Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours (34152 Views)

"If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady / What Is The Most Annoying Punishment A Man Thinks He Can Give His Wife? / My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by cococandy(f): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
People still take this 'men are providers' BS literally?

Not really.
It's only on the internet. In real life it's only a matter of time before you're required to bring home the bacon too.

4 Likes

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
pcguru1:

There's this stuff called Prepclass where you can create course material and people can pay to subscribe for it. You can look it up. If I have more information I will share. I think your husband is just getting cranky about work and the economy.
More threads need you..
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
TrapQueen77:
grin

I have a friend, she's a teacher as well..she was laid off from her job too & the worse she's a single mom but it doesn't stopped her there.. She set up a tutorial class in her house..
U can do that as well or try to venture in small biznez if ur into it.. grin
Most Men nowadays, they don't value how hard to be a full time mother. angry
WOMEN you are a blessing.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
ahnie:
Madam op...the economy z not friendly.you don't have to wait that long before getting another job.you ve to assist the dude in sharing responsibilities.when I had my first child...she was 3month old wen I resumed doing my Xtra moral classes and I was also employed in another school.

I am currently preggy with my second baby,with my big belly I still do my Xtra moral classes and also teaching.

You hav to be productive.you can enrol your baby into the schoo creche and do your thing.
ahnie:

Pls ayam interested on the prepclass stuff.
[quote author=ahnie post=53026642]
Womanhood is a blessing.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by pocohantas(f): 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
Lalasticlala what do you have to say? angry
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by freecocoa(f): 10:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
airminem:

Outcome Of Our Previous Discus ~ He Says That's His Money So He Should Knw What He Does Wit It And The Day I Work Then I Can Claim My Own Money. This Is So Hard To Deal With. Thanks Though
That's gotta hurt but OP, he may not have meant it the way you think, trust me.

You should get a job, not even because of what he said but because it's the wise thing to do. There's a sense of security that comes with "your own money". The fact that two become one in marriage, doesn't mean you are no longer two individuals. He can get mad and say something, you don't expect, doesn't have to mean the end of the world.

I also get the feeling that, you can't help but point out how staying at home has been a huge deal, cos you are caring for the family, if that's the case, then I can understand why the man may be a tad bit irritated. Well, my sister, it's not easy being a mum/keeping a home but, it is what you signed up for, doing it should be wholehearted, with no expectations of being praised, just like no one's watching. Ofcourse we all like to be appreciated, but that's not something you demand, especially not for doing what you ought to do.

Your husband is just cranky, more so, given the present economy, just bear with him. Instead of getting angry or staying hurt, try and have a heart to heart with him, remind him you aren't lazy and why he chose to be married to you in the first place, don't just stay whinning, people with 3 months old kids work, get a nanny or enroll the kid in a creche, it's something you can do, a woman can have it all.

5 Likes

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by airminem(f): 10:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
I Appreciate Okay
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 23, 2017
Rock01:

More threads need you..

wink
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:15am On Jan 23, 2017
cococandy:
People still take this 'men are providers' BS literally?

Not really.
It's only on the internet. In real life it's only a matter of time before you're required to bring home the bacon too.
Atleast u didn't blame d man dis time around

1 Like

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:16am On Jan 23, 2017
freecocoa:
That's gotta hurt but OP, he may not have meant it the way you think, trust me.

You should get a job, not even because of what he said but because it's the wise thing to do. There's a sense of security that comes with "your own money". The fact that two become one in marriage, doesn't mean you are no longer two individuals. He can get mad and say something, you don't expect, doesn't have to mean the end of the world.

I also get the feeling that, you can't help but point out how staying at home has been a huge deal, cos you are caring for the family, if that's the case, then I can understand why the man may be a tad bit irritated. Well, my sister, it's not easy being a mum/keeping a home but, it is what you signed up for, doing it should be wholehearted, with no expectations of being praised, just like no one's watching. Ofcourse we all like to be appreciated, but that's not something you demand, especially not for doing what you ought to do.

