Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

A Twisted View Of Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Twisted View Of Marriage (1276 Views)

How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? / Help! A Friend Of Mine @31 No Boyfriend Not To Talk Of Marriage. / A Twisted View Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Twisted View Of Marriage by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
People will see a man washing his clothes and instead of minding their business, they'll say "Ahh Oga Ejike, go and marry so you'll stop washing".

They'll see a man cooking and be like "Bro Ade, you need to get married so you can stop cooking".

A mother will look at his 35years old son who cannot wash his own boxers, boil water for tea or even make his own bed, a 35years old that cannot take his plates to the kitchen after eating and tell him "James, you need to settle down, get a woman to take care of you". SERIOUSLY??

In different ways, the society subconsciously tell men that they don't marry women for any reason other than cleaning, cooking and childbearing. I begin to wonder, does the average man need a wife or a glorified maid?

Many women look 3times their age all because of stress and exhaustion. You sit down in front of the TV with your phone and watch your wife work until she's about to pass out. REALLY??

Men, who told you that it is wrong to wash your own plates?

Who told you that it is wrong to wash your own clothes?

Who told you that it is wrong to dress your bed when you wake up?

What will it take to help your partner with chores in the house?

If a man wanted to be adopted as a child to be pet, pampered, fed and nursed. Then, he need not to seek marriage, he should rather offer himself up for an adoption at a motherless home to be picked up.

BUT If you want a wife, who you would love, cherish, do different things with, assist in some chores, and love her for the rest of your life, then get married.

AND if you are getting married because you feel you're becoming too old to do your own chores then get a maid.

Women are to be cherished, pampered and loved, not USED. Likewise men too

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by BiafranBushBoy: 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
MTCHEEWWWW!

Welcome to Niaraland where everybody is a counselor angry

5 Likes

Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by dingbang(m): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2017
Well done op.. Well done...marriage is now all about women... Welldon

Why don't u ladies help us in washing our cars

Why don't u ladies help us in changing the flat tyre

Why don't u ladies help us in fixing house hold mechanical / electrical issues

Iffa touch u eh

1 Like

Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by eph12(m): 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2017
Like this is something new?
Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by ednut1(m): 7:05pm On Jan 21, 2017
i sometimes wonder y some women are desperate to get married self

1 Like

Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by ozo8080(m): 7:38pm On Jan 21, 2017
Here

Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2017
Everybody wants to b marriage counsellor grin grin
Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 21, 2017
[b] I see!

There is something called "Traditional Gender Roles" go and read about it

Any system that isn't done with proper management will fail hence the need for people to work/assist in relationships "based" on their strengths

Its sad that "Gender Role" are abused but your carriage is "Largely" to blame not the person who subjects you to such abuse

If you have made it clear (subtle manner) that you won't accept such treatment men will desist from it but African women prefer to maintain "Mental Reservations" on issues like this than to air out their thoughts

Role of a man(marriage/relationship) is to provide, protect and guide
Role of a woman(marriage/relationship) is to support, counsel and comfort

Traditionally certain things are reserved for certain genders but since the birth of feminism Women have tried to question everything which am sure led to this post of yours

If you don't like the duties that are designated to you in your relationship (love and family), Make your stance known but..... expect "obvious" Bite Backs.
[/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by samdavjustin(m): 10:53pm On Jan 21, 2017
As far as am consigned this issue is very simple. If you want your man to be washing his clothes and doing everything u listed be ready to share the financial burden of the family 50/50 with him. If not then kindly your house duties as well
Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2017
tiny23. I agree with you. Marriage is very much twisted. Marriage is meant to be about COMPANIONSHIP powered by COMPASSION.

1 Like

Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
Thats the programming the society gets. Tiny23.

Sherry Agrov in her best seller, WHY MEN MARRY BITCHES, wrote:

" When I polled men, they said CONFIDENT WOMEN are in short supply. And that a confident woman is what they find sexiest. Is it any wonder that CONFIDENT WOMEN are hard to come by? LOOK AROUND YOU. "

SO, WHAT IS TRENDY?

