Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump (36659 Views)

President Trump Finally Wears A Face-Mask In Public For The First Time / Pelosi Signs And Submits Articles Of Impeachment Against President Trump. Video / Venezuelan Military Truck Ran Into Citizens Protesting Against President Maduro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by princessayesha(f): 5:18am On Jan 22, 2017
KingRex1:
Doesn't make sense.. What exactly do they wanna achieve?
The man obviously takes women as sex objects, and only as sex objects.
Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by linearity: 5:19am On Jan 22, 2017
Gerrard59:

Because Trump won? Did you say same when Bush won and Al Gore lost? Even Abraham Lincoln won 40% of the popular votes.

The electoral college is to America as winning 2/3 states is to Nigeria. If not, states like Lagos and Kano (NBS statistics) will determine the president.

When those women begin to protest about the incessant rap€ in India and women abuses in Saudi, then I can understand their grievances.

Trying to clarify a point you mean...

The US election of 1860 was contested by four good candidates and Abraham Lincoln even with 40% won the popular vote along with the electoral college vote.

Bush & Trump losing the Popular vote but winning the Electoral college votes is a new pattern in the UD and might likely continue each time a democrats losses the White House as it is not feasible for Republicans to win the popular vote giving America current trend.

The next question is, if the Democrats will continue to allow it to slide, the wisdom in the ID is, they will not; but will wait patiently until they know, they have the votes both at the National & State Legislature to move for a constitutional amendment.
Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by Smartmey(m): 6:33am On Jan 22, 2017
najoke:
Quote from a great mind

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry
oni jamu
Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by almarthins(m): 6:54am On Jan 22, 2017
ritababe:
200000 in new York that's good, I for like to join self.

Haba! Wetin trump do una na? Make una let this man survive presidency, e no go womanize again. I swear

1 Like

Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by Meritocracy: 6:55am On Jan 22, 2017
madridguy:
Medicine after death.
Don't mind the stupid minority protesting against majority as if no be them casted votes. Long live Trump
Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by Sleekdude4u(m): 6:57am On Jan 22, 2017
najoke:
Women poured into the US capital on Saturday to march in opposition to US President Donald Trump, while sister demonstrations took place in cities across Europe, Africa and Asia.

Saturday's protests came just a day after Trump, a right-wing Republican, took office.

In addition to Washington, DC, demonstrations against Trump's discriminatory rhetoric took place in Sydney, London, Berlin, Tokyo, Paris, Stockholm and elsewhere.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/women-world-protest-president-trump-170121134424671.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-women-asia-idUSKBN155039
http://news.sky.com/story/thousands-of-women-march-against-trump-around-the-uk-and-the-world-10736875
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/21/hundreds-thousands-women-protest-against-trump.html

Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 22, 2017
Protest all you want. He's already the President!
Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by Medley(m): 7:24am On Jan 22, 2017
petbam:
I pity my Igbo brother
that think this man will give them Biafra. If you listen to his inaugural speech yesterday, he said American will no longer medley with another country affairs. My iPod brother nothing can come out of this racist man that call himself American President. Remember he said "American first, American first.
oga it's 'meddle' and not medley. I don't like unnecessary mentions. Work on your lexicon
Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 22, 2017
madridguy:
Medicine after death.
Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by imitateMe(m): 7:48am On Jan 22, 2017
Medley:
oga it's 'meddle' and not medley. I don't like unnecessary mentions. Work on your lexicon
Lol
Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by thunderbabs: 7:53am On Jan 22, 2017
KingRex1:

You're lost.. Forgerrit

Thankful I found you though... cool
Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by kerike: 8:18am On Jan 22, 2017
No room for lesbians again in the world if u pple like go n complain to lucifer Trump/Pence the sanitizers
Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by Timelezz: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2017
fabfunmi:

I don't agree with you.
The senate is undemocratic. And because a state’s
number of electors is based partly on its number
of senators, the Electoral College is thus
partially undemocratic too.
The electoral college law shoul be reviewed.
In your ideal democracy, a behemoth state like California or New York will single handedly determine the President of the United State .

You're forgetting America is a federation which principal is founded on the autonomy of the federating units.

The Electoral college gives smaller states as much voice and power in determining the presidency more than a straight out vote would ever had.
Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by Timelezz: 10:24am On Jan 22, 2017
linearity:

Not true.

The Electoral College is not democratic and American is not a democracy.

American is a constitutional Republic and that is how the founding fathers want it.
Hahahaha! Yes America is a monarchy!
Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by makoota: 11:09am On Jan 22, 2017
They are on their own. Here in Port harcourt Nigeria, IPOB group marched in his support so to hell with their ideology
Re: Women Around The World Protest Against President Trump by Origin(f): 8:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
Who are these women. Who is funding this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Philippines: Taal Volcano Spews Lava, Sends Ash Clouds Into Sky / Biden Arrives Israel. / At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.