Your husband is just cranky, more so, given the present economy, just bear with him. Instead of getting angry or staying hurt, try and have a heart to heart with him, remind him you aren't lazy and why he chose to be married to you in the first place, don't just stay whinning, people with 3 months old kids work, get a nanny or enroll the kid in a creche, it's something you can do, a woman can have it all.

Cocoa don dey change o,can't beleive u didn't blame d man

1 Like

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by freecocoa(f): 10:52am On Jan 23, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Cocoa don dey change o,can't beleive u didn't blame d man
Meaning wetin? I've always tried to be rational. Take your time o. angry
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by airminem(f): 12:23am On Jan 24, 2017
freecocoa:
Meaning wetin? I've always tried to be rational. Take your time o. angry

easy pls
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2017
grin
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Enemyofpeace: 10:38pm On Jan 28, 2017
Truth hurts
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
I think you deserve some sort of allowance monthly regardless.

1 Like

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by columbus007(m): 10:41pm On Jan 28, 2017
Women and money undecided
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by soberdrunk(m): 10:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
If not that i dont like spoiling peoples homes, i will have said it seems a side-chic has entered the picture..... angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by africandollar: 10:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
Ma'am you should have a heart-to-heart talk with your man over this matter instead of asking for advice on Nairaland- a forum where majority are not even married talk less of having kids. Most troubles that break up marriages are financial in nature and the best way to overcome such is through communication. If your man really loves you then he would be willing to listen to your own side of the argument rather than remain obstinate. Have you let him know how you feel when he makes such statements? Have you sat down to actually review how much you guys are spending from your budget? If you can't talk about such issues with your man then I wonder why you are both together in the first place?

5 Likes

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Akinaukwa: 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
Dont mind him, na unu get the money together jare! But try get a job.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Phi001(m): 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
cne010:
I think you deserve some sort of allowance monthly regardless.
The question is do the family monthly expenses give room for such luxury?

That English is doing me somehow...
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 28, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by idupaul: 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2017
Too much suffering inside most marriages i tell u
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by claremont(m): 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2017
@OP: This depends on the country you live in. If you live in Nigeria, I understand the frustration of your husband who believes you are simply a child-bearing scrounger with no value to add besides raising kids. If you live in the UK, the government pays a child benefit stipend which you can use to take care of your basic expenses, your husband wouldn't feel the pressure as much.

The money he earns is for the family, but I understand his frustration in being the sole breadwinner.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by blkmum700: 10:53pm On Jan 28, 2017
PaperLace:
My sister, 1yr and half? it's Buhari's economy.
Everyone is getting worked up, we're not getting value for our money and hardwork.

We should be more bothered 'bout how you can make some money, while still having time for you baby.

Modified: it seems you really want us to blame the man, and we have refused...lols. Okay, his money is una money, but you have a better idea of what he earns_ less the incessant hike in prices of recurrent expenditure from it and you'll

understand why he is angry.
Have you bothered to ask what he thinks he should have achieved? Maybe he planned buying a land in 2016, this is 2017, no land-no savings. Men naturally get angry when they are not meeting their target.

I didn't advise you to jump back into teaching because the average teaching jobs doesn't pay that much. It may not give your family's financial condition the required boost. There are so many things you can do from home to earn better than the average teacher. If you really want a career in teaching, you can do certification(s) while at home, that way...you'll be relevant upon your return.

Wait wait wait,do you sell food at airport hotel in Ikeja, the pic on your profile look like that of airport hotel,I go like eat that fish Ooo.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by soath(m): 10:55pm On Jan 28, 2017
airminem:
I am a stay at home mom, for now. I was laid off from a teaching job while pregnant and decided to use this time to care for our 8months son. In the beginning there was never an issue with one persons money being his or hers it was always ours.

Now after a year and a half anything I spend becomes an issue. When we talk about money he talks about working his a.s.s off, having nothing to show for it, because I'm spending HIS money.

Surprisingly, I don't even shop. Every once in a while I may purchase something for the home or something our kid need. I'm almost tempted to go on back to work, but I would like to stay out one more year until our son is of preschool age. I don't know if I will be able to make it that long.

