intensity conflicts going on in this country at almost every moment in the year. The ones you hear and read about are the ones the Lagos press wants you to read about. Especially in the minority areas in the middle belt and the south. Brutal wars that go unnoticed but continuously consuming lives. Mainly over border issues and farmlands... Then there are the road accidents. The number of people that have died on the Lagos-Benin-Asaba road will stun you! Accidents happen on that road daily. It is by far the busiest road in the country and is now too narrow for the ballooning population.

I have also noticed that folks don't get very old as before . Just as they a hitting 70, they are dying and people are 'celebrating' the burial as that of somebody who lived long.. When i was younger, i remember i used to see old men who have bent with age and barely walk around with their walking sticks.. Not any more. Folks drop dead immediately after retirement and it is becoming the norm.. Have you also noticed the frightening increase in the number of cases of people suffering with Prostate cancer, High BP and Diabetes? Even kidney issues?? Did you notice it wasnt like this 30 years back? angry Something must have been deposited in the food chain somewhere..

That one!
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by SirDavico(m): 10:37am On Jan 21, 2017
Religious and inter ethnic conflict has eaten too deep into the fabric of Nigerian unity.

We are at war. This is a sign of the end time...

''Nation will rise against nation and KINGDOM (or tribe) against KINGDOM.

And there will be famine (recession) and Pestilence (cancer, HIV, EBOLA etc, etc grin ) from one place to another....

And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached onto the ends of the earth (As Jehovah's witnesses are doing) and then....

THE END WILL COME... smiley
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by Chuksgeo: 10:38am On Jan 21, 2017
Pat Utomi as far as I am concerned you are a clown.
I mean what practical solution have you brought to Nigeria if not quoting economic theories that have no practical attribute.
Just remain the clown that you are to your whoever.
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 21, 2017
post=52997181:
Were him for get the statistics that people die more in Nigeria.. some people just sit down inside house dey formulate data
Na wa for you oh if person no talk you no go know.
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by cstr55: 10:50am On Jan 21, 2017
Opakan2:
we have too many idiots and myopic minds all in this same country
People who ordinarily shouldn't get oxygen to live undecided
You are the chief of them actually. I wonder if you actually attended any educational institution no matter how crude.
Eugenics should have wiped the likes of you off instead of wasting the earth's resources.
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by DaudaAbu(m): 10:50am On Jan 21, 2017
owodokiri:
lol, there are low intensity conflicts going on in this country at almost every moment in the year. The ones you hear and read about are the ones the Lagos press wants you to read about. Especially in the minority areas in the middle belt and the south. Brutal wars that go unnoticed but continuously consuming lives. Mainly over border issues and farmlands... Then there are the road accidents. The number of people that have died on the Lagos-Benin-Asaba road will stun you! Accidents happen on that road daily. It is by far the busiest road in the country and is now too narrow for the ballooning population.

I have also noticed that folks don't get very old as before . Just as they a hitting 70, they are dying and people are 'celebrating' the burial as that of somebody who lived long.. When i was younger, i remember i used to see old men who have bent with age and barely walk around with their walking sticks.. Not any more. Folks drop dead immediately after retirement and it is becoming the norm.. Have you also noticed the frightening increase in the number of cases of people suffering with Prostate cancer, High BP and Diabetes? Even kidney issues?? Did you notice it wasnt like this 30 years back? angry Something must have been deposited in the food chain somewhere..

Lagos-benin-Asaba road busier than lagos - Ibadan road? Nah

Folks also dont live long any more becos we've our lifestyle . When did we wtart eating indomie? Spaghetti? Etc

Or generator fumes, congested roads and car fumes, airconditioned cars? Gala ete

HBP will continue with our sedentary lifestyle. Diabetes will persist with consumption of more refined foods imstead of natural foods amd fruits.

Go on and enlightened those close to you. Let them trek instead of riding that okada to short distance. we should try and eat more natural foods and fruits instead of buying imported refined food and feeling like that make us richer than our friends/neighbours. Reduce consumption of refined sugar'd soft drinks and juices and make your own juices from fresh oranges, pineapple, watermelon etc

1 Like

Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by Opakan2: 10:56am On Jan 21, 2017
cstr55:

You are the chief of them actually. I wonder if you actually attended any educational institution no matter how crude.
Eugenics should have wiped the likes of you off instead of wasting the earth's resources.

LMAO.. Eugenics sef will try but won't see draw

Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by cstr55: 10:59am On Jan 21, 2017
Opakan2:

LMAO.. Eugenics sef will try but won't see draw

Do you even know the meaning of eugenics.?
Illiterate afonja.
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by NotComplaining: 11:01am On Jan 21, 2017
NNVanguard:
Prof, Nigerians are resilient and hardy. Most of the challenges we shove aside to survive is enough to pull down the strongest men.

"Resilient" is clever euphemism for hopelessness and despair. Living in survival mode as is one who is thrust into a vast desert; die or live with less?

The truth is we have no other option than to be optimistic and quietly rehearse the ubiquitous nursery rhyme 'Nigeria will be great again'.

Our parents claim Nigeria was once a great nation full of equal opportunities and access to all basic amenities, but it's very hard to live on such a legacy, especially when some are benefiting from the status quo.

Nigeria is full of silent protests, disgruntled citizens on every street and crevice. Naturally humans rise above obstacles no matter size and weight, or penchant for violent retribution.

It took the Arabs and the French over 200 years to wake up from destitution. Now there is no level of fear their governments can instill in them.

