Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (697585 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Capitas7: 8:01pm On May 25, 2017
princeGee23:

Contact @texrem and bargain for the exchange rate, hopefully he will help you with no problem... Beat of luck.
I appreciate your concern. I have done as you said. God bless you my brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 8:03pm On May 25, 2017
If your eyes are bad or you have any eye defect, please get your glasses before coming here. I went for my driving license test and I failed the eye test. They gave me a form to give an optometrist to fill and I need to get my glasses before I can write the knowledge test.
Anything healthcare here is so expensive. I called my insurance and they said they don't cover any dental or vision plan.
Now I am looking for a vision insurance to cut down the cost.
Get your glasses before coming here!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:07pm On May 25, 2017
OluDare01:
If your eyes are bad or you have any eye defect, please get your glasses before coming here. I went for my driving license test and I failed the eye test. They gave me a form to give an optometrist to fill and I need to get my glasses before I can write the knowledge test.
Anything healthcare here is so expensive. I called my insurance and they said they don't cover any dental or vision plan.
Now I am looking for a vision insurance to cut down the cost.
Get your glasses before coming here!

When i was a student, this where i used to get glasses...very cheap and u can pick two set and get free eye test . Dont know their latest prices but it was really cheap then .

http://www.americasbest.com/find-a-store/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 25, 2017
PrinceDekunle:
Visa Approved today. 7:00

VO: Good morning (with a funny face like he wants to whine me)
Me: Morning ( I no smile)
VO: When did you finish your Undergraduate?
Me: I finished 2011 at the University of Ilorin
VO: can I see your transcript?
Me: passed him my transcript and also my WES transcript
VO: (with an irritated face) don't give too much documents I just need your transcript (for my mind I just dey vex say wetin dey worry this one. Me wey be psycho wey fit greet my neighbor today no greet am tomorrow)
Me: yes here they are, this is from my school and this is the WES conversion
(He didn't even look at the Uniilorin and just perused thru my WES transcript and nodding his head
VO: your visa has been approved. Pick up your visa at the address, take your I-20 you will be needing them at the port of entry and enjoy your stay in USA. I madesure I heard those words people claim not to hear. Lol awon deaf and dumb crew (na joke I dey oo)

Na so I snatch Yankee visa today
just like that ? JESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 8:11pm On May 25, 2017
Thank you, I will check them out. I pray it would remain cheap cos I've been to 4 clinics and the price no be here o
LagosismyHome:

When i was a student, this where i used to get glasses...very cheap and u can pick two set and get free eye test . Dont know their latest prices but it was really cheap then .

http://www.americasbest.com/find-a-store/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rockymillo(m): 8:17pm On May 25, 2017
princeGee23:
Congratulations man, but I was also like undergraduate with research interest already remembering moniker @234ng44uk warned against this few days ago.... My 2cents on this even, For undergraduate if you have a research topic, please just keep it and say another strong point. Another VO might not find the lamba(format) funny.

Safe Journey to trumpland. Congrats

Congrats my Guy, this is an example of God's Grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 8:18pm On May 25, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:25pm On May 25, 2017
gaviria:
Good evening all.
Please for someone going to St. Louis Missouri(STL) there's no direct flight to the place. Can someone board a flight going to JFK and then have a ticket for a local flight going to STL. And board from LGA to STL? And can someone go like 20 days before school resumes because I need to meet some professors for a position in their labs and all.
Thanks.

Take it step by step
1. Yes you dont have to land directly at STL from Nigeria. So you can always fly into JFK and then connect however best it suits you and suit your pocket

2. A lot of cities in the USA dont have direct flight from Nigeria so thats ok and very common .

3. Note that local flight do not include luggage so you pay extra for that

4. You are allowed to enter the USA 30 days to the start date on your i20 ...so anything between 30 days uptill the last day on your i20 is fine. Never go before 30 days and never go after the date on your i20

5. Yes you can go 20days and settle in before classes start

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by towbaynah(m): 8:31pm On May 25, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

VO: (with an irritated face) don't give too much documents I just need your transcript (for my mind I just dey vex say wetin dey worry this one. Me wey be psycho wey fit greet my neighbor today no greet am tomorrow)
(He didn't even look at the Uniilorin and just perused thru my WES transcript and nodding his head
VO: your visa has been approved. Pick up your visa at the address, take your I-20 you will be needing them at the port of entry and enjoy your stay in USA. I madesure I heard those words people claim not to hear. Lol awon deaf and dumb crew (na joke I dey oo)

They ask for academic transcript at the embassy? Never knew that. I never imagined I would need mine when I go for the interview. Na wa.

Congrats, buddy.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rockymillo(m): 8:39pm On May 25, 2017
rattlesnake:
sell it angry

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by browndegreat: 8:50pm On May 25, 2017
Kaabiyesi100:
Please I need to know what I need to do to relocate to the US. I have a relative who is a citizen and a goverment worker. Can I go with the Vist visa and get to extend it over there. I want to work and go to school there. Dropped out of the Uni so no degree. If I can . Approximately how much is the whole thing going to cost

Elders in the house I greet o.... Please somebody should help answer this.... Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 8:51pm On May 25, 2017
electronic:

Their reply

I said it that day make the person show evidence that sevis fee was actually paid at the branch.