It just seems like when you become a stay at home mom and don't earn an income you become less than, not equal, and nothing is truly yours because you didn't earn it. Just because we are at home doesn't mean we don't work, we just don't get paid for it.
Don't blame your man. While you wait there are things you can venture into that won't take your time. Good night.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by tillaman(m): 10:55pm On Jan 28, 2017
Then weneva he comes crawling to u at night tryna remove ur wrapper to log in. Tell him it's ur kpekus not ours

5 Likes

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by claremont(m): 10:56pm On Jan 28, 2017
PaperLace:
My sister, 1yr and half? it's Buhari's economy.
Everyone is getting worked up, we're not getting value for our money and hardwork.

We should be more bothered 'bout how you can make some money, while still having time for you baby.

Modified: it seems you really want us to blame the man, and we have refused...lols. Okay, his money is una money, but you have a better idea of what he earns_ less the incessant hike in prices of recurrent expenditure from it and you'll understand why he is angry.
Have you bothered to ask what he thinks he should have achieved? Maybe he planned buying a land in 2016, this is 2017, no land-no savings. Men naturally get angry when they are not meeting their target.

I didn't advise you to jump back into teaching because the average teaching jobs doesn't pay that much. It may not give your family's financial condition the required boost. There are so many things you can do from home to earn better than the average teacher. If you really want a career in teaching, you can do certification(s) while at home, that way...you'll be relevant upon your return.

Where in Nigeria is the restaurant on your profile please?!
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
airminem:
I am a stay at home mom, for now. I was laid off from a teaching job while pregnant and decided to use this time to care for our 8months son. In the beginning there was never an issue with one persons money being his or hers it was always ours.

Now after a year and a half anything I spend becomes an issue. When we talk about money he talks about working his a.s.s off, having nothing to show for it, because I'm spending HIS money. U just need 2 get a job OK. Even if ur salary is meagre at least u will contributing something & adding value. Sitting @ home ll ma

Surprisingly, I don't even shop. Every once in a while I may purchase something for the home or something our kid need. I'm almost tempted to go on back to work, but I would like to stay out one more year until our son is of preschool age. I don't know if I will be able to make it that long.

It just seems like when you become a stay at home mom and don't earn an income you become less than, not equal, and nothing is truly yours because you didn't earn it. Just because we are at home doesn't mean we don't work, we just don't get paid for it.
u just need 2 get a job 2 add value 2 ur family. Sitting @ home ll make u rusty. Bothering him 4 money 4 ur personal things isn't OK.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Izen: 11:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
Joavid:

No one begged you to be a mum.

No one said being a mum would be easy.

We have working mum's everywhere.

If you're waiting for your hubby to give you credit for being a mum, you might not get it.

ok, maybe you're not feeling appreciated, I'm sorry about that. you can discuss your feelings with him.

That's the most insensitive thing I've heard anyone say.
"No body begged you to be a husband, no body begged you to be a father so stop complaining about money!" now how does that sound?

4 Likes

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Ezedon(m): 11:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
You can also make your own money even at home
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by EAZY2422(m): 11:05pm On Jan 28, 2017
ma'am,u've been given enough advice nd creative ways u could earn extra cash to support your hubby already.pls u don't have to start thinking other wise about reasons why your husband started acting d way he does.cos i know hw d female mind works.d economy is nt smilling on anyone at d moment not even d rich.they're even trying to curtail thier mode of spending this dayz.so jst choose a more reasonable path through which u can assist ur husband,cos its rilly not funny anymore.and for me i feel u shuld take d option of organizing a post school lesson for d pupils around ur environs,it will balance up ur home chores ur son nd consequently give u time to rest aswell....jst try to understand d rationale behind ur husbands recent act.no man is happy when he's working nd not seeing d achievements he thinks he shuld hav gotten at a particular time frame.God bless ur home ma'am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arranged Marriages Were Better Than Modern Marriages. / My Wife Is Sleeping With Our Pastor, Has Two Children With Other Men / Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.