Nigerians are merely pawns in the cycle of oft-repeating history. The children of the oppressors always suffer.
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by Opakan2: 11:03am On Jan 21, 2017
cstr55:

Illiterate afonja.

I feel your pain bro.. let it all out and be free

politics is not for the faint hearted or overly emotional ones.. pele
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by cstr55: 11:08am On Jan 21, 2017
Opakan2:

I feel your pain bro.. let it all out and be free

politics is not for the faint hearted or overly emotional ones.. pele
Feel my pain? Unlike me, You are suffering in a backward country with no electricity and clean drinking water and no decent future to speak of ,and you are telling me i feel pain.
You must be high on oshogbo weed. If you don't feel pain at your pitiable plight, then there is something seriously wrong with you.
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by Opakan2: 11:12am On Jan 21, 2017
cstr55:

Feel my pain? Unlike me, You are suffering in a backward country with no electricity and clean drinking water and no decent future to speak of ,and you are telling me i feel pain.
You must be high on oshogbo weed. If you don't feel pain at your despicable plight, then there is something seriously with you.

lol.. now I know where you're coming from

Let me be honest, being in Naija is my wish actually. I can get out any damn minute if I so wish so stop forming ajebo or what I dnt know

You dnt even know if I have dual citizenship, all you believe is that everyone living in Nigeria is backward and suffering

you need re-orientation, serious one
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by Opakan2: 11:21am On Jan 21, 2017
cstr55:

Don't drag me to your dirty afonja level abeg. I know my convo with you is giving you a surge in self-esteem, given the obvious fact that i don't engage in worthless, brain-retarding discourse.
That is all you will get. Now run along and go play in the sand.
Don't bother quoting me. I have soiled myself in the mud enough.

Unlike you, I don't let Pride rule me

I was only setting the records straight.. you should be happy I didn't ignore you from the onset

Shalom!
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by NNVanguard(m): 11:23am On Jan 21, 2017
NotComplaining:

"Resilient" is clever euphemism for hopelessness and despair. Living in survival mode as is one who is thrust into a vast desert; die or live with less?

The truth is we have no other option than to be optimistic and quietly rehearse the ubiquitous nursery rhyme 'Nigeria will be great again'.

Our parents claim Nigeria was once a great nation full of equal opportunities and access to all basic amenities, but it's very hard to live on a legacy, especially when some are benefiting from the status quo.

Nigeria is full of silent protests, disgruntled citizens on every street and crevice. Naturally humans rise above obstacles no matter size and weight, or penchant for violent retribution.

It took the Arabs and the French over 200 years to wake up from destitution. Now there is no level of fear their governments can instill in them.

Nigerians are merely pawns in the cycle of oft-repeating history. The children of the oppressors always suffer.

Very nice submissions. You can join us in this revolution on twitter @nnvanguard
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by 2shur: 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
let all leaders step down just like jammeh of gambia did.
let them resign from that post
let them allow us to rule them.
we adults now..so we shud be in power.
we the active population.
dats when death wud be so hard in naija
cause we wud build these country
no more bad roads
no more gen
syeady light
free education
pimpinh pf all airports
no more fence around your house
free wifi unlimited
well preserved game reserves
no more agberos
militancy
election rigging
good economy
dollar wud be a thing of the past.
allow us rule
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by Originalsly: 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2017
Dongreat:
Prof I humbly disagree with your view because it's not actually the reason why there's a high rate of death in Nigeria.
Bro... More people die in Nigeria a violent death than many countries in war is not the same as high mortality... which would include death due to all other factors..diseases, etc.... nor is it the same as death rate... which is a ratio of number of deaths to population of Nigeria... he is referring to violent deaths period. The headline is misleading... since regardless of how many BH or whatever... we can never have more deaths that China.
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by frank202012: 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
fact!!!!...for example,why should be people engage in rally in Nigeria for Trump..... Who e EPP?...people just wasted their lives!!!!!!!

U re very wrong,
Nig has denied her citizens basic needs of life,
U pay for electricity bills nd still stays in darkness,
U have no access to clean drinking water,even the dirty one u drink u struggle to get it.
Even the air u breath in nig is very dirty,ask urself why u lock up ur house nd travel for two weeks only to come back nd meet mountain of dust,don't u knw u re the one who has been inhaling does dirts
U struggle to get admission to high institution,
U struggle to graduate,
To find good Job that is where the father of the problem is..
Even the ones working re complaining of insufficient fund.....
To travel to another mans country in europe is also a big struggle!
Ppl die easily where there is no system to aid life nd nig is a good example of that.....

The ibob u re calling names re the set of ppl who is tired of living in this hell called a country.....
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by blackprowler: 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2017
Which "respected economist?" Even in Nigeria he has no credibility; abroad: forget it!
Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by Bluntmaster: 4:49am On Jan 22, 2017
cstr55:

Illiterate afonja.

This carnivorous animal is always throwing insult cos of frustration. Scam artist who is tired of his pathetic life, must you insult everyone that disagree with you? Go get a life and stop disgracing your late parent.

2 Likes

Re: Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi by cstr55: 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bluntmaster:

This carnivorous animal is always throwing insult cos of frustration. Scam artist wh
o is tired of his pathetic life, must you insult everyone that disagree with you? Go get a life and stop disgracing your late parent.
What do you have that is worth scamming, you broke insignificant troglodyte. If i ever actually scammed you, you wouldn't even know it.
Idiott trying to build up self-esteem by pouring false accusations.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election: Awka Remains Calm, Traffic Free / NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase / G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.