(She continues) "The average fashion magazine tells women to act like a servant, as if dating were a labor-intensive, blue collar job application: 'Can you serve a cold beer in TRASHY LINGERIE? .....Do you wear CELLOPHANE for him? Are you gardening in STILETTOS? ARE YOU GIVING IT UP DOGGIE-STYLE? If so, he'll drop to one knee and propose...WHAT WOMEN ARE LEARNING FROM ALL OF THIS IS HOW TO BEHAVE DESPERATELY. When her attitude is "PICK ME, PICK ME!". She hits the kill switch on his desire. It's human nature. You'd be just turned off by a guy who brought two dozen roses on the first coffee date and told you he felt like the luckiest SOB on the planet in the first five minutes".

"HERE TAKE MY BODY. And I made you a cake. Please be nice. Please marry me. I WILL EVEN JACK MY BUTT UP NICE AND HIGH LIKE THEY DO IN YOGA. Its comfortable being upside down. Really, I JUST LOVE IT".

"JUST BECAUSE A MAN SLEEPS WITH YOU DOESN'T MEAN HE'S THINKING ABOUT THE FUTURE. FOR HIM TO THINK FOREVER, THERE MUST BE SOMETHING HE RESPECTS WITHIN YOU. LIKE A STRONG WIT....AND A STRONG MIND". Says Sherry Agrov.

This may interest you to read: www.nairaland.com/3778784/dont-blame-men-treat-kind
Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by iRepNaija1: 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2017
dingbang:

Iffa touch u eh

If you weren't so busy being indignant, you would have noticed that the OP said men should be pampered, loved, and cherished too. Mumu.

1 Like

Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by iRepNaija1: 5:59pm On Jun 03, 2017
OP, I agree with you. Marriage is a partnership where both people need to invest and sacrifice for that union. But both men and women are too focused on what they can get out of it without putting too much in. Unfortunately, because Nigeria is a patriarchal society, women suffer the most inequality and men benefit the most so of course their resistant to the change.
Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by davidif: 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
Tiny23:
People will see a man washing his clothes and instead of minding their business, they'll say "Ahh Oga Ejike, go and marry so you'll stop washing".

They'll see a man cooking and be like "Bro Ade, you need to get married so you can stop cooking".

A mother will look at his 35years old son who cannot wash his own boxers, boil water for tea or even make his own bed, a 35years old that cannot take his plates to the kitchen after eating and tell him "James, you need to settle down, get a woman to take care of you". SERIOUSLY??

In different ways, the society subconsciously tell men that they don't marry women for any reason other than cleaning, cooking and childbearing. I begin to wonder, does the average man need a wife or a glorified maid?

Many women look 3times their age all because of stress and exhaustion. You sit down in front of the TV with your phone and watch your wife work until she's about to pass out. REALLY??

Men, who told you that it is wrong to wash your own plates?

Who told you that it is wrong to wash your own clothes?

Who told you that it is wrong to dress your bed when you wake up?

What will it take to help your partner with chores in the house?

If a man wanted to be adopted as a child to be pet, pampered, fed and nursed. Then, he need not to seek marriage, he should rather offer himself up for an adoption at a motherless home to be picked up.

BUT If you want a wife, who you would love, cherish, do different things with, assist in some chores, and love her for the rest of your life, then get married.

AND if you are getting married because you feel you're becoming too old to do your own chores then get a maid.

Women are to be cherished, pampered and loved, not USED. Likewise men too

Man, it's all about parenting. How you raise your kids especially the male child matters a lot.
Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by davidif: 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
Great post by the way.
Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by davidif: 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
dingbang:

Iffa touch u eh

As if a lot of Nigerian men can do all what you said.

(1) (Reply)

#bbnaija Stunning Photos Of Tboss With Her Family Members / See The Wise And Hilarious Reply This Lady Got From Her Master (photo) / It’s Not Sex Older Men Want From Younger Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.