I wonder why people will be selling the fastest free book gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by rattlesnake(m): 9:10pm On May 25, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

Chinko fake transcript don dey enter tory oooo

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 9:14pm On May 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Take it step by step
1. Yes you dont have to land directly at STL from Nigeria. So you can always fly into JFK and then connect however best it suits you and suit your pocket

2. A lot of cities in the USA dont have direct flight from Nigeria so thats ok and very common .

3. Note that local flight do not include luggage so you pay extra for that

4. You are allowed to enter the USA 30 days to the start date on your i20 ...so anything between 30 days uptill the last day on your i20 is fine. Never go before 30 days and never go after the date on your i20

5. Yes you can go 20days and settle in before classes start

Thanks a lot bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oladave02: 9:15pm On May 25, 2017
Walspring:

Congrats and enjoy your stay over there..

Thank you so much Brother.You are the Bomb grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oladave02: 9:18pm On May 25, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

wow! congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:18pm On May 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Walspring your attention is needed here... capitas7 send him a pm . He does help with Sevis payment

I attended to him but he had issues his email and he has rectify it now..

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:20pm On May 25, 2017
gaviria:

Thanks a lot bro.

I am a female cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:23pm On May 25, 2017
sylva91:
Good afternoon everyone. I have an important question to ask pls.With a btech degree, third class,GPA of 1.98, am looking at applying for post graduate studies in us or Canada through writing the GRE exams. I need to know if its possible to get it even if it requires doing PGD before masters proper or must I go for a second degree?
Waiting your reply SIR'S and MA's tnk u.

It will take a great miracle and revival of that of 1930 by JA Babalola for schools in US to grant admission with your Gpa of 1.98

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:23pm On May 25, 2017
oladave02:

Thank you so much Brother.You are the Bomb grin

Let's give the thanks to God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 9:26pm On May 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I am a female cool

Really? So many females here with names that look masculine.lol.
LagosIsMyHome sounds so much like what a guy would use. And the way you answer queries on here is very nice. Thanks anyways ma.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 9:28pm On May 25, 2017
Walspring:

It will take a great miracle and revival of that of 1930 by JA Babalola for schools in US to grant admission with your Gpa of 1.98

I thought that too but didn't want to say.lmao.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by boiiyfello: 9:30pm On May 25, 2017
pls. i want to process admission to schools in u.s.a. pls how do i go about it...help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by rattlesnake(m): 9:45pm On May 25, 2017
boiiyfello:
pls. i want to process admission to schools in u.s.a. pls how do i go about it...help

Write GRE
Wrote TOEFL
Pay application fee
Go online apply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by boiiyfello: 9:54pm On May 25, 2017
[quote author=rattlesnake post=56878198]

can i talk to you privately pls. to enlighten me more
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rockymillo(m): 9:55pm On May 25, 2017
Hi Guys, i had to travel for an impromptu event so i didn't come here with my international passport but i would like to pay the 64k visa fee tomorrow here before heading back to Lagos, my question is , is it compulsory to show them my international passport at GTB before they accept the payment or i just need my infos on the Passport, maybe a scanned copy or picture from phone would do? i would appreciate your responses both the Good and funny, grin i love you all. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 25, 2017
boiiyfello:
Errm on a good day you should start reading from the beginning of this thread but since have got some time, let me copy and paste a summary from my previous posts. To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a) www.msinus.com b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE/gmat and some will require both gre/gmat and toefl, its good to do all these exams to at least have a chance at funding. 4) register for standardize exam and take it 5) Send your application and back it up with prayers. While checking schools, shortlist them according to cost of living in that city, opportunity for Funding,your research interest etc. funding depends on your GPA,LORS, SOP,GRE/TOEFL SCORE. Funding comes inform of teaching assistant or research assistant or administration assistant (TA/RA/AA). Depending on the school, if you get a 20hrs RA/TA/AA which is the maximum hours you can work in fall and spring (you can work 40hrs on campus during summer), your tuition will be waived and you will get a stipend per month as salary for carrying out your duties. If you get 10hrs/week assistantship, half of your tuition will be waived. Have it at the back of your mind that some schools don't waive tuition even if you have 20hrs TA and the amount waived for RA depends on the project you will be working on, so this should be part of the criteria to sieve out schools from your search.

For GRE,

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0 GRE

In the link above, you will find more than enough materials there but it will be waste of time if you use all, head to this gre thread https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/44#39955826 and read the thread to know how best to use the materials. If you cant read that thread, then I am sorry..you need to re-evaluate your decision for graduate study.

For TOEFL, all you need are the speaking noteful videos, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the Toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0 TOEFL

Typically, the 2 major admission cycles are Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). There are more funding and admission opportunities in Fall, so your best bet is to plan towards Fall 2018. Mae sure you submit all your application materials latest December to stand a better chance.

If you have any question, come back here and ask.Cheers

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by boiiyfello: 10:07pm On May 25, 2017
the site i've been heading to are based on phd and ms students only. i need an undergraduate admission. pls. help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 25, 2017
boiiyfello:
the site i've been heading to are based on phd and ms students only. i need an undergraduate admission. pls. help
Oh, you see why you need to be specific next time .... I have little to no Ideal about Undergraduate admission but I am sure @walspring should be able to show you the right way
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 10:53pm On May 25, 2017
Walspring:

Maka why...hehe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by toluene1234: 10:58pm On May 25, 2017
Goodday all,

Please I need your opinion @lagosismyhome, walspring and others. Is it appropriate to call or send a mail to my school to give a status update on my application. I was informed that decision would be made approximately two weeks which get finished this week.
Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 11:12pm On May 25, 2017
toluene1234:
Goodday all,

Please I need your opinion @lagosismyhome, walspring and others. Is it appropriate to call or send a mail to my school to give a status update on my application. I was informed that decision would be made approximately two weeks which get finished this week.
Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes you can, but since it's just 2 weeks now the. chill till tomorrow or Monday. If it still same thing then you can buzz

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.