Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693521 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
anodebeanthony:
Please who knows about University of District of Columbia? I need to ask some question.
Please can someone answer me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 4:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
What exactly do you want to know about the school?
anodebeanthony:
Please can someone answer me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 4:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
funkyQuest:
Hi all, please does anyone know if I'll still need to take passport photographs to the embassy after uploading it online.
Yes please take at least one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2017
VISA APPROVED THIS MORNING
It was just God's mercy only...Below is my transcript
me: good morning (with smiles)
Vo: good morning(she smiles right back) can I have your passport and your form i20
me: *passes it to her
Vo: what's your highest level of education
Me: National Diploma
Vo: you mean polytechnic
Me: yes
Vo: from when to when
Me: 2012-2014
Vo:When did you finish high school
Me: 2009
Vo: I noticed there's a few gap between your high school and your ND, what were u doing between those years
Me: was searching for admission and I also started working in a cafe to get more used to computers which is my passion from childhood
Vo: how many schools did you apply to
Me: 3 and I named them
Vo: is it just this school that has given you admission
Me: yes, for now
Vo: I can see you have an on housing scholarship how did you get that
Me: it's given to international students that merits it in the school, the school saw my high school results and felt I merit it
Vo: what does your dad do
Me: I told her
Vo: so what will you be doing with this degree when you get it
Me: I'll come back to Nigeria and *vo cuts in
Vo: and probably go for your masters if your parents can afford it right?
Me: yes, when the time comes
Vo: *types for some secs.. I'll be approving your visa, pick it up in this address in next 3 working days
Me: thank you

It was just God's grace and mercy, anyone that feels God is not involved in visa issuance is just... Well I've learnt to trust God over the years. Canada delayed me twice and with my Virgin passport and first time at the US embassy God gave me this visa. No documents was asked, not even the name of my school or why I chose it. All I can say is thank you Jesus and God bless everyone on this thread.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
A lot, I like the school but am not getting enough information about the undergraduate program from their site and the school is not responding to my email. Please if you are in that school please drop your contact let's talk.
joeluv:
What exactly do you want to know about the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 4:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
This is surely grace of God. Congratulations.
Tunnyz7:
Vo: good morning(she smiles right back) can I have your passport and your form i20
Vo: I noticed there's a few gap between your high school and your ND, what were u doing between those years
Me: was searching for admission and I also started working in a cafe to get more used to computers which is my passion from childhood
Me: it's given to international students that merits it in the school, the school saw my high school results and felt I merit it
Vo: *types for some secs.. I'll be approving your visa, pick it up in this address in next 3 working days

It was just God's grace and mercy, anyone that feels God is not involved in visa issuance is just... Well I've learnt to trust God over the years. Canada delayed me twice and with my Virgin passport and first time at the US embassy God gave me this visa. No documents was asked, not even the name of my school or why I chose it. All I can say is thank you Jesus and God bless everyone on this thread.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2017
Wow! Congratulations
Please I want to ask you few question
1. Which school did you apply?
2. I am also an OND holder, please did you apply as undergraduate or transfer? Please If you can't answer the first question please answer this second one.

Tunnyz7:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 4:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
The school is not ranked but tuition is very affordable compared to other schools in DC area. Well I guess you can try, but not much is known about the school.
anodebeanthony:
A lot, I like the school but am not getting enough information about the undergraduate program from their site and the school is not responding to my email. Please if you are in that school please drop your contact let's talk.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
Tunnyz7:

Wooow see God at work
Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 26, 2017
Thank you. Yes, the tuition is affordable. So what do you advise? If there is any school with affordable tuition please suggest and if there is any school that will give me a scholarship when I get admission please suggest.
Thank you once again
joeluv:
The school is not ranked but tuition is very affordable compared to other schools in DC area. Well I guess you can try, but not much is known about the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
Tunnyz7:

Congrats, it was indeed God's favour. Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
DC is a very expensive city. Do u have free accomodation? If yes, try other universities like Howard. But Howard is not cheap too Buh at least u have a change of getting scholarship.
anodebeanthony:
Thank you. Yes, the tuition is affordable. So what do you advise? If there is any school with affordable tuition please suggest and if there is any school that will give me a scholarship when I get admission please suggest.
Thank you once again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by udi2111: 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
electronic:

A good option is to Seek a School that you can pay first semester fees (Worst case Scenario) and then hustle for an Administrative GA in the school from the fisrt semester.. You just have to search well...and then get info from people in such schools.
I believe you intend to pay for the Nursing Program right?
thanks for the response. of course I intend paying for the nursing program. if you can still suggest schools with cheap tuition i will be grateful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
I don't have free accommodation, I need affordable school in Maryland, Virginia and Washinton DC, if possible school that can give me a scholarship within those areas.
joeluv:
DC is a very expensive city. Do u have free accomodation? If yes, try other universities like Howard. But Howard is not cheap too Buh at least u have a change of getting scholarship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
anodebeanthony:
Wow! Congratulations
Please I want to ask you few question
1. Which school did you apply?
2. I am also an OND holder, please did you apply as undergraduate or transfer? Please If you can't answer the first question please answer this second one.

I applied as a fresher *undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
What is the negative part of school not being ranked?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by duduafri: 5:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hello House,

Here is the transcript.

VO: Passport and I 20 request
Me: Greeted and handed it over

Scanned my Barcode
VO: have u been to the US before
ME: Yes, I have travelled to the US twice

VO: whic other country have you visited aside US
Me: South Africa

VO: Why are you going to the US
ME: For My MBA at ****** University at NJ

VO: Are u married
ME: Yes, with a Son

VO: Where does your wife and son live
ME: they reside in Lagos with me

VO: Where is the school Located
ME: montclair, NJ

VO: What do you for work
ME: Product manager at bank *****

VO: Which other organisations have you worked
ME: Stated It

VO: what were your job functions at other organisation
ME: Stated them

VO: One of your previous employement was contract job
ME: Yes

VO: Tell me some of the courses you will be taking during your program
ME: I listed 8 courses

VO: How will you pay for your studies
ME: Mom is sponsoring and my personal savings

VO: What does she do
ME: She is a successful business woman, she is into Importation of Fabric and Jewellery

VO: How much is your monthly income
ME: 373k

VO: Why is your wife not coming with you
ME: My wife is not coming with me because of her job, she is a banker and currently focusing on growing her career. Besides, we dont see any reason why she should come with me since I have plans to be visiting Nigeria whenever the school is on break.

VO: Sorry your Visa is not approved.... Gave me 214b

My concerns: I noticed she asked me questions about where my spouse lives, although they visited US earlier this year and they are back since Feb 25th.

When I checked her i94 status there was no depature date on her form. Could it be the VO is doubting if they are still in the US?

Your contribution would be highly appreciated.

joeluv:
Post full transcript. The problem could come from any angle.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 5:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
If I may ask. If you don't have free accomodation around DMV why do you want to school in the area? These are expensive areas. Anyway, for scholarship levels, try Howard in DC and Morgan in Maryland. They are kind of like black schools so they got lots of funding.
anodebeanthony:
I don't have free accommodation, I need affordable school in Maryland, Virginia and Washinton DC, if possible school that can give me a scholarship within those areas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
Just that you can't get much details about the school
anodebeanthony:
What is the negative part of school not being ranked?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by udi2111: 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
sirRiddy:
I know someone who did this and maybe they can guide you
but like everyone's concern, are you a genuine student? undecided
I'm a very genuine student o. i even intend switching to a course in the IT sector but he insisted that if i really want to get a job immediately i graduate then i should switch to nursing,warriboy also mentioned something like this in this thread that's the major reason I want to switch to nursing because I want to stay behind after i graduate from any program in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by udi2111: 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
HakemAbdulJabar:
Hello,
Please I registered for the SAT Last month on 15. The test is schedule for 06 of may. I registered with my credit card but up till now my account hasn't been debited. is that usual?
Thanks
how much did you paid for the sat?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
Did you mention/fill your OND when applying as a fresher?
Tunnyz7:

I applied as a fresher *undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
It's possible but why did you blur out the name of the school. The school could be part of the problem too. MBA Is not a program to do in just anytype of school. Anyway give more details about the school.
duduafri:
Hello House,

Here is the transcript.

VO: Passport and I 20 request
Me: Greeted and handed it over

Scanned my Barcode
VO: have u been to the US before
ME: Yes, I have travelled to the US twice

VO: whic other country have you visited aside US
Me: South Africa

VO: Why are you going to the US
ME: For My MBA at ****** University at NJ

VO: Are u married
ME: Yes, with a Son

VO: Where does your wife and son live
ME: they reside in Lagos with me

VO: Where is the school Located
ME: montclair, NJ

VO: What do you for work
ME: Product manager at bank *****

VO: Which other organisations have you worked
ME: Stated It

VO: what were your job functions at other organisation
ME: Stated them

VO: One of your previous employement was contract job
ME: Yes

VO: Tell me some of the courses you will be taking during your program
ME: I listed 8 courses

VO: How will you pay for your studies
ME: Mom is sponsoring and my personal savings

VO: What does she do
ME: She is a successful business woman, she is into Importation of Fabric and Jewellery

VO: How much is your monthly income
ME: 373k

VO: Why is your wife not coming with you
ME: My wife is not coming with me because of her job, she is a banker and currently focusing on growing her career. Besides, we dont see any reason why she should come with me since I have plans to be visiting Nigeria whenever the school is on break.

VO: Sorry your Visa is not approved.... Gave me 214b

My concerns: I noticed she asked me questions about where my spouse lives, although they visited US earlier this year and they are back since Feb 25th.

When I checked her i94 status there was no depature date on her form. Could it be the VO is doubting if they are still in the US?

Your contribution would be highly appreciated.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phemmy26(m): 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2017
duduafri:
Hello House,

I was refused F1 today based on 214B. I have visited the US twice and my family have also been to the US once. we have all returned form our previous visits.

During my interview, I noticed the VO asked me why my wife isnt going with me and I answered her that she wouldnt be coming with me because of her Job. she is currently focusing on her career and since i have plans to be visiting whenever the school is break.

After the interview, I researched on what 214b means and this prompted my to check our i-94 records online. I noticed that my wife's and son's departure dates were not recorded online and they have returned to Nigeria since March 4th.

Here are my questions?

1. How do I overcome 214b rejection despite being to the US twice and returned without overstaying.
2. What do we need to do to address the incomplete I-94 travel record for my wife and son as their exit date wasnt captured online.

Your prompt feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,

This actually happened to my wife. When my wife and son went to the US( Currently studying there), i was on the system on the 194 page so i decided to enter my details and it brought at the correct results as per the dates of entry and the day i left yankee. But this time around when my wife and son traveled, they didn't enter the details of my wife entry but that of my son was entered. So what i did was that i contacted the nearest U.S. Customs and Border Protection Deferred Inspection Site which was the one close to the airport particularly her Point of Entry. I have attached the contact info of the various U.S. Customs and Border Protection Deferred Inspection Site. Then send them an email explaining to them your issues, they would respond to you by asking you to provide certain information to them . I did and within 5 days everything was sorted and her details could now been seen on her 194 page

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by duduafri: 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2017
Oh sorry, didnt see it from that angle

Its Montclair State University New Jersey. It a public funded university

joeluv:
It's possible but why did you blur out the name of the school. The school could be part of the problem too. MBA Is not a program to do in just anytype of school. Anyway give more details about the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2017
kolibalex:
Hello house

i was told there is a company in ibadan called Reussir Global ltd, that they do help to process admissions and visa into UsA schools without collecting service fee until visa is out, can anyone confirm this please?

Feedback from others here have stated the many troubles agency has put them in.... if i were you i would stay very far away from any agent

Take your time and do it by yourself and best part it is FREE... there nothing the agency is going to do for you that u cannot do yourself . They might give you tips to trick here and there . Some people do that and get away some people get banned or into trouble. Why will u want to take that risk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
[quote author=anodebeanthony post=55942699]Did you mention/fill your OND when applying as a fresher? [/quote ]
Yes I did
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2017
anodebeanthony:
Did you mention/fill your OND when applying as a fresher?
Yes I did
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ok. Solve your wife's 1-94 issue then reapply. You have enough time. Probably you where just unlucky to meet a very strict VO.
duduafri:
Oh sorry, didnt see it from that angle

Its Montclair State University New Jersey. It a public funded university

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.